[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#51 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

I really do believe the GMs are discussing the future of Classic right now, they're just withholding their statement until all the facts are set.

If a server wipe brings back players for a short amount of time (better than not). It could create a larger audience than right now in the long run. (In the short run more than likely but imo definitely) Thus, profit from increased population instead of decline with low population.

Don't get mad at me for saying this. But maybe the community that cares should stop calling the server dead. Whether it's true or not it's just discouraging anyone scouring the threads from joining classic. Instead we should try to put a positive spotlight on classic, screenshots battle ground, idk. Draw people in. Encourage users to be on the forums instead of trolling them away...

Just some thoughts.

Edited by KingOfJokerz, 03 April 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#52 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

classic probably doesn't make a loss.

Depends also on how they licence it from Kro... Although I doubt Kro makes them pay for classic as they don't support it.

#53 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

• MVP cards and God items logged and publicly viewable (no need to show owners, just that exist)

I think it's an interesting idea, to have some script run at night counting those special items and let everyone check it on the site. It would slow the dupped item problems.

I would love a server reset because server starts are fun, and I'm sure that a lot more people would come than people who would leave. It would be super if we could have some errors corrected in this new imaginary server, while leaving the small improvements in.

#54 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

Are we talking a complete server wipe? As in everything deleted and a brand new vanilla server opened, ready for the GMs to butcher again? I wouldn't appreciate this. I'd quit RO once and for all if everything I bought with my cash had been erased. Doing this would be the end of the Classic server. You wouldn't gain many (if any) of the people who had quit (they're probably content on a pserver or being done with RO all together.) It would, however piss off enough people to kill any future for the Classic server.

If there's a server reset, and my Kafra Shop stuff were restored once I created a new account/character, fine. I'm okay with that. I'd also be okay with just character wipes and such, but only if my Kafra stuff were able to be restored.

Likewise, if Classic merged into Renewal, I'd quit as well. As Undying stated, I played Renewal for two years, and I quit because of different reasons. I'd be subjected to the same crap that made me leave in the first place. It's not practical anyway, since Renewal and Classic accounts are somewhat linked. I have 54 characters on Renewal and will have about 51 on Classic once I'm done. This is on two WP accounts containing three RO accounts each. A lot of my characters on Renewal share the same names as the characters on Classic. That, plus there's too many differences. It's just not practical.

#55 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

and get community input

I call bull. Oda has gone on record that if a person doesn't play Classic and/or doesn't care about the place, their opinion is not wanted:

Please don't post here is you don't play classic and you don't care. This is not the thread for you. 

Classic is going nowhere when you choose to alienate potential players-to-be, especially players who play or have played RO and might become interested in Classic given the right circumstances, and instead choose to listen solely to a dwindling pool of people that would prefer bickering amongst themselves endlessly over the same points of discussion while mired in guild politics.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

You talk a whole lot of twaddle about current situations and item distribution/saturation and population like you know.

you don't play, you don't know.

#57 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

Don't get mad at me for saying this. But maybe the community that cares should stop calling the server dead. Whether it's true or not it's just discouraging anyone scouring the threads from joining classic. Instead we should try to put a positive spotlight on classic, screenshots battle ground, idk. Draw people in. Encourage users to be on the forums instead of trolling them away...

Just some thoughts.

i haven't really thought much on server changes cause i still enjoy playing (mostly pvm, but still), but this seems like a good idea. putting the server down is not helping. regardless of your reasons as to why the server puts you off, it just doesn't help. if what you want is a living server, and you don't think it's alive, fake it til you make it. it's a small change, but it's helpful. 

#58 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

*snip*

If there's a server reset, and my Kafra Shop stuff were restored once I created a new account/character, fine. I'm okay with that. I'd also be okay with just character wipes and such, but only if my Kafra stuff were able to be restored.

*snip*

all kafra purchases are tracked, my original server wipe proposal suggests that all in-game KP spent be just reimbursed post server wipe.

Players should probably get 2 options, server transfer to renewal or reimbursement of all KP spent.  No double dipping for each account.  Mvps should get destroyed and gods should be broken if they choose to transfer.

#59 meichaofeng

meichaofeng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

When I say server reset I do not mean reset back to how classic was when it started. I mean reset and use all the past mistakes as a thing to learn from.

• No rental items that make one class a leveling powerhouse (rental CK in anos was op at the time)
  • Fixed god item system (limited amount or something!!)
  • MVP cards and God items logged and publicly viewable (no need to show owners, just that exist)
  • Better WoE system (thinking the changes to woe that are coming soon)
  • PVP with a way of letting people know that there are people in there without having to go and check

A Lot of things that made people quit have already been fixed (Account bound junk for one).

Yes some people would stop playing if a fresh/reset server happend but most of them are probably already looking for a reason to stop. Also the RMTers would also quit I think (like the person that bought ***** 2nd GTB for 2k).

I truly believe more than half of the current players would remain. I also believe that many of the people that quit due to past problems would come back AND it would be more inviting to new players.

I have spent a lot on WPE too, and I can't see myself spending as much time as I do now to get my chars to these levels, but I agree the current situation in server needs to be fixed. I don't mind server reset if it is done wisely and fairly. There is beauty in putting more effort to achieve something if it is fairer.

It is currently discouraging to new comers (ironically except for those who bot or RMT... I don't think those are the type of players we wish to have.. or do we? Too often I see famous bots got 99 trans, released into community and received warm welcome, then join a "WoE guild" which is actually a nutshell for botted chars). It is stiffling and boring for ordinary players.

It is soon going to dwindle into a server where everyone is super powerful (because the ordinaries have left earlier) but have nothing to do, then quit of boredom. The new players attracted by Janeway will have their fun for a time, then it will be very disheartening to see how hard it is to catch up, how lonely it is to have everyone else too high to party them.

There should be compensation for WPE spent otherwise people will quit of rage. After the clean up it should be run in better principles, such as Tribe's post above.

#60 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:10 AM

all kafra purchases are tracked, my original server wipe proposal suggests that all in-game KP spent be just reimbursed post server wipe.

Players should probably get 2 options, server transfer to renewal or reimbursement of all KP spent.  No double dipping for each account.  Mvps should get destroyed and gods should be broken if they choose to transfer.

Schia, I've been paying quite a bit of attention to your posts regarding classic as of late, and I'd like to ask you if you don't think you're being a bit.. Malignant? It seems like quite of bit of your effort is focused more so toward attempting to hurt others and place blame on the shoulders of anyone but yourself.

A good example of this is your insistence upon a server wipe. The simple fact of the matter is that a wipe would more than likely kill Classic. All the same you seem to insist upon it for the sake of "balancing" the server. Seemingly because you can't seem to get a leg up on others, and let's say for a moment that the GMs decide upon this.

The simple fact of the matter is, provided that everyone doesn't quit, that those you're trying to hurt so badly will in fact still remain and retain all of their knowledge, skill, and determination, causing, and perhaps down playing it juuuust a bit, little more than a set back as they'd still continue to put in more effort than you.

What would that mean for you? You'd still lack the motivation, knowledge, and social skills needed to surpass them, and you'd still remain the underdog. So can we please drop this whole "we need a server wipe" nonsense as nobody would actually win and it'd spell death for the game we all love.

#61 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

Pretty sure Oda said don't make suggestions for a server you don't play on at least on a drastic scale like that.

#62 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

Schia, I've been paying quite a bit of attention to your posts regarding classic as of late, and I'd like to ask you if you don't think you're being a bit.. Malignant? It seems like quite of bit of your effort is focused more so toward attempting to hurt others and place blame on the shoulders of anyone but yourself.

A good example of this is your insistence upon a server wipe. The simple fact of the matter is that a wipe would more than likely kill Classic. All the same you seem to insist upon it for the sake of "balancing" the server. Seemingly because you can't seem to get a leg up on others, and let's say for a moment that the GMs decide upon this.

The simple fact of the matter is, provided that everyone doesn't quit, that those you're trying to hurt so badly will in fact still remain and retain all of their knowledge, skill, and determination, causing, and perhaps down playing it juuuust a bit, little more than a set back as they'd still continue to put in more effort than you.

What would that mean for you? You'd still lack the motivation, knowledge, and social skills needed to surpass them, and you'd still remain the underdog. So can we please drop this whole "we need a server wipe" nonsense as nobody would actually win and it'd spell death for the game we all love.

lol, as if classic isn't already dead? granted, ID and HB seemed to have now semi returned

i've put countless hours and hundreds of dollars worth of KP into classic, but at this point, if the GMs were able to not make the same idiotic mistakes they made in the past, i'd be okay with a wipe. but i don't think they're capable of that. and i actually play classic regularly, so the snobs saying that suggestions from people who don't play classic shouldn't be taken into consideration...here's mine.

there's a sizable population of people interested in RO, it's just that official servers currently are...awful in most regards, so people would rather go to illegal servers. i can't blame them. were it not for my buddies on this server i would have quit ages ago, because quite frankly it's TERRIBLE. only recently have the GM's been making semi positive updates and changes and it took god knows how long and who knows how many posts of whining on the forum to get them to do anything. that doesn't even address the fact that it appears that the GM team does not have the resources or desire to advertise this server...

Edited by Ecclesio, 04 April 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#63 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:31 AM

lol, as if classic isn't already dead? granted, ID and HB seemed to have now semi returned

i've put countless hours and hundreds of dollars worth of KP into classic, but at this point, if the GMs were able to not make the same idiotic mistakes they made in the past, i'd be okay with a wipe. but i don't think they're capable of that. and i actually play classic regularly, so the snobs saying that suggestions from people who don't play classic shouldn't be taken into consideration...here's mine.

there's a sizable population of people interested in RO, it's just that official servers currently are...awful in most regards, so people would rather go to illegal servers. i can't blame them. were it not for my buddies on this server i would have quit ages ago, because quite frankly it's TERRIBLE. only recently have the GM's been making semi positive updates and changes and it took god knows how long and who knows how many posts of whining on the forum to get them to do anything. that doesn't even address the fact that it appears that the GM team does not have the resources or desire to advertise this server...

Sorry, where was the suggestion in that post? All I see is more bitching about classic being dead. Funny thing is I've been helping newbies left and right recently, and in the month or so I've been playing on classic I've seen the server population grown from 450ish to rather steady 525ish. Granted it's not the best of numbers but growth is growth and the GMs are making an effort to bring more people in, not the best of attempts, but people have been attracted to the events currently in place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the GMs, they're backasswards about their rules and most of the time seem incapable of tieing their shoes, much less fixing problems with the game, but you know what the real issue is? The player base. They can't make everyone happy, and they most certianly can't control people. So if people are, for example, going to leave because they feel entitled to more than they actually want to put the time and effort into, then they can't stop them, and it would be completely unfair towards others who have made the effort regardless of how much everyone else complains.

Now if you can state one good reason for a server wipe besides "blah blah blah they have more gods, mvps cards, or general phat lewtz" I'd be more than happy to listen and possibly change my opinion accordingly. But as it stands all I see is a select few people bitching about wanting more than they're willing to work for, and feeling that since they don't have something no one else should.

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

That's well and good (btw aurora is pretty goddamn big now, well done), but when people come spouting off about items, or rather, my items in particular, I can say for 100% certain they don't know how much "stuff" I have. It's less than the numbers that people keep making up and putting out there.

Like I said, 5 megs, that's 1 meg per 10 ppl in my guild. It's not 10. We don't have 10 gtbs etc

So uninformed indivivuals listen to people throwing out random numbers and think "Classic must be really badly saturated!", "All the items are in 1 guild!"

The problem is self inflicted (I actually obtained permission to post this so here it is)

RtL04kS.png

What gets said on the forums isn't really reflective of what happens in game at all.

Edited by Xellie, 04 April 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#65 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

Sorry, where was the suggestion in that post? All I see is more bitching about classic being dead. Funny thing is I've been helping newbies left and right recently, and in the month or so I've been playing on classic I've seen the server population grown from 450ish to rather steady 525ish. Granted it's not the best of numbers but growth is growth and the GMs are making an effort to bring more people in, not the best of attempts, but people have been attracted to the events currently in place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the GMs, they're backasswards about their rules and most of the time seem incapable of tieing their shoes, much less fixing problems with the game, but you know what the real issue is? The player base.

Now if you can state one good reason for a server wipe besides "blah blah blah they have more gods, mvps cards, or general phat lewtz" I'd be more than happy to listen and possibly change my opinion accordingly. But as it stands all I see is a select few people bitching about wanting more than they're willing to work for, and feeling that since they don't have something no one else should.

Reasons for server wipe I've seen

• Overpopulated rares and Gods. 
  • Leveling events released so soon that everyone is done.
  • There were some poor item and NPC choices. (Account bound MvP's, Rental Combat Knife
  • Server is underpopulated.  

BUT WAIT. LET'S BREAK DOWN AND DISCUSS THE SERVER BEING UNDERPOPULATED.

What is the logic behind a server wipe bringing back people?

1. In the current state of things, a large chunk of the Classic community is gone.
  2. That being said, while I do not know why they left. I do understand some left because they felt the server was soiled by exploits. A wipe re-attracts them.
  3. The population may have recently jumped on Classic because of Spring Break or the Philip RO merge. (Not your undying love for newbs)
  4. So... We should leave a low population Classic open... because you already won... and don't want to win again on a fixed server with a possible population increase..? Sorry, but 'winning' Ragnarok isn't a reason to stop a server wipe.

You can have opinions and they're great. But tone down your aggression. These people in this thread are concerned with the future of Classic. Not trolling the people who have rare gears and many chars on the server. We've clearly been discussing ways to make a wipe smooth and what would be desired in the situation of a wipe. We've also discussed the problems with the server and what we think can bring back a population. You however... I'm curious what your motives are in this thread. So far your past 2 posts are pretty aggressive. Knock it off, please. You're not helping anyone stay on this server by trolling them. The place is stale enough without trolls. Thread is gonna get locked and we're just gonna lose another good discussion over trolling. 

Like I said, this community needs to stop being so damn negative. Shine a positive light on Classic and help come up with a solution to fix the server. Don't start attacking people because they show a desire to fix save this server.

TLDR; Stop trolling.

EDIT: Fixed to Save

Edited by KingOfJokerz, 04 April 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

is "the current user base didn't want to compete" actually a reason for a wipe?

seriously?

#67 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

Nah, the idea of reimbursement wouldn't work. Your talking about WP spending thousands of US dollars if not tens of thousands paid to players with no guarantee that it'd be spent on the game again. People who used to play would come back just to get their money and be gone just as fast. Besides, what about the stuff bought from the Kafra shop then sold (or bought) in vend or broken in upgrade attempts? Reimburse those as well? No, I don't think that's a good idea, IMO.

My proposal wouldn't hurt anyone, but I still think it would hurt Classic more than save it in the event of a wipe. Instead of reimbursing, just give us our Kafra shop stuff back after the wipe. But either way, we lose more players than we gain. Not a good option. Maybe a last resort, that's all.

As for Gods and MVPs, in a server wipe, they get deleted, period. In a transfer, they should remain intact if they're legit. Yeah, this would inject more gods and MVP cards into Renewal, but characters coming from  the Classic server would already be at a disadvantage due to the difference in max level and also being geared for a server with different mechanics. On top of that, there's so many issues with a transfer that I mentioned before.

#68 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:04 AM

is "the current user base didn't want to compete" actually a reason for a wipe?

seriously?

There is a difference between wanting to win and wanting to compete.

Then there is a difference between being able to compete and being competitive.

The general population just wants to win and does not care about the competition, that is why they will all herd to what seems to be the winning or more favorable side.  They don't actually care about competition and will be happy to farm players over and over again because farming players is "fun".

Current woe environment makes new guilds unable to compete in any realistic manner without needing to put in much more effort to catch up than the current guilds.  This further pushes them towards just joining a side.  Obviously they will want to pick the winning side. 

Is "the current user base didn't want to compete" a valid reason for a server wipe?  No.  You can't change what is natural for player behavior, but the environment that behavior creates and if it is left unchecked and at such an accelerated pace does warrant a server wipe.  Developers need to be proactive about the eventual monopolization of wealth, this is what renewal addressed by lowering the relative power of end-game gear and creating a middle class in power for new players to achieve quickly so they can be competitive even when they don't have 10+ years of assets accumulated.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

The general population just wants to win and does not care about the competition, that is why they will all herd to what seems to be the winning or more favorable side.  They don't actually care about competition and will be happy to farm players over and over again because farming players is "fun".

Wrong.

Current woe environment makes new guilds unable to compete in any realistic manner without needing to put in much more effort to catch up than the current guilds.  This further pushes them towards just joining a side.  Obviously they will want to pick the winning side.

Wrong.

I'd love to invite you to my guild so you could see the real attitude of these players on classic. Last night I had a guild applicant and took them to the enemy guild spot and was pretty happy to let them have him (and this is not because I don't like this person or w/e, it is because we want the other guild to thrive) same with offering them god creations etc.

They don't have to fight us. They could fight eachother. We're not preventing them from getting any items, we're not blocking or monopolizing anything.

They just don't want to fight, period. They just want to farm empty castles.

If they don't fight, they're going to get slaughtered if there's a wipe. The more skilled/experienced players know what to do. might I point out that we all started on equal footing on Classic also. Infact I took Valhalla as a solo guild up against multiple alliances. Actually being proactive and taking part in the game, advertizing your guild, actually playing. THAT is why we're so big. It has nothing to do with winning or losing.

I refuse to defend a castle unless I feel my members are capable. I won't put them into a situation where they will lose, deliberately. Who wants to stay in a guild that doesn't even try to learn? I wouldn't.

If they wiped it, it'd be the same leaders doing the same thing blaming everything but themselves for their losses.  So what is the point?

Edited by Xellie, 04 April 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#70 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

Current woe environment makes new guilds unable to compete in any realistic manner without needing to put in much more effort to catch up than the current guilds. This further pushes them towards just joining a side.

Offering a "practice woe" might be useful. This would be a perfect environment for newer guilds to learn how to actively participate in woe and older guilds could lead by example. It could be hard to learn when battles are over so fast simply because of insaine burst damage due to working on strong gear or a large number advantage (making it have no gods/MVPs would assist in this). Could offer a friendly and fun environment for people to come together to have some fun! Rewards for a short (1hour) practice woe doesn't need to be too high to prevent free farming.

It's all about having fun right? Have fun and learn all at once, amazing!

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 04 April 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#71 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

If they need a practice woe do they also need practice mvps?

#72 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

1. In the current state of things, a large chunk of the Classic community is gone.
  2. That being said, while I do not know why they left. I do understand some left because they felt the server was soiled by exploits. A wipe re-attracts them.
  3. The population may have recently jumped on Classic because of Spring Break or the Philip RO merge. (Not your undying love for newbs)
  4. So... We should leave a low population Classic open... because you already won... and don't want to win again on a fixed server with a possible population increase..? Sorry, but 'winning' Ragnarok isn't a reason to stop a server wipe.

You can have opinions and they're great. But tone down your aggression. These people in this thread are concerned with the future of Classic. Not trolling the people who have rare gears and many chars on the server. We've clearly been discussing ways to make a wipe smooth and what would be desired in the situation of a wipe. We've also discussed the problems with the server and what we think can bring back a population. You however... I'm curious what your motives are in this thread. So far your past 2 posts are pretty aggressive. Knock it off, please. You're not helping anyone stay on this server by trolling them. The place is stale enough without trolls. Thread is gonna get locked and we're just gonna lose another good discussion over trolling. 

Like I said, this community needs to stop being so damn negative. Shine a positive light on Classic and help come up with a solution to fix the server. Don't start attacking people because they show a desire to fix save this server.

TLDR; Stop trolling.

EDIT: Fixed to Save

1. Under population isn't a valid excuse for a wipe, more people will give up than return.

2. "Server exploits"? That loosly falls under the catagory of "people have -_- I don't have." and while I can understand certain other things may be causing small discomforts I have yet to see any. Would you mind elaborating? I could cry "loldupehax" too and it would still mean nothing without given and specific reasons.

3. I never said it was my undying love for newbies. In fact, to assume I stated such would be rather silly, and it seems you're grasping at straws for a means to attack my statements.

4. Yeah, all that +4 gear of mine, and that really OP +5 battlegrounds whip I use to level with, I've really won. Again, you're just trying to find a way of attacking me because you're pissed off.

Try to, instead of you know, being aggressive and looking for windows to attack and discredit my statements, come up with a more constructive post. We're trying to discuss the future of this server after all, and there's no reason to be attacking and trolling each other, regardless of our differences of opinion.

Oh, also, you can infer whatever you like as to how aggressive I am, or am not. The fact is I'm actually being quite civil, and besides the liberal use of the word bitching I've done little to warrant an attack. Granted, I've been trying to address Schia's incessant urgings for a wipe, but the fact is if I used the word nagging, complaining, whining, crying, pestering, or several other words, you'd still see it as an attack, and still go all white knight on me.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 04 April 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#73 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

If they need a practice woe do they also need practice mvps?

Could always use more bosses imo. :P

#74 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

Click. Passive aggressive trolling? You're clever.

1. How do you know?

2. That loosely falls under the category of people getting stuff way before they should. A large amount of rare items in a short time isn't good. Especially if people have been talking about cheating for years now.

3. Fine I took a jab at you. My opinion still stands, Spring Break and pRO. Maybe some players are coming back, but eh a wipe is a faster solution. (Our argument)

4. You said earlier people wanting more than they're willing to work for? Bro. We're suggesting removing all of the items and re-working to get them. You were advocating that we are complaining about people who have much better gear than us. I was letting you know their success doesn't stop a wipe. There have been many servers shut down in the past. Some servers never got to keep their things. However they continued to play the game elsewhere... If people want to play they'll play. But if you have such weak gear, I don't see why you're cursing a reset.

#75 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Nah, the idea of reimbursement wouldn't work. Your talking about WP spending thousands of US dollars if not tens of thousands paid to players with no guarantee that it'd be spent on the game again. People who used to play would come back just to get their money and be gone just as fast. Besides, what about the stuff bought from the Kafra shop then sold (or bought) in vend or broken in upgrade attempts? Reimburse those as well? No, I don't think that's a good idea, IMO.

My proposal wouldn't hurt anyone, but I still think it would hurt Classic more than save it in the event of a wipe. Instead of reimbursing, just give us our Kafra shop stuff back after the wipe. But either way, we lose more players than we gain. Not a good option. Maybe a last resort, that's all.

As for Gods and MVPs, in a server wipe, they get deleted, period. In a transfer, they should remain intact if they're legit. Yeah, this would inject more gods and MVP cards into Renewal, but characters coming from  the Classic server would already be at a disadvantage due to the difference in max level and also being geared for a server with different mechanics. On top of that, there's so many issues with a transfer that I mentioned before.

why would they spend money to reimburse?  If you spent a total of 2k KP then your account gets 2k KP added.  Why would they pay the players?  That is financial suicide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users