Returning Sniper from years ago need help - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Sniper from years ago need help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arazi

Arazi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

Well, I posted a few days ago but returning and the differences between RO1 and RO2, etc.

I decided I'll just return with my old characters to the renewal server, can anyone point me in the right direction concerning gears(cheap decent), ranger builds, leveling spots and maybe even a guild?

I essentially have no gears, with the exception of older kafra shop items, and I probably only have around 2mil zeny, but going thru my bank I have still have alot of battle manuals and things, and I assume I could sell those for some quick cash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tray

#2 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

a good start is to start building towards a Arrow Storm build to ease leveling with parties. i dont know if you have looked into the builds yet but its one of the best AoE in the game for PvM so it makes leveling easier than the other builds.

Stats: you want decent sp, decent cast time, and good dex/atk/ranged dmg, vit/survivability. so your stats and gears should reflect this i'll let you get creative with that info.

Gear Suggestions: all you NEED is White Wing set which is 4 pieces of equipment that has a set bonus that increases AS damage. (White Wing Suit,Manteau,Brooch,Boots). For a weapon Elven bow is a good start just use Elven Arrows and endows. Later people prefer +12 Big Crossbow but its quite pricey. the rest is personal preference. For leveling i like to use +9 RideWord Hat or Vanagard Helm for my headgear. Another good choice is +9 Autumn Headband but it has gotten quite pricey since its release and i wouldn't rely on that since the effects "might?" change

Edit: as for leveling spots gramps daily quest is good but you should also check out the board quests around the towns if you get bored of gramps.

here is a list of them

http://irowiki.org/w...Quests#Overview

i can't really tell you which are the best spots or quests to take because i haven't leveled a character since they got released.

As for Guilds you are more than welcome to join mine :thumb2:

Edited by Kupo54, 29 March 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#3 Snapback

Snapback

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

a good start is to start building towards a Arrow Storm build to ease leveling with parties. i dont know if you have looked into the builds yet but its one of the best AoE in the game for PvM so it makes leveling easier than the other builds.

Stats: you want decent sp, decent cast time, and good dex/atk/ranged dmg, vit/survivability. so your stats and gears should reflect this i'll let you get creative with that info.

Gear Suggestions: all you NEED is White Wing set which is 4 pieces of equipment that has a set bonus that increases AS damage. (White Wing Suit,Manteau,Brooch,Boots). For a weapon Elven bow is a good start just use Elven Arrows and endows. Later people prefer +12 Big Crossbow but its quite pricey. the rest is personal preference. For leveling i like to use +9 RideWord Hat or Vanagard Helm for my headgear. Another good choice is +9 Autumn Headband but it has gotten quite pricey since its release and i wouldn't rely on that since the effects "might?" change

Edit: as for leveling spots gramps daily quest is good but you should also check out the board quests around the towns if you get bored of gramps.

here is a list of them

http://irowiki.org/w...Quests#Overview

i can't really tell you which are the best spots or quests to take because i haven't leveled a character since they got released.

As for Guilds you are more than welcome to join mine :thumb2:

This

#4 Arazi

Arazi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the help, I also have a stalker and paladin. Would you recommend me starting with one of them on renewal over the sniper?

#5 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Rangers can achieve crazy damage for cheap gears from a pve perspective.

#6 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

I would recommend sniper for an introduction of the game and then later on main something else if you plan to pvp or woe (endgame) I personally main ranger because I hate woe and pvp but I like mvping and rangers can do that albeit not as good/cheap as other classes but still fun/challenging/rewarding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users