Is FAW strictly better than HBP? - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is FAW strictly better than HBP?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

The MATK from HBP bonus wont help so much you with your heal amount, besides that the MATK bonus is useless in a FS AB.

As FS AB, you will be either casting buffs or healing players. So it's up to you if you rather want cast reductions (FAW with spell enchants) or healing boost (Archalgel Wing with heal enchant). HBP will help you only for greeding, wich goes against the AB's religious vows

#27 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

No love for us tanking FS ABs? :>

#28 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

Just to share my opinion,

HBP: good for tanker, cheaper than faw, more suitable for below 3rd job, mid game stuff

FAW: good for killers and casters, enchantable, more suitable for 3rd job because they have more stat points, end game stuff

B>FAW 100m :hinthint:

#29 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

The MATK from HBP bonus wont help so much you with your heal amount, besides that the MATK bonus is useless in a FS AB.

As FS AB, you will be either casting buffs or healing players. So it's up to you if you rather want cast reductions (FAW with spell enchants) or healing boost (Archalgel Wing with heal enchant). HBP will help you only for greeding, wich goes against the AB's religious vows

Pretty sure you overlooked the part where the main reason people suggested hbp for ab is 5% more neutral for survival, which should be ab goal #1, because a dead ab can't heal anyone.

#30 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Pretty sure you overlooked the part where the main reason people suggested hbp for ab is 5% more neutral for survival, which should be ab goal #1, because a dead ab can't heal anyone.

I didn't overlooked anything. An FS AB shouldn't be tanking or taking damage at all, and If It takes damage, the killers should pay attention to the surrounding mobs. Specially when the most dangerous skills are elemental and no normal attacks. Also no one mentioned they wanted a tanker FS AB

Pneuma/safety wall/KE/Praefatio/Assumptio and that 5% extra neutral won't be noticed and gives you the versatility of using any garment.

Edited by Astralslayer, 18 April 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#31 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

From a different point of view, you can get two +9 HBP(and have some spare change) for the price of one +9 FAW(not enchanted).

But yeah I prefer HBPs as they are more versatile and your other characters will be able benefit from it too, provided you have the required stats. 

#32 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

I didn't overlooked anything. An FS AB shouldn't be tanking or taking damage at all, and If It takes damage, the killers should pay attention to the surrounding mobs. Specially when the most dangerous skills are elemental and no normal attacks. Also no one mentioned they wanted a tanker FS AB

Pneuma/safety wall/KE/Praefatio/Assumptio and that 5% extra neutral won't be noticed and gives you the versatility of using any garment.

Personal opinion. I'd wager my AB can both heal better than you and tank better than your best tanker character at the same time. And FYI its way more SP efficient to heal yourself with a Ygg crown for extra when you're taking 200 damage, than spam heal on some eden gear wearing rune knight that's taking 900s.

#33 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

Now now ladies, the nipples are still covered and the breasts are still full.............all is right with the RO world.

We all know my AB can outheal everyone except for RG's using a +16 Shield with shield spell lvl 3.

The pro's with HBP on an AB is that it does give more neutral resist, and other goodies depending on stats, but the best thing is it does provide the same equivalent amounts to an FAW with less stat investment than FAW that needs stats over 100 to feel the exact same.

But FAW do have enchants which are also good........but I wouldnt care too much about spell enchants to be honest, because you are an AB and AB's need Int and Dex anyways.............No, what AB's need are AFTERCAST DELAY Reductions and Cooldown Reductions!!

Edited by Marty5337, 19 April 2015 - 12:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users