Vending - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Vending

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic, Renewal, Restart

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

Sorry in advance for my complaining, but I cannot vend for more than 20 mins. I disconnect  :sob:  Anyone else having problems with disconnecting/lagging? *pouts*

#2 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

No problem here. You might have to forward your ports for more stable connection.

http://portforward.c...ver/default.htm

#3 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

No problem here. You might have to forward your ports for more stable connection.
http://portforward.c...ver/default.htm

Those instructions are for running a certain emulator (i.e. private server) in its default configuration. You don't need to forward any ports to play the game, and doing so provides absolutely no benefit.

#4 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

It's so frustrating  :p_sad:

#5 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

Sorry in advance for my complaining, but I cannot vend for more than 20 mins. I disconnect  :sob:  Anyone else having problems with disconnecting/lagging? *pouts*

is your computer connect by wireless?

#6 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Check your anti-virus software, that could causing your issue. I was recently dc-ing alot, but as soon as i set my antivirus to ignore ragnarok.exe, i haven't dc in awhile. I use avast btw.

#7 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

is your computer connect by wireless?

Yes I do, I've never have any problems with it though, just started 2 days ago. 

#8 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

are you playing with a wireless network adapter?

If yes, then there maybe a power setting that shuts it off after inactivity.  RO does not use enough data to keep most networks as active.

if no, then there maybe a power setting on your network adapter that shuts it off after inactivity.

You're probably on a laptop arnt you?

#9 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

Check your anti-virus software, that could causing your issue. I was recently dc-ing alot, but as soon as i set my antivirus to ignore ragnarok.exe, i haven't dc in awhile. I use avast btw.

I use avast as well, I will look into that  :p_hi: Thank you

#10 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

are you playing with a wireless network adapter?

If yes, then there maybe a power setting that shuts it off after inactivity.  RO does not use enough data to keep most networks as active.

if no, then there maybe a power setting on your network adapter that shuts it off after inactivity.

You're probably on a laptop arnt you?

Yup i'm playing on a lap top. Just a lil strange since it's been acting up a couple of days. I used to be able to keep my lap top open and vend through out the night. 

#11 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

Yup i'm playing on a lap top. Just a lil strange since it's been acting up a couple of days. I used to be able to keep my lap top open and vend through out the night. 

it all depends on your total data usage for the network adapter.  Double check your power settings on the wireless adapter properties.  Disabling power saver mode or whatever for it should prevent you from getting dc'd.  every 20 minutes is typically the cut off time for most wireless adapters.

if you didn't have it in the past then you may have been using more data back then, this may be due to other programs that send/receive data such as chat programs, skype etc.  You may have removed them recently, or perhaps your anti virus removed some hidden shenanigans in the background for you that lowered your over all data usage.

#12 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Can you actively play on the laptop for more than 20 minutes?  If so, then its likely that some inactivity timeout is occurring as others are mentioning.

If you can't actively play for 20 minutes, then either you have some wireless interference, or possibly there dust buildup that is causing your CPU to overheat.

Also, if possible, try playing and AFKing with a wired connection to see if that works better.

#13 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

just plug a wire into t. i had the same issue a couple of months back, issue solve when i plug in a wire for internet access.

#14 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

Best thing you can do is grab yourself a good long cable and plug that to your laptop and to your wireless router.

I use a laptop with a cable connection, to a switch with a very long cable that is connected to the wireless router.

#15 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

I used to have a similar problem as the OP. Some times, even on a laptop, a wired connection just isn't possible. My modem and router are in the living room sitting on my TV stand. My computer desk is in the dining room. I could hook up my laptop to the router VIA CAT5, but then I wouldn't be comfortable, and I'd also be introducing a new wire in the living room for my 2 year old son to play with. Not good. I also rent, so I can't run the line into my dining room.

As for the issue at hand, if you try checking your power settings and everything, and nothing works, there's one more thing you can try. Open your network adapter's software (or the Windows wireless setting if Windows is what you use to manage your wireless adapter.) Look for "Channel". This will either be a number between 1-12 or it'll say "automatic". If it's automatic, turn it to manual. Check the number. If it's on a low number (for example, 2) change it to a high number (say 10.) Try that if all else fails. Good luck!

#16 ImReveL

ImReveL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

try to "ping whateverweb.com -t" at cmd

meybe ur connection got idle since no movement of your character, so it's disconnected from ragnarok.

i also have the same trouble, so i try doing that..and now it's fine..

#17 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

Best thing you can do is grab yourself a good long cable and plug that to your laptop and to your wireless router.

I use a laptop with a cable connection, to a switch with a very long cable that is connected to the wireless router.

I wish I could, but it's in my roomates room lol  

#18 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 November 2021 - 05:05 PM

Switch your Network profile from Public to Private.

Posting this in case this affects anyone that's searching through internet for solutions. The disconnect issue used to happen for me only with Wi-Fi (no issue with Wired) during long time no activity.
To do this on Windows 10, press Windows key -> type Network Status and press Enter -> click Properties -> check Private instead of Public.

The reason this happens is some Wi-Fi adapters turn off automatically after a long period of inactivity to prevent hackers from accessing you through public Wi-Fi. Rag1 vending uses extremely little data, maybe 10 MB per hour which is low enough to be considered inactivity

Edited by FishDeity, 23 November 2021 - 02:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users