Actually Take Botting Seriously or Remove Botting Rules - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Actually Take Botting Seriously or Remove Botting Rules

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'm seriously to the point where I'm considering downloading a bot since it seems every other player in the game is constantly doing it and getting away with it.  People bot for aloe/elunium/oridecon/etc to sell on their merchants, bot for levels, bot for everything.  It's blatantly obvious when you walk into a map and all the monsters are nowhere to be found except for the one place the bots never go to.  In Umbala if you walk out of the south entrance on any day when I have not been there (as I actually play the game) and go to the northeast section of that map, on the section with three dead ends you will find every monster on the map (because bots turn around before entering this area).  If you go one map south of there, there is a section of the map on the top right which is separate from the rest, and you will find every monster on the map in that little area (which by the way makes them impossible to kill for quests because there are literally 40+ monsters on your screen when you walk in and they instantly mob you to death).  If you want screens of this I can provide them.  Please actually do something about botting players, or just eliminate the rules against botting because you obviously don't take them seriously at all.

#2 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

just level up dude. Then do instances run. Only hunt thing when you really need it, or need the zenny. Botting is wrong, but without bots, life in Ro can be very hard. So yeah, cant live with them, cant live without them :p_swt: .

#3 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

I'm seriously to the point where I'm considering downloading a bot since it seems every other player in the game is constantly doing it and getting away with it.  People bot for aloe/elunium/oridecon/etc to sell on their merchants, bot for levels, bot for everything.  It's blatantly obvious when you walk into a map and all the monsters are nowhere to be found except for the one place the bots never go to.  In Umbala if you walk out of the south entrance on any day when I have not been there (as I actually play the game) and go to the northeast section of that map, on the section with three dead ends you will find every monster on the map (because bots turn around before entering this area).  If you go one map south of there, there is a section of the map on the top right which is separate from the rest, and you will find every monster on the map in that little area (which by the way makes them impossible to kill for quests because there are literally 40+ monsters on your screen when you walk in and they instantly mob you to death).  If you want screens of this I can provide them.  Please actually do something about botting players, or just eliminate the rules against botting because you obviously don't take them seriously at all.

It's not as easy as you think. 

You can do your part here: http://forums.warppo...ates-requested/

#4 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

just level up dude. Then do instances run. Only hunt thing when you really need it, or need the zenny. Botting is wrong, but without bots, life in Ro can be very hard. So yeah, cant live with them, cant live without them :p_swt: .

life is extremely easy on the other official english renewal server where bots are constantly banned throughout the week and maps are kept clean. bots arent going to disappear since they make the numbers look bigger which to the big boss and kro probably makes the game look much more active and worth the investment or sets better grounds for renewing a reasonable contract

#5 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

i take my statement back  :p_laugh: ..
without bots, bomb will probably cost more. So gene cant easily mvp as they used to be. this will allow other class to take more mvp.  :ok: 
 without bots, slims cant be made in insane amounts, so yeah, more people will depend on :no1:  AB heal during instances, ET, woe. or you know, other healing methods.
 without bots, some cards value probably will increase :ho: . To name a few AS, AK, Marc, Phen. Hey, i also want to see a time where AS card worth 100mil  :rice: without bots, zeny sink probably will left a deep impact to the market :pif: . After all, we all need to sell thing to npc to get zeny.

so yeah :p_smile: .. it seem to be very fun. The world without bots. Oh~ how nice if it can be true.

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 08 April 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#6 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

^ Oh my gosh...

#7 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Do we need to defend bots here. Should it be so easy for biochemical to win mvp by buying botef bombs, maybe we as a community should stop buying bombs and dead branches until the bottlers realize they can't make a profit. Or I guess those poor farmers in developing country would stop because they can't profit, only because seeing a bot hurts and know our hard work doesn't equate equally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users