Newbie and Returnee - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie and Returnee

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 lotz25

lotz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:03 AM

Good Day! I was wondering how to make a living here in IRO, like where are the leveling spots, how do i earn zeny, and what are the items that are in-demand in the market? I've read lots of topics(the pinned topics) regarding zeny making and leveling spots here in this forum, various ways and techniques were suggested in this topics but are they still "used" today because most of them seemed outdated?

I Would want this post if possible  to be helpful to players  especially those that came from Philippine RO like myself. In fact I'm already playing IRO for a week or 2 now but not regularly as I'm still having difficulties in the way of living here. I took my time composing this topic stated my concerns as sincere as I can so whenever you find my post containing some unnecessary contents then pls feel free to reprimand me :)  

#2 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:51 AM

Once I started to play the game, I immediately bought VIP package + 1500 WPE bonus then bought 10 pcs o'reily box from cash shop. Sold what I got from the box except the fencer scroll. Used fencer scrolls for levelling until I went 99.

#3 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:58 AM

I always suggest selling magical stones to new players. This allows you to level and earn zeny at the same time.

Once you are level 70, you can accept 2 kill count quests from a NPC called gramps in Eden group (behind the desk in Eden). If you are VIP you can do both at the same time, non-VIP can do one quest at a time.

Once you finish, talk to gramps for your reward. You'll get reward exp, a little zeny, and a currency called Eden merit badge (EMB). VIP gets 2 EMB per quest and non VIP gets one per quest.

Once you have 8 EMB, talk to the redeemer NPC, in Eden group, in the south west corner of the room (a girl sitting on the ground).

You can exchange 8 EMB for 1 magical stone, and lots of other goodies. You can sell that magical stone for 5m or so.

If you just want for farm for the sake of farming. Strawberries and poison spore are almost always in high demand.

Good luck and welcome!

#4 ForensicPharmacy

ForensicPharmacy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Locationwhere the corpse spawn.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

Item price:

http://ragial.com/

(tip: purchase to the kafran shop some items (in-game shop) to have quick zeny). 

Leveling spot???

are you rush in playing games or afraid to waste time?

Come on,  where's the excitement of being a noob?  :pif:

#5 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:44 AM

Leveling spots I can help you out with, but money, well, that's not an easy information to give you. Any "sell x item to earn money" tip has an expiration date attached to it as soon as it goes up on the forums. People tend to flock to them immediately. That's why you probably feel those very tips are outdated, so keep that in mind. Generally, it's far easier to sell consumables and quest related items than gears. There are exceptions to that like "go-to weapons" such as Carga mace, Big Crossbow, Hurricane Fury,  and so on which are guaranteed sell. Also, it's profitable to sell certain Pet eggs such as Incubus, Succubus, Loli Ruri, Imp, Whisper, Marionette, and Tikibalang so if you ever get tames for them, it's worth your time to try capturing them. If you're card hunting, try to go for those not available on OCA or MCA, because OCAs are flooded in the market. iRO has many unique NPCs who trade fairly useless item into fairly marketable items. You should become familiar with NPCs like Ben Recycle, Grandma Boxter, Eat Gear, and Merry Badger.

For early levels, I think it's market-safe to gather consumables. I will list every marketable consumable items that I can think of, feel free to cross-reference your loot with Ctrl+F and your loot name in this thread. They include leveling aides like Sticky Webfoot, Maneater Blossom, Huge Leaf, Fine Sand, Blank Card, High Efficiency Battle Manual, Battle Manual x3, Job Manual, Mercenary Scroll 10(this is a cash item and can only be sold to those with buy shops), Amulets, Bloody Branches, and Dead Branches, Hairstyle and dye items like Detrimindexta, Counteragent, Mixture, Daenggie, Short Daenggie, Black Hair, Glossy Hair, and Golden Hair, upgrade related items such as Eluniums, Oridecons(combined from Rough versions), Enriched Eluniums and Oridecons, Rough/Pure Energy Crystals, Sea God's Anger, and Safe to X Certifications, SP-recovery items such as Declicious Jelly, Iris, Mora Mandarin, Red Prickly Fruit, Strawberries, Unripe Yggs, Ygg seed and Ygg Berries, Speed items such as Enrich Celermine Juice, Guarana Candy, and Speed Potions, potting mats(but not pots themselves because herbs make more money)-such as White / Blue Herb, and Immortal Heart, Mora daily quest items like Insect Feeler, Skel-Bone, Orcish Voucher, and Scale Shell, Sage consumables like Red / Yellow Gemstones, Crystal Blue, Red Blood, Wind of Verture, Fire/Water/Wind Elemental Converter, and Scorpion Tail, Rainbow Shell, and Snail Shells, and general WoE consumables like WoE White/Blue/Violet, Glistening Coat(and its key material Heart of Mermaid), Alcohol, Bottle Grenade, Acid Bottle and its materials Poison Spore, Fabric, Stem, and Immortal Heart, Rune materials like Light Granule, Mystic Rough Runestones, Round Shells and Destroyed Armor, Poison Bottles and its materials like Venom Canine, Cactus Needles, Bee Stings, and Karvodailnirol.

You may also test your luck at enchantment to make your gear valuable, there are various enchant NPCs like Prontera Apprentice Craftsman, Eden Dark Luhir, Eden RWC Enchanter, Malangdo Mayomayo, Lighthalzen Sewer Sorcerer, and Glast Heim Hugin enchants are worthwhile.

Also you may turn your gear a costume version of it from NPCs Alora, Expert Palt, Designer Heidam, Aver De Dosh and Lace La Zard, Mora Artifact Crafter. Some of these are enchantable to stack stats onto the gears, or have special perks such as extra exp earned. These NPCs require some items which are usually not tradable except for "Attack/mATK/Aspd/Vitality/Heal/SP/HP/Power/Intelligent/Dexterity/Lucky/Critical/HealSkil/Small/Medium/ Stones" which are converted from the said Malangdo costume gears.

One suggestion I see commonly in these types of thread is to get Reset Stones(also known as Magical Stones) converted from Eden Merit Badges. This is a sound advise, BUT! don't buy them from cash shop as there are plenty of ways to make those from scratch. It's a steady sell, but it's an item that will never go up in price unless something crazy is happening with updates that prevent players to earn EMBs. In fact, I remember when Magical Stones used to go upwards 10 mil a pop and OCAs used to go 15 mil a pop. Marriage Covenant and Neuralizers went from 60-70 mil at one point to sub 50 mil zenny in price. These items have steadily declined in price in time, even though there are always needs for them. That's the kinda risk you run when taking advise from these threads.

Now, as far as leveling goes, we have something called the Bounty Boards, usually located nearby tool shops of cities. These are fairly reliable to do until max level. They are used in conjunction to monthly spotlight events which will enhance a set of monsters of certain regions. I feel that the actual monsters to kill depend on playstyles and builds, so I'll leave that to you, since my playstyle isn't exactly orthodox. One popular trick is to crack open Battle or Job Manuals right before turning in quests, as they work for the vast majority of quests in the game. When using something valuable like BMx3, I personally leave one last step to a lot of quests undone, and just warp around finish them after opening the manuals as opposed to hunting monsters. There are times when just grinding monsters on manuals is a good idea such as when you get in on a good party, but the rest of the times, I think it's better to use just to amplify quest rewards. The best time to do story related quests are levels 70-110, any lower levels than that you'd be wasting the quest reward exp, and any higher than that, the rewards are negligible. Here is another post I made in regards to quests. Additionally, since then, we've also had the update for of Sara's Memory daily quest in the New World(Dimensional Space), as well as Eclaige dailies which are all good money and exp.

TLDR; be quick on your feet and constantly survey what max level are hunting for to make money, watch out for newbie traps, and utilize the unique content of this server to get far.

#6 lotz25

lotz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

Thank You good sirs for your answers! I still have lots of questions though but I guess I'll  leave them for next time. Again thank you all and good day!

P.S. I noticed in some of the answers here suggesting Reset Stones(Magic Stones) are there other ways to get them other than purchasing them in the cash shop?

Edited by lotz25, 29 March 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#7 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

P.S. I noticed in some of the answers here suggesting Reset Stones(Magic Stones) are there other ways to get them other than purchasing them in the cash shop?

Quests like Kiel Hyre, Amatsu Blue Harvest, Bounty Boards, Gramps Turn-In reward the Eden Merit Badges which then can be exchanged into various things to include Magical Stones. You may also exchange them from Old Purple Boxes that you get from MVP hunting.

#8 lotz25

lotz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

Quests like Kiel Hyre, Amatsu Blue Harvest, Bounty Boards, Gramps Turn-In reward the Eden Merit Badges which then can be exchanged into various things to include Magical Stones. You may also exchange them from Old Purple Boxes that you get from MVP hunting.

Are the quests mentioned above repeatable or one time only? Btw thanks again for the response.

#9 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Quests like Kiel-Hyre, Amatsu Blue Harvest and other quest in RO are not repeatable.

For repeatable quests, the Bounty Boards system, Eden Bounty Boards, Gramps Turn-in system, Eden Crystal Synthesis quest, Old Glastheim Quests, Mora Daily Quests, Port Malaya Daily Quests, Endless Tower, Faceworm quests, Sarah's memories are example of quests that have cooldowns on them. If a quest has a cooldown timer , it is repeatable in a fix duration. I.E. Endless Tower's cool down is 7 days while Mora daily quest is around 22-24hrs. If a quest doesn't have a cool down timer, then  it is not repeatable.

However, if you have encountered quest that has cool downs or timers on them that requires you to wait and comeback for the set time, that doesn't mean it is a repeatable quest. The Sign quest, for example, has some parts that requires you to wait for an "x" amount of time. This doesn't mean The Sign Quest is repeatable it's a one-time only quest.

I hope these clarifies your question. If it doesn't, you may wait for the other lurkers around here to give you more details.

#10 lotz25

lotz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Quests like Kiel-Hyre, Amatsu Blue Harvest and other quest in RO are not repeatable.

For repeatable quests, the Bounty Boards system, Eden Bounty Boards, Gramps Turn-in system, Eden Crystal Synthesis quest, Old Glastheim Quests, Mora Daily Quests, Port Malaya Daily Quests, Endless Tower, Faceworm quests, Sarah's memories are example of quests that have cooldowns on them. If a quest has a cooldown timer , it is repeatable in a fix duration. I.E. Endless Tower's cool down is 7 days while Mora daily quest is around 22-24hrs. If a quest doesn't have a cool down timer, then it is not repeatable.

However, if you have encountered quest that has cool downs or timers on them that requires you to wait and comeback for the set time, that doesn't mean it is a repeatable quest. The Sign quest, for example, has some parts that requires you to wait for an "x" amount of time. This doesn't mean The Sign Quest is repeatable it's a one-time only quest.

I hope these clarifies your question. If it doesn't, you may wait for the other lurkers around here to give you more details.

Well figures, repeatble quests just to gain reset stone(magic stone) are non existent?., and here I thought I could avoid purchasing credits and stuff just to get these stones? guess it was a naive idea after all. Anyways thank you for your answer and good day!

#11 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Well figures, repeatble quests just to gain reset stone(magic stone) are non existent?., and here I thought I could avoid purchasing credits and stuff just to get these stones? guess it was a naive idea after all. Anyways thank you for your answer and good day!

Gramps TI is repeatable quest with a 23-hour cooldown period. He gives Eden Merit badges that you can exchange for Reset Stones. Same with the town bounty boards. If you hunt all of them, you get Eden Merit Badges, too :)

#12 lotz25

lotz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Really?! So there is one repeatable quest for magic stones it's long wait though. Thank you for the important information and good day! :)

#13 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Really?! So there is one repeatable quest for magic stones it's long wait though. Thank you for the important information and good day! :)

8 Eden Merit Badges=1 Stone

1 Fully Completed Board=1 Eden Merit Badge

1 Gramps Turn-in=2 Eden Merit Badges

Best of luck~ :D

#14 lotz25

lotz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

8 Eden Merit Badges=1 Stone

1 Fully Completed Board=1 Eden Merit Badge

1 Gramps Turn-in=2 Eden Merit Badges

Best of luck~ :D

Wow real thanks for these information but how do I convert the Eden Merit badges, don't know where to check how many merit badges I have and where to convert them?

#15 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:38 AM

When you turn in, the badges turn up in your inventory and you can also store them in Kafra Storage. :) As for conversion, you can talk to Merry Badger in Eden. She's in the first floor, close to the wall on the left side~

#16 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:28 AM

You know, Reset Stones and such are good for earning some money for basic gears and stuff, but what about when you need 100s of millions of zeny to buy FAWs and enchants and stuff? I've had my eye on the DD Crit GX build, but it seems prohibitively expensive unless you have a steady zeny source or dealing in lots of cash shop stuff or WPE. Which leaves MVP and mini cards, but good luck with that.

#17 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

You know, Reset Stones and such are good for earning some money for basic gears and stuff, but what about when you need 100s of millions of zeny to buy FAWs and enchants and stuff? I've had my eye on the DD Crit GX build, but it seems prohibitively expensive unless you have a steady zeny source or dealing in lots of cash shop stuff or WPE. Which leaves MVP and mini cards, but good luck with that.

I'm giving you this advise even though doing so will cut on my own profit. A GX can do instances and guild dungeons for money from low 100s and on as a GX. GX is top 3 instance clearer, if not the best. Start from Hazy Forest along with mora dailies so you can earn the mora coins and OCAs. The Octupus cave and Ghost Palace too. Then at 130+ you can do Nidhoggur and ET and 140+ the old glast heim, faceworm, Malando culvert, port Malaya instances. You get the point. Guillotine Cross is not a class with money issues.

#18 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, some of that was touched on in this guide here. I wasn't really looking for specifics though, more general advice on how people get so much cash for stuff because relying on rare drops seemed horribly inefficient and RNG-dependent.

#19 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

It's gonna require SOME work, man. It would not a good game if someone who played for 10 years is on the same footing as someone who played for 10 days. Still, it's probability and that will catch up to you for doing it long enough. That said, there are plenty ways to get you started. A lot of guilds have loyalty based program where you get paid for participation in their guild functions. When you're properly geared, you can sit in Alberta near the ET entrance, and get recruited for people going. Making duo linkers take literally one day, thanks to Janeway! Warpportal sponsors VIPs to anyone with twitch and youtube who broadcast their gameplay regularly. You can win prizes for drawing nifty loading screens and getting your work selected. There are plenty of events, especially in Renewal Chaos server, where you can score a bunch of prizes.

#20 Kunthiwati

Kunthiwati

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

dear seaechiowai is it possible to solo kiel hyrie quest?

because apparently nobody is taking that quest when i am online :(

or can i bring someone who isnt taking the quest to final battle against kiel?

#21 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

You can bring your friends to finish the quest. The easiest way to finish the quest Kiel off is to have someone spam safety wall on you from back while you attack.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:10 AM

dear seaechiowai is it possible to solo kiel hyrie quest?
because apparently nobody is taking that quest when i am online :(
or can i bring someone who isnt taking the quest to final battle against kiel?

anything is soloable if you are high level enough. you can bring friends, but they need to have gotten up to a certain step in the quest in order to come along. the full details should be in the irowiki guide.

#23 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

You can bring your friends to finish the quest. The easiest way to finish the quest Kiel off is to have someone spam safety wall on you from back while you attack.

I did Kiel Hyre quest solo when my RG was still around level 90ish. I wasn't able to kill Kiel, he killed me. xD But when I returned to the room, Kiel was already beaten by the quest NPCs and I proceeded to get the rewards. So beating Kiel isn't necessary at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users