Change the "Show HP" Feature and other things - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Change the "Show HP" Feature and other things

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

It would be nice to see the HP bars of our party members as apposed to every single "living" thing on the map. What's worse is, all the bars are red! How the hell am I supposed to tell them apart? Why do I even need know all the monsters' HP anyway?

If anything, there should be 3 options:
show all HP bars (party members = blue, monsters = red)
show party members only (party members = blue)
show monsters only (monsters = red)

Okay, red is dangerous! Blue are allies! Got it!

I guess any color could go for party members' HP bars, but party member's names are highlighted blue, so the HP bars may as well just follow the colour scheme.

Sure, you could just look at the top of the screen, but that's not helpful AT ALL. Even if you see the names, with all the skill animations and action going on, it'll be hard to tell who's who right away - if you even know what the person looks like (a party of all look-alike warriors; fun stuff). You shouldn't even be stopping to look at the top, mostly because this is a fast-paced action game (it only takes a second to die~). I'm sure this feature would be very helpful to healers, so they don't have to get yelled at by angry players who died due to the healer being unable to find 'em in time - since, you know, they only have a second to do so.

The only reason I didn't include other players outside the party is - you can't heal or buff anyone outside your party. So there's no point in seeing if some random person is about to die or not. That's less that the game has to process, and that's less things to render so laggy people won't have to worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is: The party bar at the top. Do we REALLY need to have that there? If HP bars can be seen, it's not useful. The people in your party have bright-blue names, and you can also see the names AND the people's location by looking at the party menu (click y, click party tab, hooray). Or you could, you know, look at the mini map if they're on your map. There should be an option to toggle the bar on and off.

And another: The auto-quest function~ It can be turned off, but it suddenly turns back on when another quest is added or completed. So just make it where it's either on or off, nothing in between. Should be very simple to fix,

Pedal to the metal: There's that lovely little medal notification that pops up whenever someone is close to achieving a medal or something like that. However, there's no way to turn it off. It's ANNOYING to see ZILLIONAIRE ZILLIONAIRE ZILLIONAIRE pop up every time I pick up a copper piece. So there should be a way to toggle it on and off.

Hand o' Cards: It's been mentioned billions of times, but it's really about time its been addressed. Character Cards are bogus and unfair, much like half of the game, but at least this part will be super easy to fix! People who know better are FORCED to enter fake info to get the GOOD stats, especially since the stat boost they would get is quite significant. There's two ways to do this, simply make a character card give 5% to all the options it gives (hlt, int, agi, str, evade, crit rate, crit dmg, movement speed, attack speed - not max hp/mp or recovery) OR allow the players to choose whatever they want Why~? Because it's not a broken boost, and it'll serve as a freebie to those who changed classes/got to level 20. It also means we can now put in our information, find people who are like us, and still be happy with the results we get on our cards. I mean, if there's cash shop items that give 7% to all stats, then 5% to all stats shouldn't be bad, right? If it is, looks like you're gonna have to nerf those cash shop items!

And this too: Long ranged X attacks do not make enemies flinch, as such, their long "normal" attacks shouldn't make us flinch. Either that or make our normal X attacks flinch them too. I know PvE is a joke and all, but at least make it consistent.

Lastly: Get around to fixing that ancient bottleneck problem! What I'm referring to is the Archer/Mage X-spam delay. It's obvious it's not even supposed to be there (otherwise, mashing X would still result in the same speed).

#2 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

All of these suggestions are good. I would also love to see your idea about the hp bar coloration (blue = ally hp bar, red = enemy hp bar) carry over into pvp. Character card fix should be top priority. +1

#3 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

All of these suggestions are good. I would also love to see your idea about the hp bar coloration (blue = ally hp bar, red = enemy hp bar) carry over into pvp. Character card fix should be top priority. +1

I honestly never thought of that, good idea! It would definitely be of some help in a big 5v5 battle.

#4 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

For the display hp option I also think it would be very useful to display mp as well, hell mp is the only reason I don't f10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users