Concerning Homunculi(For recent 2015 tech questions) - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Concerning Homunculi(For recent 2015 tech questions)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stormraven11

stormraven11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

Alright, so I'm kind of new to the warp portal community even though I've played RO for a long time, I just kind of quit one day after leveling my rogue account to 71 as the levels past then started getting extremely monotonous and I didn't want to put any cash into the game(I had an 80 something rogue on a classic account on the loki server I believe, got deleted for some reasons years before I made the new rogue). So I picked it up again after some more years and threw some money at it, quit again, came back and now I got my rogue up to 90 something so I can rebirth him and an alchemist to 65 with a nasty little 57 Vanil. SO, getting to my actual questions, revolving around the homunculus. 

1. Can I ever rename my homunculus? i made the mistake of setting it's name to vanil, something concerning thinking the button next to the name would bring up a name change screen. I was sadly mistaken. So does anyone know the 2015 guidelines for this? Can I change my homunculi's name upon evolving from 2nd form to S form? 

2. This one is even more important to me, and it's concerning homunculus skill points. If I go from lvl 150 2nd form homunculus, with approx 35 remaining skill points to an S form homunculus(will be preferably Dieter, and I was asking this question in regards to the ability to bypass waiting for the dieter to slowly level for AoE attacks). Will the left over skill points transfer over so I may level up Dieter's skills immediately?

Just wondering what the current information is on both of these. Answers would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

Once you change it to homun S, you can rename it. 

re: 2 - yes, you'd keep the skill points... but your homun would suck! HP/SP and stat growth is based on the homun type at the time it levels up, and is much higher for homun S. You want it to gain as many levels as homun S as possible, which means being careful to change it at 99.

For dieter, once it gets lava slide, it will level faster than a pre-S homun could dream of. Likewise with Sera when it gets mist. 

#3 stormraven11

stormraven11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

Thank you very much for your reply, I've gotten mixed results on the name change, and I was kind of disappointed when I screwed the pooch on the name change. 

Thanks for the truth on the leveling too, now I understand a bit better concerning leveling it in S mode. I thought the stats would all modify accordingly with the level being 150, apparently not as drastically as I thought. I read into good regular mode homunculi and then the S versions and vanil seems the most solid it seemed, I managed to see everyone using vanils as I was leveling my rogue before I managed to get around to the merchant, which was really just meant to be a merchant in the first place before I discovered the awesome geneticist builds. Sera seemed ok, but the little lava guy seemed cooler save for the fact theres a poor naked bugger stuck in a bottle. Mainly for the AoE and MVP killing abilities I've seen with a vanil/dieter combination in some builds I've looked at a bit on the net. Kind of trying to wrap my head around single or limited handedly killing MVPs still. Either way, I got the point. Makes me wonder if I should keep my vanil around 70-80 while getting my alchemist rebirthed and leveling to become a geneticist. It makes me laugh how fast my alchemist has leveled compared to my rogue, absolutely ridiculous. 

#4 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

Your homunculus can't go above level 99 until you change to Geneticist, so you should have no concern with the homunculus reaching level 99 before you transcend. Once you become a Geneticist, you can do the Homunculus S quest right away. If your homunculus is level 99 with 100% EXP already when you become a Geneticist, this means the next homunculus' kill will increase its level. If so, just vaporize the homunculus until you turn it into a homunculus S.

#5 stormraven11

stormraven11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Haha I didn't know that either, thanks for the extra bit of information. Well, crap, then I wont feel put off getting it to 99 then :) Thank you thank you thank you

#6 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#7 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members