Renewal is actually decent. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Renewal is actually decent.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

So I got bored on Classic and decided to try Renewal out. I've played since 2003, but I quit when Renewal was new right around the time RG reflect leveling was nerfed. That being said, I really didn't dive too far into Renewal...

I wanted to try Renewal because 193 ASPD just looked awesome! Considering I can't get higher then 190 where I am use to, this was a pretty huge incentive.

What did I do? I started on a new account and started with nothing. I took all of the advice I could find on the forums, which was buy KP/WPE and make zeny that way. I just xfered stuff instead, but was along the same lines lol. 

Few concerns with Renewal though...

1. Why does Arrow Storm have such a long cool down? Slows me down in all TI's that I can't just fwing and AS, I have to wait slightly before doing it. 

2. Started like 5 days ago. Between being sick, still working/going to school I got up to level 130+. When does the grind start? (playing hybrid ranger, 100% solo play). Also when will partying be required? I am doing fine now solo in high TI, but I'm assuming that at some point I will need to party? Hopefully? 

3. Is WoE any good (as ranger, pure AS or w/e is needed)? Heard so many mixed reviews. I am only up to par with WoE TE.

4. Why is 99% of everything of importance come from the kafra shop? Thank god I can just xfer WPE, but I can't imagine how many pockets get emptied with this system. Don't get me wrong, I have had a blast with the upgrading system, but man does it cost a lot of zeny to xfer to KP!!!

5. What is there to do that is challenging? I am looking for solo play PVE/MVP, I am not convinced WoE is worth the effort yet. However, the PVE/MVP side of things is a refreshing break from Classic to have all of these options and new things to try. Leveling has proven to be a joke thus far, is the end game instances and things of that nature just as easy or does it pick up at some point to offer any real challenges?

#2 ImReveL

ImReveL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

yes, AS shouldn't have that long cooldown.
it's a pretty good skills with good AOE and good damage so every people need it.
Gravity must remove the cooldown of AS,reduces the arrow requirement and also increase the damage limit, cz it can't pass 999k.

:p_smile: 

#3 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

I feel like I'm the only one playing both Chaos + Loki! Welcome to the renewal side of life. It feels a bit clunky but you get used to it.

1. Do you have white wing set + elven bow + elven arrows? The delay is ok once you get the set for huge AS damage. If you're rich get a +12 BXB for 1 shot fun in TI's.

2. 150-175 is the "grind" I guess. Party/solo can start at 70 for gramps Ti, up to 150 base.

3. Can't say.

4. Because a huge population on a model like this is built around KP's (business = win).

5. Check out https://www.youtube....ser/SlykDesigns for some guides - this guy is awesome (although he speaks so softly sometimes).

Welcome to the other dark side mate!

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

2. Started like 5 days ago. Between being sick, still working/going to school I got up to level 130+. When does the grind start? (playing hybrid ranger, 100% solo play). Also when will partying be required? I am doing fine now solo in high TI, but I'm assuming that at some point I will need to party? Hopefully?

Grind starts after 150 since there's barely any content for the 150-175 range. kRO wanted RO to be centered around soloing so that's why parties are needed less and less nowadays. Heck, one of the recent instances can only be done alone, no parties allowed.

4. Why is 99% of everything of importance come from the kafra shop? Thank god I can just xfer WPE, but I can't imagine how many pockets get emptied with this system. Don't get me wrong, I have had a blast with the upgrading system, but man does it cost a lot of zeny to xfer to KP!!!

Because they need to make money somehow. Welcome to free-to-play.

5. What is there to do that is challenging? I am looking for solo play PVE/MVP, I am not convinced WoE is worth the effort yet. However, the PVE/MVP side of things is a refreshing break from Classic to have all of these options and new things to try. Leveling has proven to be a joke thus far, is the end game instances and things of that nature just as easy or does it pick up at some point to offer any real challenges?

Nightmare dungeons, instances... That's about all I can think of.

#5 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

ZeroTigress - we totally were typing the same answers at the same time. BFF?

#6 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

Rangers don't need buffs, trust me, they really, really don't. ._.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

ZeroTigress - we totally were typing the same answers at the same time. BFF?

I didn't even answer all the questions. :U

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

yeah arrow storm is so underpowered. gravity needs to reduce its cooldown by 3 secs and double the damage modifier.

#9 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

Since when was ragnarok about killing creeps?

WoE, Don't WoE... W/E you will find ranger is puny and common.

Once you hit the 50% exp rate running 3% death rates and inability to 1 hit ko the whole mob, well you will start the grind.

1: Everything in renewal has huge cooldowns, doesnt matter if you deal 500k or 5k
2: Party is never required when running insurance 3xexp vip and consumables... why run with leeches? 
3: WoE isnt any good unless you're a 175 RK with Tao and GTB

4: Zeny come's from kafra shop item sales :S ? Zeny buys item drops? Makes sense ... 
5: MVP's are constantly camped.... instances cooldowns suck and all are rather basic.

Game is what it is, a big old chat room.

Edited by IronFist, 24 April 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

Rangers don't need buffs, trust me, they really, really don't. ._.

Yes they doooooooooo. One shotting 130k hp characters with AoE in WoE isn't enough!

I like renewal but I always find the (what feels like) massive delay/latency is offputting. WoE is incredibly laggy for me (WoE 1 and 2) but TE feels... ok. Laggier than Classic but doable. I would not like to speculate on the cause of the lag, but it felt like some of the bs we experienced on late old chaos/Ymir. With the delayed recalls, disconnections on dying, etc. That aside, it's fun.

My chars are 150 and I don't really have a hope in hell of leveling them without bio4 parties I guess. Waiting until I have more free time to level my renewal things (and I still need to settle on a main WoE Class, pvm is  AB no brainer)

Renewals micro-transaction system is pretty gross. It's really hard to play without it, I plan to get around it by never paying for my renewal accounts and using classic stuff to get wpe etc. Failing that I'll do commissions.

Which is a shame, they could totally have a completely aesthetic kafra shop and it would work fine on renewal.

p.s: B> costume for my costume's costume.

Edited by Xellie, 24 April 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#11 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

Started like 5 days ago. Between being sick, still working/going to school I got up to level 130+. When does the grind start?

Ranger sure has it easy

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

ranger is the hardest class to play. you will have hard time finding party, you need a tremendous amount of zeny to be on par with other class. the community created hat also useless. you are doomed.

Edited by fuyukikun, 24 April 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

I didn't even answer all the questions. :U

hypocrite

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

hypocrite

At least I don't answer questions meant for someone else.

#15 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:22 AM

they weren't going to answer most of those questions anyway. WP has the kid gloves on.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:24 AM

they weren't going to answer most of those questions anyway. WP has the kid gloves on.

That's on them. If I wanted non-kRO answers, I wouldn't have bothered posting those questions there.

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

some of those questions, like the 150+ content one, had also been answered in the past. hence my response.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:42 AM

some of those questions, like the 150+ content one, had also been answered in the past. hence my response.

I already know the non-kRO answers, I wanted to hear the actual kRO answers. Why would I bother reposting those questions there if I already got the answers I needed from kRO?

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:57 AM

I'm getting the impression that you think WP just answers people's questions with 0 input from kRO. surely you don't believe that's the case?

using the 150+ question as an example, the idea was to release 160 level cap last year. current content in game still supports that. hell even I've gotten 160+ by this point without even going to bio4 once.

however, that 160 cap release for some reason wasn't able to be separated from the 175/60 update, hence WP made the decision to release both together rather than leaving the players with nothing at all. your question about why 175/60 being released without content to support it is therefore not applicable since that wasn't the intention to begin with.

what would you still need kRO to address in that case?

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:06 AM

I'm getting the impression that you think WP just answers people's questions with 0 input from kRO. surely you don't believe that's the case?

using the 150+ question as an example, the idea was to release 160 level cap last year. current content in game still supports that. hell even I've gotten 160+ by this point without even going to bio4 once.

however, that 160 cap release for some reason wasn't able to be separated from the 175/60 update, hence WP made the decision to release both together rather than leaving the players with nothing at all. your question about why 175/60 being released without content to support it is therefore not applicable since that wasn't the intention to begin with.

what would you still need kRO to address in that case?

It is a developmental question which I doubt WarpPortal is privy to. It has nothing to do with how we got updates from them and I fail to see how you thought it was a question related to that.

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:14 AM

You still can play RG. It might be a good thing that Ive nevr played a RG when it was strong. I started off playing when a RG is weak and it still is. I am sure you will still like a RG given that youre a diehard Paladin player.

Pure AS ranger is pretty weak in WoE. Ranger is pretty week itself by default. However in our current renewal WoE, rangers seem to be very strong due to Thanatos or Samurai with No limit skill. But it is all about "personal skills" that matter anyways according to some pro. Hence MVPs are just in high demads for retarded reasons because they never needed in WoE but more than half of WoE population, people run with either MVPs or Gods. To be brutally honest to you, to be someone and to be able to rekt people, you will need MVP or some OP gears from cash shop.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 April 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#22 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

1. Do you have white wing set + elven bow + elven arrows? The delay is ok once you get the set for huge AS damage. If you're rich get a +12 BXB for 1 shot fun in TI's.

I have the +9 as elven, +9 wws set, sound amp, +9 vana, ect for as. Made a +12 eddga, +9 temp agi ld/ad ect for auto attack fun. Luckily funding isn't an issue at all. The delay is annoying when I fwing and can't instantly use it again. not use to such crazy delay systems yet.

For the topic, I just wanted to play around at 193 aspd and try out some different content in the game. Picked ranger because all I hear on forums is they are op and the 193 aspd on them would be kickass.

@chakri, I was actually thinking about doing one of my many rgs after ranger :x. I made a bunch of them so I could pass them out to friends for banding (I quit before bandin became a thing). RG shouldn't be too bad to level. I think I'm going to do that afterwards :)

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 24 April 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#23 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

A/S Is pretty OP, I am sure some of these newer enchants will reduce the cooldown (Unsure).  You can easily solo with Camo + A/S + Camo.  You will easily find any Gramps TI party with A/S. Just saying.  My DB RK doesn't get parties in Mid because I am still 105... I just solo until I get closer to the 115.

#24 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:00 AM

1. Why does Arrow Storm have such a long cool down? Slows me down in all TI's that I can't just fwing and AS, I have to wait slightly before doing it.

It begins

#25 terio07

terio07

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

GM why my character change 2 migration from new loki server? my is only one but why it turns to many and why my GENETIC character is gone?

Edited by terio07, 24 April 2015 - 07:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users