• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ozzyverse

Ozzyverse

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

I just got Steam so I could reinstall RO2 since I couldn't reinstall it from the site as it would insta-crash right before installation began.  Well, it wouldn't let me link my existing account to Steam and so I made a new one.  Now I can't go on my original account because Steam makes me auto-log my new account.

This is not good at all.  I may be a free player and I may be new, but I don't want to have to keep starting from scratch on everything because of a problem that apparently can't be fixed in over two years.  Yeah, I saw posts that said, "We're working on it!" dated 2013.

***EDIT: I should also mention that the reason I uninstalled the game was because of one of the many Hackshield bugs that cause the game to crash due to false hack detections.  I couldn't even enter in my username/password before it kicked me off with a bunch of spam prompts telling me that hacks have been detected.

Edited by Ozzyverse, 22 March 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#2 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

If you have Windows 8/8.1, that is the issue you're having with the installer. I have had this issue for over 4 months and explains my absence. As for a solution, It's going to be a trip.

Go to Aeria Games, with whom we have a partnership with for RO2, and download their version of the installer. After everything is done, go to your Desktop [assuming you use the Desktop mode instead of the tiles], and right-click the RO2 Launcher shortcut. Click Open file location and from there go up a folder so you can see the entire RagnarokOnline2 folder. Right click the RO2 folder and click Cut. Go to your C: Drive and go to Program Files (x86). When there, right click and paste or Ctrl + V to paste the folder. Before you continue, make sure you delete the shortcut you currently have on your desktop for the Launcher. Going back to the folder, delete the following files:

aeria_launcher.exe, Aeria_web, Get Aeria Points, and go into the Folder named Launcher to delete Aeria_CH.cinfo.

The reason for that is so you don't have to log in via Aeria Games, which would leave you unable to log into your original account. If you're having any trouble after this, please let me know.

#3 Ozzyverse

Ozzyverse

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hey, thanks for the help.  I'll try that out.  In the meantime, I don't really mind having a new account as long as my original account is still accessible.  Thanks again.

#4 Ozzyverse

Ozzyverse

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

Okay, that's great.  Now how do I start the client?

***EDIT: Never mind, I found it.  Thanks.

Edited by Ozzyverse, 23 March 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#5 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

Very welcome. I might make this a guide if given approval.

#6 ryujinza

ryujinza

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

I have done the steps above and i still receive the same error message when i try to log in, any suggestions on how to fix please?

#7 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

What kind of error are you getting?

#8 ryujinza

ryujinza

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Don't worry, the problem has fixed itself after i restarted my computer, thanks for the help

#9 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Very welcome. I'm just glad I can help others with the same problem I faced myself.

#10 Mathan

Mathan

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

Is there any way to instal the game directly?

#11 Letal1s

Letal1s

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:06 AM

Okay, they don't have it on the site directly,but here: http://www.aeriagame...gnarok-online-2

will report back once I tried the fix

Edit:

Worked perfectly :) thank you! It's patching right now.

Edited by Letal1s, 21 July 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#12 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

@VModSushi

Does this mean could use one installation to run both my Areia account AND Steam account? By saving and removing said files to log in as Steam User and then replace the files to get back in to aeria account? Ultimately meaning I don't have to update the same game twice and be to regain 6GB worth of hard drive space?

#13 frusbqd

frusbqd

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

If you have Windows 8/8.1, that is the issue you're having with the installer. I have had this issue for over 4 months and explains my absence. As for a solution, It's going to be a trip.

Go to Aeria Games, with whom we have a partnership with for RO2, and download their version of the installer. After everything is done, go to your Desktop [assuming you use the Desktop mode instead of the tiles], and right-click the RO2 Launcher shortcut. Click Open file location and from there go up a folder so you can see the entire RagnarokOnline2 folder. Right click the RO2 folder and click Cut. Go to your C: Drive and go to Program Files (x86). When there, right click and paste or Ctrl + V to paste the folder. Before you continue, make sure you delete the shortcut you currently have on your desktop for the Launcher. Going back to the folder, delete the following files:

aeria_launcher.exe, Aeria_web, Get Aeria Points, and go into the Folder named Launcher to delete Aeria_CH.cinfo.

The reason for that is so you don't have to log in via Aeria Games, which would leave you unable to log into your original account. If you're having any trouble after this, please let me know.

I did everything here...and it isn't working. I get this error, and I can't find anything to fix it. I tried restarting my computer like the one fellow said hoping it would "fix itself" no luck....at all. Here's a screen cap of what I see. It is so depressing...I really want to play RO2 again. I miss it so much, for real.

tumblr_nxn4mcAnAT1uqs4rto1_540.png

#14 frusbqd

frusbqd

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

ALso, I realize this was about the installer initially, lol...I was having this issue first, so I reinstalled Rag, but THAT wasn't working, so I came here, and I thought since you were so helpful with the installer, you might know how to fix that, to.....sorry XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users