Assistance needed for a returning player. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Assistance needed for a returning player.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Escthiil

Escthiil

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Or not. Depends if 10 years back is too large a gap.

I used to play Ragnarok roughly 10 years back, and left around the release of classes like "Champion", "Assassin Cross", etc. So I was just stumbling around today and saw that there's now an iRO. I was thrilled, of course. Looked into some of the info, there's a lot of new content such as new classes, which I have never seen before.

I'm not sure where to start but decided that I will try and decide what I want to play first which I have narrowed down to Rune Knight or a Royal Guard.

I'm a PvP-centric player. Back when I played, though, WoE or the castle war thing wasn't big. So I would like to hear how both classes fare in 1 v 1, 1 v many and group fight scenarios.

It would also be nice if I can get some information on what classes to look out for using either of these 2, in general. Just brief information will do.

Also, if anyone is feeling helpful enough today and am willing to show me the way back to the game, I will be delighted.

Thanks for any help in advance!  :p_laugh:

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

PvP and WoE?

RK, dont even think about a RG if you wanna kill in 1-1 in PvP/WoE

Also I would like you to consider other two possiblities, Sura and Shadow Chaser.

If you are not rich, you might make a SC but if you are rich and willing to obtain some high end gears, then TK or Sura.

#3 Escthiil

Escthiil

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

PvP and WoE?

RK, dont even think about a RG if you wanna kill in 1-1 in PvP/WoE

Also I would like you to consider other two possiblities, Sura and Shadow Chaser.

If you are not rich, you might make a SC but if you are rich and willing to obtain some high end gears, then TK or Sura.

Finally, a kind soul replies!

Thank you, Chakri. I appreciate the two cents.

I'm not the "Give me a build so I can own everyone else in 1 v 1" kind of person. I don't mind not being able to kill as an RG, if I can trade that off for survivability. That is, if multiple can't take me down as an RG Tank or something, I'm cool with that too. But I'm not too sure what the meta is like at the moment, so a RG may or may not be the tank around, so pardon me if that is not the case.

Sura was on my mind as well. I used to play a Champion back in the days. But back then, Asura Strike was the 1-Hit 1-Kill thing, and I'm not sure how that works now, with a Sura.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not looking for the "be-all end-all" build, but would rather play a class I like, so SC would not be an option of mine, due to its style or whatsoever.

Cost is not an issue at all.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

RG is now mostly an extra HP boost due to Sacrifice. So you will be very dependant on your responsible sacrificee(s). They cant really kill nor they can tank efficiently as far as my opinions concern here.

My other suggestion is you go and spend time in PVP, see what most class you see most commonly. That is a class that is good in PvP or it wouldnt be common. Makes sense right? :P

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 April 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#5 Escthiil

Escthiil

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

RG is now mostly an extra HP boost due to Sacrifice. So you will be very dependant on your responsible sacrificee(s). They cant really kill nor they can tank efficiently as far as my opinions concern here.

My other suggestion is you go and spend time in PVP, see what most class you see most commonly. That is a class that is good in PvP or it wouldnt be common. Makes sense right? :P

Aikes. That kind of makes me think twice about the RG, then.

I would, but I'm rather hesitant on wasting time and resources just to find out exactly what class I prefer. That's why I would rather decide before I even start, so I can dedicate all time and resources upon my choice.

#6 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

Keep it Simple, dont make your life complicated. Start as an Assassin class and if you want a Swordi, make a knight class first.

Even if RG do have a better start up then an RK leveling wise, RKs AoE´s later on are too good and partys will love DB + you have good PVP qualities.

Edited by RaohSung, 14 April 2015 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users