#1 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

So I was stumbling across the skills of RG for sacrifice and was wondering exactly how it would work with gtb.

Example : If I'm a 175 RG and my other party member is a gentic and we are popping BBs this week and happened to get an ifrit. When he starts to cast EQ or meteor storm, what happens when my genetic friend takes dmg? Or should he be wearing the gtb?

#2 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

I don't think gtb with sacrifice will allow both of u to be immune from eq. Based on my experience of killing ifrit with my friends you should be wearing gtb to make sure you are always alive and not run away and that ifrit is targeting at you. Because once you die or run away then ifrit switch to chase mode and his pattern of casting eq become hard to predict. I suggest you wear gtb, don't sacrifice your friend. Make sure you are tanking and not moving. Your gene friend can use token to ress himself and continue to acid bomb. When a group is fighting MVP, the most important thing is to make sure tank doesn't die. Anybody can die and AB can ress them. If tank dies, your team can be easily wiped

#3 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

Normally I use gene and my friend is a sura just using MS. As I kinda figured gtb with sac would be busted if it worked like that XD. And my gene just wears gtb cause the sura isn't gonna die anyways. Just trying to think of new ways to do it. Most def will try this tho.

I'm still wondering how it would work in terms of dmg but I can test that later.

Thanks for the reply!

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

As above person has posted plus:

Depending on your stats build, if you have Prestige active while EQ goes off, there is a chance you will dodge EQ, I have done this on my RG before so I know it works, it would seem Prestige works on all AoE, ground targeted, single targeted, radius around self magic as well, if you do dodge magic with Prestige, you even dodge status effects from them.

#5 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

I guess my main wonder is if i have gtb on, and can dogde the portion of EQ that hits me and my genetic friend is still hit; hopefully i can still survive as well as him/her.

good to know about prestige tho, thanks

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Well if your Genetic friend dodges the EQ via GTB and you dodge EQ via Prestige, its a win-win situation right there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users