Renewal is actually decent. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Renewal is actually decent.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#26 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

So I got bored on Classic and decided to try Renewal out. I've played since 2003, but I quit when Renewal was new right around the time RG reflect leveling was nerfed. That being said, I really didn't dive too far into Renewal...

I wanted to try Renewal because 193 ASPD just looked awesome! Considering I can't get higher then 190 where I am use to, this was a pretty huge incentive.

If you think 193 aspd is fun you gotta try 193 aspd with a cd in mouth auto warg strike and fear breeze

#27 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

Also make sure you buy an AlienWare PC or build your own gaming rig.

If you think 193 aspd is fun you gotta try 193 aspd with a cd in mouth auto warg strike and fear breeze

#28 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

alienware rig so you can see that 256 color palette in high def.

#29 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

Build your own, don't give Alienware your money. 

#30 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

I forgot about cd in mouth! Omg sounds like fun. What about the advanced ror/rofl? Do they cast those stupid skills like sonic blow that requires you to click on the monster again to continue to attack it? My accessory slots are empty and get 193 with just boots, garment, bless/agi, VIP buff, and aspd potions. Would the advanced ror/rofl slow me down overall (not dps, but number of attacks)?

#31 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

Build your own, don't give Dell your money.

fixt

I forgot about cd in mouth! Omg sounds like fun. What about the advanced ror/rofl? Do they cast those stupid skills like sonic blow that requires you to click on the monster again to continue to attack it? My accessory slots are empty and get 193 with just boots, garment, bless/agi, VIP buff, and aspd potions. Would the advanced ror/rofl slow me down overall (not dps, but number of attacks)?

the benefit of the advanced ring set is that SB and GFist are removed from the rotation so your autoattacking will no longer be interrupted :Uc

Edited by Necrohealiac, 24 April 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#32 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

That is amazing! So do you guys think it's worth it, for "fun's sake"?

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

i've seen a lot of aspd chars utilize the cd and ring sets (Shadowchasers, aspd rangers, etc) so it probably isn't bad at all.

#34 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

yea like necro said, advanced rofl and ror set is pretty fun.  I don't think they're worth the accessory slots though because you lose out on some good accessories like the bacon tattoo.

Also not 100% positive, but i think you can't proc bowling bash when at range with ranged attacks.  At least i've never seen it proc at ranged before.

As for consumables are you using celermine juice and guarana candy?  Both stacks with awakening potion.

#35 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Just the juice, not the candy. It's really easy for maxing aspd here. I will have to change it up when I start MVPing for more crit. I haven't done too much auto attack fun cuz I just do the retarded as leveling. Very boring, but it's basically free and fast.

#36 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Just the juice, not the candy. It's really easy for maxing aspd here. I will have to change it up when I start MVPing for more crit. I haven't done too much auto attack fun cuz I just do the retarded as leveling. Very boring, but it's basically free and fast.

candy is another 10% and its typically cheaper than celermine.  Its also gives a level 5 agi up as well if you need the bonus walk speed.

#37 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

That's reallygood to know, thank you!

#38 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

That's reallygood to know, thank you!

derp i totally forgot,  petite tail noodles give +20 to luk for like 5ish minutes.  They're also dirt cheap, so there is really no reason not to use them if you have more than a few million zeny.  Luk gives a bonus to a ton of things so its applicable for all classes.

You can make up for a lot of damage/performance through consumables.  Dex and agi food is pretty expensive though, but i'm sure if you talk to a few venders you can work out a deal with them if you want to buy in bulk.

To bad you missed the takoyaki event.  They are pretty amazing.

Even with all the extra levels, you'll find that you'll be wanting to squeeze out as much stats as you can later on, so cheap consumables can give you that extra kick you need to hit certain thresholds.

As for when the 'grind' starts, its typically at level 141+.  I wouldn't waste your time with high TI at 141+ when you can do the mora bounty boards.  Eclage tower with the bounty boards give you pretty decent exp/hr and a you can get some zeny out of it if you get lucky with card drops.  As a ranger, i would not waste your time with bio4 until you're at least 160, you won't have enough HP to not get 1 shotted by fireballs until then.  Don't be your average 1 vit dummy, you'll want at least 90 vit.  You won't regret it.

#39 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

Takooooo~!

http://ragial.com/sh...Renewal/4967012

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 April 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#40 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

Thread about rangers  :heh:

nerf them plox

#41 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

Nerf RK first pleaes /gg

#42 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Great stuff! I kind of figured a lot out by reading forums and wiki and trying stuff out. Missing out on so many little things that help, so thank you.

Right now for base stats I have

1 str
90 dex
30 int (got +9 vana for sp and sa for cast reduction)
40 vit (working on this now)
120 agi (should have waited, but this is the whole reason I chose renewal lol)
60 luk (going drastically higher after vit)

I'm thrilled to try out off this this content that is new to me! Hoping for some challenges to struggle overcoming. I might just get 150 then get an old RG of mine to 150 before finishing ranger.

I guess at this point I should start looking for a guild or group to play with. Probably run RG eventually for woe (pure fs), variety of rgs for PVM and ranger for PvM/MVP ect. I can't stress enough how excited I am to do this new content. :)

#43 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

check the guild recruitment section.  Honestly I would personally stick with a social/pve guild at first.  Get a feel for the community and see who you want to actually hang out with.  Nothing wrong with hopping between groups to socialize with to see who you click with.  Don't fall into the trap of being 'forever loyal' to your first guild.  The first guild you join might not be the best people to hang out with, nor the friendliest.

WoE will be around forever, but you won't always have the opportunity to make new friends.

Edit: just saw your stat build.  Honestly i'd lower your total agi unless you're using the temporal agi boots.  Use all the consumables minus vip buffs and ask for bless/agi.  Then add in agi and dex until you get the bare minimum to hit 193.  A dead ranger does no damage.

Edited by schia, 24 April 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#44 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Renewal is really fun.

Classic has the nostalgia factor and it's fun in it its own right.

I just felt like everything was stagnant in the end. Around a year ago, doing Thors for hours upon hours probably killed it for me.

#45 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

keep in mind that when thor goes online, mesmerist will be on both renewal servers so you get a one time stat/skill reset if you want to play around with a different build.

#46 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

Nerf RK first pleaes /gg

nerfed or not my RK has the cutest sprite  :heh:

#47 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

Candy doesn't stack with awakes. The aspd from candies is purely from the agility up it gives. It's not an additional 10%if you are already using awakes. Candy = Concentration potion + agi up 5. In renewal, concentration, awakes and berserks do not stack

#48 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

Think its best to save the acc slots for either Bako Tatto, or Medal of Honor.

Tried before those rings and in terms of DPS they dont impress....

Gl

#49 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

Candy doesn't stack with awakes. The aspd from candies is purely from the agility up it gives. It's not an additional 10%if you are already using awakes. Candy = Concentration potion + agi up 5. In renewal, concentration, awakes and berserks do not stack

oh shoot really?  Dang i always thought it did cuz i've always popped the candy before the awakes.

Still agi up effect for move speed is always nice if you're a class without movespeed buff.

#50 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

oh shoot really?  Dang i always thought it did cuz i've always popped the candy before the awakes.

Still agi up effect for move speed is always nice if you're a class without movespeed buff.

I always use candies on ranger regardless because agi up allows the character moves faster than with windwalker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users