JP gorverment anti piracy takes effects: shutting down anime stream site - Off Topic - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

JP gorverment anti piracy takes effects: shutting down anime stream site

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:07 AM

I already loss my 4 favorite site today

im sure will be next to shut down. (so i currently downloading my top 15 favorite anime hope I make it in time).   :sob: goodbye anime life. 

Edited by Campitor, 30 March 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#2 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

please respect copy right and pay.

#3 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

Also, wrong section.

#4 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

College students will argue.

#5 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

College students will argue.

We only eat instant noodles and coffee. We're too malnourished to argue.

#6 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:25 AM

good luck stopping anything that already reached the internets

#7 OreoBoolat

OreoBoolat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

:ani_bzz: -_-,-_-,-_- and -_-!

dang it, I'm not able to online properly and Imma hell bored, then this?!

I won't be able to download everything now  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#8 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

First person trying to defend this twisted way of handling things...

What about manga never translated to english and released outside japan, appearing on site due to fan effort?

What about mangakas who used such site as a way to publish their work to greater audience?

Who cares, ctrl+A, delete, enter

much illegal, very wow, economy grows so much

Go on, find me onepunchman manga oficially released in english. Or city of dead sorcerer. Go on, try.
Until then, I feel free to read it on sites like mangahere.

#9 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

I would gladly pay.

If anybody sold the anime/manga I want in my language. The problem is that in many cases that law is not 'stop piracy' but 'stop watching these anime/manga'.

#10 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

good luck stopping anything that already reached the internets

Basically this. Also, you stream anime? Ewww. :p_sick:

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

We only eat instant noodles and coffee. We're too malnourished to argue.

I wil keep you nourished :v

#12 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

What about manga never translated to english and released outside japan, appearing on site due to fan effort?

What about mangakas who used such site as a way to publish their work to greater audience?

Go on, find me onepunchman manga oficially released in english. Or city of dead sorcerer. Go on, try.

As an anime and sh!t blog manager, most of the time the artist claims copyright because the website don't post any information or source their artwork. Also first they ask if you can remove their art from your website, and if you don't, the legal battle starts

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

which sites got shut down?

#14 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

If we can say these words to RO private server.

#15 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

I wasn't defending anybody's idea.

That was just a summary of what this law issue is about.

On the other hand, did you know Japanese animators' salary is lower than ever because nobody pays for anime anymore?

Parasites(your icon lol) like you will eventually kill the anime industry you know? 

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 22 March 2015 - 08:40 AM.

#16 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

I wasn't defending anybody's idea.

That was just a summary of what this law issue is about.

On the other hand, did you know Japanese animators' salary is lower than ever because nobody pays for anime anymore?

Parasites(your icon lol) like you will eventually kill the anime industry you know? 

I wonder why people call us parasites when its mostly the fandom the ones that actually have to subtitle everything because the studios are cheap-asses that dont bother.

they want the money, but they dont subtitle almost anything, so naturally we need to resort to alternative markets.

give us a legal option to buy your stuff and you'll see people actually taking it.  im sure most anime-watching fans would love to have a boxset of their favorite animes.

and lets get real, learning japanese just to read manga is NOT happening.

#17 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

I'm surprised so many fan streaming sites still exist with all the copyright laws.  I personally prefer to get my anime from legit sources but I've found myself going to fan streaming sites.  Though, sometimes I go to one to stream some shows because the legal streaming sights are annoying to use, slower to post new stuff, or don't keep old episodes around for too long. 

As someone alluded to, fan subbing and these streaming sites exists for much the same reason pservers exists. Legal translated/localized versions are usually slower at getting things than fan sources.  In some cases fan sources do a better job than the legal licensed ones.  In anime, the official licensed companies need to buy the license and pay the translators which takes time.  And if they don't think there's a big enough market for a anime to make a profit, they wont get it.  Fan subbers and streamers are volunteer, don't buy the licenses (hence why they're illegal), and don't have to go through the bureaucracy to get things done.  It's the same with pservers vs the legal licensed versions.  Ragnarok  Online for example, iRO has to go through kRO to get updates which costs them money and they have to deal with kRO's bureaucracy to get updates which slows things down a lot.  Pservers, on the other hand, skip the bureaucracy part and just steal their updates and are able to get them quicker.

#18 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

Putting on privacy is not a bad thing but I don't see the ripple effect doing good for the anime industry.

#19 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

which sites got shut down?

GIven that a cursory look through made no mention of anything, probably nothing worthy of note.

Streaming is crap anyhow, the true otakus are in another castle.

#20 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

I wonder why people call us parasites when its mostly the fandom the ones that actually have to subtitle everything because the studios are cheap-asses that dont bother.

they want the money, but they dont subtitle almost anything, so naturally we need to resort to alternative markets.

give us a legal option to buy your stuff and you'll see people actually taking it.  im sure most anime-watching fans would love to have a boxset of their favorite animes.

and lets get real, learning japanese just to read manga is NOT happening.

There are lot of pay websites(some free but with advertisement) have official permission to stream anime with subtitles like only one or two day delay. Surprisingly even a lot of Chinese(We all know it used to be the biggest piracy country, no offense) websites do pay the official to get the streaming right now.

Also, Japanese studios are putting effort in globaly spreading their products thus your argument is not based on the fact.

e.g.1 New season of Fate had official niconico stream with official English sub.

e.g.2 New season of Sailormoon had 12 language sub streamed simultaneously on the same day of first broadcast in Japan 

So don't blame others for your disability in finding a legal way to watch anime(with sub).

I feel sorry for you coz you do miss a lot of fun of anime if you don't know Japanese.

Knowing just a little is enough to brighten your anime life up a lot lol

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 22 March 2015 - 04:19 PM.

#21 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

Were going back in year 2005 era

-using TV (almost 7 years since I didn't watch and used that thing) 

-paying cable per month

-watching 2-3years old anime. 

-buying Dvd for each anime

-buying manga 

-no more fresh episode per week. 

-no more reading review & 1st reaction comment in every series 

Edited by Ward20th, 22 March 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#22 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

^ well said

the bookstores here in pinas is as frustrating as ever if ya hunt for the real stuff

not even a clean and good set of series

mangas sold like old hag's smile 

anime stores sell cosplay stuff and more fake merchandise :pif:

#23 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

There are lot of pay websites(some free but with advertisement) have official permission to stream anime with subtitles like only one or two day delay. Surprisingly even a lot of Chinese(We all know it used to be the biggest piracy country, no offense) websites do pay the official to get the streaming right now.

Also, Japanese studios are putting effort in globaly spreading their products thus your argument is not based on the fact.

e.g.1 New season of Fate had official niconico stream with official English sub.

e.g.2 New season of Sailormoon had 12 language sub streamed simultaneously on the same day of first broadcast in Japan 

So don't blame others for your disability in finding a legal way to watch anime(with sub).

I feel sorry for you coz you do miss a lot of fun of anime if you don't know Japanese.

Knowing just a little is enough to brighten your anime life up a lot lol

this is mostly true assuming you are from the US, but im speaking for the southern demographic here, pretty much the entirety of spanish subs are fan-made, and they are pretty nice.

i dont mean to get in any sort of personal argument with you or anything, but sadly anime studios dont bother with subs that are not english most of the time, so all of us gotta look elsewhere.

and im sure im missing on some neat stuff by not knowing japanese, but i have better things to do with my time than learning a whole new language that is only spoken on a single country which is troublesome to visit in the first place.

#24 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

this is mostly true assuming you are from the US, but im speaking for the southern demographic here, pretty much the entirety of spanish subs are fan-made, and they are pretty nice.

i dont mean to get in any sort of personal argument with you or anything, but sadly anime studios dont bother with subs that are not english most of the time, so all of us gotta look elsewhere.

and im sure im missing on some neat stuff by not knowing japanese, but i have better things to do with my time than learning a whole new language that is only spoken on a single country which is troublesome to visit in the first place.

Sorry I ain't from the states.

I am just surprised that I am getting criticized because I told people to respect others and the law.

You seems to know English better than I do, but is there still barrier for you to understand English subs?

Since you got better things to do in your life, I guess it is a good timing for you to stop watching anime.

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 23 March 2015 - 03:51 AM.

#25 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

Daym, it's a Didn't even know for some of them.

EDIT:

Oh, how's the situation with IRC? Didn't use that since... well, idk when I used it last time, before anime fansub groups weren't kill.

Edited by Campitor, 30 March 2015 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users