40 replies to this topic

#26 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

Well, as a newbie here, why didn't any of you discussing about 1% of exp. lost as cost for Inspiration...

I could get the conclusion is that Inspiration is a MUST for any RG and in some time, Prestige is not useful. If any of you were to choose between Inspiration and Prestige, which one will you go to, or depend on situation?

Real new in RG here.

#27 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

As long as you only use Inspiration to kill tough MVPs and don't use it to level, the exp loss can be ignored. 

It is possible to get both Prestige and Inspiration. I personally get both of them and I find Prestige pretty helpful when I solo Valk Randgris. However if you have to make a choice than definitely go for Inspiration. It is far more powerful and useful than Prestige

#28 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

The 1% EXP isn't as bad if you hit 175 because it only becomes 1M EXP instead of ~4M at 174 and so on. Hard to say if it's a must without planning out a full skill tree. If you hunt mostly easier MVPs or instances, or if you die a lot (sac slave), you could still skip inspiration if you want to; it's kind of a playing style and preference thing.

#29 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

Damn, so much wrong Informations...

1).About EQ,  It is possible to outpot it (Beer,Yggs a.o.), to tank and to evade it with Magic Mirror or with Prestige. Even with enough HP you can stand against it under Inspiration.
Earth Drive against EQ?? Can you block EQ with Land Protector / Magnetic Earth? A ground targeted Buff/Debuff like songs, Traps, Pneuma, SW???
Even if the name is "Earthquake", it ain´t Earth Property and it aint and Physical Ground targeted AOE Skill. It is a Magical-Long Ranged Neutral attack. So no, you cant time ED and smash Earthquake, would be cool though.

I dont know whether someone has already answered this yet but this is entirely possible, I have done it before. The timing must be very very precise, you need ED to go off at exactly the same time as the beginning animation of EQ to entirely "white it out" in the ED area per say. This is the same strategy as High Wizards using Ganbantein at the exact moment EQ animation begins, it will completely "white out" the area. Its not that its impossible to do, you just have to be very very much on the dot with it.

#30 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

The 1% EXP isn't as bad if you hit 175 because it only becomes 1M EXP instead of ~4M at 174 and so on. Hard to say if it's a must without planning out a full skill tree. If you hunt mostly easier MVPs or instances, or if you die a lot (sac slave), you could still skip inspiration if you want to; it's kind of a playing style and preference thing.

Let's say I'm on level 175, with only 999,999 EXP, I still cannot use Inspiration, although the EXP shows 100%?

Just another question, not related to MVP RG, but skills, is Rapid Smiting comparable to Shield Press? As Rapid Smiting deals 5 hits, which 250% x 5 will be 1250% while Shield Press only provides 750% (ignoring all variable). But, of course with the present of Cross Shield [1], Rapid Smiting will further output another 30%, which will be 1250% x130%?

#31 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

@Marty: If this "wonder" really works, then you would not need only good reflexes and no game lags, you would need a insta cast ED. But Im up for the challange to test this.

--

@KianS: Look up on your Character Selection Screen.
--

About Shield Skills: Shield Press deals more damage, because of Level Value  is in the formula while on RS there ain´t. A Overupped Imperial Guard helps, if you want to Combo both skills, get a Giant Shield for the most DMG with RS,S.Press and Earth Drive (If you do not want to Change your Shields xShield for RS > ImperialS. for S.Press).

Shield Press works with Def Piercing effects and with Ice Pick / Thanatos Effects, Rapid Smitting doesnt :/. RS do have 1 Second Reuse delay, which is good because you can lower it while Shield Press do have a 2 seconds cool down but instant cast so you can use it in many Combos though.

Edited by RaohSung, 29 May 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#32 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

I think i roughly know SP is the one I wanted, as my level get higher, with Imperial Guard [1], the output % can actually greater than RS with Cross Shield [1]. Also, taking into consider that STR and VIT affect output of SP positively.

And, for SP cost wise, SP is more on a cost saving side.

Edit to add:-

What's output you have tried/seen before from SP, my RS currently only have about 10k output, which not even up to a Magmaring with 124 level.

And, thank you, Raoh Sung.

Edited by KianS, 29 May 2015 - 07:13 AM.

#33 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

280k with Fire Endow, Gloomy Shyness and +14 Glorious Spear.

For Magmarings, I did 25+K with my 95 Pala with a +7 Triple Desertwolf Carded RTE Blue.
Notice: Magmarings are Small, so you could buy yourself a Mes[3] with 3 Desert Wolf or Peco Egg cards (look which are cheaper). But you really need Water Endows there, but with 124 doing 10K Shield Press (which Level? 5 or 3??) even W/O endow is pretty low.

-----

Some Old Screenshots:

2rcre54.jpg
(last year January)

Ill do a test for you, but I think i just have shield press 3 ATM, I have reskilled my Shielder a month ago.

Re editing then here.
---------------------------------------

Edit: Okay have done Tests on Magmarings and DWs with some Weapons. Maybe this will help you a bit out. Shield Press 3 / Level 150/50 Royal Guard / Non RTEs Endowed with Water.

Spoiler

Hmmm Do you have or Use Shield Spell 1?? 130 ATK from a Heavy shield is a lot for damage output. 

Edited by RaohSung, 29 May 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#34 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the testing.

Yes, planning to get some buff from Shield Spell.

But, I only have a +9 Red RTE... And, seems like HS > Blue RTE! But, how come your Blue RTE is shown differently? Not pointing upward like Red RTE?

/heh

Thanks for the info! But, 33k is too crazy for desert wolves! /omg

#35 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:56 AM

Yea, because Hunting Spear did have FS 6/5 enchants. And Dessert wolfs are "Brute" Type monsters. Hunting Spear pierces Brute monsters DEF.
About the RTE, this are the old RTE Sprites ^_^

So, you tested Red RTE in magmarings? Fire vs Fire aint smart ^^ (or did you mean, that you just have the weapon? then nevermind ^^)
Blue RTE should be pretty cheap though, but if you would like to use some Spear skills, then go for Hunting Spears :)

#36 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:04 AM

@Marty: If this "wonder" really works, then you would not need only good reflexes and no game lags, you would need a insta cast ED. But Im up for the challange to test this.

I dunno, I find that I cannot resist the temptation to get "ED" before that beginning animation and end up screwing up if its instant "ED".

Note how I am emphasizing "ED"?

Also shield press is damn amazing since it can also cause Stun on targets which disregards the VIT stat and level difference for duration and ailment chance.

Edited by Marty5337, 30 May 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#37 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

I dunno, I find that I cannot resist the temptation to get "ED" before that beginning animation and end up screwing up if its instant "ED".

Note how I am emphasizing "ED"?

Also shield press is damn amazing since it can also cause Stun on targets which disregards the VIT stat and level difference for duration and ailment chance.

Just so a Mod doesnt come reading this and then skewering me on a spitroast, we are refering to Earth Drive yes?

Edited by Marty5337, 30 May 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#38 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

The reason why I mentioned ED is that a friend told me he saw someone post on forum saying he when to Thor Volcano to hunt Ifrit to practice how to cancel EQ with ED and he mastered it after like 40+ tries. Is that you Marty?

#39 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:53 AM

The reason why I mentioned ED is that a friend told me he saw someone post on forum saying he when to Thor Volcano to hunt Ifrit to practice how to cancel EQ with ED and he mastered it after like 40+ tries. Is that you Marty?

Hahahahaha please, do I look like someone who would sweat blood and tears till you master something? Nah, if I can take the escalator road I would do it. I'm sure whoever did it must be very proud of themselves and I sure as heck would clap in amazement for them for dying and walking/flywinging 40+ times to see Ifrit EQ them, but hey, I will take the credit for it if you really want!~

Edited by Marty5337, 30 May 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#40 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

Thanks man! Just bought the Red RTE, got no more Zeny for others for the time being.

Anyway, back to MVP RG, hope to join you all soon!

#41 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

Is this a good skill build for an MVP RG?

http://irowiki.org/~...GCrArfqAbfkAdx1

So, Is that skill tree already good to go? right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users