4/21 Tiki Tuesday Rob Riggle Birthday livestream - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/21 Tiki Tuesday Rob Riggle Birthday livestream

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Ask your questions for tomorrow's show (airing at 3pm at twitch.tv/warpportal) here and I'll answer it. 

Born on this day in 1970, Rob Riggle has appeared in a ton of comedies on tv and on the big screen. A Marine veteran, he served in several conflicts from the 90s to the 2000s and would use his experiences in the military to hilarious effect as a contributor to the Daily Show. He has worked in the Upright Citizens Brigade, Funny or Die, Saturday Night Live and appeared in multiple Wil Ferrell films (and playing Frank west in a live action Dead Rising movie), he is the go-to guy when you need a unhinged authority figure who really looks the part. 

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

Why are the event spawns this year been so out of whack? First the octopus spam then the snake spam. What's next to get spammed on the world maps to hinder players?

Typically the number of spawns per map were pretty low for previous events so this year it may be an overcompensation?

#3 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

Hi Oda!

Can you look into nightmare clock tower spawn rate please? I mean its called nightmare for a reason, the spawn looks so little to the size of the map (c_tower3_). It suppose to have 110 big bells but if that is true then the map is way too big for that amount. It would be great to look into increasing big bell spawn. The map update is too good to be wasted due to spawn issues.

For now, bio4 is the only best challenging place to lvl past 150/160+. Though that comes with a lot of sacrifices, time planning and not all classes can level there. Nightmare clocktower should be the best friendly alternative but its not with this spawn rate. So.

Posted this as well in maint thread before. Thanks !

We can look at buffing those next week. 

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Nightmare Clock Tower

The spawn of big bell is too low. Right now the spawn is not stable well since it is still lack of player or to be honest, less appealing. Please increase the spawn, triple is good just like bio4. If you can make bio4 has permanent triple spawn, i think we can do this on this clock tower also. Addition of bounty board is also good to make it feasible. Right now to be honest, Luina is still faster than clock tower, especially with Angra Mantis bounty.

my thoughts also. Plus do u mind to put Kafra Card as item redeemable using Eden Merit Badge?
I think putting it there wont give harm since we have life insurance and token put there. maybe the same rate as them, 5 EMB for 5 Kafra Cards. Thanks

We'll take a look at this, adding it to our internal "to check out" list. 

Edited by Oda, 21 April 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#5 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hello, I asked 2 weeks ago why was robe of cast removed from Eve Natalia since there was no notice about it, was told it would be looked at. It's still missing, so is there any reason why? this gear only drops from 1 mvp and you only get 1 cert for it.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hello, I asked 2 weeks ago why was robe of cast removed from Eve Natalia since there was no notice about it, was told it would be looked at. It's still missing, so is there any reason why? this gear only drops from 1 mvp and you only get 1 cert for it.

i asked oda and he replied that it is true that robe of cast is removed since it is dropped by normal monster (wizard katrinn in gloria guild dungeon).

#7 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Facepalm. Waiting a month just to get that reply, thanks Fuyukikun.

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

So, any news from the guys out back about various fixes for the pet system? Doesn't need to be a specific issue, just curious if the dust collected on that area is 3 inches thick yet :P

Please refresh my memory which issue(s)? If you can point me to old questions or the thread it would help jog my memory. No changes to pet systems that I've heard of. 

I will post a new thread soon, and will try encourage many others to contribute to any buggy pets, script updates or recommendations.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 21 April 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#9 Xaxaxa

Xaxaxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Oda-sama, Reno from Eden Group compresses crystals one by one when you are changing them to a higher quality. As such converting in bulk requires you to hit the enter key a lot. Was this intended? If it is not intended can it be changed so that he does it in bulk or chunks of 50/100? Can the global announcement for RMT etc be changed to something on the lines of Classic where it mentions you dying a little on the inside. I find it humorous. Not the dying part but the part mentioning you.

#10 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Can we make all wearable monthly box drops worth 500 brownie points? There is no good reason why some of them are only worth 300 or 400 while others are worth 500, and you shouldn't have to turn in four boxes just to get one in return form Boxter, especially considering chances very high are she's just going to give you the same garbage you just turned in. 

I turned in four CoD for one box earlier this week, and take a wild guess as to what granny gave me in return. Why don't you just ask players for donations while you are at it?

The whole boxter system needs to be revamped in my opinion.

I probably would have spent twice as much on kafra points this month, but I was so frustrated with getting four CoD's in a row that didn't. That should not happen under any circumstances.

#11 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

They should just release a new CoD every year.

Anyways, why was there an Enriched event this past week? I mean, it had been less than a month since the last one.

This month, we made certs more widely available again so even people who did not have them built up from previous events would be able to participate in the upgrade event. 

Also, are you ever going to comment on Xellie's thread regarding the Classic server?

I did comment on that thread, and said that we're working on Thor right now but when that is done I am pushing for us to get the WoE/PVP changes worked on. 

#12 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Will the RWC boxes that came in unannounced during last maintenance be staying or leaving during the next maintenance this wednesday?

They will be staying for a little while longer.

#13 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

1. Can the RWC Rally box stay till the Thor server is up? :D
    The box will be available on Thor, can't say when just yet. 
  2. Can we you put Isabella ears for next months lucky crate? :D

We can look into it. 

#14 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

Any detailed updates on these cards which pRO have? (Orange fonts are MVP; Green fonts are the card I currently have in pRO)

• Cendrawasih = INT + 2, If used by mage-type, INT +1 for every 3 refinements = Headgear
  • Parus = Increasing healing 3%. The Acolyte Class, when refine 2 times, the healing increase additional 1%. = Headgear
  • Butoijo = 20% additional damage to angel type of monster = Weapon
  • Pom Spider = 20% addtional damage to undead monster = Weapon
  • Sropho/Lamp Ray (removed from pRO's drop table but still existing) = When attack closely, make enemy to freeze (Crystallization). = Weapon
  • King Dramoh/King Kray = STR + 2, If used by swordsman-type, STR +1 for every 3 refinements = Headgear
  • Pot Dofle/Octopot = The armor type is changed to water type. 10% damage decreased from fish monsters. = Armor
  • Siorava = LUK + 2, If used by merchant-type, LUK +1 for every 3 refinements = Headgear
  • Wild Rider = AGI + 1, When dealing physical damage there is a high chance to cast Increase AGI Lv1 on yourself. = Footgear
  • Small/Mini Octopus = Has a chance to inflict Blind status when using Magic Attack. = Weapon
  • Kraken = Flee +10, Enable to use Level 1 [Hiding] and Level 1 [Sightless Mind]. Has a chance to inflict Bleeding when using [Sightless Mind]. = Garment
  • Giant Octopus = MHP + 12%. Enable to use Level 5 [Water Ball]. = Armor
  • Black Coelacanth = MHP + 10%, DEF + 100. = Armor
  • Odd Coelacanth = MSP + 5%, MDEF + 50. = Armor
  • Cruel Coelacanth = ATK + 2%, per 2 refine ATK + 1%, MSP - 1%. = Headgear
  • Black Coelacanth = MATK + 2%, per 2 refine MATK + 1%, MHP - 1%. = Headgear
  • Queen Scaraba = Additional 30% damage to Scaraba monsters. Has a chance to drop a scaraba mercenary scroll when a monster is killed. = Weapon
  • Gold Queen Scaraba = INT + 3. Reduced 10% of damage from insects type enemy, when refining to +9, Reduced additional 5% of damage from insects type enemy. = Headgear

Dang! I even list the cards and their effects (and correcting the grammar) one by one. :heh:

We should implementing these (with the exception of Sropho) this week. 

EDIT:

Next question is/are:

• Will the "Equipment Comparison" feature be available in iRO? That feature have it like this: when a certain equip right clicks the item and views its description, the currently equipped item will also be shown on its left side depending on the type of equipment.

Eventually this is likely, but it looks like it will require a significant amount of time and effort to get working once we receive that update. 

• I don't know if this is purposely modified or not by iRO but is the Hugel Fruit Gardener NPC really not a shop type NPC on purpose? Since in pRO and maybe some other official servers, that NPC is a shopping type. If it really is on purpose, why?

That one I do not know. 

• Will those expensive Crafting Books and Jewels that can be bought from an NPC (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, 1-3 Carat Diamonds, etc.) be completely wiped out and not reduced? I hope it will be wiped out to prevent sudden zeny inflation.

Oda-sama, Reno from Eden Group compresses crystals one by one when you are changing them to a higher quality. As such converting in bulk requires you to hit the enter key a lot. Was this intended? If it is not intended can it be changed so that he does it in bulk or chunks of 50/100? Can the global announcement for RMT etc be changed to something on the lines of Classic where it mentions you dying a little on the inside. I find it humorous. Not the dying part but the part mentioning you.

We can look at that for a future change. 
I think it's intended since I saw all other official servers, especially pRO (while the rest is I saw it on Youtube and some other sites), that it needs to be one by one.

Edited by Oda, 21 April 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#15 Xaxaxa

Xaxaxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

@Jeneeus: Thanks. I'll just spam enter while listening to some music, I guess.

#16 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:15 AM

Will the RWC boxes that came in unannounced during last maintenance be staying or leaving during the next maintenance this wednesday?

since it came in unannounced, it stands to reason that it will leave unannounced :V

#17 Payason

Payason

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

this please 

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=264&p=1

Sure, I think we can bring that back. 

#18 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

Hi Oda!

Now Thor will soon rise , I'd like to ask few things :

- We are aware that there will be a cap on certain consumable and misc. items that are going to cross from pRO and I'll assume that even crafting materials will be scanned as well so I was wondering if one or more of these can be granted at least for a few weeks :

-------> Increase spawn on some maps that we'd likely visit for crafting materials like Bradium Golems for runes in Manuk and some maps where ingredients are hard to get by ( We may end up scavenging as we're playing This War of Mine since everybody will start looking for those) .

-------> Since memos are wiped , may we have either free or reduced fee access on some important maps for easier access ?

We may be armed but we're good as penniless 

-------> Can we borrow Ms. Janeway as well ?

-------> Not entirely possible but for the misc items that we have be either sold to 0.00 zenny or just or just bind them for the time being just to prevent zenny inflation. I know that it is already scanned but I think it would be best to do so. ( Not that I don't trust my folks but we're known to be "crafty" on many things)

-------> If there is a plan to wipe the Slim/Regular potions and Mastela fruits along with the Berries and other healing items that may have been hoarded if not reduced , may we have something litle in return like an account binded Novice White and Blue pots of the sort ?

We know that we are already getting so much favor from iRO and it's not I'm pushing for more . Just want to know any alternatives if possible . Of course , anything that will help to have a smooth migration is top priority..

Still hoping to see my RWC 2010 hat and GM Gehemmis Pink Balloon but if not , please sell them if ya get data from kRO/pRO.

Ya guys are ooohsome :no1:

Thanks! 

#19 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

-------> Since memos are wiped , may we have either free or reduced fee access on some important maps for easier access ?

We may be armed but we're good as penniless 

-------> Can we borrow Ms. Janeway as well ?

-------> Not entirely possible but for the misc items that we have be either sold to 0.00 zenny or just or just bind them for the time being just to prevent zenny inflation. I know that it is already scanned but I think it would be best to do so. ( Not that I don't trust my folks but we're known to be "crafty" on many things)

-------> If there is a plan to wipe the Slim/Regular potions and Mastela fruits along with the Berries and other healing items that may have been hoarded if not reduced , may we have something litle in return like an account binded Novice White and Blue pots of the sort ?

1. I think that's what 1 week VIP per MVP card is for.
  2. He said in the previous video that we will have her in Thor.
  3. Agree with the bind but disagree with the 0 zeny. If we do that 0 zeny in all items, what are the loots for when we migrated. The loots I'm referring to is the loots we will get from Thor and not those stack items. I think the best way is to WIPE those expensive loots for zeny inflation prevention.
  4. :sob: Please not wipe but just drastically reduced like 90% reduction but not 100%.

Edited by Jeneeus, 21 April 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#20 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

1. I think that's what 1 week VIP per MVP card is for.
  2. He said in the previous video that we will have her in Thor.
  3. Agree with the bind but disagree with the 0 zeny. If we do that 0 zeny in all items, what are the loots for when we migrated. The loots I'm referring to is the loots we will get from Thor and not those stack items. I think the best way is to WIPE those expensive loots for zeny inflation prevention.
  4. :sob: Please not wipe but just drastically reduced like 90% reduction but not 100%.

Though the VIP applies for people who had MVP and gods like us. How about those who went stray and played xxRO pservers ? Unless we got something to share , it may be challenging for them...that's the point of the game , though

Oh really? Geez , I didn't see that. 'Guess I fergot to watch last week since it was within my shift (I'm on Leave today.... yeaaaaaah ! :gg: )

I'm referring to the stacked items crossing over. If it will be sold to 0.00 zenny but keep the stack , we may be able to scrape some use of it for crafting materials if permitted and I will laugh at those hoarders who bought Gene/Bio Crafting books that good only for burning it as fuels for winter :heh:

I'm also hoping for that since I'm a DPS user and rarely use support or tank players. Some people will think DPS rarely use pots but I like the thrill of mobbing them with mid to low hp. I can feel the adrenaline rush while desperately killing the mobs , hitting potion quick buttons like 99 hit combo while smoking and cold coffee on the side :no1: (deym , i said too much detail :heh: )

Going back , the fact of the matter is that there will be players who have Main(s) , Alt(s) and the alarming one Slave(s) ... If all will cross over , there should be a counter plan apart from Lawful players (so geek :wah:) to play a part on keeping order and be an image to follow for a better place to play with . We have to remember that Thor will not only be for pRO gamers, other folks may decide to play with us since we'll have a non - US WoE schedule so we really hafta play nice and entice more people

To remind my folks , we gotta make this work . It's our ticket to Chaos and others will welcome us not be afraid or intimidated.

edited : removed some typo...added something too

Edited by Lazaruce, 21 April 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#21 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

Though the VIP applies for people who had MVP and gods like us. How about those who went stray and played xxRO pservers ? Unless we got something to share , it may be challenging for them...that's the point of the game , though

Oh really? Geez , I didn't see that. 'Guess I fergot to watch last week since it was within my shift (I'm on Leave today.... yeaaaaaah ! :gg: )

I'm referring to the stacked items crossing over. If it will be sold to 0.00 zenny but keep the stack , we may be able to scrape some use of it for crafting materials if permitted and I will laugh at those hoarders who bought Gene/Bio Crafting books that good only for burning it as fuels for winter :heh:

I'm also hoping for that since I'm a DPS user and rarely use support or tank players. Some people will think DPS rarely use pots but I like the thrill of mobbing them with mid to low hp. I can feel the adrenaline rush while desperately killing the mobs , hitting potion quick buttons like 99 hit combo while smoking and cold coffee on the side :no1:

edited : removed some typo...

Dang! Forgot the players with no MVP cards. :wah: I think I agree that it should be discounted temporarily.

As for the 0 zeny, I still disagree. How about if I will hunt some loots AFTER Thor is open and the 0 zeny is there? We're all still penniless. :sob: That's why I prefer 100% wipe on those expensive Jewels and Crafting Books than making it 0 zeny.

#22 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Janeway should be on Thor when it first opens.

For my question just wondering if you had an update on making lopes clue account bound vs char bound? Thanks

Janeway will be appearing on Thor to get players without migrated accounts get up to speed. 

#23 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

pRO related stuff

actually adding on the what Lazaruce has brought up, can you reveal the full limits/restrictions in place since the pRO servers are now offline? There's no longer any possibility of people trying to find new ways to bypass them and this allows the community to see if there's anything that might have been missed.

#24 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Did you answer my question/request from last week? About making Gothic Headband costume malangdo enchantable? I didn't watch last weeks tiki yet. :x

PS. I spy a wild kaddy, buff wanderer pls.

If it's enchantable on kRO it would be easier to get it added. 

#25 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:58 AM

actually adding on the what Lazaruce has brought up, can you reveal the full limits/restrictions in place since the pRO servers are now offline? There's no longer any possibility of people trying to find new ways to bypass them and this allows the community to see if there's anything that might have been missed.

Well that would be interesting , they might be too busy to reveal them now , though.

I'd like to know that if possible , too . 

Should I be relieved, laugh or cry ? :ok:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users