[Review & Discussion] Thanatos (Thanos) Katar - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Review & Discussion] Thanatos (Thanos) Katar

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

Hey Guys, I'm sure a lot of GX's is looking for infomations of the Thanatos (not Thanos =/) Katar, so I made a little review to leave you guys my experience and feelings with it!

aa1io.jpg

I got one +7 Thanatos Katar for the purpose of RCing with it. Its gives 269 of ATK at +7 (283? at +9, 304? at +12) and for me it was a really nice boost on damage coz I was using a +9 FS9 Krishna.

The feeling that I have about the PROC Rate of the Katar is that is pretty good, but sometimes it can't do the job (HP & SP) that well, I trying hunting on the Cenere and Antique Book map on Eclage and made my opnion.

1st: It procs SP very nice, but its good to have 5+ monsters mob to get a nice proc rate.

2nd: Sometimes the Proc for HP with the Hunter Fly Card is not enough, making it necessary to switch to a Vana or RWH or potions.

3rd: My damage got higher about 2.000 peer Rolling Cutter

4th: It can't hold the SP whenever you're using a Temporal Boots with Hawkeye or Speed Of Light, otherelse it goes perfect.

So, for me, the Positive and Negative points about this Katar is:

Postive:

- Don't need to equip Rec Hat 100% of time

- High Damage (Better than almost all leveling Katars)

- Enough Proc for SP

Negative:

- Lower Attack than a well echant WBC

- Low Proc/Quantity of HP Rec.

Conclusion: For sure it is the best Katar for leveling purpose, but for low level GX's, maybe it will be necessary to combo with a Rec hat.

Obs: I never used the Sin Cuff combo becouse I always go with 2x Bakonawa as accessorys

Thats it guys, hope some of you get in touch with this one so we can discuss about it ^.^

Edited by Setluks, 14 March 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#2 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

Ive been using a +9 krishna as well with sin cuff combo. So even with the combo of 50 attack, at +7-9 of the thanatos it still was giving 2k more dmg? thats awesome. What accessory instead of sin cuff now perhaps?

sorry im very new to GX

#3 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Ive been using a +9 krishna as well with sin cuff combo. So even with the combo of 50 attack, at +7-9 of the thanatos it still was giving 2k more dmg? thats awesome. What accessory instead of sin cuff now perhaps?

sorry im very new to GX

I never used a Sin Cuff coz I was going with 2x Bakonawa as ACC. So now I keep using the Bakonawas.

#4 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

oh ok, Im to poor for tha tats lol. i guess my RWC rings will have to do for now haha thanks. now, to try to slot it. not sure how i go about doing this tho

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Thanatos is better than my +9 FS11 Blood Tears in regards of dmg, wich was already better than Krishna+Cuff combo, just logical answer here

#6 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

I think I'll miss my +9 Krishna FS14

#7 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

I'm curious if it's worth carding with a hunter fly card, or if I should hold out for one of the new malaya cards that gives the moonlight dagger like effect (+1sp per hit). I feel like I'm always gonna use pots no matter what as even a double malicious doesn't proc heal often enough, and I don't want to invest in a rideword/vana at all right now.

Urghhh decisions. 

#8 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

i used my dbl mali +9 krishna from 100 to 126 im at now. along with RWH and an incubus pet. hardly ever used potion. Just solod thru low and mid TI. I did keep the alarm mask on and headgear switch to WPH in emergency's. hardly ever had to tho. Didn't use EDP either. which i had a friend tell me he did for higher leech from the higher dmg. It jsut seemd to always proc in a decent mob for me. Im just hoping the "low chance" from the thana will suffice for not having the other HF card.

#9 Franchu1991

Franchu1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Server:Taking a break

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

I'm using a 4xHF Various Jur. Damage is lame, and when fighting monsters above Lv140 I have to use EDP or else my damage/leeching isn't enough, but other than that, I seldom use any healing item (always bring ygg seeds or green ales for emergencies). I recover sp with a +9 RWH, and I've only run out of sp once (it proc'ed right after healing, Murphy's law at its best).

OP says that hp recovery doesn't proc as often, but still if it gives such an increase in damage output, it might be good enough when carded with a HF.

I don't see the point in giving "Moonlight effect" to this katar, since OP says that sp recovery procs quite often, and GXs don't consume too much sp anyway.

#10 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Sure, and I've heard people tell me they never run out of SP when using a rideword +9... and yet when I have used it in the past, I would run out of SP all the time.

I like to use skills and having endless SP sounds more beneficial to me than adding another 3% chance to drain HP. I know it stacks in both ways, but I'm gonna use healing items anyway, because even when I used rideword + HF I would still need to heal when the mob is on me. 

Using 300 carrots is cheaper than using a single blue pot and roughly the same price as a single strawberry. I'd rather be 100% on sp than on hp, but then I guess I'll test the katar out before I slot... especially since I slotted my HF card into my blood tears before we got this instance added. Ugh... that katar is nearly useless now. And if Thanatos stuff sells for 80 mil, I'll have to hawk it at like 65 mil or so. Gross. 

#11 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

I actually used to have the same problem, Its because your mobs arent big enough. When mobbing in magma i actually used more pots (pumpkins in my case) than in Mid TI. I hardly ever used them. same for SP. Actually, for sp, i never used pots. as my sp is only 1k and i was doing 3.5k dmg so the leech was always enough. Adding the incubus pet was even better. I was literally at 90% or above SP at all times. BUT only when the mobs were big enough. i used to think that ppl were just BSing me. But i found that 4-5 monsters wasnt suffient. Now going to Mid TI and mobbing like 10-15 i always leech with RWH and the double mali krishna.

Edited by Zelnite, 14 March 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#12 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

how to obtain that katar any link? 

can my lv.127 manage to get that quest? 

#13 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

how to obtain that katar any link? 

can my lv.127 manage to get that quest? 

The quest is pretty easy and simple, but don't know any guide of the instance, I learned it by reading some comments on the forum

#14 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

where does it start?

#15 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Sure, and I've heard people tell me they never run out of SP when using a rideword +9... and yet when I have used it in the past, I would run out of SP all the time.

I like to use skills and having endless SP sounds more beneficial to me than adding another 3% chance to drain HP. I know it stacks in both ways, but I'm gonna use healing items anyway, because even when I used rideword + HF I would still need to heal when the mob is on me. 

Using 300 carrots is cheaper than using a single blue pot and roughly the same price as a single strawberry. I'd rather be 100% on sp than on hp, but then I guess I'll test the katar out before I slot... especially since I slotted my HF card into my blood tears before we got this instance added. Ugh... that katar is nearly useless now. And if Thanatos stuff sells for 80 mil, I'll have to hawk it at like 65 mil or so. Gross. 

Imo the thanatos katar is quite easy to obtain (takes 2 days for me to get one by doing the instance on 3-4 chars per day) so if I were you I'd save my zeny and avoid buying it (im poor lol)

Edited by iZap, 14 March 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#16 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

HOW???

#17 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

HOW???

you can start the instance by talking to an npc in the dimensional crack (unpleasant royal guard i think he was called?) and the instance is really straight forward, just walk in, talk to the npc, kill everything that spawns, collect gray shards that they drop, move on to next area, reapeat. That's really all there is to it

#18 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

Imo the thanatos katar is quite easy to obtain (takes 2 days for me to get one by doing the instance on 3-4 chars per day) so if I were you I'd save my zeny and avoid buying it (im poor lol)

My hope is there is a rich and impatient GX who wants a good katar to use until they hit 120 -- the level requirement for Thanatos weapons. 

Or I guess I just made it for no reason and wasted 30 or so enriched elu + an HF card (and FS 8 on it.) 

Edited by mikayel, 14 March 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#19 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

This, don't buy it. The instance is super easy, even my FS AB can do it (albeit slowly lmao).

you can start the instance by talking to an npc in the dimensional crack (unpleasant royal guard i think he was called?) and the instance is really straight forward, just walk in, talk to the npc, kill everything that spawns, collect gray shards that they drop, move on to next area, reapeat. That's really all there is to it

Remember to kill the big spawn in first the prison area once the portal spawns. I get most of my shards there. They drop like candy with the vip drop event (~50 per run).

As to how to start the instance:

1. Enter dimensional gate.

Spoiler

2. Enter portal inside

Spoiler

3. Talk to the knight

Spoiler

#20 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

where to find that dimensional gate? hazy forest?

#21 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

New world. .___.

Talk to the cat inside Eden, to the right of Aperture. Accept his deal (think you have to pay 50k zeny, not sure about the amount), and he'll warp you to sograt desert. Walk a bit east, there's a small cat. Talk to him, select the second option and you'll get warped again. Walk north and talk to the last cat merchant. He'll warp you right where I'm standing on the first screenshot.

#22 DEInc

DEInc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

Just a quick question. How do you put a slot on this one?

#23 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

it has already a slot but hidden slot (bugged)?

just click any weapon card thanatos katar will appear.

#24 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

it has already a slot but hidden slot (bugged)?

just click any weapon card thanatos katar will appear.

that's not a bug the hidden slot on katar, all Gray gears have their hidden slot

#25 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

OOPS NECRO POST.. I didn't looked at the date  :sob:

What's the minimum level to get this? My GX i still at 103.

Edited by zilahmonsan, 04 June 2015 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users