• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Coramdeo

Coramdeo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

I've tried downloading this game from multiple different locations and with every single download it always says "cannot connect to internet" when I try to run the updater. Is this game seriously worth the HOURS OF BULL that you have to add, remove, change, fix, and modify ? Just fix the flippin initial download ! There has got to be a place you can download from that ACTUALLY works.... or should I just stop wasting my time ?

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:39 AM

Download from the main page or from Sakana's signature in this thread: http://forums.warppo...file-downloads/

"Please make sure that you have a registered account and that the account has not been suspended for a violation.

Please only use Microsoftâ??s Internet Explorer 7.0 to view pages at playrequiem.com.
Note: If you are not using Microsoftâ??s Internet Explorer with version 7.0 or greater you may experience issues due to another browsers settings or lack of compatibility with pages on our web site.
Also note: Some Internet Explorer Add on software will be required: [.NET Framework enabled]
Type: ActiveX Control Name: Stm Class Publisher: iovation File: StmOCX.dll
Type: ActiveX Control Name: Shockwave Flash Object Publisher: Adobe Systems Incorporated File: Flash10e.ocx

Please check your Account ID and password and try again."

"If you are not using Microsoftâ??s Internet Explorer 7.0 you may experience issues due to another browsers settings or lack of compatibility with our web site. Please only use Microsoftâ??s Internet Explorer 7.0 to download the client. You may also consider resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings or checking Internet Options for proper settings. Please close any Internet Explorer additions (or related applications and processes) and do not use any download managers or download accelerator applications.

We strongly recommend saving the latest version of the Requiem Client Setup in order to use as back-up in case it becomes necessary to reinstall. (Select to save the file to a location when the download begins, rather than choosing to open the file, because this will allow you to save a copy to open at any time it becomes necessary to reinstall, which is recommended.)"

Also read, Issues with installing, updating or launching Requiem successfully: https://support.warp...BSearchID=41944

#3 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

I've tried downloading this game from multiple different locations and with every single download it always says "cannot connect to internet" when I try to run the updater. Is this game seriously worth the HOURS OF BULL that you have to add, remove, change, fix, and modify ? Just fix the flippin initial download ! There has got to be a place you can download from that ACTUALLY works.... or should I just stop wasting my time ?

yes. i think it's worth it. the size of the installer, the 2 or 3 different ways to download it and patch to current version are perplexing. hang in there. if you're getting cant connect to internet, then maybe it's installed right but just needs to be added to firewall exceptions, or greenlit by some other security program you have. could also your problem was due to one of the brief maintenances we had last day or so. hope you keep trying.

#4 legion420

legion420

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOK
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

I seem to always have a failed patch download problem after every maintenance!! Just like now I have been waiting for 3 1/2 hours just to download the stupid client again and try reinstalling it 10 times to get it to work! I have followed all of tech supports suggestions and it seems like its the client or updater.exe not wanting to patch after every single maintenance... I understand what you are going through as well lol

#5 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

I seem to always have a failed patch download problem after every maintenance!! Just like now I have been waiting for 3 1/2 hours just to download the stupid client again and try reinstalling it 10 times to get it to work! I have followed all of tech supports suggestions and it seems like its the client or updater.exe not wanting to patch after every single maintenance... I understand what you are going through as well lol

Have you tried manual patch download?

#6 pampelthemuse

pampelthemuse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN. USA

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

This game is definately more than worth it, imo, however we all have different preferences for what we like to play. On that note I would recommend checking out these links:
MMO Hut's full review of Requiem
Full review at MMORPG.com
[I am personally much more fond of the game than those reviewers.]

Also, I was previously playing at a friends house and have since been trying to get it installed on my machine. When i get it all working I will post how I did it, and any links that may be needed to download stuff.

Edited by pampelthemuse, 21 August 2010 - 10:24 PM.

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

If you have problems in each patch or big patch, maybe could be because you have the game installed in the program files folder, that for vista and seven have special security options (UAC). In that case, try to install the game in a different folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users