Crash to desktop after character selection - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Crash to desktop after character selection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adamantia13

Adamantia13

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

I have the following problem:

After reaching the point, where I can select with which character to play and I click on "Start", the game shuts down and I'm back on the desktop.

I know that there are a lot of possible solutions for this problem; however, I tested all of them (which I found) and nothing works.

1. I tried changing the language of my PC to English (Singapur) and English (USA) (Since I'm from Germany)

2. I tried deleting the whole VIDEO folder (even tried deleting only the intro videos)

3. I tried to edit the RO2_Option file in the directory to "not" show the intros and opening

4. I tried to edit in "regedit": HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> MICROSOFT -> Windows NT -> Current Version -> FontSubstitutes and changed "MS Shell Dlg" and "MS Shell Dlg2" to Verdana (I read that in some forum)

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help either.

Please, if someone's come up with some kind of solution, I'd be very happy.

Note: Some time ago (probably a year or so) it worked on my PC. No clue why it's not working now.

Thanks for everyone who tries to help me. :D

#2 ch3n

ch3n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

If you haven't found any answer to your problem submit a ticket here https://support.warp...55-7b5cf5a9ed22

Upon submission of your ticket indicate the details of the problem and the things you have done to solve it so the support will reply without the redundant solution (if you're lucky).

You will receive a reply within hours to 24 hours depending on your timezone. The support is likely to be on the same timezone the server is.

#3 Adamantia13

Adamantia13

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

Thanks, I'm going to try that.

But I hope that someone else has found a solution for my problem. :D

Edited by Adamantia13, 19 April 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#4 Adamantia13

Adamantia13

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:44 AM

Well, I didn't really find a solution but it seems to have something to do with the version I downloaded from Aeria Games.

I tried downloading the steam version and it worked without problems.

So I figured that there must be something wrong with the launcher from Aeria Games.

Problem "solved". :D

Please close thread.

Edited by Adamantia13, 22 April 2015 - 08:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users