Ideal MVP to start for ASPD Ranger - Page 2 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ideal MVP to start for ASPD Ranger

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

i considered trying them. then i realize i lose my bako tattoos. Maybe its time to invest in MoH for archers. D:

Luk Glove[KBC] and glorious ring is a better combo i feel like bako is too overkill on the aspd but with luk glove and glorious ring you can get a better balance on elemental resistance, crit, and aspd. I don't find the Bako tattoo to be worth the cost it's too overkill on the aspd and your damage doesn't really come from your autoattack really(comes mainly from warg)

#27 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

I use 2 luk Gloves ,HBP, Luk EA/Hwkeyes./bako is too expensive :sob:

#28 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

can we reach high tier crit numbers and still have high enough dmg? What card is in your backpack? i was thinking maybe petal? as i will have 110 luk as is at 175.

Edit : My boots currently are Temp Agi with AD/LD. As the Luk proc making my warg go off every strike for 5 seconds is beautiful. Also gives me the full crit at the time with 110 base luk and luk enchanted ww sets.

Ive also considered sniping suits. Anyone tried this? I figure a high sharp or Luk based white wing suit would be better tho?

Edited by Zelnite, 05 April 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#29 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

i use sniping suit.I dont like Lucky day .no matter wl , ranger , gx , sorc.IMO,Luk boots with hwkeyes is the best.You can deal high AS ,aimed bolt , crit dmg.

#30 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

do you have 193 without agi boots?

#31 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

do you have 193 without agi boots?

Yes.i have costume quve mask

#32 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

Yes.i have costume quve mask

youll have to forgive me, i didnt play when that was introduced. What does that do?

Edit : Ok found it on RMS. Do the other hats from that batch still work? Or is it just that? I ask because i dont see genetics or RKs using the costume WPH for the -10% variable reduction. And on a costume, that seems pretty good. Is that effect perm or supposed to go away?

Also, may i ask you what other gears your using? Im very lost on what exactly i should be gearing wise for MVPing. Ive switched my accessories several times already.

Edited by Zelnite, 05 April 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#33 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

it depends really on what you prefer.. like me i solo a lot so i need elemental resistance to tank MVPs elemental attacks (i don't like to hit-lock) and i let all of my damage rely on warg damage since he deals all of the damage i just have crit to hit the MVPs that use agi up. so i focus all my gear on stuff that gives

Crit

Crit Damage

Elemental Resistance(Fire,Water,Wind,Holy,Shadow,Ghost/Neutral) except earth since i haven't found a use for it?

Atk Speed

if you happen to party with tanks or you just plan to hit-lock MVPs then you can substitute elemental resistance for ranged damage% gears or atk% gears

i couldn't really tell you what to get because your build and preferences are most likely different from mine.

#34 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

so maybe luk gloves with zeroms for the 6 dex? or even MoH archers for 5% and 10 crit each? and then maybe even sniping suit with venatu card? Seems pretty good to me. havent tested. and as far as bako goes, i havent seemed to have much of a difference with or without it. time to sell it -le sigh-

#35 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

What's your stats again, Zelnite?

White wing suit is better than sniping suit. If you need more crit rate, just get sharp/crit enchants on it.

If you still need more aspd%, you can try using Cenere card on your HBP. I put one to mine and I can now reach 193 aspd w/o costume aaw or bako tattoo.

Edited by DeadIntern, 06 April 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#36 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Str - 1

Agi - 120

Vit - 90

Int - 2

Dex - 91

Luk -9

This is at 153.

i dont mind resetting to get the stats i need for a decent lvling/Mvping build at this lvl. i know it will get better. My main goal is to be able to solo 1-40 of ET and OGH on this guy. I figure minimal crit dmg is better than not having crit at all. so i opted for 193 with as high crit as possible.

Side note 1, am i reading that right, 24% aspd with the cenere at 120 agi? thats nuts.

Funding isnt an issue. I dont have a problem gettting the gears i need, Im jsut not sure the gears i actually need QQ.

Side note 2, Does the costume quve still work? 10% aspd from a costume seems really good.

Is there a way to hit high crit numbers while still having 193 and do decent dmg w/o using TONS of consumables?

#37 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Um ok so you probably want more luk :o so you don't rely to much on just having plain lucky day 200 I prefer the 300 luk for 100% wary proc I'm sure leveling to 175 will help with that

for doing the first 40 floors it's easy just get elemental white wing sets with crit sharp enchants I use each element with at least (crit+16 and up) on each suit and just switching depending on mvp I don't like to rely on cenere for garment on aspd since I switch garment out for deviling or raydric against bapho and samurai

Costume Quve does still work but you really shouldn't need it with 120 agi not worth the cost

Good crit can be done with 110 luk and luk glove (+11 crit) enchanted wwset(+16 crit) fallen angel wings are also nice if you get fatal enchants (+10 crit,+30% crit damage) I haven't used that though so I couldn't tell you I like HBp better since it's more versatile with just the suit and luk glove you should have around 70-80 crit. I know you said no food items but if you can get them abrasives can really help with getting +30 crit which will put you at 110-120

Really though I think if you are able to fund yourself with the gears I think you can come up with a build on your own!
the best way of learning is actually taking the class to MvP and see how it goes to see what you can do better to optimize your build to avoid deaths and maximize damage output

Edited by Kupo54, 06 April 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#38 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

yea i have been doing ogh and ET on him. just using the forums as a way for research. and more information. a way to improve if you will. (there is a lot of that, that needs to be done tho lol) its easier than asking ppl with their success than buying a gear, it not working, and wanting to resell the gear if it isnt being used for another character.

EDIT : B> Costume quve mask XD

Edited by Zelnite, 06 April 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#39 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, as Kupo54 said. I think your VIT can be better allocated to get more LUK and INT. Aspd ranger usually does not get hit that seldom in the first place, due to having high flee and perfect dodge.

And are you missing some stat points? It seems quite low for a lv 153.

My personal build (154) is as follows:

STR - 1

AGI - 120

VIT - 60

INT - 40

DEX - 100

LUK - 90

I then reached 193 aspd with the following items (too poor to buy bako T_T) 

- +9 HBP with Cenere card

- +9 Temp Agi AD4 / LD

- Rudolf to proc Agi Up 10

- Awakening Pot

- Celermine Juice

Then once my rudolf procs agi up, I switch to +9 Drooping Eddga for more awesomeness XD

Edited by DeadIntern, 07 April 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#40 brakidish

brakidish

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

Yeah, as Kupo54 said. I think your VIT can be better allocated to get more LUK and INT. Aspd ranger usually does not get hit that seldom in the first place, due to having high flee and perfect dodge.

And are you missing some stat points? It seems quite low for a lv 153.

My personal build (154) is as follows:

STR - 1

AGI - 120

VIT - 60

INT - 40

DEX - 100

LUK - 90

I then reached 193 aspd with the following items (too poor to buy bako T_T) 

- +9 HBP with Cenere card

- +9 Temp Agi AD4 / LD

- Rudolf to proc Agi Up 10

- Awakening Pot

- Celermine Juice

Then once my rudolf procs agi up, I switch to +9 Drooping Eddga for more awesomeness XD

My Ranger is 125 now and this is almost the same build as yours, atleast some how i know im on the right track for MVP AUTOWARG and a little bit of AS Build.

STR-1

AGI-100 target is 120

VIT-60 target is 70

INT-40

DEX-100
LUK-60 target is 120

Also i knew now that there is a Cenere Card in IRO. I need to purchase one now. Lol.

Can I also ask, do you put any level in the Skills "Main Ranger" and "Trap Research" if you are a Hybrid? 

Thanks for this. It saves me alot of time to research. lol

#41 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:11 AM

Oops yea my Luk is based 90. Got deleted there. I sold my Bako and picked up a quve mask. Can't believe those still work.

I had the 90 VIT for the HBP bonus and to help get 100 for no stun as well.

Edited by Zelnite, 07 April 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#42 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

My Ranger is 125 now and this is almost the same build as yours, atleast some how i know im on the right track for MVP AUTOWARG and a little bit of AS Build.

STR-1

AGI-100 target is 120

VIT-60 target is 70

INT-40

DEX-100
LUK-60 target is 120

Also i knew now that there is a Cenere Card in IRO. I need to purchase one now. Lol.

Can I also ask, do you put any level in the Skills "Main Ranger" and "Trap Research" if you are a Hybrid? 

Thanks for this. It saves me alot of time to research. lol

Get lvl 1 Trap Research.

Oops yea my Luk is based 90. Got deleted there. I sold my Bako and picked up a quve mask. Can't believe those still work.

Costume Quve Mask is really good. I use it on all my chars .ASPD reduces skill animation delay ,u can spam skill faster.For example:

https://www.youtube....h?v=1xYnPDKz_o4

#43 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

How come it's still in effect? Is there a plan to take those effects out?

Ie : quve, wph, lude costumes?

#44 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

#45 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:24 AM

welcome to iro.who knows

#46 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

Kinda what I figured. Been that way for years lol

#47 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

Kinda what I figured. Been that way for years lol

Edit sorry don't know why it's double posting

Edited by Zelnite, 07 April 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#48 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

yea i have been doing ogh and ET on him. just using the forums as a way for research. and more information. a way to improve if you will. (there is a lot of that, that needs to be done tho lol) its easier than asking ppl with their success than buying a gear, it not working, and wanting to resell the gear if it isnt being used for another character.

EDIT : B> Costume quve mask XD

When i first started ranger(back when trapper build was the better build(right before WWSet came out)) I wanted to be ASPD ranger so badly i followed guides by Clogan, Pocky, and Lynx on iROwiki forums and these forums so i know how helpful these threads can be.. Sadly the good info is all spread out and there is no go to guide besides maybe iROwiki but that only goes so far.....

BUT the info is still there xD

Side Note:I am working on a huge guide at the moment but it's only for my guildmates on our forums :P

Not all builds work for everyone though so you also got to just keep playing and find out where your problems are so you can come here and ask more specific questions. I can sit here and tell you THESE are the best gears but they might not work for you or maybe you could do better..

Example: Best and most interesting way to mvp for some pros is hitlocking the mvp, in the years i have been playing ranger i have never been able to do it successfully so instead i made my own build that relyies on Vit,Int, and Elemental resistance and it works for me so hey why not. My build is better at not having to set up and position myself to kill the mvp. But those that hitlock will have way higher dps than me and once they are setup they will kill the MvP faster.

What i did was jot down everything i needed (Ex:Crit, Aspd, Elemental Reist) then i used a database to search for every gear and card that contained those things or anything relatable and i just played around with putting them in combos with eachother and see how they work and if i hit my requirements..

I don't think they plan to take it out since it wasn't stated but i'm not going to rely on it

also i will share my stat build for anyone wondering....you can steal it if you want!!*Just remember who you got it from* I find it to be a good balance for switching gears around.

At lvl 150(don't care to level for now)

Str:1

Agi:100

Vit:90

Int:50

Dex:100

Luk:96

P.S: Here's an example of me asking specific questions also about ranger mvping back when i barely made my first couple 100m

http://forums.warppo...r-mvping/page-2

(i wanted to achieve: 193 Aspd,100+Crit,(150+Total Luk) this wasn't very easy back then xD) Temporal Boots Lucky Day solved that problem for me i ditched all my luk gear and replaced with Crit Gears

#49 brakidish

brakidish

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:55 PM

How much did you pay for the quve mask? :D thinking of getting one also. :D

#50 brakidish

brakidish

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

Get lvl 1 Trap Research.

Costume Quve Mask is really good. I use it on all my chars .ASPD reduces skill animation delay ,u can spam skill faster.For example:

https://www.youtube....h?v=1xYnPDKz_o4

okay Got it. So in Main Ranger i will be putting just for the requirement. thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users