Ranger Job Change Quest (It's Impossible, Please Fix) - Page 2 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ranger Job Change Quest (It's Impossible, Please Fix)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:32 AM

These 3 classes are the ones with easiest job change quest:

Genetic quest. Easy as 1 2 3 :heh:

Royal Guard quest. A little harder than Genetic quest since you'll change map and collect some readily-available-in-prontera-merchant-shops items. :heh:

Expanded SuperNovice quest. The You'll-Pass-If-You-Won't-Die-Out-of-Boredom quest. :heh:

Edited by kazukimatsumoto, 22 April 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#27 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

She finally passed the second test, heart beating fast after finally enduring all the bugs and crap for days, and as soon as she tried to start the third one she got this and her game crashed:

UcpKIhM.jpg

WTH?  Seriously?  Fix your game please, devs. :(:(:(:(:(

#28 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

Honestly, at this point, I think the admins should give her the class, if possible.  Because this is nonsense.  Four days now of effort and she gets screwed by another programming bug when she finally passes the second test?  No one would pay for a game with these kinds of problems.  It saddens me that one of my favorite games is so badly programmed. :(  Her character name is Arinys...if you see her taking the test over and over and over for the next few weeks, have pity on her.  The game is just too buggy for this test to work the way it should.

#29 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, at this point, I think the admins should give her the class, if possible.  Because this is nonsense.  Four days now of effort and she gets screwed by another programming bug when she finally passes the second test?  No one would pay for a game with these kinds of problems.  It saddens me that one of my favorite games is so badly programmed. :(  Her character name is Arinys...if you see her taking the test over and over and over for the next few weeks, have pity on her.  The game is just too buggy for this test to work the way it should.

One huge issue is that you are playing through Steam. Steam doesn't download all the files required for the game (I tested this after having similar issues when trying to run the game via a steam download).

You have to completely uninstall, then reinstall, then update the game through the client with administrative privaleges for the game to have 99% of the working files (some never download).

*Edit* Also make sure you are running the game through the natural client, you have to make Steam follow a specific path for it to do this correctly. Google it!

Edited by Nirvanna21, 22 April 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#30 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

I appreciate the attempt to help and will pursue it, but don't you think it's a little silly that all this is necessary just for a class change quest?  Maybe the devs need to pay a little attention to the game's code?

#31 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

One huge issue is that you are playing through Steam. Steam doesn't download all the files required for the game (I tested this after having similar issues when trying to run the game via a steam download).

You have to completely uninstall, then reinstall, then update the game through the client with administrative privaleges for the game to have 99% of the working files (some never download).

*Edit* Also make sure you are running the game through the natural client, you have to make Steam follow a specific path for it to do this correctly. Google it!

Also, because she installed the game through Steam, she can't use Kafra Shop at all if she's not using Steam.  You can't purchase through the warp portal website if your account was created on Steam.  So she HAS to play through Steam.  I have a link to the client on her desktop so that she can launch it the traditional way too, but this doesn't detect any missing files or anything.  

#32 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

I found this post but we tried its steps and it didn't help.  

http://forums.warppo...cl-vista7-info/

#33 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

Make sure your Mercenary AI isn't corrupted before you attempt the third part. I was so mad when I made it to the third part after 4 attempts and then the entire thing crashed with an AI error

If it's really hard for the both of you to clear the job change quest, then why don't you play another class?

You said it yourself: it's just a game, so if you begin to feel that this quest is not enjoyable to you anymore, don't do it :>

But I'll just say this: while the quest is certainly hard, it's doable. You just need to be persistent. No, the quest is not broken (well, slightly, with the homun AI bug thing that will crash your RO client just when you're about to clear the quest. So make sure you fix that beforehand).

In fact, the population of ranger class is the largest in iRO (source: http://ropd.info/?na...ss distribution), and all of them did the job change quest with the same exact situation as you, with all that glitches or whatever that you mentioned. So your argument that you can't clear the quest due to this is, to be frank, quite invalid.

Try different tactics, review the part where you failed and see if you can do any different. But most of all, take it easy and enjoy the difficulty man. I assure you, there'll be not much quest that is as hard as this. And what's the point of playing if it's not challenging, right? :)

if you dont know what that is, you should ask earlier. But nope. It is just all about how world is against you to pass that exam. The fix is somewhere in the internet. Go find it. And for your record, same thing happen to me. Heck, when it first time happen to me, i have to delete my first character since i dont know how to fix it. But when it occur once again during ranger exam, hell no. I work hard to get there. So i dig the internet to find to solution. It isnt that hard, go ask Mr.Google about it.

#34 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

if you dont know what that is, you should ask earlier. But nope. It is just all about how world is against you to pass that exam. The fix is somewhere in the internet. Go find it. And for your record, same thing happen to me. Heck, when it first time happen to me, i have to delete my first character since i dont know how to fix it. But when it occur once again during ranger exam, hell no. I work hard to get there. So i dig the internet to find to solution. It isnt that hard, go ask Mr.Google about it.

I'm sorry, but you're -snip-.  The game is broken, and you're insulting me for not being psychic and knowing that I needed to take 10 incredibly complex steps before I took a quest in a game which is billed as "finished"?  This is a joke.  The game is broken and needs fixing.  I shouldn't have to jump through 15 hoops for a broken game. You don't seem to understand how stupid it is that this is even necessary.  

We googled it.  As I said in my previous posts (which you didn't read) we tried the stuff that is listed to fix the AI and it didn't work.  Maybe the GAME DEVS should FIX THEIR GAME.

VModCinnamon:

No calling out others please.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 April 2015 - 05:04 PM.
removed call out

#35 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

She's now got the quest down to a science and can pass it every time.  The game is just broken and won't work with the AI files.  The game is the problem, not us.  It's so STUPID to me that anyone would think it's acceptable that you need to do this much work to pass a quest in a game.  Four days of effort before finding out the entire code of the quest is broken.  The workarounds don't work.  I've reinstalled her game twice now in different locations, I've downloaded the supposedly fixed AI files, nothing works.  The game simply needs fixing.  I don't understand why you can't comprehend that.  have you ever had a problem in MineCraft where you needed to do this much work to fix it?  How about Halo?  CounterStrike?  World of Warcraft?  ANY game?  No.  This is purely a factor of bad coding at the hands of the devs and a laziness to fix their game.  

#36 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

1. Did you even read other people post? 
2. If it cant be fixed, how can other people including me fixed our when the same thing happen?

#37 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Maybe when the game is out of Alpha this bug will be fixed.  :wall:

#38 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

2. If it cant be fixed, how can other people including me fixed our when the same thing happen?

1.  Did YOU even read my other posts?  I tried everything in the guide and it still won't work.

2.  Maybe you got lucky.  Does it matter?  It doesn't work for us.  The problem here though isn't us, it's that the problem exists in the first place.  Pure laziness on the part of the devs as this bug has clearly existed forever.

#39 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

then clearly god dont want you to play that class. Good day sir, and may you enjoy other class.

#40 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

then clearly god dont want you to play that class. Good day sir, and may you enjoy other class.

Ok, troll.  Thanks for nothing.  Way to defend a broken game.

<snip>

At what?  Enduring a buggy-ass game?  I'm really good at that, I play Ragnarok.  But this is a game-crippling bug.  My girlfriend can no longer progress in her class because of broken programming.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 April 2015 - 05:06 PM.
Edited quote.

#41 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I forgot that it's completely normal to have to uninstall and reinstall a game to pass a quest in it.  Thanks for the reminder.  This happens every day, right?  (If you believe any of that.....wow.)

#42 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Some aspects of the game can be frustrating indeed but please know that resorting to calling out others when they are attempting to help is warranted for moderation and will not help resolving pressing issues.

I kindly ask all of you also if you have anything to help OP with please do post. Trolling and flaming will not be allowed. Thank you for understanding.

#43 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Gosh, I don't know why we are still helping you, really.

There's a bug that has not been fixed since iRO comes to existence. So you can do what the others are telling you, or you can wait for them to fix this bug. I'm estimating it will be sometime in March... 2025.

Or... you can do these:

1. Get your Gf to remove RO from Steam, and download a new RO client from http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx. There's a jumping janeway that can help your new character to lv 99 in a short time, so you can make use of that. You do NOT want to start off your character on Steam, for the exact reason that you mentioned earlier.

2. Fix that bug: http://forums.warppo...-mercenary-bug/ 

(no complain about this not being your job, please)

And next time, keep your insults to yourself. These people are trying to help you.

#44 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

See, this is always what happens when you try to ask for help in a badly supported game with ancient bugs.

I did not start out hostile.  I became hostile when people started attacking me for even asking, insinuating that I just couldn't pass the test (when in fact I'm just repeatedly encountering bugs), and making sarcastic remarks.  Tell that to them, not to me.  For example...

"Gosh, I don't know why we are still helping you, really."

Because the problem hasn't been solved.  You guys continue to ignore my point - that this part of the game is obviously in need of attention by the devs.  No one should have to spend four days trying to pass a mission (because of movement bugs), then finally get to the third section and find out (after hours of searching online) that there's a known bug (from over 5 years ago from the posts I've found) in the Ranger class which to this day is not fixed. You have NO IDEA how frustrating that is, and having wasted all this time trying.  You insult me and act as if I just can't pass it, but it was the movement bugs that prevented me from doing it.  I also want to point out that you are basically forced to exploit the mission's code weaknesses in order to succeed at passing it (we figured this out after reading the wiki article about having to shoot the enemies in the second section with arrows before actually using the bombs as the mission requires).  And I posted that we had already made it a science and can get through it no problem now.  The problem is that the game has a fatal bug which is still unfixed and which everyone seems to think it's ok to just leave broken as long as there's a completely ridiculous workaround.  Uninstall the game and reinstall it in another location because the developers haven't fixed a bug they've known about for something like 7 years?  To waste time (days) trying to complete a quest which completely prevents your character from progressing while other 3rd classes have missions which take 5 minutes?  I said several times that I appreciated the attempts at help, and I also said that none of these "workarounds" worked for us and we continue to have the AI script error.  The mission cannot be completed, period, until this is somehow fixed for us.  I don't know how I'm supposed to remain calm while I've said all this before in this thread and people are now attacking me for it.  Like this guy:

"
then clearly god dont want you to play that class. Good day sir, and may you enjoy other class."

"
2. If it cant be fixed, how can other people including me fixed our when the same thing happen?"

He clearly had not read my previous posts or he would have known that this (insulting) post was already answered previously.  I had already explained that the workarounds did not work, and this guy was trying to get me going.  And then there's this:

"
But nope. It is just all about how world is against you to pass that exam. The fix is somewhere in the internet. Go find it. "

Do you understand how illogical it is that this should be necessary for a quest in a game and that the devs consider the matter closed with this being the answer?  No respectable game company on the internet would allow a known bug to exist that is so game-crippling and force people to find wiki articles on how to work around it(which as I stated ended up not working for us as well, leaving us unable to progress in the game).  It should really be fixed.

So let me state a bunch of things since everyone seems intent on attacking me and making me the target when I'm simply someone who is (understandably) pissed at having wasted over 14 hours now on a mission that should be simple but which is bugged beyond playablility in more than one way.  

1.  I have no problem with difficulty in games.  I'm talking about game-breaking glitches which artificially inflate the difficulty and seem to have become the status quo for people like you.  Like the movement glitch which to this day happens constantly by sticking you in place because the server thinks you're in a different location than your client does.
2.  I tried all the workarounds listed in the topic (which I linked, by the way, to those of you who insinuate that I wasn't reading posts), and none of them worked.  I still get the AI bug.
3.  We have two computers.  My girlfriend's (whose character this is we're talking about) is very old and laggy, and mine is not.  We have tried having her take the test on both machines.  After reading a bunch of wiki posts (which should not really be necessary), we found that the only possible way to pass it was to exploit by attacking the stuff in the second section before picking up the bombs.  I find it to be bad design that the game tells you to do one thing which is completely wrong and impossible to complete the mission doing alone.  Sorry if that upsets you.
4.  She can now complete the test every time without issues after having to take it over 60 times due to the movement glitches and AI bugs.  It's no longer an issue of reaching the last section.  It's that no workarounds fixed the glitch, and she remains unable to advance.  Since she can't advance, I don't want to play and get ahead of her.  So we've both basically been trying to pass this test for four days and being constantly usurped by bugs.  If you can't imagine how enraging that is, I'm sorry.
5.  I'm sorry I snapped at a guy, but given that we've been doing this for LONG time now, I have very little patience with the topic.  It should be fixed, there is no excuse.

#45 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

I also want to reiterate one more thing:

I played this game years ago, then quit.  My girlfriend can't play 3d games, and I remembered Ragnarok and we started playing it again about 3 or 4 months ago.  We've really enjoyed it, so much that we've spent some money on it.  And it really bothers me that something which is obviously need of attention by the devs is just left broken and people are expected to wiki it and reinstall their game to fix it.  That's all I was trying to say.  It seems a slap in the face to those who support the game that thingsl ike this go unfixed for so long.

#46 Taien

Taien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

2. Fix that bug: http://forums.warppo...-mercenary-bug/

(no complain about this not being your job, please)

And next time, keep your insults to yourself. These people are trying to help you.

Hey, they insulted me first, but sure.  Blame me.  Anyway, I'm quoting this to point to something you said:

"no complain about this not being your job, please"

THIS.  I have a problem with this.  You think it's ok that everyone should have to do all this work.  I don't know what's wrong with you, but you're wrong.  You're allowing a terrible thing to become status quo.  You're basically saying that you don't mind if features in the game remain broken as long as there's a workaround that takes 30-60 minutes.  I'll remind you of that the next time there's a bug that breaks YOUR class and requires you to reinstall your game or (!) "make a new account" which was your first suggestion.  I'm sorry, but make a new account because the devs have left a bug in the game for five years?  That's absolutely ludicrous. And the fact that you think it isn't really makes me doubt your intentions.  But yeah, I'm the bad guy, not people who troll with comments like this.

P.S. The workaround didn't work.  So it's actually just broken.  That's all I'm saying.

Edited by 2809130510223307393, 22 April 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#47 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hey, they insulted me first, but sure.  Blame me.  Anyway, I'm quoting this to point to something you said:

"no complain about this not being your job, please"

THIS.  I have a problem with this.  You think it's ok that everyone should have to do all this work.  I don't know what's wrong with you, but you're wrong.  You're allowing a terrible thing to become status quo.  You're basically saying that you don't mind if features in the game remain broken as long as there's a workaround that takes 30-60 minutes.  I'll remind you of that the next time there's a bug that breaks YOUR class and requires you to reinstall your game or (!) "make a new account" which was your first suggestion.  I'm sorry, but make a new account because the devs have left a bug in the game for five years?  That's absolutely ludicrous. And the fact that you think it isn't really makes me doubt your intentions.  But yeah, I'm the bad guy, not people who troll with comments like this.

P.S. The workaround didn't work.  So it's actually just broken.  That's all I'm saying.

I didn't insult you xD

And the people in this community care a lot about bugs, but we also understand some can't be handled by anyone aside from kRO, who are NOTORIOUS for not giving fixes any time soon (they just don't love us enough).

And glitches that appear due to textures or sprites are not bugs they can fix, it means that by updating through Steam you can miss updates and it won't ever tell you; this is because Steam doesn't have an active log of what files are missing (uninstalled and validated through Steam six times (SIX TIMES) before realising Steam just ain't doing it right).

And as stated above, either make use of Janeway (why is she back already anyways?) or explain the situation and have your account separated from Steam.

And try not insulting others, they are just annoyed because you are not using the advice they are giving to you; fact is the solutions they are offering do work, simply take some time and read them carefully and it should be all hunky dory.

Anyways, try have a good night.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 22 April 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#48 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Edit: ah, I just saw your post script stating that the fix doesn't work. Yeah, I think what Nirvanna said should solve it. reinstalling RO client from warp portal instead of steam should fix the issue. Besides, it'll be better for you to start from WarpPortal instead of Steam.

Edited by DeadIntern, 23 April 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#49 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

Stop the flaming and loud text please. There is a way to pass easily and there have been many methods in this thread alone. Green ales for one I believe are a cheap and easy solution because it has only 3 weight so you can bring some in (though when the event finishes these ales will be useless). Token of Siegfried which can be obtained by trading in 5 Eden Merit Badges at the Merry Badger in Eden should make your life much easier (its basically a revive) and you should have these badges while doing TIs to get job levels. If you're doing the test as a Hunter, I tell you as a fellow player to not do this. Not only does it make u miss out on 25% hp/sp, it also skips wind walker and Falcon Eyes which are quite time saving and good.

Source: personal experience - I deleted my untransed lvl 132 ranger and made a new one currently lvl 127

Also Warlock test is just as bad when you have it only transports you into the test room when alt tabbed (For me atleast) and had lag so I died before I could even do anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users