Community Report: April 8, 2015 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Community Report: April 8, 2015

20 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

April 8, 2015

Hello!

The Volunteer Community Representatives (VCRs) would like to extend a warm welcome to our new players from Taiwan! If you have suggestions or need help with something, you can contact one of them for assistance. On the forums, they have a pink tag under their user image that says “RO2 Community Representative”.

Due to last week’s unusual maintenance schedule, we ended up skipping a week. This week’s report will cover both weeks.

Hot Topics & Known Issues

• Spring Event: The Spring event was patched to the test server later than we’d have liked for testing, so it’s been delayed a bit. Don’t worry, there will be an event!

• Broken Loot System: We’ve been made aware of this and have started running some tests and investigating it. As soon as we have all the necessary information and evidence, it will be reported.

• Hot Topic: Boss drops being based on channel - if you have evidence of this, please PM me (Njoror) with the information or send in a ticket at http://support.warpportal.com so we can get it looked at. Please note that we have yet to find any conclusive evidence of this yet, and you should continue to fight bosses as normal.

Bug Report Summary

Reported issues are given one of the following categories:

• Critical - these are bugs that have game-breaking implications, interfere with gameplay or combat (especially PvP), or are exploitable.

• Moderate - these bugs present an annoyance to users, may confuse or frustrate players that don't understand them, but don't have a major impact on gameplay.

• Minor - these bugs are mostly visual issues or quirks; they don't actually have any substantial impact on gameplay but should probably be fixed anyway.

• Tweak - this is a suggested change to an existing part of the game that isn’t working right. Tweaks are lower priority than Minor, but are still evaluated by the development team.

For certain issues, we may ask members of the community (you!) to help us gather some information. These will be listed under “Needing More Information” with a description of what is being requested. Work will continue on the issue as normal, but will go faster and/or be more beneficial to everybody with your input.

Recently Reported

• [Critical] Insomnia soup duration is listed as 60 seconds.

• [Critical] Time on player buff duration

• [Moderate] Master Level Display in Find Party

• [Critical] Renamed HHB in Chinese Language

• [Moderate] Divided Plain Bridge *deathtrap*

• [Moderate] Stellaria and Rudbeckia Reset on Freeze

• [Moderate] +80 Bind rune cannot be inserted in Eddga Accessory

• [Moderate] Double listed Kafra Shop items

• [Moderate/Minor] NPC Can Be Killed using AOE Skills

• [Minor] [Quest Starter] Rare Jellopy - Drops after completion.

• [Minor] Exchange NPC Title is wrong

• [Minor] Short Flight Buff Reset

• [Minor] Honing Magic Attack unusable on armor, but not stated in description

• [Minor] Missing NPCs / Locations in map - more info added

• [Minor] Wizard Flame Explosion "F" Key always prompts when Seal Explosion is active

• [Minor] Lord of Vermilion ground texture is too high - clarified some information

• [Minor] Character transfer doesn't show the proper level, class or class icon

Needing More Information

• Players from Taiwan experiencing loss of runes and/or seeds in their gear. If you or someone you know is experiencing this, get a screenshot that includes the character name and the affected gear. This screenshot can be posted right in this thread (don’t know how to post images? Use this guide: http://forums.warppo...e-forums-guide/). If possible, please include the screenshot in [ spoiler]spoiler tags (without spaces)[ /spoiler] to avoid unnecessary loading.

Recently Fixed

• [Minor] Invisible wall in Divided Plains missing for the Crack of Despair.

• [Moderate] Knight Petit Rein is now functioning properly.

• [Minor] Female Ranger (and, by extension, Archer and Beastmaster) dances have been fixed so they now loop properly.

• [Minor] Short Flight Buff Reset

• [Moderate] Description for the Beastmaster Rank A quest item was fixed to be clearer.

• There were none this week due to the short time between maintenances. Any bug fixes that otherwise would have been added this week are being saved up for next week.

#2 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

Update:

• Wizard's Flame Explosion being available on the F key prompt was confirmed fixed.
  • Short Flight visually resetting buffs was confirmed fixed.

We confirmed these fixes at about the time this was being written, but they didn't make it in to the topic's post.

In addition, this was reported at about the time the post was initially written but missed being added:

• Obtaining Rune Enhancement Elixirs from Pandora's Box has been reported as a bug, as they are no longer available in the Kafra Shop (due to them being next to useless). The immediate suggested fix for this is a permissions adjustment, allowing players to either Destroy or Sell the item to remove them from bags and storage. In the long run, we will be looking to find alternatives to the Rune Enhancement Elixirs. We will need 6 replacement items for the same rate, or potentially 1 item at a combined rate (I'm not sure how the Pandora system works and/or if the developers would have a problem with combining the Elixirs' spots in the box to one spot, so no promises of that). In addition, we'd like to replace some/most of the old (1-50) crafting ingredients found in Pandora's Boxes, the exceptions potentially being Yggdrasil Concentrate and Gold Ingots.

Sorry about that! We'll try to do our checking ahead of time in the future.

:p_smile: 

#3 chaoosID

chaoosID

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

How about BT?

#4 IANVARIVS

IANVARIVS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:04 PM

Dunno if these for [Tweaks] were reported before:

• BGM stops playing when entering the zone where Prontera AH is.
  • Kafra Jakiya and Warda in Morroc have the opening spiel designed for Transportation Kafras: "Ready where to go/Where can I send you! All payments are in advance." Instead of the usual Kafra NPC spiels.
  • Kafra Anellie in Morroc has the opening spiel "Opening Storage" even for Save Point service.

#5 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

How about BT?

#6 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

Needing More Information

• Players from Taiwan experiencing loss of runes and/or seeds in their gear. If you or someone you know is experiencing this, get a screenshot that includes the character name and the affected gear. This screenshot can be posted right in this thread (don’t know how to post images? Use this guide: http://forums.warppo...e-forums-guide/). If possible, please include the screenshot in [ spoiler]spoiler tags (without spaces)[ /spoiler] to avoid unnecessary loading.

I had reported and explained the issue on the day of merge. refer to post #33 http://forums.warppo...h-notes-412015/

Seed runes used in TW server was capped in 30%, only Blue and RedSeed Runes available to hunt from bosses in Osiris Tomb.

50% Blue/Redseed runes is available but its not usable. we obtained it from greedy mines, and Forgotten Payon.

Greenseed Runes from greedy mines, HHB I, and Forgotten Payon is not usable as well, so there's no problem for greenseed for TW players.

Suggestion to fix:

make available the 30% capped runes in the database. its no longer drop from bosses here in iRO2, so i dont think its a problem. as this is a different type of seed runes, the runeholes on the EQ/Weapon have to be updated to accommodate the new rune as transferring rune is possible to happen.

#7 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:28 AM

50% Blue/Redseed runes is available but its not usable. we obtained it from greedy mines, and Forgotten Payon.

You might want to exercise cautious with your wording there, because I will totally twist your words and riot in forum if I don't know Taiwan players come in without their guilds and in Freyja only.      

#8 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

Wasn't broken tactics on the last report? And greenseeds in offhands? Where'd that go or is it officially time for everyone to reroll knight since it's twice as good as any other class? The hope of a BT nerf is the only thing keeping the server from rerolling it.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 09 April 2015 - 02:56 AM.

#9 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

You might want to exercise cautious with your wording there, because I will totally twist your words and riot in forum if I don't know Taiwan players come in without their guilds and in Freyja only.      

go ahead and try, it only made you stupid in the end, we dont mind the drama, like someone who thought he know everything.

Spoiler

Edited by Amilus, 09 April 2015 - 03:49 AM.

#10 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

@amilus 

I've seen two of your posts talking about the Runes issue; and it might be that other TW players just aren't fluent in english / don't watch the forums. Can we ask you to try and get screenshots or information from other players to further confirm your theory? It'd be easier to explain the situation to devs if we show that it's indeed affecting more than one player, and if it affects all gears or just a few pieces.

How about BT?

Wasn't broken tactics on the last report? And greenseeds in offhands? Where'd that go or is it officially time for everyone to reroll knight since it's twice as good as any other class? The hope of a BT nerf is the only thing keeping the server from rerolling it.

Their proposed change to Battle Tactics wasn't quite what we expected, so we're waiting for them to react on our feedback and see if there can be a different approach to it. Keep in mind the report is usually written by hand, so it might be tedious to keep mentioning something that has no updates yet, if there's something new that the community needs to know, you can be sure we'll add it there.

On a separate note, we're having technical difficulties with the ITS which is one of the reasons why stuff like the Spring Festival couldn't be tested more than once (so we can't confirm if they have changed something based on our feedback).

go ahead and try, it only made you stupid in the end, we dont mind the drama, like someone who thought he know everything.

Please don't start personal arguments here. If you have a problem with something that was said by another player, talk with our CM or one of the vmods. If said post was against the rules of the forum, you can use the Report button below. Just please don't take this thread offtopic as its objective is to be a link between VCRs and players for the good of the community (keeping you informed of what we're doing, and giving you a chance to help us through feedback/information).

Edited by faku1810, 09 April 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#11 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

Most of the drama here are caused by people who didn't know about something. 

#12 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:31 AM

@amilus 

I've seen two of your posts talking about the Runes issue; and it might be that other TW players just aren't fluent in english / don't watch the forums. Can we ask you to try and get screenshots or information from other players to further confirm your theory? It'd be easier to explain the situation to devs if we show that it's indeed affecting more than one player, and if it affects all gears or just a few pieces.

i can confirmed that all TW players i talked to on the 1st day having the issue, thats why i made the conclusion. i can post a few SS later. i think there should be 1 or 2 VCRs who know how to speak chinese, those from MY/SG, ask them to do an investigation on Freyja will do. they can take sample from TW guilds, like FantasyTW, IvoryTower, etc.

These are a few collected from public:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Amilus, 09 April 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#13 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

i can confirmed that all TW players i talked to on the 1st day having the issue, thats why i made the conclusion. i can post a few SS later. i think there should be 1 or 2 VCRs who know how to speak chinese, those from MY/SG, ask them to do an investigation on Freyja will do. they can take sample from TW guilds, like FantasyTW, IvoryTower, etc.

These are a few collected from public:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks! Just to make sure we have it right, I'm including what I reported. I've already put it in the "ready" list, so it will get reported as soon as Njoror does bug reports tomorrow. The character information is just so the developers have some characters to look up while checking for what happened. If I'm missing something or got something wrong, just let me or one of the other VCRs know and we can get it adjusted.

Date: 9 April 2015
Bug Severity: Critical
Game Area: Items / Equipment
Character Information:
MsAngelus Ranger ML35
Ultman
GuardianLuh
CuteMiao
SakuraDaidoji

Problem: Taiwan server had different redseed and blueseeds from iRO server, so the seeds and their holes have gone missing on equipment that had the seeds in them.

Should be: The seeds should be converted into the equivalent iRO item, and made visible & effective on the iRO server.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Put a seed of the Taiwan server variety in an item
2) Put the item in an environment with iRO settings

Videos / Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/8GvPpAY.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/NB2PQIB.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/3S13YRk.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/jIwCPyi.jpg?1

Edited by Emilizzard, 09 April 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#14 szk2

szk2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

IMBALANCE DOT PET DAMAGE

Pet Damage

Out of all of pet problems, pet broken part is actually DoT pet because the DoT bypass mob defense. If you analyze all of map updated by gravity since AoV, the developer were trying to add mob defense. The defense was increased little by little and most noticeable in Dark Whisper and Forgotten Payon map. Thus we could see that physical attack pet aside from have no movement decrease debuff, also have low damage. For example, Forgotten Payon map introduce highest mob defense among all of map released so far. Vador level 4 that could deal 75k on level 1-50 mobs currently deal only 10k damage on Forgotten Payon mobs. That is the way developer choosed to decrease both character damage and pet damage. However, DoT damage from pets remain the same.

On the other hand, physical attack pet currently are scaled down correctly with player skill damage which are reduced by target's defense. Note that, the critical damage of physical attack pet is also nerfed by 50%. On vador level 4, the crit damage is 13-17k damage only while the normal attack is 10k. Player skill damage is also in that range where I test on Forgotten Payon map on my way to reach level 35 cap.

However, the broken part of pet system currently is DoT pet. I further test mermaid pet too. Aside from the insane damage, the pet has movement speed decrease by 40% debuff apply. My crescentia Earth Worm skill decrease 70% movement speed and it stack with mermaid debuff which total to 110% speed decrease. The mob is completely stop for 10 second. From the test, mermaid DoT damage is 7k per second. Let say it ticks for 5 tick in 5 second (electrick shock debuff is renewed every 5 second interval), so total damage is 35k damage for every 5 second!!. Compare to Vador level 4 only deal 10k damage every 5 second!! It's 3.5 higher than Vador pet!! (Note that I exclude normal attack calculation for both pet which deal same regular attack for every 2 second).

So mermaid which is 3 star pet with 40% movement speed debuff deal 3.5 times higher than Vador, a 4 star boss pet!! It is so strange and illogical. And for FP grind party, I could see party use 2 DoT pet on Eddga Junior spot, which made the fastest kill I could ever see on FP map. Those cress only spam pet and not moving the whole time.

Vigor that affect Pet Cooldown

The other pet problem that has been addressed is player could summon 2 or 3 pet at a time. I believe that developer had revamp on this matter by making vigor a hard stat to get. The change could be seen in the new Eddga set which has very little vigor stat. Only few classes such as Soul Maker has high vigor remain to have high vigor rate. SM is heal class that is suitable to use low cooldown pet to help in leveling. Vigor rate for DPS class such as Crecentia has been scaled down significantly with Eddga set. If a low vigor class try to achieved more vigor, then the player need to trade it with a lot of primary stat (STR/INT/AGI/VIT) by using cards or accessory. Player simply cannot have both high damage and high vigor rate.

I believe DoT pet is a game breaking feature same as BT. If a crecentia use 2 DoT pet, he or she can easily outthreat tankers. Party with cress + mermaid could kill 10 eddga junior in less than 10 second instead of 30 second for other party.

I hope VCR can propose to developers to scale down DoT pet damage to be equal to non-DoT pet (like it was before AoV released). 

Edited by szk2, 10 April 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#15 szk2

szk2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

Sorry for double post. I notice SM buffs are bug. The buffs is stuck at 1s and no longer expired but the buff effect are expired on character window. When SM recast his buff, the buff does not renewed and stuck at 1s. I notice this bug last Saturday.

For a workaround, player can manually delete the buffs by right click on them but a proper fix should be done. Thank you

Edited by szk2, 10 April 2015 - 03:09 AM.

#16 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:45 AM

Sorry for double post. I notice SM buffs are bug. The buffs is stuck at 1s and no longer expired but the buff effect are expired on character window. When SM recast his buff, the buff does not renewed and stuck at 1s. I notice this bug last Saturday.

For a workaround, player can manually delete the buffs by right click on them but a proper fix should be done. Thank you

not only sm, other classes buffs too

Got bug yesterday while grinding, partymembers had same too only re-party fixing that

This bug is just visual tho, but still annoying

also you can't buy several skills or stats points from Dapara if you don't have enough free bag slots (just make them stackable)

Spoiler

#17 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

IMBALANCE DOT PET DAMAGE

Pet Damage

Out of all of pet problems, pet broken part is actually DoT pet because the DoT bypass mob defense. If you analyze all of map updated by gravity since AoV, the developer were trying to add mob defense. The defense was increased little by little and most noticeable in Dark Whisper and Forgotten Payon map. Thus we could see that physical attack pet aside from have no movement decrease debuff, also have low damage. For example, Forgotten Payon map introduce highest mob defense among all of map released so far. Vador level 4 that could deal 75k on level 1-50 mobs currently deal only 10k damage on Forgotten Payon mobs. That is the way developer choosed to decrease both character damage and pet damage. However, DoT damage from pets remain the same.

On the other hand, physical attack pet currently are scaled down correctly with player skill damage which are reduced by target's defense. Note that, the critical damage of physical attack pet is also nerfed by 50%. On vador level 4, the crit damage is 13-17k damage only while the normal attack is 10k. Player skill damage is also in that range where I test on Forgotten Payon map on my way to reach level 35 cap.

However, the broken part of pet system currently is DoT pet. I further test mermaid pet too. Aside from the insane damage, the pet has movement speed decrease by 40% debuff apply. My crescentia Earth Worm skill decrease 70% movement speed and it stack with mermaid debuff which total to 110% speed decrease. The mob is completely stop for 10 second. From the test, mermaid DoT damage is 7k per second. Let say it ticks for 5 tick in 5 second (electrick shock debuff is renewed every 5 second interval), so total damage is 35k damage for every 5 second!!. Compare to Vador level 4 only deal 10k damage every 5 second!! It's 3.5 higher than Vador pet!! (Note that I exclude normal attack calculation for both pet which deal same regular attack for every 2 second).

So mermaid which is 3 star pet with 40% movement speed debuff deal 3.5 times higher than Vador, a 4 star boss pet!! It is so strange and illogical. And for FP grind party, I could see party use 2 DoT pet on Eddga Junior spot, which made the fastest kill I could ever see on FP map. Those cress only spam pet and not moving the whole time.

Vigor that affect Pet Cooldown

The other pet problem that has been addressed is player could summon 2 or 3 pet at a time. I believe that developer had revamp on this matter by making vigor a hard stat to get. The change could be seen in the new Eddga set which has very little vigor stat. Only few classes such as Soul Maker has high vigor remain to have high vigor rate. SM is heal class that is suitable to use low cooldown pet to help in leveling. Vigor rate for DPS class such as Crecentia has been scaled down significantly with Eddga set. If a low vigor class try to achieved more vigor, then the player need to trade it with a lot of primary stat (STR/INT/AGI/VIT) by using cards or accessory. Player simply cannot have both high damage and high vigor rate.

I believe DoT pet is a game breaking feature same as BT. If a crecentia use 2 DoT pet, he or she can easily outthreat tankers. Party with cress + mermaid could kill 10 eddga junior in less than 10 second instead of 30 second for other party.

I hope VCR can propose to developers to scale down DoT pet damage to be equal to non-DoT pet (like it was before AoV released). 

I've been meaning to reply to this, don't want you to feel like you're being ignored XP

VCRs are very much aware how overpowered DoT pets are (and pets in general really). I'm one of those who wish to see an overhaul of the system. In terms of temporary solutions for Mermaid damage, there has been suggestions to make Shock a 2 second DoT. This goes for Ignite effect as well. This would bring the damage down to 2 ticks per 5 seconds rather than 5 per 5 (at least for Mermaid, I haven't tested all the refresh rates yet). I'd want to see the slow effect removed from Shock as well or at the very least nerfed so Crescentia can't combo it with Earthworm, but then that's just a personal opinion.

I highly doubt the developers put much thought into their gear planning. If they honestly cared, they would've looked at changing ALL the gears, they wouldn't have their ridiculous change to seeds (allowing most classes to actually get more Vigor than pre-FP). It's still really, REALLY easy to get high Vigor (Osiris Epic+ Cards, Red Seeds, Hones, Sapphire Accessory sets, Costumes, Buff items etc.). One alternative we're debating is whether pet cooldown should even be affected by Vigor, considering the collection of more pets itself already lowers the cooldown.
EDIT: I reread it. You mentioned about sacrificing a lot of primary stats, but to be quite honest, those stats don't make much of an impact on damage. You can easily have high enough damage to one-shot stuff while maintaining high Vigor as well. As far as I'm concerned, players currently do have both Vigor and high damage, which is of course a problem. We're hoping developers will address this as well.

I hate how reliant on the pet system the game has become. When pets replace actual players, that's a huge problem (I'm looking at you heal pets and DoT pets). ​When it comes to long-term plans, I'd want to see lower overall pet damage, but compensated by lower monster defence (can't get much higher lol, FP mobs are already at ~97% defence rate). We have a lot of ideas brainstormed for improving pet system, but just off the top of my head, more suggestions include cosmetic functions, a system with less RNG, and more pet use variety (let's be honest, we use maybe a dozen out of the 200 pets, that's boring). I'd also want to see that all classes can equally enjoy the pet system. As it is right now, there is no point in getting level 4 on most of the pets, and for the few that are worth getting to level 4, it's clear that it's a futile effort on certain classes (ie. Hypothetically, if my BM had a lvl 4 Mermaid, the damage would still be easily outshadowed by my Wizard's lvl 1 Mermaid and not be used in any boss/grind group).

If you made it this far, congrats. TL;DR, we'll make note of your concerns.

Edited by Arbalist, 12 April 2015 - 12:44 AM.

#18 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:49 AM

I really don't understand why is so hard to balance monsters and players together, Just a dummy example:

knight       lv50     40% def   1000 atk                          lv100             40% def   2000 atk       

assassin   lv50     20%def    1333 atk                          lv100             20%def    3000 atk   

monster    lv50    50% def     200 atk    Hp =3000       lv100             50% def     400 atk    Hp =6000

knight hit 1000 dmg - 50 % =500 damage                  lv100              hit 2000 dmg - 50 % =1000 damage

he will need 6 attacks to kill the monster                     he will need 6 attacks to kill the monster 

monster attack 200- 40% = 120                                  monster attack 400- 40% = 240

in 6 attacks he will deal  720 damage                          in 6 attacks he will deal 1440

if the knight has 900 hp he will survive                         if the knight has 1800 hp he will survive

assassin hit 1333 dmg- 50%= 666                              lv100 assassin hit 2666 dmg- 50%= 1333

he will need 5 attacks to kill the monster                     he will need 5 attacks to kill the monster

monster attack 200-20%= 160                                    lv100 monster attack 400-20%= 320

in 5 attacks he will deal 800 dmg so if the                   in 5 attacks he will deal 1600 dmg so if the

assassin has at last 900 hp he will survive                  assassin has at last 1800 hp he will survive

now lets see assassin vs knight:

knight        lv50    hit = 1000 dmg -20%= 800            lv100                       2000 dmg-20% =1600 

assasins    lv50    hit = 1333 dmg -40%= 800            lv100                       2666 dmg-40% =1600                        

so in a duel knight vs assassin they will die together or will win the fastest to hit the keyboard (remember i'm not talking about vigor cast speed and so on)

after established this you can tune up all the other things:

for example a knight can have 1000 hp instead of 900 this means being more safe in pve but the difference doesn't affect the pvp since an assassins still need the same number of hits to kill a knight but would be a better tanker in pve

or an assassin can be 2 times faster to attack since assassins are fast and deadly double the attack speed and halve the damage

lets take a ranger now he has  the luck to attack from the distance so someone could suggest to make their defence really squishy maybe a bit but why not instead tune the bow in a way that cause less damage if the target is far and based on target defence?

example a knight has a heavy harmor so arrows will do less damage to the distance but when near the damage is higher because rangers can target spaces between armor's parts and arrows can remain inside the unlucky knight because traped in the armor, instead a cloth armor get quite the same damage if far or near BUT they can attack from the distance too (see magic classes) so they won't be hitted without the possibbility to counterattack.

In a few words what i'm pointing out is that monsters and players need to have ALWAYS the same defence % higher level monsters need only to have an higher attack and higher HP in this way players of the same level will suffer the same % of damage by them but will be killed in the same number of attacks.

Off course if you introduce for all the secondary stats a level dependency in the way when you level up you will lose them stats and to restore (not increase) them you have to use the higher gear set.

example:

lv50

vigor 1000  the vigor is divided by level to know the vigor rate 1000/50=20% the cooldown will be 1.2 times fasters

defence 2000 --> 2000/50 =40% def

lv100

vigor 2000 the vigor is divided by level to know the vigor rate 2000/100=20% the cooldown will be 1.2 times fastersdefence 2000 --> 2000/50 =40% def

defence 4000 --> 4000/100 =40% def

the players has exactly the same stats but what's the difference? offcourse he is forced to acquire the new set that has 2000 vigor and that set will have a better weapon that will allow him to fight higher level monsters that have higher Hp and higher attack.

but if my defence % is the same how can I balance the damage received? Answer= more HP  not more defence, how many HP? balance the pvp hp and damage and only after give to the monster the right amount of HP and attack they need. 

These are some really semplified examples but I hope they will be enough to make you understand what I mean once you set some parameters the others are free to be used to create different classes:

a bear can have the cloth armor defence 20% and the knight damage 1000 he will still kill the monster but will need a bit more time suffering more damage to fix it the easiest way is to increase the HP amount

a beastmaster against a knight will deal less damage that an assassin and will suffer the same damage of an assassin but the higher amount of hp will force the knight to hit him more and will give time to the beastmaster to hit the knight more as well

#19 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

Honestly the vigor cap could just be lowered a bit to 50%. At 70% knights, SMs and BMs are able to perma stun and anyone has perma ymir at that point. Vigor affecting pet cooldown is one thing that could be looked at (AND GUILD SKILLS), but if you change vigor we might have as useless a stat as haste and WIS.

On the subject of pets, I saw a bear today soloing bosses with his 6k HoT assassin elder #totallylegit #level4bosspets

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 12 April 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#20 szk2

szk2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

If vigor is going to be nerf, the stat will be useless really. The reason why its easy to reach 70% vigor is Ymir give 15% acceleration. To fix that, we can make Ymir just reduce cast time and haste for 15% instead of pairing it to vigor. 

For permanent stunt fix, I suggest either of the following:

a - stun duration should not stack, it's the common way which also implemented other mmo game

b - like Frost Diver of Sorcerer skill, the target's will buff incur that will shorten the next subsequence Frost Diver cast. (easy fix, devs can just copy paste the formulae)

c - stun should not proc at 100% rate/duration on cast, instead it calculate based on target's defence. Tanker that cast stun on another tanker is less effective compare to dps and healer class. 

For one of DoT pet fix proposed was to make DoT tick on 2sec instead of 1 sec. From the calculation, that still make mermaid pet deal 1.75 time damage than other physical attack pet such as vador (4 star boss pet) for every 5 seconds. The damage should be revised too.

Thank you for at least comment on it :)

Edited by szk2, 17 April 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#21 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

If vigor is going to be nerf, the stat will be useless really. The reason why its easy to reach 70% vigor is Ymir give 15% acceleration. To fix that, we can make Ymir just reduce cast time and haste for 15% instead of pairing it to vigor. 

For permanent stunt fix, I suggest either of the following:

a - stun duration should not stack, it's the common way which also implemented other mmo game

b - like Frost Diver of Sorcerer skill, the target's will buff incur that will shorten the next subsequence Frost Diver cast. (easy fix, devs can just copy paste the formulae)

c - stun should not proc at 100% rate/duration on cast, instead it calculate based on target's defence. Tanker that cast stun on another tanker is less effective compare to dps and healer class. 

For one of DoT pet fix proposed was to make DoT tick on 2sec instead of 1 sec. From the calculation, that still make mermaid pet deal 1.75 time damage than other physical attack pet such as vador (4 star boss pet) for every 5 seconds. The damage should be revised too.

Thank you for at least comment on it :)

Ymir already reduces Cast Speed. I don't recall Ymir giving Vigor, but Acceleration affects only Cast Speed and Haste. I think you might mean Guardian however. Either way, I have 50% Vigor on a BM already, without much effort. There are many classes that benefit from having Vigor, including BM, which only needs 33% to completely change their skill rotation to replace Rage Smash for that OP Fury Strike. Just one of many examples. It won't be useless.

Combination of a) and B) is what I'd personally prefer, and I think that we're looking into that already. Stun is already affected by hit/dodge, no need to add more RNG to that. 

Obviously we don't want to look at just that one change for our pet overhaul. However, we are looking to get developers to change monster stats, because FP mobs having 96% defense is just stupid. If their defense gets nerfed, Physical pets will indirectly get a boost.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users