Community Report: March 25, 2015 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Community Report: March 25, 2015

38 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

Week 2: March 25, 2015

Hello!

At this point, we are continuing to discuss the classes and their skills, including problems and suggestions to make things better for everybody. Most who have volunteered for testing have been able to log in successfully and join in for some testing of content fixes and changes.

Updates to VCR program members:

• Miesprite added

Hot Topics & Known Issues

• Imoogi’s combat issue: Imoogi has been tested, but there were some major side-effects caused by the fix. We have suggested a different fix and will be checking it as soon as possible.

• Battle Tactics adjustment: We have run a few tests at this point. At the time this is posted we will be performing more intense tests regarding this skill.

Bug Report Summary

Reported issues are given one of the following categories:

• Critical - these are bugs that have game-breaking implications, interfere with gameplay or combat (especially PvP), or are exploitable.

• Moderate - these bugs present an annoyance to users, may confuse or frustrate players that don't understand them, but don't have a major impact on gameplay.

• Minor - these bugs are mostly visual issues or quirks; they don't actually have any substantial impact on gameplay but should probably be fixed anyway.

• Tweak - this is a suggested change to an existing part of the game that isn’t working right. Tweaks are lower priority than Minor, but are still evaluated by the development team.

For certain issues, we may ask members of the community (you!) to help us gather some information. These will be listed under “Needing More Information” with a description of what is being requested. Work will continue on the issue as normal, but will go faster and/or be more beneficial to everybody with your input.

Recently Reported

• [Critical] Assassin A Rank bug - more details added

• [Critical/Moderate] Skills Disappear from Hotkeys on login

• [Moderate] Robe Token Box only gives 1 token

• [Moderate] Refining Whetstone V does not give bonus attack

• [Moderate] Alters are only starting class with no Pandora weapon option

• [Moderate] Dungeon is Full error (with only a 5-person party)

• [Moderate] Elixir Packages require 5 empty bag slots even if the potions already have designated slots

• [Moderate] Unable to use skills after dungeon (if using a skill when exiting)

• [Moderate] Epic+ Anniversary Cards are missing the label

• [Moderate] Epic+ Anniversary Cards cannot be refined

• [Moderate] Sieges Menu Stuck

• [Minor] Hornbill Mount boost skill cooldown is wrong

• [Minor] Suggested Rename of Happy Hour Boxes for easier searching

• [Minor] Spawn Looking Back: Added Chaos portals, Dark Whisper Lower to Morroc, and Payon Forest to Maple Forest

• [Minor] Dye: Not an available color error

• [Minor] Meow Sedan’s boost is inconsistent with other mounts

• [Minor] Priest Cazar - equipment textures are not displaying correctly (white looks blocky at the edges)

• [Minor] Short flights reset the visual timer (not the actual) of buffs

• [Minor] Magic Attack hone polish cannot be used on armor, but does not state this in the description

• [Minor] Missing NPCs or NPC map icons (example: no Card Master NPC in Prontera, Mount NPC in Alberta has no map icon)

Needing More Information

• [Critical] Fall Damage issue was returned to us because it needs more information. We have re-submitted this, but would still appreciate more information. Any videos the community would be able to provide will be included to assist in the search for this issue’s root cause.

• [Minor] Spawn Looking Back: If you find more portals that do this, please let us know!

Recently Fixed

None this week - the development team was focusing on some larger issues.

#2 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

*eats bacon while waiting for the next major QQ in the forums after the dupe cards*

#3 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

The fateful day of BT "nerf" will come...!

Everyone, rush to the bunker!

#4 Olets

Olets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Try using skills with compelete set of equipments + max seeds so you would know the difference from each others class.

#5 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Try using skills with compelete set of equipments + max seeds so you would know the difference from each others class.

That's exactly what we do. We do raw gear tests, average gear/refine/rune tests, and then max gear/refine/rune tests (which shouldn't even be attainable on the live server). So rest assured we're covering all. As Njoror said on the post, this is not a nerf, it's a needed adjustment, swordsman classes will still be prefectly playable PvE and PvP wise.

#6 Olets

Olets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

That's exactly what we do. We do raw gear tests, average gear/refine/rune tests, and then max gear/refine/rune tests (which shouldn't even be attainable on the live server). So rest assured we're covering all. As Njoror said on the post, this is not a nerf, it's a needed adjustment, swordsman classes will still be prefectly playable PvE and PvP wise.

Aright. I heard some say they removed INT on BT? then changed it to 100% crit dmg on the next 3 atks? If this is true, Please give us tons of honing scrubs + Runeremovers.

Im just informing you that we invested much on the int hones and bind runes. I myself spent morethan 500+ honing scrubs to get the best hone possible so please do help us if the adjustment removes the INT on BT.

#7 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

Aright. I heard some say they removed INT on BT? then changed it to 100% crit dmg on the next 3 atks? If this is true, Please give us tons of honing scrubs + Runeremovers.

Im just informing you that we invested much on the int hones and bind runes. I myself spent morethan 500+ honing scrubs to get the best hone possible so please do help us if the adjustment removes the INT on BT.

Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert!

My body is ready.  :rice:

Edited by HokaHoka, 26 March 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#8 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Allow me to add something here.  :p_smile:

Bug:
1) Some of the Sorcerer's healing skills can be bug when the healing target disappear within the casting period (target disconnected, logout, warp to other place, exit dungeon). After that, the sorcerer will be stuck in his casting animation and cannot use any skills.

Request:
1) Add Repair Expert on Dayr Desert (Condor area, Muca area).

2) Add short range Kafra Flying Service on Dayr Desert (as suggested before).

Edit-1, add another bug:

I'm also wondering about the issue where some heal pets like Lapparman (I don't remember which other pet's also having this issue) doing only 2 heals instead of 3 heals like Willow Worker due to the animation issue (disappearing before it has the chance to finish the last heal cast), I don't see any mention of this bug on the patch note or community report, there have been discussion on this subject before in the bug report forum but never got any answer from CM.

Edited by Saturn33, 26 March 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#9 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

Come to think of it I have another version of bug similar to what Sat posted.

I call it the Holy Light bug. I'm a big fan of lvl 10 HL so I use it often. I'll be stuck in an awkward casting pose whenever I want to punish an almost-dead monster but someone finishes it before the casting's done. I remedy it by re-logging. The bug is pesky.

#10 Chidorie

Chidorie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

That's exactly what we do. We do raw gear tests, average gear/refine/rune tests, and then max gear/refine/rune tests (which shouldn't even be attainable on the live server). So rest assured we're covering all. As Njoror said on the post, this is not a nerf, it's a needed adjustment, swordsman classes will still be prefectly playable PvE and PvP wise.

Uh... On our server IdRO, max seeds are quite easy to obtain as long you're willing to pay the right price

#11 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

@Saturn88

Lapparman bug was reported before we started doing these reports so we got ya covered!  :)

The Sorc+Holy Light bug, is in our "need info" category. If anyone has videos of it, please pass it along! 

#12 ro2lots1

ro2lots1

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

when will comat bug will be fixed? I've been dying everyday to use mount on daily quest to musphel which we can easily fall for it.It is also break FP raiding farm when combat bug prevent us to resurrect friends with combat bug always occur. 

My firend and I request for a flying kafra transport to somewhere near to entrance of porgotten payon (well) as we visit it everyday for quest. Or better yet to include FP in long range transportation service.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by ro2lots1, 26 March 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#13 eishiro2na

eishiro2na

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

so we will still be able to see 100k instant damage from Shield Boomerang and Shield Cannon then..

#14 Olets

Olets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

so we will still be able to see 100k instant damage from Shield Boomerang and Shield Cannon then..

Ofcrouse if that player doesnt have good eqs then he will surely receive that amount of damage coming from a well geared player.

Edited by Olets, 26 March 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#15 Chidorie

Chidorie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

Ofcrouse if that player doesnt have good eqs then he will surely receive that amount of damage coming from a well geared player.

have ever tried geared yourself with all +20 latest set of armor? and insert Blueseed 35% on each of that equipment, having latest right title and LCM left title, buffed yourself with graham potion and nomic and collector statue buff... stepped inside pvp map and BAM!!  died from 80k++ damage?? from a mere shield boomerang skill... (which supposed to be a crowd control skil, not an ulti)

I'm a Priest, my hp reached 78k with abovesaid buffs and still...

Edited by Chidorie, 27 March 2015 - 01:41 AM.

#16 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Is the output of BT overhaul meant to be kept as a secret? If it is how come there is a rumor floating about it becoming an active buff? :omg: 

I heard it from someone in-game. I don't mind if the people out there but me know it but sheez I hate secrets!  :p_cry:

#17 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

Serial killers in WOE are priests and assassins, not warriors. I think it's great that Gravity decides to change BT so that there are no more 250k crits in pvp and I am also looking forward to something been done to those 2 classes. If not, a guild with 49% priests and 49% assassins plus a couple of bears to tank the guardians and one SM to put cure on them is all it needs to win WOE.

#18 eishiro2na

eishiro2na

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:06 AM

Serial killers in WOE are priests and assassins, not warriors. I think it's great that Gravity decides to change BT so that there are no more 250k crits in pvp and I am also looking forward to something been done to those 2 classes. If not, a guild with 49% priests and 49% assassins plus a couple of bears to tank the guardians and one SM to put cure on them is all it needs to win WOE.

yeah Priest, Assassin, Swordman especially KNIGHT.

#19 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

@Saturn88

Lapparman bug was reported before we started doing these reports so we got ya covered!   :)

The Sorc+Holy Light bug, is in our "need info" category. If anyone has videos of it, please pass it along! 

Here is vid with Healing Wave animation stuck

tried to do same with Holy Light but so hard to reproduce x_x

seems it bugging due network\computer lag or something

#20 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:38 AM

Kuroikoneko, the video's hilarious!

About HL "bug", have you tested it under the correct circumstances?

You should attack an almost-dead monster (kinda like it has 300 more HP left) but after the Light is ready (the casting bar's finished) someone finishes it off.

#21 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

Is the output of BT overhaul meant to be kept as a secret? If it is how come there is a rumor floating about it becoming an active buff? :omg:

I heard it from someone in-game. I don't mind if the people out there but me know it but sheez I hate secrets!  :p_cry:

The reason things are kept 'secret' right now is just as we've been saying all this time: It's not finalized yet. There's no point in spreading senseless rumours of what "might" be coming yet when we don't even know what it'll look like in the end. It's always a risk when you buy into the rumours, but what we want to avoid is unnecessary panic over something that might not even be implemented.

Here's all that you need to know: We have been given a build to test, so we're testing it. We are actively providing feedback on what we do and don't like, how we think it'll affect the community, and so on. Then developers will take our feedback in and make the adjustments we think are necessary and come back with another build to test, and so on and so forth until we're closer to something that's acceptable. A good example of the process is the Imoogi change the devs gave us to test. We tested it, felt the build was not the solution, and we sent back our feedback with an alternate suggestion in mind. When the public gets them, they might think "oh, it's such a simple solution, why did it take so long?", but what few people actually consider is that we've been testing a number of ideas, and the first ideas aren't always the best ones. Sometimes the first solution IS the best, and that would be great, but other times, it takes several iterations which becomes time-consuming. Balancing is a process, there's no magic button to press to make it happen instantly.

A common thing I'm hearing from nay-sayers is that they'll be left in an unplayable state. We have absolutely no intention of letting this happen, obviously. 

#22 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

"Then developers will take our feedback in and make the adjustments they think are necessary" I think this minor correction would be closer to the truth.  :hmm: 

yeah Priest, Assassin, Swordman especially KNIGHT.

And let's not forget monks.

#23 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

About Lapparman, has anyone ever considered that the pet is working as intended? Just because it's akward and unexpected to not have that final burst in the end and RO2 is repleted with bugs doesn't necessarily means the pet isn't working as it was designed to.

I see Lapparman as a total hermaprodite guy (or girl, whichever suits better) and if you look at it knowing this, it makes somehow sense the last burst to not happen and the pet fade away in silence instead. Just my opinion on it, we never know what's inside devs head until they speak about it.

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 27 March 2015 - 01:25 PM.

#24 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

About the Battle Tactic issue,
Isn't it better if they just reduce the HIT rate of the skill itself?
Yeah, they can have their ridiculously insane Rage Strike / Shield Boomerang damage.
But at the cost of.. Let's say.. Maybe only 30% or 50% Hit chance? (Only works in PvP)
So they can choose.
Full AGI bind rune = More HIT rate, less INT, acceptable damage
Full INT bind rune = Insane damage, miss a lot

Just sayin'...
(Got this idea from RO1, Knight's Skill Bash +50 Hit, while Baphomet Card will give splash effect yet -20% Hit or something, CMIIW)

#25 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

About the Battle Tactic issue,
Isn't it better if they just reduce the HIT rate of the skill itself?
Yeah, they can have their ridiculously insane Rage Strike / Shield Boomerang damage.
But at the cost of.. Let's say.. Maybe only 30% or 50% Hit chance? (Only works in PvP)
So they can choose.
Full AGI bind rune = More HIT rate, less INT, acceptable damage
Full INT bind rune = Insane damage, miss a lot

Just sayin'...
(Got this idea from RO1, Knight's Skill Bash +50 Hit, while Baphomet Card will give splash effect yet -20% Hit or something, CMIIW)

Please NOOOOOO battle tactis is already a skill of luck if you crit you have insane damage if you not crit your damage is simply ridicolous, we space from a hit of 100k (only top players), to a hit of 3k, a critical rate of about 30% make me feel like every duel is like opening a costume box! Without BT knights have the worst damage, with BT knights have the best damage IF crit. There are classes here that can 1shot everyone without crit, so why are you focused so much on BT? I agree that is too op (and i already proved this happened because we have lazy developers), but in the total damage per minute we are the worst ones or one of the worst class. I hope the various tests vcr are doing are really good because a chance on BT can be good for pvp but really bad for pve PLEASE don't make us go back at the time we weren't able to keep the aggro in pve also with aura armor's 300% treath generator.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users