Well rounded 60 lvl magician>monk>priest build. - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Well rounded 60 lvl magician>monk>priest build.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WildDrive

WildDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

Final build:

http://irowiki.org/~...001015130000000

Okey let's start from the beggining.

Explanation:

Magician:

1/5 Mp potion maximization (i believe this one increases effectiveness of potions ergo it adds bonus to regeneration you get from potions (potion gives you 1200 so +10% you get 1320), basically it's useless. During my 1-60 lvl gameplay i used less than 100 potions (around 80 were mana potions) which is around 6 gold) 1/5 because you need it to reach slow heal.

5/5 Slow Heal In my opinion it's one of best skills in a game. It's like pernament potion if you got pretty decent hp (around 10k for me) the regeneration from this skill is almost enough to cover all the healing (in most of parties also). It's cast time also is very low (with acceleration it's 0) and it's mana cost is nothing (60 i believe per 30 seconds)

1/1 Blink You will use it once in year... Might be crucial in SOME situations but most of the time you will forget that you have it either way it's cheap and might save some gold/time in future

Meteor and Fortress. Those might be pretty nice when you start especially meteor (by start i mean till lvl 20) but once you reach monk and get difusion cannon you don't really need those anymore. If i have enough points i could think about adding atleast 1 point to meteor (bonus knock down and you can inconventionally keep urself in air for bonus second which might help you avoid tons of dmg).

Re-launch. Completely useless. It does nothing. 

Magician wisdom. Waste of skill points it gives less then 1/10 of potion (if you ever need those).

Magic enhancement 50 skill points are definetly not worth 100 m att. Sorry.

Focus It seems great but it works only with base stats. Basically you will receive around 300 m att for 85 skill points. Not worth it on priest.

Monk:

5/5 Difusion Cannon in my opinion it's your main dmg tool ( some ppl add 2/5 just to reach rain of fire but i find this skill way better than double shot) it makes farming very easy only problem of it is that you don't get ability bar in mission maps so it's hard to get SSS and farm items solo (this class has low skill pool in general and it's big problem of this class if you like to farm mission maps (tho party cover that up, alot of player like monk in their party so it shouldn't be a problem in long run))

1/5 Lighting strike Useless in my opinion, it's basically dash in which deals dmg, really? You want me to dash into monsters as monk? Add 1 point to reach rain of fire.

5/5 Rain of fire Very strong aoe skill, no cast time, low mana cost, big dmg, burn, your main ability bar gatherer in mission map. Get ready to use this one ALOT. And i mean it ALOT it's only skill you can cast just like that everytime you need bonus dmg. (your other aoe skill has pretty long cast time and it's risky to use it most of the time)

5/5 Casting Acceleration Great buff, lowers cast time by 0,5 second (for example makes slow heal instant cast), it's party buff which is very desired by classes with short cast times. Only down side of this one is pretty short duration i often forget to cast it (it's cooldown is almost equal to it's duration which makes casting even more painfull, but if you can bear with that then it will be great for you and for your party)

1/5 Detection Sounds great but you won't notice any difference as it works only with base m def.

5/5 Barbarian Very funny animation and very usefull  Both for pvp, pve, f7. Gives very long aoe freeze which might help you in crucial situations. You won't use it all the time but you will find it very usefull each time you decide to. 

Witch Curse It's pvp oriented skill, you can sacrifice skill like ressurection if you want more pvp oriented build. It's not very usefull in pve as it breaks once your target gets dmg, but in pvp might be used as start of cc chain.

Passives we don't use meteor or lighting so we can't even add them if we want but even if we could... They do basically nothing.
Hp recovery passive... (really? You are healer, slow heal gives 200x this passive) Just add 1 point to reach further skills.

1/5 Wide heal i don't like it's very long cast time and it simply doesn't heal much. Waste of points in my opinion i got it on my belt but i used it maybe 2 times in my game time. Add 1 point just to reach further skills.

5/5 Instant Heal Your main healing tool. It heals entire party (in range) for half of your max hp. No cast time, low mana cost and low cooldown.

1/5 Sanctuary Low heal, Low radius. Small area of healing. I heard it's only skill which can heal players on battle arena but apart of that it's not worth mentioning. Add 1 point if you want to have ressurection.

5/5 Ressurection I max it to lower mana cost as my mate tends to die alot. Very usefull skill which saves alot of gold/time in case someone dies. 1/5 is good enough 5/5 if you got points to spare.

Priest:

1/5 Staff Mastery 10sp=15%=135 matk 5/5=50sp=35%=315 matk. I leave choice to you. But it's best passive if you have spare points. You have to add atleast 1 point to reach other skills anyway.

5/5 StrikingPretty strong buff +500 m atk, p atk for your entire party. 

3/3 Emergency exitTeleports entire party in range to you and makes energy field (enemies can't dmg you) for 7 seconds. It's pretty usefull skill which might save you alot of times.

Double shotit's cheap, i use it only when monster attack me during difusion cannon cast and i don't get effect of it. Otherwise it was useless for me, it's harder to play with it compared to difusion cannon and dmg output is not so great. I feel like doing more dmg with difusion cannon.

5/5 Spark Rockvery strong aoe, it has pretty long cast time so you will use it mostly on dazzled bosses / stunned enemies but dmg it does is great.

2/5 Cure I don't think any monster will ever cast more than 2 debuffs on you, no point in adding more points in it. And if it happens then this skill has 2-3 sec cooldown and no cast time. 

5/5 HP Restore Very strong HOT, combined with slow heal you won't ever have to worry about getting killed during random stun by small groups of monsters.

1/5 MP Transfer add just to reach other skills, your teammates should use potions it's not your role to give them mana. Add 1 point to reach Quagmire.

1/5 Quagmire This skill is just deadly in pvp. Very strong slow, disables ability to jump/dash no reason to max it because it's cooldown is 10 seconds and maxing it only prolongs time of slow. Also it's pretty usefull in f7 and in crucial pve situations but it's mostly pvp oriented.

5/5 Muddy Mud Passive. It gives great boost to your Quagmire i suggest maxing it if you plann on using it.

Barrier/Energy Absorbtion It gives way too low shield. Not worth amount of points you would have to spend on it.

Chain Lighting;If you plann on solo'ing S+ missions then this skill is must have. Otherwise forget it. 

Perfect seal Few things happen when you activate this skill. First of all you are not able to cast spells for duration of this spell (10-30 seconds depends what lvl is your ability) Then for a duration of spell you get shield which makes you invulnerable to any kind of dmg for 10-30 seconds while you can x-attack. Skill is just priceless when you are solo'in. In general it's very expensive so you have to answer yourself how much you plann on solo'in. Personally i love it and i keep it maxed. 

Arc Sanctuary It doesn't give enough mana regen and wastes too much time. Not worth SP.

Blessing Another skill which sounds very good but it works only with your base stats basically what you will get is around 50-70 m att and defences. Not worth SP.

Pros & Cons:

+ Heals
+ Cast time buff
+ Ressurection
+ Strong single target dmg.
+ Consistant dmg.
+ Tools to make you and your party invulnerable to dmg while you can deal dmg.
+ Strong solo farming potential (apart of missions).

- Low amount of attack skills.
- Repeatable attack... Basically only one way to kill enemies.
- Your finger will hurt from spamming x.
- Your weapon will be destroyed very fast... (on the other hand you will make friends with blacksmith)
- It's very annoying to solo missions (you have only 1 aoe skill which means you can not get SSS on f1 solo unless you spend alot of time waiting for rain of fire cooldown) (addition of chain lighting changes it entirely) 

In long run it might be very boring character but it's very consistant and very strong. Gameplay is very easy in 90% of situations you just X-attack. Sometimes you use rain of fire on group of monsters. If you fight strong group of monsters (with cc/shooting/dashing) you might want to use barbarian or quagmire before hitting them with X-attack. On boss fights you use spark rock once boss is dazzled to maximaze dmg output (you can also use it before fight starts to deal dmg during animation).

Edited by WildDrive, 17 April 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#2 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:54 AM

Why max staff mastery? 35% base Magic attack isn't a whole lot.

I personally prefer chain lightning over rain of fire (PVE oriented) as rain of fire is burst damage, and we're a high dps class. Not to mention the cooldown, which makes getting a SSS rank INCREDIBLY slow.

I'm not getting into D-cannon vs Double shot, that's more a matter of preference. D-cannon is better for shotgunning bosses, D-Shot is much, much better on mobs.

#3 WildDrive

WildDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

Staff mastery doesn't scale with base m, atk from what i know. I think it scales either with base m atk of your staff or entire m. atk of your staff.

I checked chain lighting and I like it, alot. It's great in missions. 

If you want to do solo missions S+ then chain lighting is must have. 

I got to test 2 more skills.

First one is Arch Sanctuary.

5/5 =  270 mana. 5 min cooldown, 40 sec duration, regains 5000 mana.

This sounds really tempting if you think about it. You rest for 40 sec and u get half of mana. On the other hand potions are very cheap so you can get it back easily w/o spending so much sp. 

My final opinion about this one is ... Even If i have spare SP then i wouldn't max it. Reason? You got to wait 40 seconds in which you will make more cash than it cost to buy stack of mana potions. ;p

Second one is Perfect seal:

This skill is mystery for me. If it works like in description.

Ergo makes u invulnerable for dmg for next 30 seconds then it would be great for solo'ing bosses. 

Description in game says that you can't attack enemy either but on wikipedia it says that you can't only cast spells so i need to test it before i give my final opinion.

Edited by WildDrive, 14 April 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#4 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Base (or total) of weapon for that mastery? I may have to check that skill out! When you get a chance, can you let me know for sure? I'd appreciate it :)

#5 WildDrive

WildDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:24 AM

Hmmm after few  tests i can tell that on lvl 55 it gives exactly 315 matk.

I tested it with multiple weapons so yeah it's based on base matk somehow.

Still it's price is 50 SP. Compared to other passives it's best one if you have spare points.

On the other hand.

10 sp = 15% = 135 matk

50 sp = 35% = 315 matk

So best choice overall would be leaving it 1/5. :)

That leaves only perfect seal. I will test it in near future as i got rolled back to 0 and climbing back while testing stuff ^^.

#6 WildDrive

WildDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

Update: Turns out that perfect seal is probably best monk spell in general if you are solo'in.

Being invulnerable to hits while being able to x-attack for 30 seconds... Priceless. 90% of small bosses are killed before they can even start to hitting you.

#7 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:45 PM

I totally forgot to follow up on this! I took the time to test these out as well. Late-game, after finishing your equipment and such, staff mastery, and focus add a nice little bonus to your dps. Wide heal is very nice for Elga in a group, when people smarten up and stop running from heals. I also personally invested in blessing (as my last skill) for the tiny damage boost.

Perfect seal on the other hand. I got excited about this one, to make Paris a pushover. Nope. You can still kill yourself with reflected damage while using this. I opted to ignore it.

Edit: I know you're talking about level 60, but I'd figure I'd drop an endgame perspective in as well

Edited by ManItsMike, 20 June 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

If I may leave a comment about Focus : it gives 20 INT along with 24% base MATK. It's about 450 MATK at level 75, and it also increases the size of you mana pool, allowing to recover more with Z-combo.

While it may not sound like much, there isn't really anything you can pick with the points you'd put into Focus.

#9 TheCristall

TheCristall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

perfect seal doesnt help against ele dmg, so dont be surprised if you get dmg from elga or some other enemies while perfect seal is activated

i think its a bug that perfect seal wasnt corrected after ele dmg was released

in my opinion (as 85 invo with +20 legi pos staff) rain of fire gets weak once you have a +20 weapon, because you can do more dmg with x-spamming using d-shot than using rof, but its great to hit-stun enemies for some seconds and blink away, thats because x attack uses matk und patk from your weapon while skills use only matk or only patk (depends on the class you're playing)

First one is Arch Sanctuary.

5/5 =  270 mana. 5 min cooldown, 40 sec duration, regains 5000 mana.

This sounds really tempting if you think about it. You rest for 40 sec and u get half of mana. On the other hand potions are very cheap so you can get it back easily w/o spending so much sp. 

it works like sanctuary, if anybody got mp 10 times from the skill, it will disappear, so it only regens max 2500 mp for standing 20 seconds, and jeah you can easily earn money by using pots and do something within this time

focus is good for the first 20-40 lvl, when you dont have a good weapon, but afterwards it becomes useless.

If I may leave a comment about Focus : it gives 20 INT along with 24% base MATK. It's about 450 MATK at level 75, and it also increases the size of you mana pool, allowing to recover more with Z-combo.

not much people use Z-combo for getting mp back, probably only few know this, but inceasing max mp also let your resurrect cost more

recasting is annoying especially if the buff runs off and your mp get decreased to the new max

Edited by TheCristall, 11 September 2015 - 01:22 AM.

#10 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:49 AM

Focus increases my magic attack by about 550. In my opinion, the more expensive res, although it can add up, is a small price to pay compared to that, if you have the skill points for it, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users