What armor is good for tao? (for mvp) - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What armor is good for tao? (for mvp)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

Valk armor or Fire armor? any idea?

#2 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

probably valk XD

#3 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

probably valk XD

Thanks 

#4 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

Honestly I think the new anti magic armor from geffen magic tournament is very good. It gives 50D, 15MD and 7% HP boost at +9. For an RK/RG you are getting stun immune from 100V anyway. So it is 15MD + 7% HP boost against 5D + All stat+1 from Valk, I will definitely pick the first.

Also do you finally get the Tao? What is the most reliable source to get it?

#5 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

whoa how come i didnt notice this! i was too focused on geffen magic robe instead of anti magic suit  :p_laugh:

#6 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

Honestly I think the new anti magic armor from geffen magic tournament is very good. It gives 50D, 15MD and 7% HP boost at +9. For an RK/RG you are getting stun immune from 100V anyway. So it is 15MD + 7% HP boost against 5D + All stat+1 from Valk, I will definitely pick the first.

Also do you finally get the Tao? What is the most reliable source to get it?

but It's breakable, right? that's what I worry about. cuz I always solo. and It's not good when armor got broken down. ><" 

#7 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

I'm also going to agree with Valkyrian Armor, ain't nobody got time for broken armors when there's slaying to be done.

#8 Elixziyiel

Elixziyiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

Is there a Boitata armor here in iRO? If there was, isn't Boitata unbreakable?

#9 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:07 AM

Is there a Boitata armor here in iRO? If there was, isn't Boitata unbreakable?

Boitata is fragile and nope , they don't have one. We need to say goodbye to our Boitata Armors unless they throw and update for everybody else to get that

#10 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:44 AM

geffen magic robe is good too.

#11 Elixziyiel

Elixziyiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

Boitata is fragile and nope , they don't have one. We need to say goodbye to our Boitata Armors unless they throw and update for everybody else to get that

Noted. Thanks for the info. I'll try to dig more into this forums.  :p_smile:

#12 Elixziyiel

Elixziyiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

BTW, except for the god items, Valk equipment is the best equipment in iRO? I can't find a link or page of the item list that are available in iRO alone. Do you know of any? I'm trying to build a list early before the actual migration is done.  :p_smile:

#13 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

BTW, except for the god items, Valk equipment is the best equipment in iRO? I can't find a link or page of the item list that are available in iRO alone. Do you know of any? I'm trying to build a list early before the actual migration is done.  :p_smile:

There's a list but afaik , CMs are still awaiting from pRO management to send additional information to save some of the gears but most of them apart from the ones iRO already has won't carry over and that includes the favorite Midgard Serpent Hat and Aeon Shield.

#14 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

Valkyrian Armor is often suggested for two very good reasons:

* Indestructibility (doesn't break!).

* Can be worn by all transcendant classes, no level requirement.

The indestructibility means you don't need to have an alch friend coat you to keep MVPs or certain mobs from breaking your armor, having no level requirement and being wearable by all transcendant classes means everyone except for super novices and expanded classes can wear it.

To put it in a nutshell, Valkyrian Armor exhibits a high degree of versatility which is very appealing for using with high value cards. There are more specialized armor that are better than Valkyrian Armor in certain situations, but a Valkyrian Armor will very rarely disappoint you owing to its versatility.

The other Valkyrian equipment pieces aren't as illustrious though. The Valkyrian Manteau is formidable owing to its reflection or Perfect Dodge bonus depending on what class you wear it on, but lacks reductions compared to stuff like Niddhoggur's Garb (did I spell that right?) or HBP/FAW, and the Valkyrian Shoes is laughably irrelevant compared to Variant Shoes or the various Temporal Boots. The Valkyrian Helm is decent, but owing to how you go about getting it it's largely a status symbol.

#15 Elixziyiel

Elixziyiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

Valkyrian Armor is often suggested for two very good reasons:

* Indestructibility (doesn't break!).

* Can be worn by all transcendant classes, no level requirement.

The indestructibility means you don't need to have an alch friend coat you to keep MVPs or certain mobs from breaking your armor, having no level requirement and being wearable by all transcendant classes means everyone except for super novices and expanded classes can wear it.

To put it in a nutshell, Valkyrian Armor exhibits a high degree of versatility which is very appealing for using with high value cards. There are more specialized armor that are better than Valkyrian Armor in certain situations, but a Valkyrian Armor will very rarely disappoint you owing to its versatility.

The other Valkyrian equipment pieces aren't as illustrious though. The Valkyrian Manteau is formidable owing to its reflection or Perfect Dodge bonus depending on what class you wear it on, but lacks reductions compared to stuff like Niddhoggur's Garb (did I spell that right?) or HBP/FAW, and the Valkyrian Shoes is laughably irrelevant compared to Variant Shoes or the various Temporal Boots. The Valkyrian Helm is decent, but owing to how you go about getting it it's largely a status symbol.

Thank you for the information. I shall pass this to other people that I know who are also migrating in iRO.  :p_smile:

#16 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

I forgot to mention the Valkyrja's Shield. It is considered high tier thanks to its 20% elemental resistances to the fire, water, shadow, and undead elements which can prove to be vital for fighting high level mobs and MVPs.

Technically, the Valkyrja's Shield is not part of the Valkyrian equipment set, in fact the shield shares a set bonus with Odin's Blessing rather than the Valkyrian equipment pieces. Unfortunately, the Valkyrja's Shield has a level requirement of 65 and is not indestructible, so you will need an alch friend to coat you if there's a risk of something breaking your shield. On the other hand though, the Valkyrja's Shield can be worn by any class except novices.

You can find a quick rundown of some of the popular choices for equipment here on iROWiki: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Equipment

You will need to do more thorough research on your own if you need or want more specific information though.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 28 March 2015 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users