How does ice pick really work in renewal? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How does ice pick really work in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

My GX is a katar crit/DD double attack build (I switch depending on what I'm fighting, katar crit on low-mid def/high flee mvps and DD on high def/non-agi-up mvps) and I normally use an Ice pick[AK] on my off-hand when I'm using DD. I've been wanting to use daggers more lately just because you know.......they're fun :P but I've been in a dilemma about when to use katar or daggers with the ice pick.

So my question is how does the ice pick really work in renewal? The iRO wiki says that it only adds damage based on hard def now and it also no longer pierces defence. What is a monster's hard def? Does it have anything to do with their vit? iRO DB lists def as A+B (which one is the hard def? lol) and divine-pride just lists def as one number (same with using sense, is that soft, hard, or total def?) and finally, what number of def is considered "high enough" for the ice pick to do good damage on?

I've been using katars wayyyy longer than daggers so I'm pretty clueless about this lol

Edited by iZap, 28 March 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#2 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

I believe it does still pierce defense, though I am not certain of how high it has to be to matter. Though I do know that in OGH, it's worth using Ice Pick for Corrupt Root, but not for Amdarais 

#3 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

ice pick makes your attack ignores defence, and adds monster hard def/2 to your equipment attack. A+B usually A = soft defence, direct subtration. B = hard defence, it has a formula for the reduction. hard defence is normally from equipments, soft defence is the one from vit. sense just list monster hard defence. if you want to use dagger, better to have drake card, because 50% penalty is pretty big, and you doens't get %atk bonus from mastery like katar.

i'd say 300+ hard defence is good enough to use ice pick. (you gain 39% more attack from defence ignoring part, and 600+ equipment attack)

#4 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

ice pick makes your attack ignores defence, and adds monster hard def/2 to your equipment attack. A+B usually A = soft defence, direct subtration. B = hard defence, it has a formula for the reduction. hard defence is normally from equipments, soft defence is the one from vit. sense just list monster hard defence. if you want to use dagger, better to have drake card, because 50% penalty is pretty big, and you doens't get %atk bonus from mastery like katar.

i'd say 300+ hard defence is good enough to use ice pick. (you gain 39% more attack from defence ignoring part, and 600+ equipment attack)

Thanks! That cleared things up a bit. Can't afford drake yet unfortunately, I've been making up for it with weapon perfection whenever I can.

I believe it does still pierce defense, though I am not certain of how high it has to be to matter. Though I do know that in OGH, it's worth using Ice Pick for Corrupt Root, but not for Amdarais 

hmm I just started using daggers on Corrupted Root a few runs ago and it worked out pretty well like you said, I can use that one as a bench mark I guess. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users