• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 caelthar

caelthar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

I am hoping to be a TC/FC/tank Build. I don't WoE so not using GoH.

I used the simulator to generate some stats. Just need some guidance if this is a good setup.

So I came up with:-

100 str

120 vit

100 int

100 dex

As for Agi and Luk could not decide.

I can invest exactly 69 stat points into one or the other.which will use up every single stat point leaving nothing left over.

i.e. I can get 69 Agi OR 69 Luk. 

I wouldn't mind distributing stat points into both skills but I hate the idea of having any leftover.

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

you can have 50 AGI and 41 LUK, or any combination in between up to 41AGI and 50 LUK

no leftover

also, seems like you won't be gfisting so no need for high INT (could trade some for more STR/etc);

for example, you could have 84 base INT and still reach 100 total (for good resist vs some status effects) with blessing and the +6 job bonus; you can even go lower than that (usually silence is the most common status effect outside of WoE/PvP for having low INT, and you can cure that with just green pots / panacea or have a marduk carded mid/lower)

#3 caelthar

caelthar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

Lets say if I were to use G Fist, better to keep at 100 Int?

#4 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

AGI (specifically ASPD) helps reduce animation delay and increases ASPD (helpful if you're going to manually combo Tiger Cannon, for example), while LUK increases damage.

Aside from resists or cards/equipment that grant effects based on stats, stats aren't as important as equipment as you go up in level. What gear do you have or plan on getting? 

If you're going to hunt low-tier or mid-tier bosses and get MVP, Guillotine Fist is your strongest burst damage skill. Remaining SP has a substantial impact on damage. It's not the only skill you can use to attack bosses with, though.

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

depends how often you want to rely on gfist (and if you have good gears, mainly for mSP increase, to supplement high INT);

but, 100 INT doesn't guarantee a significant damage increase (ie. increase the number of bosses you can 1-shot);

depending on actual gear setup, it could also be pointless (ie. the damage increase is not enough to 1-shot the boss with the next highest HP)

anyways, you can just FC/comboTC low/mid tier bosses and still do fine; no point in trying to go for mid-high/high tier if not a specialized MvP build

Edited by ka10, 30 March 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#6 caelthar

caelthar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

Could you give me a sample stat build from what your telling me?

I mean if STR is more valuable than INT in terms of increasing damage for TC/FC/GF, then I will reduce INT and increase STR.

#7 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

need actual setup (gear, buffs, consumables, etc) to compare damage yield for different stats;

you can actually calculate damage with just the info from irowiki (formulas, ATK, refine bonus, maxSP) using your setup for parameters;

ATK and mHP for TC/FC - these two parameters are essentially equal in terms of contribution (1 HP vs 1 ATK)

ATK and mSP for GF - most setups usually involve a larger proportion of gears contributing to mSP (due to the reality that mSP is easier to increase with a variety of gears; initial base mSP value is much higher pointwise - while ATK often hits the realistic maximum value earlier); you can optimize and determine whether STR or INT is better provided you can think of a limiting value (a potential total of ATK + mSP, with the real limit being which tier of gears one can afford) - (a rough example, last post page 1)

though honestly, trying to balance stats is basically a case of jack of all trades, master of none;

would personally suggest to not worry about gfist too much, and just focus on TC/FC for the meantime;

Edited by ka10, 30 March 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#8 caelthar

caelthar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

@Ka10 you are really knowledgeable on this... wow :D

I'll tell you what gear I am using currently.

Vanagrand +9 (Carat)

BFG (incubus)

Octopus lower headgear

Brynhild (borrow from friend)

Glorious Morning Star +12/ Planning on getting Double Malicious Carga +9

Cranial/Garguanta Shield for (Bio and Scarab)

HBP+9 (Immune)

Variants

Cat hand glove (yoyo Card) x2 yeah trying to get better accessories...  hoping for 2 x RWC Atk x 2 and Str +3 ring (Gold scaraba cards)

This is what im using atm, and I want to take your advice on board coz you know your stuff.

I love using TC and FC, and I want to make it my main focus. GFist is good only when I do MVP.

#9 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

yea with that setup i personally would not invest much in INT; once you get more SP gears (turkey, SP FAW, etc) only then can having high INT become worth considering; levels also factor in (more stats to allocate, higher base SP pool);

besides 2x HF carga, 2x caramel carga (vs scaraba) might be of interest; nice damage w/ fire endow - though FC's short cooldown makes 1-shotting not strictly required (except for mobs the really hurt like bio4)

also, WPH+alarm might be a good investment if you don't have it yet; i think ever since i had that i stopped relying too much on damage→HP regain gears like RWH, HF carga, etc; so i could just default +damage gears (and only switch to WPH when healing)

Edited by ka10, 30 March 2015 - 05:48 PM.

#10 caelthar

caelthar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

Awesome I will get right on it. Also I kind of get the timing for the Dragon > FE > TC Combo. Can agi decrease the interval times

between each combo?

#11 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

yes, and DEX too (although AGI is twice as effective in interval reduction);

if you have around 90 base AGI and DEX, you could actually do a follow up manual TC/GoH combo right after FC (provided the target is against a wall or can't be knocked back to keep the target in melee range) and take advantage of the +120 ATK from FC;

the whole FC sequence is ~5 sec, but you're free to move / pot / use skills (besides FC since it's own cooldown is 5 sec) during the last ~1 sec;

this ~1 sec window starts right when the 4th kanji character flashes, right when the skyblow occurs;

with low AGI, the manual combo would be too slow to make it in time;

Edited by ka10, 30 March 2015 - 08:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users