Need advice on how to optimize my Geneticist please. - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice on how to optimize my Geneticist please.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Been looking at the Geneticist page on the wiki for hints on both stats and gear but never sure if those are recent or not so I wanted more advice from here.

Currently sitting at 100/11 Geneticist and I'd like to optimize the character as much as I possibly can.

Limited by how much Zeny I can invest into the character though, which is around 500mil, adding to that whatever my current gear would be worth if replacing it would be a good idea.

Planning to run a Cart Cannon/Acid Bomb build, which seems pretty standard from what I can see. Full PVM with MVP capabilities would be awesome as I'd love to start doing some of those!

I leveled through Alchemist/Biochemist mostly with Cart Revolution and Bomb so my current stats/gear are as follows:

STR: 90

AGI:  1

VIT:  90

INT:  31

DEX: 30

LUK: 30

+4 Witch's Pumpkin Hat

Alarm Mask

Orlean's Gown [Empty]

+4 Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) [Archer Skeleton x3]

+4 Valkyrja's Shield [Hodremlin]

+4 Heroic Backpack [Raydric]

+4 Shackles

Bloodied Shackle Ball

Green Apple Ring (Currently providing +5 to all stats)

Basically wondering what sort of equipment I should aim for based on the budget I have mentionned previously. Planning to +9 things when a more permanent gearset is figured out too. The hat was for some very cheap healing as Cart Revolution/Bomb made me take a ton of hits and spam healing constantly. Assuming it would not be needed as much now if I can 1-shot almost anything close to my level with Cart Cannon.

Also, would I greatly benifit from a stat reset? Or should I just keep investing future points into DEX/INT and keep the current ones as they are (mostly wondering because of +9'ing the Heroic Backpack). If I'd be better off with a reset, how should I distributed those stats based on my current level? (Please no 120 this or that...I'm not there yet)

All help appreciated!

#2 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

- Don't need any luk, pretty usless stat for a non-pot gene

- CC is dependent on Int and Str

i would redo the stats so both Str and Int are 90.

Divide the remaing stats between Vit and Dex

Since safe to 7 certs are so so cheap now i suggest you get both the HBP and RTE to +7

The +7 HBP gives some ATK bonus if str is 90+. 

HBP also gives Range damage bonus if Dex is 90+, so next stat to invest should be Dex until then 90 then vit.

Get rid of the shackles and replace it with a Variant Shoe (+20% HP/SP) very cheap.

replace bloodied Shackle Ball with a cheap accessories like Silversmith Bracelet or Cat Hand Glove

The Green Apple ring reduces its stat by 1 per 5 job levels. At job lvl10, it is +4 not +5.

I would start saving up EMB for Medal of Honor (Merchant) and Glorious Ring acc set. You would need 240EMB for the whole set.

Edited by Ryviux, 31 March 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#3 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

How many certificates do you think I should expect to use on average to get +7 on something? I have never gone beyond the safe refine yet so I have no idea at all.

The ring did give +4, dunno how I saw +5 earlier. Tried taking it off and putting it back on to check, my bad.

That Medal of Honor and Glorious Ring are acquired using what items you can trade EMBs for?

And is there any headgear that would greatly benefit the build at this point? Feels like if I 1-shot mobs the healing will be much less needed than it used to. Was using the Witch's hat so I would not waste 100m + on slims on the pre-Geneticist build hehe.

#4 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

RTE is a level3 weapon, you can safely upgrade to +5 with just normal Ori.  To get to +7 form +5 on avg is 4-5. it depends on how lucky your are.

Same with the HBP, form +4 to +7 normally for me takes about 6-7 but it could take more or less depending on how lucky you are.

You trade EMB for KVM (1EMB = 5KVM) http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2772/

There is the Rideword hat (better at leeching HP) and Vanagard Hat (better at leeching SP). Both Hats are only worth using at+9. +9Crown of Deceit lowers casting time for CC, allowing more cc to be cast. +9 Evil marching Hat gives more damage.

Read the description on the Apple Ring, Every 5 job levels it give 1 less stat. Eventually no stats job level 30.

I suggest you move on to Mid-Ti once you get to job lvl21.

In Mid-TI just concentrate on raising base level

Don't worry about job level until High TI.

My mistake keep thinking rte is lvl3 for some reason.

Edited by Ryviux, 01 April 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#5 skulper345

skulper345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

Luk gives you more ATK. It's good to have some when your higher level.

#6 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

Luk gives you more ATK. It's good to have some when your higher level.

100/11 is not high lvl.

the damage formula for CC is the same as other classes. It is very dependent on INT and again the bonus form the +90 stats he gain form the HBP is more then any attack form a couple of points in luk.

Here is cal for CC and AB damage

http://drazzy.com/ro...encompare.shtml

You need something like 80 points of luk to equal the effect of 10 additional point of int.

Edited by Ryviux, 01 April 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

RTE is a level 4 weapon.

I would probably suggest something more along the lines of 60 STR 60 VIT 80 INT for a leveling build priority at the beginning. You can swap the STR and INT if you are going to be bombing a lot and have friends that can help you tank. 31 INT really does seem a bit too low, but how much is your damage right now with iron / elemental balls? If it's not HORRIBLE, you don't really NEED a stat reset.

Cast gears help the most with CC really because it's more about how fast you can spam rather than the damage in most cases.

LUK is good once you have 90 of a certain stat or other bonuses. Though it probably won't make the difference between one-shotting or two-shotting a mob and is more for "fine-tuning" or "optimizing". But a spell FAW is usually better for leveling with CC so you might not even need to go for the 90 stat bonus.

#8 skulper345

skulper345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

100/11 is not high lvl.

the damage formula for CC is the same as other classes. It is very dependent on INT and again the bonus form the +90 stats he gain form the HBP is more then any attack form a couple of points in luk.

Here is cal for CC and AB damage

http://drazzy.com/ro...encompare.shtml

You need something like 80 points of luk to equal the effect of 10 additional point of int.

I did not say 100/11 is high lv. I said when he is higher level than he is now.

When you reach 110/110 str/int raising them more will cost a lot of stat points when you can easily get some luk for exta atk.

#9 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

I did not say 100/11 is high lv. I said when he is higher level than he is now.

When you reach 110/110 str/int raising them more will cost a lot of stat points when you can easily get some luk for exta atk.

when you reach 110 for int/str along 94vit and 120dex, there is 40 pts left, which equals to 17pts of luk.

Lindth is also asking about optimizing his current built at 100/11. Which means he need concentrate on adding pts to INT/STR/DEX/VIT. Luk stat is for whatever pt is left when he is 175.

Edited by Ryviux, 01 April 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#10 skulper345

skulper345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

when you reach 110 for int/str along 94vit and 120dex, there is 40 pts left, which equals to 17pts of luk.

Lindth is also asking about optimizing his current built at 100/11. Which means he need concentrate on adding pts to INT/STR/DEX/VIT. Luk stat is for whatever pt is left when he is 175.

Right, I was just referring to your luk is useless stat in general. For Lindth right now, luk is not needed.

#11 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

Mostly suffering from a very slow casting time at the moment and damage is a bit low. Was killing things in two shots last week with somewhere around 9000 damage per Cart Cannon.

Nice link for the damage calc by the way, that should be quite useful in figuring out a good stat split.

I did take a look at FAW some time ago and it seemed quite interesting as it provides bonuses without the enchant need and at lower values. But I'm such a loot whore, <3 Greed.

But hmm, "spell" FAW? Is that refering to a card or?

And nope, no friends so no Acid Bombing things yet I think, unless low-end MVPs are really easy.

Who's Lindth?

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Spell Enchanted FAW with three spell enchants at +9. For a gen this is great for CC for % reduction, since it will give you 30% total. You can stack more reduction with gears like Sprint Rings, spell enchanted weapon, and so on. The money you make from loots from greed is insignificant later on.

#13 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

It already is rather unsignificant, but still fun xD

I know nothing about those enchants though. Still relatively new-ish to the game, have much to discover.

30% sounds like a quite amazing boost though...

Edited by Ilindith, 01 April 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

The whole point of FAW is the enchants. http://irowiki.org/w...l_Wing_Enchants

#15 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Yeah I took a look at those yesterday, learn something new everyday.

Have not been playing that long.

Any idea how much they roughly sell for clean?

Edited by Ilindith, 02 April 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#16 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

+9 clean about 500-600m.

i would just wait till the next box with the faw lower the market price.

just stick with the HBP for now.

Edited by Ryviux, 02 April 2015 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users