Leveling with HP/SP leech gears. - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Leveling with HP/SP leech gears.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:18 AM

Bear's Power is nice for RC leveling, since u will be mobbing, and so taking damage one way or another, its always nice to have a good damge boost
Btw, i've done the math, Blood Tears surpasses krishna already when both are +9, both get same enchants so it doesnt matter, and even with the krishna combo, the thing is that the combo adds eATK and also krishna is a lvl3 weapon.
Blood Tears being lvl 4 and having only(a pretty good) wATK, it benefits more from the renewal edp formula, not to mention it gives u a free acc slot.

#27 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

i build my GX's stats like this

STR 100

AGI  130

VIT    85

INT      1

DEX 100

LUK   43

How?

Now i'm wearing +9 Krishna [2] FS11 wihout card

May I ask why you're taking your agi to 130? the huge cost (300+ points) for the 120-130 could easily help raise your vit to get to 100 with a job bonus or supplement your luck for additional attack/crit/etc.

I donno if I'd ever 130 a stat given how steep of a cost it is and I don't believe there is any gear that grants extra bonuses at 130 that it doesn't already at 120, minus incremental 'for every 10 base str' type of stuff and even then, IMO, not worth it.

Also, get a Thanatos Katar when you hit 120 -- even at +7 without FS enchants it's better ;D

Also, +1 to what Ashuckel said about BT > Krishna, but Thanatos > both BT and Krishna. 

Edited by mikayel, 25 March 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#28 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

your a newly GX level 99?

get Rolling cutter skill level 5 & New Research Poison level 10(EDP+30sec). (prioritize this, so you can solo Mid TI in level 110)  

avoid LUK stat if your a low level just reset stone to LUK if your satisfy in your level. 

there's no wasted stat points in my GX.

fullbuff_zpskepziwxm.png

EDIT:

yup i'm using RWH and Cards:HF & ED to leech massive SP&HP (95% skill & 5%normal attack: no crit) 

but im not using thanatos (I still doubt it) 

rooll2_zpshgru7ffz.png

Edited by Ward20th, 25 March 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#29 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

do katars gain double crit rate from just luk stat or item stats as well like sharp enchants and crit gear and kobold card?

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 25 March 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#30 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

do katars gain double crit rate from just luk stat or item stats as well like sharp enchants and crit gear and kobold card?

the crit you have you mutiply per 2, so, abrasive, sharp enchants, anything that gives you crit will be doubled by katars

#31 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

how does DD crit compare against katar crit in terms of DPS without mvp cards? assuming the mvp has the agi up buff that seems to give it so much flee.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 25 March 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#32 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

Agi based flee is irrelevant if you crit; DD crit is dependent on the idea that you can stack 100+ crit through stats, enchants, buffs, and items. You're asking for a huge comparison depending on which weapons people have access to. Chakram + AK or Aunoe card is probably the ideal so if you can get that, you can easily kill plenty of MVPs. You probably won't be able to kill Ifrit or burst 700k crits like a DD crit can, but then those numbers are sort of dependent on very important cards and/or the ice pick's effect.

@Ward20th -- m8 I disagree about not getting any luck, even if you plan to never crit ever, because every 3 luck = 1 atk which can be cheaper than getting a single point of STR depending on your stats. It also will give you HIT, matk, p-dodge, and of course crit... but the point is that if it costs you 9 points to raise STR by 1 and 3 points to raise LUCK by 1 you're better off getting 3 luck than 1 STR. There is a cap, and I wouldn't recommend going past 30 if you ONLY want it for ATK/MATK/HIT (and that's factoring in job bonuses, mind you.)

#33 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

Agi based flee is irrelevant if you crit; DD crit is dependent on the idea that you can stack 100+ crit through stats, enchants, buffs, and items. You're asking for a huge comparison depending on which weapons people have access to. Chakram + AK or Aunoe card is probably the ideal so if you can get that, you can easily kill plenty of MVPs. You probably won't be able to kill Ifrit or burst 700k crits like a DD crit can, but then those numbers are sort of dependent on very important cards and/or the ice pick's effect.

@Ward20th -- m8 I disagree about not getting any luck, even if you plan to never crit ever, because every 3 luck = 1 atk which can be cheaper than getting a single point of STR depending on your stats. It also will give you HIT, matk, p-dodge, and of course crit... but the point is that if it costs you 9 points to raise STR by 1 and 3 points to raise LUCK by 1 you're better off getting 3 luck than 1 STR. There is a cap, and I wouldn't recommend going past 30 if you ONLY want it for ATK/MATK/HIT (and that's factoring in job bonuses, mind you.)

so if i dont have access to mvp cards chakram would be the ideal mvp killing weapon?
im trying to build a versatile GX. one that can kill some decent mvps and can still mob with RC so i can do instances like OGH or FWN.
im thinking about the following builds on stats

these 2 stat builds will take advantage of temporal agi AD4 with bears power or lucky day with the later having more a bit more hit rate
100str
120agi
90vit
1int
60dex

-or-

100str
120agi
90vit
1int
80dex
100luk

-or this lol the low dex makes it not so versatile
ofcourse this one can use both temp luk and agi but im afraid ill see alot of misses with RC why this is no different from a full crit build.
90str
120agi
94vit
25dex
1int
120luk

ill probaby job change to assassin cross at joblevel42 since according to madhatter thats ideal for DD crit incase.
besides i dont see much of a benefit of anymore than 42 thief job levels anyways.
as for skill build this is what i have planned
http://irowiki.org/~...GS1cA1bslfeFcH1

im still new to the GX class so i still need alot of advice on both stat and skill build

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 26 March 2015 - 12:30 AM.

#34 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

If you want versatility then yeah, Katar's the way to go. I job changed at 42 but I maxed double-attack to be bale to get adv katar mastery and to... well double attack, as dd crit is a way distant future plan. 

Chakram + sin cuffs + either 2 aunoe (general purpose) or 2 AK (boss killing specifically). Mind you, the Chakram is for critting -- if you RC then you'd swap to either a Thanatos katar or whatever main attack katar you're using (glorious, bloodtears, inverse scale, etc.)

Edited by mikayel, 26 March 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#35 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

:heh: i have no other choice i need to loot (using STR). 700k zeny/30mins 

no wonder why I fail to kill this mammoth.

LUK02_zpsznhomypb.png

Edited by Ward20th, 26 March 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#36 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

your a newly GX level 99?

get Rolling cutter skill level 5 & New Research Poison level 10(EDP+30sec). (prioritize this, so you can solo Mid TI in level 110)  

avoid LUK stat if your a low level just reset stone to LUK if your satisfy in your level. 

there's no wasted stat points in my GX.

fullbuff_zpskepziwxm.png

EDIT:

yup i'm using RWH and Cards:HF & ED to leech massive SP&HP (95% skill & 5%normal attack: no crit) 

but im not using thanatos (I still doubt it) 

rooll2_zpshgru7ffz.png

what weapon are you using btw?

#37 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

just a

jur[3]HF card

Frozen icicle[3] HF card (200% dmg)depends on mobs property 

RBlaze katar[3]HF card (200% dmg)depends on mobs property

PWind katar[3]HF card (200% dmg) depends on mobs property

inver scale

EDIT:

that's why I still doubt thanatos beside [3]HF card +rwh can leech HP in 2 mobs

Edited by Ward20th, 26 March 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#38 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

just a

jur[3]HF card

inver scale

EDIT:

did you ever tried a 2 hunter fly carded weapon?

#39 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

not yet but I already try 3HF (only)... without RWH 

:heh:  kinda risk to play especially if you dont bring W-Potion. 

14% chance rate to leech is good than 9% chance. 

#40 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

Hm I don't like Speed of Light and I use BP even it activating only when I'm being attacked. Yes, another option (and the most expensive one) is Lucky Day.

when BP procs does the hp loss during its activation become a problem at later levels?
i know that fresh SinXes that just turned GX dont have much HP in the beginning. so i imagine that 500hp per sec can seem really draining.
also i like to know if thats an issue during early level.

#41 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

just a

jur[3]HF card

inver scale

EDIT:

wow that's a waste of slotted elemental katars/hf cards lol.  use elemental scrolls or alt a sage.

#42 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

when BP procs does the hp loss during its activation become a problem at later levels?
i know that fresh SinXes that just turned GX dont have much HP in the beginning. so i imagine that 500hp per sec can seem really draining.
also i like to know if thats an issue during early level.

It could be a problem at lower levels (talking about 100~120 range and heavy mobbing). At higher levels you won't even notice it. Also, for the love of all that is holy, carry some pots/hp restore items even if you use HF cards+RWH/Vana. Don't be that cheap. D:

#43 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

It could be a problem at lower levels (talking about 100~120 range and heavy mobbing). At higher levels you won't even notice it. Also, for the love of all that is holy, carry some pots/hp restore items even if you use HF cards+RWH/Vana. Don't be that cheap. D:

i do i switch between wph and rwh constantly. sometimes i just use fish in mouth or use rudolf if i want to save bottom slot for spare card.

#44 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:28 AM

With hp/sp leech gears, and enough damage, thats not a problem at all ever since lvl 100. I leveled my 3rd gx with my temp agi ad4 BP, the proc was much more helpfull than a struggle, the hp loss is definitelly not noticeable when u are in a mob, u can only see ur hp dropping if it procs when u just killed something, but even a lv100 gx should have at least 13k+hp, nothing to worry about.

#45 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

With hp/sp leech gears, and enough damage, thats not a problem at all ever since lvl 100. I leveled my 3rd gx with my temp agi ad4 BP, the proc was much more helpfull than a struggle, the hp loss is definitelly not noticeable when u are in a mob, u can only see ur hp dropping if it procs when u just killed something, but even a lv100 gx should have at least 13k+hp, nothing to worry about.

ill probably only have 1 base vit at lv100 so i dont think ill have 13k hp
my stats look like this at 99
90str
90agi
1vit
1int
60dex
1luk

#46 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Less str, more vit. Seriously, get at least 50 vit, more if you can.

#47 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:06 AM

you don't need anywhere near that much str at 99. you want to get that status immunity asap or you will get rocked when aoe leveling (one stun = likely death).

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

An optimal build for RC leveling is to have at 99:

90 agi
60~70 dex
60~70 str

50~70 vit

u can put some points into luk to get extra hit rate, since every 3 gives +1hit, do this when dex is too expensive

#49 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

does that reset npc reset skills only or both skill and stat?

if its skill only then ill have to cough up some reset stones.

#50 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

only skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users