21 replies to this topic

#1 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

Hello I am thinking of joining iRO. Thing is I start from scratch literally without anything. My last knowledge of Renewal was about a year ago on fRO and they dont even have the 175 update yet. i dont know how that one is out in iRO yet though. And I also played Sorc in that time and quite frankly I don't know -_- about AB's but I want to go back to the roots kinda, since before I switched to Prof/Sorc I was a Priest main.

My goal is to play WoE at some point so obviously I need to figure out how to build this guy since last time I checked you cant reset or have to pay moneys for it.

I know Renewal mechanics, idk what happened in the 175 patch thing yet (gonna read on that just now) so I need help with how to build and gear my AB.

thank you in advance.

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

Gear wise you need the WoE set, which includes the WoE Robe, Muffler and Shoes.

As well as this the usual weapon of use at WoE is the Vellum Bible. The best shield for WoE is argueably a Valk Shield with Thara frog card.

Headgear wise it is best to get the Red Pom band over the Cat Ear beret simply because apart from them all reducing demihuman damage(Red Pom band says it reduces magic damage but it reduces all demihuman damage indescriminately) Red Pom band gives an extra +5 Hard Mdef.

You may look towards using two Black Rosaries at WoE to try and possibly get 100 Hard Mdef in order to avoid being frozen/ crystallized/Freezed.

Although you are an AB this does not mean you can slack off on bringing consumables, you are best to be stocked up both on bgems and white slim potions incase people will outdamage you per second and you pray your guildmates will save you in time before you get raped while spamming slims.

#3 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

Hi, thank you for answering.
Whoa, the WoE set has about 50 hard mdef? Thats crazy. With the mentioned equips I'd be at 90 hard mdef if i'm not mistaken. I could probably put cards in to get the desired 100 mdef, not sure if its worth though. Or is there any food im unaware of?

Also what about stats should I be aiming for? I've read stuff like
20-30 STR
100 Agi
100 Vit
100 Int
50ish dex
100 luk

looks so weird, but my best guess its probably to resist stuff like masquerade and mandragora howling. i suppose low dex is fine since we have sacramento anyways?

i think im cool w/ skillbuild but wouldnt mind suggestions either!

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

The stats look fine. I would personally recommend for WoE Bishops to have:

STR: 30-50

Its really dependant on whether in WoE2 you are someone who can build the Guardian stones, as that would mean you have to carry extra materials for building them. Its also because you may have more gears you wish to bring to WoE with you, I for one also have a Long Mace with 2x 4 Hard Mdef enchantments to give me that needed boost for the resistance to frozen/crystalization/freezing, and carry a set of replacement WoE mufflers and Armors with elemental resistance cards to swap over with in case I need to swap out the vellum Bible for healing and have to rely on 100% elemental resists to prevent status effects. An AB must be able to change for situations, although they are looked down upon, having an AB in a party assisting does make survival rates increase dramatically.

For your frame of reference, heres my current AB stat build:

STR: 40

AGI: 23
VIT: 100
INT: 130
DEX: 120

LUK: 1

People can complain that this is not an effective build if at all, but it works for me.

#5 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:09 AM

I feel like LUK has become a rather important stat. Do you actually heal in WoE now? As far as I can remember anyone who healed in WoE would get a slap in the face. I dont care about big heals so 130 int seem a waste (to me). But them im the "beginner" here.

Yeah, I figured you'd want to carry more than just your normal gears. You can actually enchant hard mdef on weapons? Dafuq. Last time I played all you could enchant was armor with the likes of +3 Dex and so on.

That was a while ago though. Is it even necessary to have high dex and int (as it reduces casttime, i know) since sacramento just seems so powerful to me that the difference in high and middle int/dex seems all but marginal?

Thank you for helping me so far and sorry for bothering you with this stuff, it seems I have a lot to learn.

#6 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

STR:1 (weight issues can be solved with gym pass)

AGI: 70ish (Cantocandidus + job bonus can reach the 100 for status defense)

INT: 120+ (for WoE I suggest the Adoramus+Silentium build)

VIT: 94ish (Laudas+job bonus can make it to 100 for status defense, anyways more VIT means more HP pool)

DEX: 80+ (More DEX helps with casting time of adoramus/silentium, also reduces the % of SC's divest)

LUK: Optional

The problem with adoramus build is that you're forced to use a specific gear (judgement set) and also you won't get the full build until job lv 50 (sacrament 5 + adoramus 10 = job lv 47) but with that you can easily 1-hit GX/SCs if they're not using GTB or wearing undead armor (used mostly stone/freeze defense). Silentium can silence these classes aswell if they dont have marduk card, 100 total int, or if the enemies are 16 or more levels below yours

#7 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

You're suggesting a offensive type of AB? I'd rather take a supportive role. Also why would I ever use silentium, as far as I know silence is -_- since you can just use green pots.

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

This question has been asked many times to people in the threads of AB information, my answer to it is a big fat yes.

Healing is, as the vast majority of the population assume, is looked nowadays as one of most retarded/stupidest/idiotic things you can be doing at WoE, because you could be using the time to Lex people, apply more buffs, and generally spamming pots through damage.

I am one of those in the minority that disagree. Healing in WoE is more to do with situations and the general knowledge of your guild. My guild is not very big so the most people online for WoE's are generally 8~10 people on a good day, therefore situations where 2 vs 5 or even as ridiculous as 1 vs 7 are possibilities, in those cases I would be throwing heals after the preliminary protection skills(pneuma) since potting through those situations are unlikely to succeed unless your guildmate who's taking the enemies head on is exceptionally well geared to the point 6 peoples worth of damage doesnt even dent him/her or the other side is just dealing terrible damage.
Healing further extends to WoE2 where it does become more important to be throwing heals(and Sanctuaries) at barricades and guardian stones when they are damaged, you often combine Highhealing, Sanctuaries, Renovatio and Epic tree's together to heal Barricades in particular at a very fast rate. I once remember when me and the other AB in my Guild outhealed the damage done to a single Barricade pillar for 15 minutes being fully bombarded by the near entirety of the enemy guild.

#9 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

I suppose there are situations where it's nice!

#10 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

The stats builds is around the same as adoramus one. The difference is that you need an unfrozen woe robe and a medusa carded shield for stone curse (the % of an enemy using stone curse is low tho) or a thara frog carded shield. Assuming that you will be ONLY supporting, you will be focusing more in aid behind instead of taking damage and stoned/frozen makes you totally useless, (unless you can reach 100 hard mdef). Hiding accesory for to avoid some skills (gfist, non-earth elemental AoEs, etc) and vellum bible for uber high heals.

Even if you thing silence is crappy, no one is spamming green pots (and some players even don't go with them) so the amount of time, even if its low, It can be helpful, more than you think. PvP & WoE has fast battles; 1-2 seconds with your enemy silenced can give you a higher chance of success.

Fast cast, low cooldown, and spamming colu/laudas/buffs/lex is basicly what an AB in WoE does

#11 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

And always remember, Pneuma saves lives.

#12 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:41 PM

For competitive WOE on Chaos an offensive ab is 100% useless unless you're in one of those smaller 10 man guilds who mainly goes around breaks castles and have a lot smaller fights. I'm not here to argue whether offensive AB is good or not, but you won't be accepted into a large WOE guild as an offensive AB w/o being asked to change your build into a supportive one.

In actual WoE, you'd need to be full support WoE build, not PvM build. They're completely different things. Both stat builds posted are not optimized for WoE.

Max weight and high agi are huge factors for masq resistance, and attack speed, which contributes to how fast you can recast pneuma and other skills. (60+ for each, recommend at least 70 for agi)

Survivability is key, and as is your HP mod. At 175, you can have a pretty impressive HP pool with the right buffs. Anything under 100 is just limiting your survivability, points over that is not a waste. It also gives howl resistance (110+)

Dex affects your cast speed, but in WOE you're going to be in strings most of the time, so you should get as much to cast fast enough it feels good for you. (80-90+)

For int, you only need enough for resistance, as dex is superior to int for cast time. (80-90+)

Luk gives minor masq resist rates, but is great for howl resistance, which is vital to an AB because a howled AB = other party members are most likely howled too. (77+)

#13 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

Thanks, the posts are definitely helping so far.

For stats I got this much so far:
50-60 STR
90+10 job bonus int
80 agi
100~ dex
110 or more vit
77 luk (its for the AA bonus thingy right?) i might put more luk idk

i easily get 100 agi with agi up

idk what to prioritize at this point tbh

still have about 300 points left

like wtf i have so many statpoints at 175

Edited by toastbr0t, 17 April 2015 - 12:08 AM.

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

If your getting the luk anyways for the AA you may as well get one more luk to make it 78 for the +1 matk bonus since there is no difference to your bonuses from 75-77.

#15 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:30 AM

I'm not sure if it's for the AA bonus or just some random number, Kami didn't go much into detail about this one except it giving resistance to howling.

#16 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

It is for the AA bonus in case you pvm on it as well. There really aren't too many mids AB can wear for WoE. Can do elemental reduc, Maya Purple, Orc Hero, AA for more hp (I doubt you'd be running at below 50% weight, and even if, WoE is SP intensive anyway to rely on AA's sp regen).

#17 ytmon

ytmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

Thanks, the posts are definitely helping so far.

For stats I got this much so far:
50-60 STR
90+10 job bonus int
80 agi
100~ dex
110 or more vit
77 luk (its for the AA bonus thingy right?) i might put more luk idk

i easily get 100 agi with agi up

idk what to prioritize at this point tbh

still have about 300 points left

like wtf i have so many statpoints at 175

Is this stats also good for MVP party?

Since I can't go WOE everytime due to the time difference i was wondering to make a FS AB Woe and MVP party type

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

I'm not sure if it's for the AA bonus or just some random number, Kami didn't go much into detail about this one except it giving resistance to howling.

If we want to optimize the best for the big three things about LUK, that is AA bonus, matk bonus and Howling resistance, then you must get 90 LUK, this will allow you to use the AA Bonus, be on your next matk bonus and be on the next flat Howling resistance %, per 5 Luk = 0.2% howling resist. Remember RO will round down numbers to the nearest % so having say 54 Luk is no difference as having 50 Luk for Howling resist.

Edited by Marty5337, 17 April 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#19 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:40 PM

Howl rate isn't based on base luck. It's based on total luck, let's say you're fully buffed: +2 from job bonus, +30 from gloria, +7 from vip, +9 from tako yaki, +8 from lauda, will all factor in. He want to go WoE AB, thus your matk attack factor is completely useless. If he doesn't use AAs, he doesn't even need 77 luck, just enough to where he feels as if it's enough for howl resist.

edit: I prefer 120 dex for a mvp ab, but it's not necessary. I just find faster cast more fun (plus I don't like using phen).

Edited by KamiKali, 17 April 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#20 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Is this stats also good for MVP party?

Since I can't go WOE everytime due to the time difference i was wondering to make a FS AB Woe and MVP party typet

the stat is fine for mvp.

just the str should be lower(0-30) and int be higher

but i dont see why u cant go mvp with that build

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

He want to go WoE AB, thus your matk attack factor is completely useless.

This really greatly depends. If he is in a smaller WoE guild they may want him to heal sometimes and the extra matk would help along with the vellum bible but I do see where your coming from. And I didnt say howling was only based on base luk, i just said he may want the luk at 90 so then he naturally will gain alot of bonuses without too much more investment if he didnt have time to use things such as gloria, run for VIP buffs and other such things, I should have made it clearer at that point.

Edited by Marty5337, 17 April 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#22 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

I do plan to pvm now and then but an AA card seems out of reach LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users