Bound/Lock System and Drop Tables - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bound/Lock System and Drop Tables

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

After some months, I logged into the game last week and saw some weird changes that were made to the game, along with the incredible low ammount of players

compared to the last time I played. I don't hope this post to be taken into any consideration, but I love this game and I want to try a last attempt to help.

I usually see people talking about class balance (balacing discussion is something that is never perfect, and will never end for any online game). If you want to balance

the classes, I suggest first reducing the number of skills, and starting from something simpler.

But that's not the point here. I realized two things that I think are the bigger issues: 

Character/Account Bound and Locked Items

Character or Account Lock for PVP and Dungeon equipments is a good idea. However for everything else, like craftable and droppable equipments, the

bound system definitely doesn't fit rose. Most part of rose online gameplay focuses on leveling and playing with different characters, and trading a lot of 

equips. Locking these items will only discourage people to play with different characters.

Drop Tables

I have no idea what happened to the drop tables the last months, but the way it's now is totally disappointing.

The first issue, there's an overload of useless craft materials. Craft is fun and part of rose, but these dropped materials are not used, because people don't

buy what is crafted with that, and of course,  artisans will not buy these materials. What remains are chemicals and catalysts, usually dropped from bosses.

Catalysts and equipments should drop equally from every mob in the game, not only higher tier mobs (with exception for bosses, that would still drop the better quality).

Next, the bonuses for different sets like Dark, Legendary,... should be good enough to make people interested in buying and selling those sets.

What I see now in the game economy is a flood of costumes, collectibles, gems and some high-level equipments. They are all expensive, and only old players will

trade them. New players will not have ways to get enough zulie, and will not even find low level equipments for sale.

Both servers are the same, the server merge will not make any changes to this.

The first step to fix this is making all or most of the areas profitable for farming. This way people will make characters in different levels for different farming

locations, increasing the need for a wide range of level equipments, making a more diverse market.

And that's all. Thanks and goodbye for now.

Edited by Paulera, 05 April 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

About the mat drops. 

There's plans [and hopefully soon at that] to have professions for us to use. The artisan will obviously still be given perks towards those crafting though no details are revealed. However to supplement the Artisan it's planned to get some group support I believe is the talk.

As far as the bindings, I think it'll make significantly more sense once that profession update is in effect. As you can just craft as you go while leveling. And if you level multiple chars at once, you can grab all the professions and keep a full gear routine going for all your chars at once. So that'll be nice for sure.

As for the econ side [the collectibles gems etc] well, they are collectibles. Things that came out when those old players were playing, so they have sentimental value and will retain it for sure. Whenever I play a game I don't ever expect to get the old cool stuff, like when I played WoW, I had zero expectations to ever get a warglaive or thunderspear. Just wasn't gonna happen. And it didn't bother me, but I suppose that's because they're not all over the market. Which is kinda where I hope somehow they're restricted slightly heavier then the standard things. Or something to take that in-your-face bulk stock away from the constant public view.

The gems though, those aren't hard to get at all, and if they're made into a profession craft them pfft no value, so I'm really waiting for that update to happen before I really comment on where I think the drop system tiself should go, perhaps with this knowledge you'll see it might be worth the wait to see it as well.

#3 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

Actually, locking certain equipment causes people to play different characters if they want the sets on those characters because they can no longer earn one set and pass it around endlessly. Perhaps the trade system doesn't fit our old idea of what Rose is but remember, this is Rose Evolution and by definition the word evolution means change. The trade system has been in place for over 7 months now and it won't be changed as Leo has stated countless times. It's not so bad once you get used to it. If you have just recently returned to the game and have equipment locked on a vending character or something, you can make a ticket and it's possible that support will move it one time for you to another character or account.

In case you want to see the whole trade restriction system, here are links to the two topics where it is explained  http://forums.warppo...n-thursday-717/  and http://forums.warppo...n-thursday-724/

As for the drop system, that was also changed several months ago and here is an explanation of that http://forums.warppo...-help-requests/

There was a pretty neat change to the gem system. We are now able to gem every piece of equipment and also move substats from one item to another. Here is the info on that  http://forums.warppo...e-check-it-out/  There are certain restrictions naturally, but it totally changes how you can equip a character and opens up endless possibilities. Be sure to check the Wiki for a complete list of the gems as well as the possible substats from crafting and drops now.

Just returning after a break, I can imagine that the changes from this past year are probably confusing and overwhelming but give yourself some time to adjust and you will begin to see the benefits to them.

#4 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

For the past updates, even not playing I'm aware. Not only for personal preference or issues, but I made this post looking more for the experience general players and new players

could have.

I like the drop system update in july, however I think catalysts (that are much basic stuff for refining) are way too hard to drop. And equipment sets that are considered very rare,

are not so worth to be considered very rare drops. The bonus thing should fix this when it's complete though.

The possibility to drill and gem all pieces is a nice feature. Even when a player finds a piece of equipment with bad stats, a gem can be placed to make this part

useful. The stats transfer for another equipment however is way too much expensive.

About the bound system, I always want to trade between chars and accounts some equips, unique weapons, masks, ring sets, karts and other usefull stuff whenever I want to level or test

something, and this system prevents all of this. It's a huge problem equip individually each character with the same items multiple times.

And about the collection, I see no problem with that, I love costumes and collecting some items. But I want to see more variation, specially for equipments with different prefixes

and stats, for all level ranges. I don't see good reinforced equipments, os any of the exalted weapons anymore. Good equips below level 200 are hard to find. When you find something,

it's extremely expensive.

Anyway, I'm not aware of the future plans, like the professions. Let's wait and see what happens, but I still think the drop tables and the bind system should have some changes

at the moment.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

I can come up with some suggestions for a few upgrades for when the profession system comes out, that could relieve some of your concerns if you'd like. I don't exactly have any 'sway' with anyone, but I do have the necessary tools to look into the details and come up with some balanced items that stay within parameters of the new goals. Would that give a little relief? 

#6 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

Wait arti's wont be only class who can craft anymore :o? *dislike*

#7 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

I can come up with some suggestions for a few upgrades for when the profession system comes out, that could relieve some of your concerns if you'd like. I don't exactly have any 'sway' with anyone, but I do have the necessary tools to look into the details and come up with some balanced items that stay within parameters of the new goals. Would that give a little relief? 

Thanks for the feedback. For now I don't think we need to worry about this, when this new profession system comes out there'll be a lot of good topics to discuss about, and 

of course I'll login into the game to check out all the new features, like I always did.

But even then, I don't see any sense making a profession system for rose, and will not solve any issue I stated here.

Edited by Paulera, 07 April 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

Wait arti's wont be only class who can craft anymore :o? *dislike*

Artisans will no longer be the only ones able to craft, but they will have a different ability than the other classes. Just wait and see. :P

#9 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:17 PM

Artisans will no longer be the only ones able to craft, but they will have a different ability than the other classes. Just wait and see. :P

awe but i made my arti special for crafting :p_sad: , well now i got curious tho. but tbh i kinda sad cuz this makes the game looks like other game i play lots. i loved rose since its diffrent and its getting the same more and more. But no worry i will stay always, you guys wont get rid of me :p_idea: . i will find a way to keep enjoying playing after every change :p_hi:

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

1 stop whining

2 there's a reason the vast majority of games support crafting via professions and not by the 10+year old system ROSE is using. It's more balanced, fair, and makes more sense. 

#11 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

1 stop whining
2 there's a reason the vast majority of games support crafting via professions and not by the 10+year old system ROSE is using. It's more balanced, fair, and makes more sense.

Wasnt whining just needed to get used to the idea and i play other games who have it. Its just we got special craft class and then making crafting for all seems semi weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users