Need advice on Ignition Break build - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice on Ignition Break build

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:10 AM

Hey guys, mass grinded yesterday and today and managed to make a new Rune Knight.  I decided to build it based on Ignition Break because it seems more viable to solo level with.  Need some advice on gear and stats.  (Haven't got the skill yet, 23 job is harsh).

Acquired Gear:

+9 Black Ribbon [Carat?] -haven't carded it yet

Black Devil Mask [Incubus] -heard IB build requires alot of sp

Gangster scarf

Don't know what armor to get.

+9 Tae Goo Lyeon FS5/6 [Sword Guardian x2?] -not sure what card for IB

+9 Immune HBP or Nidd Garb

+9 Superior E.Variants

RWC Ring FS6 [Gold Scab] 

Looking for a Peuz Seal 250sp

Stats (at 100):

90 Str

50 Agi

60 Vit

1 Int

72 Dex

1 Luk

Please have a look and criticize on what's wrong.

Thanks!

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

i prefer sustainability over damage, so i advise using +9 RWH or vana carded with AA card. then weapon using triple maliccious RTE. then using racial shield and elemental armor. you can use temp str boots FS7 bear power. and for stats, eliminate agi completely and add 77 luk.
the idea of my advice is, when doing IB you are a center of attention and mobs will destroy you mercilessly. that's why good HP SP leech and reduction is the key here. coz it can eliminate pot cost and sometimes spamming pot when mob is impossible due to lag or the damage taken is bigger than pot capacity.

#3 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:08 AM

So, you wont be using a HP/SP leeching Headgear because of the better IB Dmg output. Okay, you can card it With Carat but personally i would go for more damage but its your choice ^^

BDM the same but Incu is alright. RK´s SP pool is really bad :/ So your cards are good choice, if you dont want to spam SP pots every few seconds.

For the first levels I would recommend a Earth Deleter Armor. You ain´t need a Orlean Robe though so you could use a Enchanted Dia Armor + Porce., Boitata or good enchanted Peuz/Urs.

Tae Goo with 2 SG Cards, if you would chain or start with Bowling Bash. Actually it is really good with HP/SP regain gear that procs on hits, because if you are positioned right and hit the mob with double the hits you have double the chance to regain your Health/SP back.

If you do not want to use it to often, go for 2 Damage% cards, 2x AS cards, if you want to get DB later on or want sometimes use CS or Sonic Wave (i love this skill so much *-*) or even Hunter Fly cards.

Rest seems fine to me. It should fit your playstyle but you are in the right direction :)

Edited by RaohSung, 19 March 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#4 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Note: Ignition Break doesn't have cast delay; it has cooldown, so the 20% cast delay reduction from +9 TGL won't have an impact. Violet Fear is slightly better for damage, but seeing as how you already have +9 TGL, stick with that.

Fire element: Ignition Break does more damage when you are endowed with fire element, although Ignition Break deals neutral damage. If you don't want to use elemental scrolls or don't have access to a Sage/Scholar/Sorcerer to endow you with fire, you can use a RTE. You can card it with 3x Hunter Fly cards for HP restoration. Elemental scrolls are cheap, though, so you should use them if you're sticking with TGL.

Animation delay: The animation delay for IB and BB can be reduced by higher ASPD (usually higher AGI, so you should be fine with 50 AGI).

Combos: Bowling Bash, Ignition Break, and, eventually, Storm Blast (requires a rune). You can also use Wind Cutter in place of Storm Blast, but only after you get IB to level 5. A Sword Guardian-carded weapon is useful for the BB part of the combo.

Stats: As you level, work on increasing your VIT and DEX.  I'd get to 80 DEX first, then 90 VIT, but you can prioritize VIT first if you need more HP/Def for survival early on.

Unfortunately, you're already at level 100, but if you were still level 99, I would've recommended doing the 91-99 Eden Group quests, using a BMX3 when you turn them in (along with Bounty Boards and Gramps TI), then die until you're back to 0% base EXP at level 99. Repeat until your job level is high enough.

#5 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.  And random question, if I have the full peuz set+black ribbon, does the damage of Wind Cutter be comparable with Bowling Bash?

#6 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

HF thanos 2h sword. so you'll have "Rideword Hat" with Black ribbon on. =3

you can swap to vana too if you're low on SP.

you can get a Temporal STR boots with FS too.

Edited by KudanSeishirou, 20 March 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#7 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

does the damage of Wind Cutter be comparable with Bowling Bash?

Wind Cutter is forced "Wind" property, like "Earth Drive" for Royal Guards.

Could be okay against Water monsters but it ain´t so spammable like BB.

#8 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

The thing I hate about BB is the gutter lines, it's like only 50% reliable if I am mobbing.  I wish they fixed this...

#9 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Yea... won´t happen though :/

Didn´t fix it like in 12 Years or so...so... don´t hope for it...

#10 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

i think the gutterline is intended, because BB is OP. you just need to know how to use them.

#11 1211141207050339913

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

hey guys,

i just got my RK to IB build recently, and pretty much like fuyuki said, RK IB get hit a lot since we are at the center of attention.

so for survival, shud i get +9 triple malicious rte or +9 double malicious tgl?

most of my gear is already sp leech - +9vana, +7immune nidd - and now i need a hp leech item.

any suggestion?

thanks!

#12 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Actually once you get IB it is very easy to level up in magma level 1 and then eventually magma level 2 all the way to level 130.

As most monsters there are fire, a triple malicious BLUE twin edge actually works very well, and coupled with +9 vanargand, you should only occassionally need to use white potion for HP or strawberry for SP.

#13 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

Actually once you get IB it is very easy to level up in magma level 1 and then eventually magma level 2 all the way to level 130.

As most monsters there are fire, a triple malicious BLUE twin edge actually works very well, and coupled with +9 vanargand, you should only occassionally need to use white potion for HP or strawberry for SP.

I have to disagree with your suggestion of using a BTE in Magma 2.

Magma 1 is fine, everything there is Fire. However, Magma 2 (aka Nogg Road) has Diabolics and Nightmare Terrors which are Shadow 2 and Shadow 3 respectively; they will resist water damage by 25% and 50% respectively.

It is safer to default Neutral or Holy on your weapon in Nogg Road so you can kill stuff in there equally effectively.

#14 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

As I understand it, Ignition Break always does neutral damage, no matter the weapon element. Ignition Break does additional damage if the weapon element is fire.

EDIT: If comboing with BB, that would require switching to a weapon with an appropriate element. Otherwise, it would be possible to just stick with IB with a fire-endowed weapon.

Edited by MorseCoder, 19 April 2015 - 08:05 PM.

#15 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

I'll check once servers are back up, but I am firmly of the understanding that Ignition Break carries the element of your weapon just like Bowling Bash and other physical attack skills.

#16 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

Confirmed, Ignition Break carries weapon element:

+6 Alca Bringer, no element (Neutral) vs. Poring
JVO17hE.jpg

+6 Alca Bringer, Wind element (via converter) vs. Poring

GW44vEX.jpg

11365 Neutral, 17171 Wind vs. Poring which is Water 1. Testing got slightly messy in that second screenshot since I chased Porings all over the place trying to get a shot with me hitting just one.

Test can be easily repeated by anyone skeptical or just plain curious.

EDIT: Sorry, reuploading screenies. Noticed some private info in there.

There we go.

Third time's the charm. =V

Edited by kingarthur6687, 19 April 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#17 1211141207050339913

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

Been leveling there since i was 110, now 120 and still going. if u guys see someone spamming IB, thats me :P

So i guess imma gonna go with +9 double malicious tgl.

Thanks for all the input guys!

:p_smile:

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

IB does carry the element of your weapon / endow; it always has. It just does additional damage when the endow you use is fire. You could look into a long horn or something that has natural holy element, though that would only have one slot. You could also look into other maps besides Nogg 2 (Desert Wolves are nice). Nightmare Terrors steal SP like crazy, and getting holy element with aspersio scrolls is $$$ if you want to use a red twin. Blue Twin MIGHT be able to two-shot even if using water element...

#19 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Try it yourself. The BTE worked out really well for me. I have an RK that I leveled up all the way from 105 to 130 in magma 1 and 2 with no difficulty. On average one level gained per hour with exp bonus from VIP, goggle costume, and weekly event.

Spamming IB with a +4 triple malicious blue twin edge (water element), I pretty much 1 shot all fire monsters (gig, blazer, ground deleter, flying deleter) but shadow monsters are tougher (diabolic still usually 1 shot, nightmare terror usually requires 2 shots).

For additional survivability, I used a +4 Lucius Fierce Armor of Volcano since it is inherent fire element and provides resistance against fire monsters and it is very cheap only like 3-4 M on market without slot. I also used a +4 Valkyrja shield (20% resistant to fire monsters, 20% resistance to shadow monsters) slotted with Khalitzburg Card (30% damage reduction against demon monsters like diabolic and nightmare terror).

Nightmare terror does steal SP like crazy so you have to be mindful as even with a +9 vanargand helm it doesn't always proc despite using IB on big mobs. I usually bring like 200 fly wings with me to keep teleporting to find mobs that I can IB on. When I need to return to town to get more fly wings, that is when I also claim the Eden quests reward for flying deleter, ground deleter, and nightmare terror and channel all the exp to base level as I have VIP status.

Edited by yauhoilun, 20 April 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#20 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I also used a +4 Valkyrja shield (20% resistant to fire monsters, 20% resistance to shadow monsters)

Incorrect. Valkyrja's Shield gives you 20% resistance to Fire, Water, Undead, and Shadow elemental attacks. It's a great shield, one of the best around, but its inherent resistances are based on elements, not races.

#21 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

From 101-126, I just solo grinded mid TI.  Just use a +9 Triple Malicious RTE and green ales to face tank the mobs.  Usually takes me 2 IBs to kill them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users