4 replies to this topic

#1 Snuttan

Snuttan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

Hello gentlemen and ladies.

Does Cart Cannon get increased damage from FAW's 'Ranged Attack Damage +1% for every 20 base Dex?'
CC is ranged is it not? So it should get that bonus?

Adding points into Dex would increase its damage since it's ranged skill?

Are Job bonuses considered to be modifiers?
Could I for Example have Str90+10 and get the 5%atk bonus from FAW?

thank you :>

#2 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

"Base" refers to your base stats (before the + symbol), so equipment, skill, and job bonuses (after the + symbol) do not count towards it.

Cart Cannon and Acid Bomb are physical, ranged attacks, so ranged damage modifiers affect total damage.

What enchants do you have on the Fallen Angel Wing? If you don't have any enchants, check here: http://irowiki.org/w...l_Wing_Enchants

Look at the damage formula: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cart_Cannon

ATK * [(Cart Remodeling Skill Level * 50) * (INT / 40) + (Cart Cannon Skill Level * 60)]% * (100 + Ranged Damage Modifiers)%

Note: I didn't include racial modifiers or elemental modifiers above since you are only concerned with ranged damage.

Use Azzy's damage calculator to play around with different stats and effects, including ranged damage modifiers, to measure the impact of investing in STR vs. INT vs. DEX. You will need to manually calculate and add in the modifiers from stats with Fallen Angel Wing.

Hint: INT has the biggest impact, followed by STR. Increasing DEX by 20 to get +1% ranged damage from FAW has minimal impact versus increasing INT by 20 or increasing STR by 20. Increasing INT by 20 has a larger impact than increasing STR by 20.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

Hello gentlemen and ladies.

Does Cart Cannon get increased damage from FAW's 'Ranged Attack Damage +1% for every 20 base Dex?' yes
CC is ranged is it not? So it should get that bonus? yes, yes

Adding points into Dex would increase its damage since it's ranged skill? yes, though it's a grossly inefficient way to increase CC damage. It also slightly increases atk (1 atk per 5 dex)

Are Job bonuses considered to be modifiers? Base only, job bonus does not count. 
Could I for Example have Str90+10 and get the 5%atk bonus from FAW? No, it only counts base (number before the +). 

thank you :>

#4 Snuttan

Snuttan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

apologize for so late response >.<

On the question what enchants I have on FAW,
I Had EA 26% but I reset to get 30% reduced Variable Cast Time.
Maybe I should have kept EA 26% instead. More damage or faster cast speed hmm, decisions decisions..

Alright, so dex do increase the damage of CC but only a small amount. I thought it'd increase much more.
I might have spent a few or more points into dex than I Should have done (90+9Dex).
But I was planning doing a stats reset anyway. Almost 100dex seems too much.

Thank you so much gals/guys for those enlightenments it helps alot :D.

#5 ssibalyankee

ssibalyankee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:lelnewal

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:10 AM

Is your aim to maximize CC damage output?
If so, Insta variable cast time is usually the aim.
Don't worry about your stats, you can decide on the end game build you want later(assuming you're not 175/60 yet).
For example,you might want 120dex for the Temporal Dex boots bonus.

Gene is pretty easy to play, no skills needed just experience and clean execution.
Check the pinned threads for gear and stat guidance,cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users