3/18 Classic maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

3/18 Classic maintenance

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Events:

Spotlight town changes from Geffen to Juno!

Formally launching Classic Video Guide submissions! We'll be paying out VIP subscription bounties for classic video guides, I'll be updating this post shortly with details. 

Updates: 

Working on Asgard Village Equipment quest, would be similar to: these quests

All tool dealers that sold blue gemstones will sell yellow and red as well prices are
Blue: 600
Red: 1200
Yellow: 2400

They cannot be sold to npcs for zeny

Items: 

The following items will no longer be account bound: Star Spangled Bandana, Air Pirate Bandana, Alice Doll, Red Glasses, Evolved Pipe, Robo Eyes, Black Devil Mask, Mini Propeller, Chick Hat, Telling Doll

Feedback needed:

Troy and slotting advertisements -the slotting advertisements were introduced as a rare chance to come out of the latest groove pack. These give a chance of adding a slot to an armor or weapon without breaking. They do have a material and zeny cost to make this attempt. The NPC Troy will be implemented this week but the feedback from the community regarding the necessity of breaking items and the possible problems that Troy could cause for the classic economy is a criticism I am listening to. 

Possible solutions: 

-Keep slotting advertisements rare, only introduced a few times per year

-Increase zeny or materials cost to make slotting attempt

-Reduce what gear can be slotted

-Add separate NPC to take slotted gears in exchange for something like guild supply boxes?

-Alternately, another option would be: Instead of adding a slot to equipment, this would have the chance of adding a slot to a middle headgear (as long as a slotted version exists on our server) 

#2 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

-Add separate NPC to take slotted gears in exchange for something like guild supply boxes?

Not really a solution to the slot ads but i'd personally like to see this go in regardless.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Remove the ads from the game, don't implement Troy, reimburse players that received ads from the box or are currently in the possession of ads through vend. It's not too late to kill them (yet).

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

change them for sunny coupons because you misled people....

#5 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

They are too rare to be a coupon. Takius Blindfold [1] is a fair deal.

#6 FistFullOfSoup

FistFullOfSoup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Reality

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Updates: 

Working on Asgard Village Equipment quest, would be similar to: these quests

As I was researching my return to iRO Loki after 10 years of not playing any RO1, I saw these quests and was really hoping that they would be implemented.  Of course when I got here I found out that I was mistaken, but Janeway kept me here.  So seeing these quests at least in the mix is exciting, even though most of my characters are +70 now thanks to Janeway.

:p_idea:  :thx:  :no1:

#7 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Possible solutions: 

-Keep slotting advertisements rare, only introduced a few times per year  I would prefer not to see them again, but now that they are in... Kind of keep them rare I guess.

-Increase zeny or materials cost to make slotting attempt   Drastically increase the price by 10x and increase materials by 10x for slotting attempt ONLY with slotting advertisement. Leave the cost the same for non slotting advertisements.

-Reduce what gear can be slotted  Don't do that

-Add separate NPC to take slotted gears in exchange for something like guild supply boxes?  ​This should defiantly be introduced ASAP. 

If your going to remove them, only replace with made s. sunnies not the coupons.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 12 March 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#8 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

Possible solutions: 

-Keep slotting advertisements rare, only introduced a few times per year

-Increase zeny or materials cost to make slotting attempt

-Reduce what gear can be slotted

Making something rare that can be available to any player year round is one thing. But making anything rare and only accessible originally via the kafra shop is not a solution either.

What happens is people hoard. Seeing as how important it is to bring in new players, rich players that monopolize these limited edition items and basically sell them to players that can only be just as rich to afford them is a problem. 

It's anti-new player. 

Having a stupid amount of zeny (holy player bot problem, Batman) or enough cash to trade for that same amount of zeny should not grant them anymore access to these limited kafra items than anyone else that doesn't. If the items are so 'OP', don't just make them a luxury affordable for only some groups. I'm not confident I know of the right solution, but I know a bad idea when I see one.

Trading them for slotted sunny coupons is not the right idea. I think the chance of getting a slotted blinder should be increased and that slotted coupons should be put in the next shop event.

And then elvens in the next one :3

Edited by Naida, 12 March 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#9 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

wasted money to buy WPE again.anything worth to use sloting ad except mid gear?

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

wasted money to buy WPE again.anything worth to use sloting ad except mid gear?

Infiltrator, Ice Pick, Assassin Dagger, one of the Breaker weapons if you like that kind of thing (I do /slur).

#11 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

-Alternately, another option would be: Instead of adding a slot to equipment, this would have the chance of adding a slot to a middle headgear (as long as a slotted version exists on our server) 

Nope, no more RNG please.

#12 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Can we get an update on the status of yellow gems being added to mail annex room? A large majority of people seemed to want that change and I don't think there are any setbacks that it would cause.

Why are people talking about slotting advertisements and midgears? Sounds like advertisements apply to anything you're normally able to slot. And I don't think you would want to protect a pair of 5k sunnies from breaking with a slotting advertisement.

Also I don't think slotting advertisements would hurt very much. They just need to have a zeny value of like 30mil and it's good. Can anyone name a rare item that can be slotted that's worth more than 30mil?

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

Can we get an update on the status of yellow gems being added to mail annex room? A large majority of people seemed to want that change and I don't think there are any setbacks that it would cause.

Why are people talking about slotting advertisements and midgears? Sounds like advertisements apply to anything you're normally able to slot. And I don't think you would want to protect a pair of 5k sunnies from breaking with a slotting advertisement.

Also I don't think slotting advertisements would hurt very much. They just need to have a zeny value of like 30mil and it's good. Can anyone name a rare item that can be slotted that's worth more than 30mil?

Red and Yellow gems being added to the mail annex is something that I think we can do within the next couple of weeks. 

#14 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Thanks.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

midgear slotting coupon =/= slot ad

People thought it was mid gear coupons, not slot ads

mystery solved.

edit: solar god helm lolololol

Edited by Xellie, 12 March 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

B>amblems [bulk] specifically to mass-produce sun helms 4 slotting.

#17 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

Maybe I should have said rare, expensive, and useful. You guys can have your slotted solar god helms lol.

edit: Also just remembered that the solar god helm has a special 90% slot chance anyway. So it doesn't really matter that much anyway.

Edited by squirreI, 12 March 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

I wasn't kidding about the Breaker weapons. Swordbreaker and Mailbreaker. They're worth a fair bit by themselves due to the annoying quest one has to subject themselves to in order to make them, and once successfully slotted they go from [0] to [3]. They're insanely good on Stalkers, or would be if everyone didn't run around with unbreakable bg weapons and valk armours.

Side note, I believe that unbreakable gear is detrimental the game in much the same way as full status immunities without sacrifices in build viability, in much the same way that infinite supplies push out skill in favour of attrition tactics, but I'll save that for another rant.

#19 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

Those Eden quests....no. Ugh! One of the things I loathed the Renewal server for was making the equipment NPCs 100% obsolete. I wouldn't mind equipment quests, but one that makes 50% or more of non-Kafra Shop gear on the server obsolete would be too much. How about throwing a dog a bone and rewarding a choice of some decent (but not OP) equipment, and/or maybe a card, like a Phen?

Maybe set up the equipment quests like the reward system for Renewal's Overlook? Do a quest, get a slotted guard. Do another, get slotted shoes. Do another, get a slotted armor like a slotted silk robe (an armor without a level restriction, and for the class of the character), do another, get a choice of either a slotted weapon or a non-slotted elemental weapon of choice. And finally, the reward for finishing the quests is a decent, but not too powerful card. Like the options given to those that finish the Overlook quests.

With Janeway in, it'd make it easy to take a newly made character to level 70 (with help), grind to 99, rebirth, do the "Eden-style" quests to roughly level 70... I'd like to see this not happen. Make it a choice. One or the other. Neither one can be used after trans (like Janeway is now.) If Janeway is taken out, then allow the quests to be done ONLY ONCE, but can be done before or after transcending.

#20 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:18 AM

Those Eden quests....no. Ugh! One of the things I loathed the Renewal server for was making the equipment NPCs 100% obsolete. I wouldn't mind equipment quests, but one that makes 50% or more of non-Kafra Shop gear on the server obsolete would be too much. How about throwing a dog a bone and rewarding a choice of some decent (but not OP) equipment, and/or maybe a card, like a Phen?

Maybe set up the equipment quests like the reward system for Renewal's Overlook? Do a quest, get a slotted guard. Do another, get slotted shoes. Do another, get a slotted armor like a slotted silk robe (an armor without a level restriction, and for the class of the character), do another, get a choice of either a slotted weapon or a non-slotted elemental weapon of choice. And finally, the reward for finishing the quests is a decent, but not too powerful card. Like the options given to those that finish the Overlook quests.

With Janeway in, it'd make it easy to take a newly made character to level 70 (with help), grind to 99, rebirth, do the "Eden-style" quests to roughly level 70... I'd like to see this not happen. Make it a choice. One or the other. Neither one can be used after trans (like Janeway is now.) If Janeway is taken out, then allow the quests to be done ONLY ONCE, but can be done before or after transcending.

I get where you're coming from and I'll admit I havent had to experience the Renewal style Eden stuff. However I feel that something like this is what we need to see. Right now most new players are going to head towards Janeway, it's the fastest way for them to get into the game and make significant progress. But it's not fully fleshed out and they're left in a poor place when it's over right now. All through its creation I've asked the GMs to look at providing players with some items to go along with the levels otherwise they really dont have anything.

The overlook stuff was actually what I was looking at for a while there and feel that if we could make something it'd be a pretty neat alternative to Janeway.

Someone was throwing around the idea of creating a newbie card set that when combined together and put in some slotted gear would give you a bunch of misc bonuses probably similar to what the eden set awards. I always liked the idea of a class specific quest chain that required you to go around and collect/kill stuff to earn yourself some items.

For example:

Swordsman, starting in Izlude. Dude sends you to Morroc to pick up his custom made new full plate, guy at Morroc needs you to kill some golems to finish the armor. Kill golems and come back, guy sends you to Izlude after handing it in the guy is grateful and gives you a ticket to exchange for some armor in the swordy guild. Guy then notices your flash new armor and sends you to Geffen to a fancy blacksmith he knows who'll slot it for you, Geffen smith wants you to go kill horns to get the horns to drill holes for the socket, collect horns and return. Geffen guy slots your armor.

You could repeat this a bunch until you've got slotted gear for the 4-5 major gear pieces and then send players to a place where they can get the newbie card set made for them. Then they get sent off to gather paper, ink, some gemstones, a diamond whatever else. When they return they're either handed a set of cards they can add themselves to their character (or maybe account?) bound gear or the NPCs could do it for them to prevent any weird stuff where players are putting those cards in tradable items etc.

This would give players the option to explore the world and visit the cities/maps, they'd be able to earn items and experience while also hunting some different things. You could pair up some maps and have classes quests intersect in regular places giving people the opportunity to group up with players and get stuff done together. This could be really neat as an alternative to Janeway or even a suitable replacement.

But it'd be an enormous task to write scripts/quests for 4-5 items (multiplied by 2 if you want to slot them all) for each of the 10 classes. So I really dont know, but it's an interesting idea if the community could get involved and write out some stories or scripts for you I think.

#21 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

^ The scripting and item count can be consolidated by making the armor and card sets a general purpose one-size-fits-all deal like how the Eden Group equipment that we have in Renewal is.

#22 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

Themes, the only real complaint I have with the Eden Group quests is the gear. You can actually use the gear until your third class. It's OP for "beginner gear", which is what it's intended for. You can do the quests, transcend, reuse the gear and grind to get levels. And by this time, you could have saved up for your desired final gear set. There is no needing slotted equips (except your final gear set). No need for weapon and armor NPCs. The GMs can literally take out those NPCs out and the only reason why anyone would notice is because there's an NPC missing that they sold their drops to previously. And the gear rivals or beats a bit of the gear sets that are dropped by MVPs. The quests themselves were okay. You go here, kill 10 of this, then get told to kill 5 of that, possibly get exp, return to the Eden Group to get your gear, weapon, or an upgraded version of each.

But can the GMs even create new cards? I know they can make new weapons, but the weapons lack animations. Can they create the new cards, and if the button is pressed to view the picture (if they can't be edited out), would it crash the client? There's so many things the GMs can and can't do due to not being able to edit the client. (everything being "baked in" as Oda stated once...)

The proposal you mentioned would possibly involve needing kRO's help. (Not sure how far our devs can go with creating new items, like cards.) My proposal utilizes cards and gear that's already accessible in-game, so there's really no work there besides implementing the code for the quests/NPCs. Besides, if more cards like swordfish and/or phen cards are made available, it might liven up the market. There's almost always a need for a phen card. (I need 1 or 20, after all.) Hell, people could redo the quest multiple times just to get this card. With the "newbie cards," there'd be no market for them. They'd be great to start out with, but once your done, if the gear they're in is account-bound, then what? Trash?

The only other issue I'd have with it is the item collecting. Horns? Yeah, that's okay. Diamonds? Only if they can be bought from an NPC. If it's an item that drops at a rate of 1% or less, I'd advise against it. I spent nearly a full day (interrupted) hunting 5 fine grit so my thief could learn the Sand Attack skill. I didn't need to, but then I'd feel something was missing... Call me lazy, but I'm getting to the point that I'd rather buy stuff. The problem with this, is no one is selling quest items. The market sucks because everyone's catering to the vets/WoE crowd. Only thing notable I've seen on market really is over-upgraded equipment and some Kafra Shop stuff. You can't find stuff like fine grit or odd quest stuff like that...

Edited by belld1711, 13 March 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#23 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

Remove the ads from the game, don't implement Troy, reimburse players that received ads from the box or are currently in the possession of ads through vend. It's not too late to kill them (yet).

This ^

#24 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

Through vend??  :p_swt:  nnnnnnnooooooooooo plx.

So when are we gettin a nice big zeny sink? I think this server could use one >:

And can we make a thread dedicated to strategy on dealing with player bots? It's F-ing rampant.

#25 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

@belld id advise against learning anything else besides stone fling/gather stone and backslide for thief class, besides you get all of them once you trans anyways. As for etc items being vended, I say classic also needs some sort of buy shop, ppl who vend try to put stuff that actually sells and seeing this server has low pop (and a majority vets) its much more favorable to vend stuff other than quest mats usually coz they assume there isnt a lot of new players around hence taking up a item vend spot just to hope it will sells is not really advised. Hence why buy shops are needed, that way it also helps clean up everyone's "junk" and earn a lil zeny in the process!

Someone's junk can be another's treasure!

Edited by Phil, 13 March 2015 - 10:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users