#1 Iasviel

Iasviel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

I managed to gather 6mil through farming aloes, yggdrasil seeds, and greeding in OD2 as you guys have previously suggested (TI map is... cluttered with all those traps and whatnot, it is obvious that I would not be soloing that anytime soon), hopefully that should be enough to trans a character and afford a Reset Stone to change to 3rd Job. The guides I found around the forum seems to point to either Geneticist, Guillotine Cross, and Ranger as the most suggested starting character.

Now I've read that Genetics are the high capital, high profit type so that one is definitely out of my list. But the community seems to be in limbo in deciding between G. Cross and Ranger as the cheapest and the least painful to get cracking on. So, which one do you think is the easiest to level and use? It need not generate high profit or zoom to level 99 lightning fast, but I need something with steady progress without needing a huge leap of gears. And also, can I do these Eden Gear Quest after being reborn? Janeway (bless her) didn't give my characters the whole set when I jumped. As always, any input is appreciated (if you have another good starting class in mind maybe?).

#2 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

You can play both Gx and Ranger on eden gears actually ..

yes you can do eden quests after transcending too

suggest making an alt account merchant to vend and overcharge sell and discount buy stuff

you could keep farming eden badges and sell rest stones till you get a ww set for the ranger for arrow storm.. gxes need morrigane set and 2x fortune swords as start up gears for tis for performing the role of a puller.

another thing to check is this : http://forums.warppo...s-here-for-you/

#3 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

it is easier to gear up a ranger compare to a gx.
standard gear for ranger is wws + elven bow and arrows.
standard gear for gx is +7/+9Hbp + leeching headgear + good katar (thanatos katar for leveling)+ edp

btw, "standard gear" doesnt mean that if you dont have this, you are completely useless. by "standard" it mean that using this gear, you can solo leveling pretty well, and go for the low~mid tier mvp. "standard gear" are gears that you should aim first. then improve it one at a time until you manage to get high end gear (the one with high refined, and perfect enchant plus godly card).

#4 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

If funds are an issue, i would definitely start with a ranger first. Ranger consumables(arrows) are alot cheaper than GX consumables(poison bottle), and Gene consumables(cannonballs/bombs).

Also gear/equip wise, Ranger has the cheapest setup compared to GX/Gene. Eleven bow and white wing set will get you very far on a ranger.

You could run a GX without edp, but late game edp really makes your life a million times easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users