Reduce the price of Transing while Janeway is here. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Reduce the price of Transing while Janeway is here.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

I've been giving away zeny left and right, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed that you can't go hardly anywhere without someone PMing you for trans zeny.

This is what happens when you make it too easy for newbies. Laziness breeds laziness. 

Seems the simplest solution though is to just reduce the cost of transing (or make it free), so that players are not always asking, which inevitably gets on veterans nerves, which makes veterans start being rude to newbies, which makes newbies quit.

We love our newbies, we don't want the little beggars to quit :'(

#2 LTpain

LTpain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

I need to rebirth my rogue. zeny please. pm ign: LTpain

#3 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

Avoid hanging out at Izlude til Janeway is over would be the best option..

#4 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

every time there's a newbie doing that begging to be trans 

I always said this to them:

If you cant make 1.3m zeny in level 99 what more if you turn into level 1 trans. 

#5 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

I agree.

#6 Iasviel

Iasviel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Hm, that is really odd, what with the abundance of money making guides around. I started from absolute zero 2 weeks ago and I already transcended my Hunter. It really is not that hard, all you have to do is make an Auto-Blitz Hunter (they are very self sufficient and can hold their own against Kaphas, even as a level 70 nooblet), then make another account and slap a Blacksmith in it, then start dual clienting them both to get the Blacksmith's killcount (it took me 2 weeks because I went around and made a bunch of other chars). 

When all is done and good you'll have a level 99 Hunter and Blacksmith. The Blacksmith can start Greeding in OD2 and start making 1mil PER HOUR, I repeat, it is 1mil per hour for a total of 2 round trips. You can make an Acolyte to warp you to the entrance, or you can hang around Janeway and ask people to warp you (this can be pricey). This method easily covers your transcending expense, after which you can start playing the real RO instead of Janeway Online.

Sorry if I sound too aggressive.  :p_sad: I just can't stand beggars, especially in a game that does not affect your real-life lifelihood in any way. I even see chatrooms asking how to trans from time to time! I mean, you can easily google that kind of information! Do you even effort bro? I think the community have done well to welcome us Newbs and have held our hands long enough. It is time to get up on your own feet, or maybe find some friends. Pardon my English by the way.

P.S. : I read somewhere that the greeding method can depreciate the value of zeny on the server (?) so it may be best that you guys not resort to greeding forever. Zeny from NPCs should go to other NPCs I say. Cheers  :p_hi:

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

I dont mind nwebies asking for zeny and I dont mind giving zeny, not 1.285m each newbies though lol
They are just too innocent and I actually feel pity for them. What on earth have they got themselves into this game lol

#8 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

Non-VIP newbies

Day 1-

1. Use janeway to level up to 99 on all three character slots. (Make sure at least one of the slots is used on a merchant class)

2. Join a party and run all three level 99 characters through Gramps turn-in. (Get 6 eden merit badges total)

Day 2-

1. Run Gramps turn-in one more time with one of the level 99 characters (Now have a total of 8 eden merit badges).

2. Trade in the 8 eden merit badges for one magical(reset) stone from "Merry Badger" NPC.

3. Use your level 99 merchant class to vend magical stone for 5m.

4. BOOM Magical stone sold, now you have enough zeny to rebirth all three level 99 characters!!!!

2 days, just 2 days -_-

#9 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

Why would they do that when instead they can:

Hour 1-

1. Make novice

2. sit in izlude or prontera and beg Doctor Tame for zeny.

#10 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

I've been giving away zeny left and right, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed that you can't go hardly anywhere without someone PMing you for trans zeny.

This is what happens when you make it too easy for newbies. Laziness breeds laziness. 

Seems the simplest solution though is to just reduce the cost of transing (or make it free), so that players are not always asking, which inevitably gets on veterans nerves, which makes veterans start being rude to newbies, which makes newbies quit.

We love our newbies, we don't want the little beggars to quit :'(

Really as much I don't want newbie quit I also don't want them being spoonfed so easily. What warp portal can do is make Janeway script to introduce them the way to get zeny and advise them not instantly take lv 99 on Kapha : Bounty boards, sell the Aloes you got from Janeway quests, sell reset stones from eden merit, etc etc....

Not just RO and MMO in general, when a newbie start a game we will give them guides they can read or answer the question they ask, except "Can I have a cheat or save file before beating the final boss?"

#11 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

and advise them not instantly take lv 99 on Kapha

I'm frankly not sure where this "don't go level 99" argument is coming from. If anything, it would be easier to make money as a level 99 than a level 70.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 18 April 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#12 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

I don't typically give money to those asking for trans fee. I'd give them tips how to earn them instead.

#13 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:32 AM

No just no. I myself is new to this but I won't agree to this suggestion. It will just make people lazy and afaik people who ask for zeny to trans is not a newbie. If you know what is needed to trans, does that make you a newbie?

I've started on the game without anything but I've managed to get some zeny to trans. I did not do any money-making guides I just joined events here. That is all to it.

Hoss.

#14 LordPROM

LordPROM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLV-223
  • Server:Chaos and THOR

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

i say don't give them zenny... some of us here from(pRO) started from scratch,  and didn't ask for anything( except who are nice enough to donate some items for a start up, i thank you with all my heart).. and besides, as if the majority of them are staying at the server... theyre just waiting for the new server to go up... besides, there are bounties and gramps for them to discover... :)

Edited by LordPROM, 19 April 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#15 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:59 AM

I need to rebirth my rogue. zeny please. pm ign: LTpain

LT- Seeempppaaaiiii  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#16 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:41 AM

Back when I was a noob I simply used money I got after selling one magical stone heh :pif:

And I received some zeny to start with without even asking, I complained about monsters killing me on airship(and wasting free ticket) and some guy traded me 5M :p_love:

But hey, we have 2 awesome guides to zeny making, enough to make first 100m and newbs dont use them :hmm:

#17 Jonabebe

Jonabebe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:02 AM

Never ever give money to new players, but teach them how to earn instead. They will never enjoy a game that player can finish easily. Sometimes, people abuse other people's kindness..

#18 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

No just no. If they're too lazy just go straight to your 3rd jobs.

#19 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

The thing is us already settled players should impart some wisdom instead of giving away zeny.

I've seen Buying shops for DB's at Izlude, with extremely low prices, same for Aloes so I tell newbies to go to the players buying in Payon and about strawberries.

I also tell them to do the Criatura Academy quests (20 Free Kafra Tickets of each, and even if the Storage ones get useless quickly with Janeway, the Teleport ones are still good) and also the Eden Group, since the best stuff there is the free 10 Blessing and Agi scrolls and the Yellow Butterfly Wings.

Also mention the forums to them so they can get info, and about iRO Wiki.

#20 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

You dont 'impart' wisdom. You impart info.

just saying.

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

You dont 'impart' wisdom. You impart info.

just saying.

Give a man a fish, he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he can eat for his life.

#22 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

Give a man a fish, he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he can eat for his life.

You give the man information on how to fish, whether he is wise or not (aka, obtains wisdom) depends on whether he's able to make use of that information.

#23 deelanmj

deelanmj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Non-VIP newbies

Day 1-
1. Use janeway to level up to 99 on all three character slots. (Make sure at least one of the slots is used on a merchant class)
2. Join a party and run all three level 99 characters through Gramps turn-in. (Get 6 eden merit badges total)

Day 2-
1. Run Gramps turn-in one more time with one of the level 99 characters (Now have a total of 8 eden merit badges).
2. Trade in the 8 eden merit badges for one magical(reset) stone from "Merry Badger" NPC.
3. Use your level 99 merchant class to vend magical stone for 5m.

4. BOOM Magical stone sold, now you have enough zeny to rebirth all three level 99 characters!!!!

2 days, just 2 days -_-

Oh gawd, now I feel kinda silly for turning in my quests individually in exchange for a measly 37.5k each... (._.) I got my first one mil by taking advantage of all those Buying shops. /otl Took me more than a week cuz of my erratic playing sched.

Oh well, better late than never. Thanks for the tip! :3

Time to make a merchie~ :heh:

#24 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Fish is money. Teaching how to fish, is giving info. Lol

#25 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

unless he's vegetarian. then he needs to sell the fish to buying shops to get the funds to buy food he can actually consume.

anyways, in regards to Dr. Tame's OP, I've been asking for a while that janeway give newbies a token (char bound) that bypasses the donation limit (expanded classes get nothing obviously, since their next class functions the same way as 3rd classes). show this token to the NPC in juno, and he will recognize it similar to the VIP status flag and allow you to proceed without donation.

I dunno how complicated this is to script, but it doesn't seem all that difficult, barring any roadblocks kRO might throw up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users