Missing heaps when attacking to angra mantis - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Missing heaps when attacking to angra mantis

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has an Idea why I continue missing angra mantis whenever I attack them... is too fast for me or my dex is too low? my current stats are as follows

Str   105+17

Agi   93+16

Vit    82+24

Int    3+12

Dex  58+12

Luk  14+7

my original idea was to build my GX for "rolling Cutter/Cross ripper slasher katars". any suggestions?

#2 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

You need huge amounts of hit to 100% hit them. 499 to be exact. Fire endow and take em out one by one. Or Hawkeye temporal boots if you wanna go that route and RC em.

#3 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

What's your lvl? angra mantises are kinda hard to hit especially below lvl 140'ish (cant remember exactly). you need a high'ish hit rate, equal or higher lvl than the angra mantises and they also use guard. you'll stop missing eventually once you're at a higher level

Edited by iZap, 28 March 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

you need 500 hit to hit him

#5 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

Based on OP stats, he is level 128.

His hit rate would be, if not counting any hit gear, and including his stat buffs, 380.

Hit rate = (175 + base level + dex + [luk/3])

As others have posted, angra mantis needs 499 hit for 100% chance hit.

For every 1 hit missing from 499, is 1% chance lost.

So 498 hit would equal 99% hit rate, 497 hit would equal 98% hit rate.

Angra mantis (499) minus You (380) equals 119 hit missing for 100%.

Since there is a floor of 5% hit rate. You current only have a 5% chance to attack those angra mantis.

Stat wise you went a little too heavy and too early on str. You should have invested more into vit/dex. Personally, i would get 90 str(HBP/RT bonuses) then stop, and pumped vit to 90+, dex to 70 and maybe luck to 30.

To make up that 119 difference, I would suggest, FS enchanted gear, dual FS mummy drill katar, and RT.

dual FS mummy drill katar = 60 hit

dual RT = 20 hit

WCP = 5 hit

triple FS FAW = 15 hit

triple FS nab = 6 to 10+ hit

ancient shadow armor = 10 hit (20 hit if +7)

This set up would net you 116 to 130 hit, which would be enough to attack angra mantis.

when i just started high ti, as a low level gx solo, i used drill katar on high hit mobs like parus, etc, until i was high enuff level to smack them around without it. Damage is doable, as long as you use convertors and edp.

RvNE5aD.jpg?1

#6 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

I always use 2 rogue treasure when fighting angra mantis. Even with around 475 hit I still miss on occasion.

#7 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

Thanks for the info... I didn't know that HIT was the responsible in this situation. As per my level hmc317 is absolutely right I'm currently lvl 128. Regarding the stats...I noticed that I had missed to give points to dex and vit and in the last 10 lvls I started to give them exclusively points to these two but I'm still a bit far away from proper stats.

Based on OP stats, he is level 128.
His hit rate would be, if not counting any hit gear, and including his stat buffs, 380.
Hit rate = (175 + base level + dex + [luk/3])
As others have posted, angra mantis needs 499 hit for 100% chance hit.
For every 1 hit missing from 499, is 1% chance lost.
So 498 hit would equal 99% hit rate, 497 hit would equal 98% hit rate.
Angra mantis (499) minus You (380) equals 119 hit missing for 100%.
Since there is a floor of 5% hit rate. You current only have a 5% chance to attack those angra mantis.

Stat wise you went a little too heavy and too early on str. You should have invested more into vit/dex. Personally, i would get 90 str(HBP/RT bonuses) then stop, and pumped vit to 90+, dex to 70 and maybe luck to 30.

To make up that 119 difference, I would suggest, FS enchanted gear, dual FS mummy drill katar, and RT.

dual FS mummy drill katar = 60 hit
dual RT = 20 hit
WCP = 5 hit
triple FS FAW = 15 hit
triple FS nab = 6 to 10+ hit
ancient shadow armor = 10 hit (20 hit if +7)

This set up would net you 116 to 130 hit, which would be enough to attack angra mantis.

when i just started high ti, as a low level gx solo, i used drill katar on high hit mobs like parus, etc, until i was high enuff level to smack them around without it. Damage is doable, as long as you use convertors and edp.

RvNE5aD.jpg?1

Thanks for such a detailed explanation, I will see what I can do with the gears to improve my HIT.

Cheers and thanks everyone

Edited by Zeusterae, 29 March 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#8 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Items like Buche Del Nuel (+3 hit) and Shwartzwald Pine Jubilee (+10 hit) are also things you can use to put you over the threshold.

The Pine Jubilee is very easy to make and lasts 10 minutes.

Likewise, as said before, stuff like rogue's treasure or dex/fs enchanted RWC ring is good too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users