DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Is a good Protector withouth attack skills?

#2 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

Go SS

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

SS

#4 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

Requiem_2015_04_23_22_22_41_00.pngRequiem_2015_04_23_22_22_47_24.png

#5 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

Just no.

#6 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

Prots are not SS.  You have a total of 2 attack skills and unless you mean SS "heals there's never a high enough amount of damage that you're going to be able to do to focus on attacking.  

Yes I know there are more attack skills in the defender tree but they dont do any damage so only low blow and Dire strike amount to anything.  Your focus is defense, damage mitigation, and healing.  If you want to SS attacks go commander.

Anyone who tells you differently is one of the protectors never helping out their team charging into 1 vs 10 situations and becoming a feeder for the other team.

#7 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Prots are not SS.  You have a total of 2 attack skills and unless you mean SS "heals there's never a high enough amount of damage that you're going to be able to do to focus on attacking.  

Yes I know there are more attack skills in the defender tree but they dont do any damage so only low blow and Dire strike amount to anything.  Your focus is defense, damage mitigation, and healing.  If you want to SS attacks go commander.

Anyone who tells you differently is one of the protectors never helping out their team charging into 1 vs 10 situations and becoming a feeder for the other team.

sorry but that's wrong : depending your gear , your choices , your build , you can have a chain skills of five attacks , even if yes , four are from first jobs . with my scad and my direct damages even my weakest skill attack can hit 2k on many players and 3,5 -4k on mobs.

meaning you can be consider as a threat , moreover if you are a bit hard to kill. meaning you can be a good decoy for your team cause as soon as they see you some are dumbs enough to focus on you giving opportunity to your team to take them "in the back". what happen not often just because many are unable to play others ways than selfish and "i want to make kills , kills, kills, ", with no strategy sense.

nowadays turan physics have become near useless but from my opinion commie much more than prots : damages are weak anyway , you are more squishy , nothing protects your only chance to survive crowd (adamant) from soccer , even fillers , moreover if there is two sins. most of the sins break their teeth on me. they eat commies. that can be HELPING for the team.

MOREOVER i stop count the number of time where my def buff even lvl 1 make a party tougher. i stop count the number of time my restraint rescission cut off WL strategy, i stop count the number of time my two heals prevent (what is helped by having a good SCAD , coming from SS choice , yeah- and even if i know , hell yeah , choose MND is even more OP , tks !) a team mate from dying and turn him as an immediate threat not solve , like some high dps or PB i keep out of death like this.

so sorry , but really , i disagree. to call me a feeder it take crowders focus on me, and sometimes MANY players hitting me , wouldn't call that feeding :heh:

but i alreday know what possibles answers could come from some i would not name of course. whatever , i know what i do, so i just don't care their opinion :p_smile:

just a thing tho : theses days if you want to be a prot , be ready to spend a lot of time and energy , maybe money too if you are lazy or in urge , cause yeah raise an OP toon freely is possible today even if it's a "hard" path. cause balance is -_- , and phys turan are not really good unless very strong gears until they really do something .

have a good game anyway , try to make good choices , and have fun with it ! :no1:

#8 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

sorry but that's wrong : depending your gear , your choices , your build , you can have a chain skills of five attacks , even if yes , four are from first jobs . with my scad and my direct damages even my weakest skill attack can hit 2k on many players and 3,5 -4k on mobs.

meaning you can be consider as a threat , moreover if you are a bit hard to kill. meaning you can be a good decoy for your team cause as soon as they see you some are dumbs enough to focus on you giving opportunity to your team to take them "in the back". what happen not often just because many are unable to play others ways than selfish and "i want to make kills , kills, kills, ", with no strategy sense.

nowadays turan physics have become near useless but from my opinion commie much more than prots : damages are weak anyway , you are more squishy , nothing protects your only chance to survive crowd (adamant) from soccer , even fillers , moreover if there is two sins. most of the sins break their teeth on me. they eat commies. that can be HELPING for the team.

MOREOVER i stop count the number of time where my def buff even lvl 1 make a party tougher. i stop count the number of time my restraint rescission cut off WL strategy, i stop count the number of time my two heals prevent (what is helped by having a good SCAD , coming from SS choice , yeah- and even if i know , hell yeah , choose MND is even more OP , tks !) a team mate from dying and turn him as an immediate threat not solve , like some high dps or PB i keep out of death like this.

Yes but how much are you killing? I'm assuming he wants to SS because he wants dmg, and with first job skills on cap defense no prot will be hitting 2k with their weakest attacks.  If he's going into the mindset that he wants a prot SS for dmg then he'll be in for a rude awakening.  

I like sins also, just activate over 10+ buffs and they waste time trying to kill me and usually I kill them first.  And a commies damage might not be great but mine seems to do just fine for now.  Also, if I want my team to stop a prot I can slow/face strike/stun him until my team swamps him, works all the time.  On the other hand I don't think I've ever actually paid attention to a prot on the battlefield if they were attacking me.  

Since the OP changed his post to being better without attack skills I'm assuming he now wants survivability and healing.  If so then yes you're fine without a bunch of attack skills because all you're really ever going to do is annoy people anyways and help your team's rad out with heals.

Simple thing is this, if you want to survive longer go prot.  If you want to possibly kill something and then die go commander.  If you focus too much on trying to dmg as a protector you wont last as long, if you focus too much on trying to stay alive as a commander you wont kill as much.  Yes there are "Hybrid ways of making your class yadayada", but this is Requiem made by Gravity.  In the end they have a tendency of pushing players to play only one way (unless you are going for funzies aka the commander running around with a 2h sword).  If anybody has any debating that I welcome trading foc/tb scores for proofs o_o

Edited by BloodyHalo, 24 April 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#9 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

Trust me go ss.

Here`s my build :

Defender Tree:

Defender_Chain_Slash.gif  1  Defender_Physical_Blessing.gif 1  

Defender_Taunt.gif 10(you can keep it at 1 but, i just like to pull mobs that are far away with it and with a 3 sec cooldown + 1.2k threat makes  it a pretty neat skill)

Defender_Survival_Instinct.gif 10 + 6 dna         Defender_Shield_Strike.gif 5           Defender_Taunting_Cry.gif 10

Prot Tree:

Defender_Low_Blow.gif 10         Defender_Restoration.gif 1       Defender_Restraint_Rescission.gif 0    Defender_Shield_Mastery.gif 10+10 dna

Protector_Sacred_Hand.gif 10+10PotensDna    Defender_Spiritual_Intensification.gif 10  Defender_Aegis_of_Protection.gif 10+1 Dna

Protector_Lesser_Party_Heal.gif 7+7PotensDna        Defender_Shield_Fortress.gif 7+7StrDna   Protector_Broken_Morale.gif 4

Note that the build is for lvl 90 and with 40 dna points.You will be able to get 30 without mall.

I suggest that u place ur dna points like this :

7 Shield fortress  

10 Shield mastery

10 Potens sacred hand

3 Potens lesser party heal

Good luck with your prot

Thx wiki for the img.

#10 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

Go SS so that you can heal 3k+, otherwise you would just slowly chase people around and AA, which is pretty hard with low attack speed

#11 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

why are a bunch of -_-ty prots or people who dont play prots talking about prots...

yes a prot is a SKILL SPAMMER. for heals, for dmg, for agro.

can you run without crit? sure. you can be just a big ball of goo that does well nothing.

goal of a prot in pvp? heal, annoy, debuff, remove slow, taunt out sins, and run in first hoping idiots target you first.

both skill builds posted are absolute -_- for pvp and pve. please ignore them. i will post a proper build when i get home. this is coming from the top prot on Nova, and most likely trifri as well. I can hold agro with the top dps mystic in the game with no issues even after full debuff. can tank every raid without a rad, and am a bitch to kill in foc/union, and play support properly.

@ warmachine

slow dont work on me =) only hush, but if you hushed me you dint hush one of the dmg dealers which is good =)

#12 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

la vache de melon :heh:

and for bloody/ war : of course i understand your point. and yeah maybe for a casual "free" player he will have to make that kind of choice, between making kills and die , or survive and make no kills. cause breaking that rule take lot of things a casual won't spend. so in that case , yeah probably.

i still think if your adamant remains that's because you are maybe not considered like the main threat. dunno. cause whatever the fillers when sins want to remove buffs ( except for the non -kickable of course) they can. once again moreover when at last two of them in enemy party.

i played with that filler thing too , as commie and as prot. if a buff bother them , they will remove it.

i won't say you don't do good work in battle cause of course you do. BUT , DoT could be considered as helping to "gain" the kills. was using that as a low geared commie some years ago.

i don't go in battle with the idea yeah , i will make a ton of kills. no. and i don't care. and i am satisfied when i make a draw between deaths and kills , or when like in some battlle i do 8 kills for one death. cause it's nice. but that's not my purpose anyway. BUT having decent dps  can still help : to finish some who just kill everybody around you with his aoe and you are the last standing one for example.to get rid of the more "squishy" crowders , cause there are still some, not so OP , but dangerous because of OP skills

and agree about our "immunity" to slow , almost (restraint can miss sometimes even at max) , and hush on us is a waste.  shield strike can be tactic if your team use it to put a "serious" crowd during that time. but except that , stun the prot is near pointless for you too.

you really do good work with your "low" SCAD. but i can't afford commie play style with my lag anyway. his survivability is near 0. you won't kill anything being dead all the time.

for "free" players once , again, and moreover with low hardware and / or internet. commie is not a viable option despite your good example.

on an other example , you see the other day what would be the result between you and a zerk. yeah our classes have been forgotten , but still now , a zerk better fear and wait for pb. not needed against commie. but yeah i am weak to Terms of Service and sleep. like somebody write some where in the forum "nobody is an island" i suppose what it mean , as writing here something in my own language would not be understood , i can only suppose it's same kind of idea : nobody's unbeatable. not even zerk pb , just harder and need a team :heh:  what a good joke devs , tks for that !

So Dragon , sorry for my very long blabla : Prot , yes , IS SS. but if you are newbie , casual and free player don't run for damages , just try to stay alive for now. but going AA is a closed way.range attack need you to hug , or sit on enemy knees. what you "spend" in CAD is lost for your heals...etc. good luck in ReQQ :no1:

Edited by ARKILIUS, 24 April 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#13 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

why are a bunch of -_-ty prots or people who dont play prots talking about prots...

yes a prot is a SKILL SPAMMER. for heals, for dmg, for agro.

can you run without crit? sure. you can be just a big ball of goo that does well nothing.

goal of a prot in pvp? heal, annoy, debuff, remove slow, taunt out sins, and run in first hoping idiots target you first.

both skill builds posted are absolute -_- for pvp and pve. please ignore them. i will post a proper build when i get home. this is coming from the top prot on Nova, and most likely trifri as well. I can hold agro with the top dps mystic in the game with no issues even after full debuff. can tank every raid without a rad, and am a bitch to kill in foc/union, and play support properly.

@ warmachine

slow dont work on me =) only hush, but if you hushed me you dint hush one of the dmg dealers which is good =)

Hush you stun dmg dealer kill him then go on ignoring your existence xD.  If it takes me longer than 7 seconds to kill a dps then I'm doing something wrong!  I only slow prots if its a one on one fight because that battle will go on for an eternity >_>.

And yes Ark I 100% agree for a free player commies get wiped off the map.  

#14 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

prot are skillspam witches eye and mag damage jewels. u do it right and u can solo jugger pretty dam easy infact. aa prot cant solo -_-. u gotta balance stuff out.

Edited by sonemere, 24 April 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#15 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:49 PM

How many years a prot need to solo jugger?

#16 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

How many years a prot need to solo jugger?

25 mins 

#17 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

well a End Game Protector should be indeed play SS

but for starter 50+ it won`t work out for all.

If your new to the Game and struggling with +50% Skill Crit Rate, 

Better go AA. there are only 2 DMG AoE`s anyway.

So AoE Grinding is just not effective at that Point.

I would recommend to go for AA Build until you hit 80+ or Cap level.

Not everyone level from 1-90 within 3 Days.

You can enjoy the Questing and leveling more with a AA build into my Eyes.

Go with some Seamless:

->

http://requiem.irowi...lar_Icecap_(S2)

or RH Set , thats not so hard to get & Reinforce.

oh and back to your Question i would always recommend an Attack speed of 1.0. For Protectors.

AA or SS 

GL

Edited by Sandyman, 25 April 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#18 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

If it takes me longer than 7 seconds to kill a dps then I'm doing something wrong! 

>.<

my defiler lol....

#19 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

>.<

my defiler lol....

Well it would have happened if someone  hadn't dove off a cliff o.O.  

Edited by BloodyHalo, 27 April 2015 - 03:12 AM.

#20 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:05 AM

Requiem_2015_04_23_22_22_41_00.pngRequiem_2015_04_23_22_22_47_24.png

Is a good SS build?

#21 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

No, why attack speed if u SS?!

#22 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

No, why attack speed if u SS?!

Why not? I got problem with max MP! So maybe AS.

#23 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:27 AM

Well it would have happened if someone  hadn't dove off a cliff o.O.  

I was in the mood for a swim!

but still that wasn't anywhere near 7 seconds.

ill say around 16 seconds of constant skill spamming.

which means if you hadn't hushed me, and hushed a prot instead, you would have gotten shredded. and by shredded I mean lithed :p_laugh:

#24 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

PVE BUILD:

NO DEFENSE BUFFS FROM DEFENDER TREE. 94 skill points, rest wherever the hell you want them

onslaught 10

low blow 10

restoration 10

shield mastery 10

sacred hand 10

aegis of protection 10

lesser party heal 7

shield fortress 7

taunting cry 10

taunt 10

Edited by Apollonia93, 27 April 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#25 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

PVE BUILD:

NO DEFENSE BUFFS FROM DEFENDER TREE. 94 skill points, rest wherever the hell you want them

onslaught 10

low blow 10

restoration 10

shield mastery 10

sacred hand 10

aegis of protection 10

lesser party heal 7

shield fortress 7

taunting cry 10

taunt 10

U forgot dna

0 user(s) are reading this topic