Ohayo ! ^ . ^ Can You Teach Me How To Build an Shadow Chaser .. Arrow Strom type - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ohayo ! ^ . ^ Can You Teach Me How To Build an Shadow Chaser .. Arrow Strom type

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 sheshe03

sheshe03

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

:p_smile:  :p_sad:  Hello ... Im new here in Chaos Renewal Server I'm Asking for Shadow Chaser Build ..

my Current Level is 56 Stalker I need any idea how to get fast leveling im Playing Almost 3 weeks and this my first Char Thank you ...

#2 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

this is a weird advice to give to new player, but here it goes : Have you considered to play another class? Sc is a very hard class to level up and gear up. They are naturally terrible in PvM. You will need quite a few number of pricey gears just to deal decent damage using AS. I suggest you to go for easy to play class that can do extremely well in pvm to farm your zeny. Ranger, for example. After you manage to get decent amount of zeny, if you are still interested in this class, you can try it again later. Sc is mostly played by Woe active players or those who want to have some fun with autocast gears.

ps: it is a myth that rogue>stalker job tree is good for starting in new server. Some people said that it is good since they got gank which double the amount of loots, but it is only working until 99, or until you reach 3rd class. Most of your gaming experience in RO will come from 3rd class. the progression of 1st class>2nd class>trans>99/70 is extremely fast in renewal. It is better if you just go for good PVM 3rd class and make a BlackSmith along the way as your "wallet" and free greed.

#3 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

I think GX is easier than ranger to be honest. And cheaper.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

I think GX is easier than ranger to be honest. And cheaper.

I don't.

#5 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

I don't.

Gonna have to agree with Jaye on this one, GX is the most expensive character to gear to be half decent. @_@

Ranger you can gear for peanuts and people will still accept you, not to mention the mora gear is easily obtainable for free...

Don't get much easier than spamming arrow storm. 1 button.

Edited by ceinchase, 24 April 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:26 AM

Gonna have to agree with Jaye on this one, GX is the most expensive character to gear to be half decent. @_@
Ranger you can gear for peanuts and people will still accept you, not to mention the mora gear is easily obtainable for free...

Don't get much easier than spamming arrow storm. 1 button.

what's considered "half-decent?" AS can be pretty crap unless you get your WWS and a decent weapon too right?

i don't have any particularly expensive gears on my GX; outside of the weapons they can all be repurposed for most other classes too (e. variants, hbp, vanargand helm, etc).

agree that SC is utter crap though in PVM. you need to copy other class abilities to be effective in AoE and even then your version of the skill is gimped (more sp cost, less damage b/c lacking certain class-specific buffs, etc).

Edited by Necrohealiac, 24 April 2015 - 06:27 AM.

#7 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

I'm pretty sure you guys have played both classes before, but if you wing into the middle of a screen full of mobs, which class is easier to kill them all? And I mean all. Not some and wing away. This is what I mean by easier.

As for gear, all it takes is 4x HF specialty jur. I have never ASed without mora gear + elven before, so I don't even know how high damage can get with cheaper bows. And when you get to higher TIs, good luck trying to mob + 2 shot with all this lag.

#8 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

what's considered "half-decent?" AS can be pretty crap unless you get your WWS and a decent weapon too right?

i don't have any particularly expensive gears on my GX; outside of the weapons they can all be repurposed for most other classes too (e. variants, hbp, vanargand helm, etc).

agree that SC is utter crap though in PVM. you need to copy other class abilities to be effective in AoE and even then your version of the skill is gimped (more sp cost, less damage b/c lacking certain class-specific buffs, etc).

Elven bows are pretty cheap (18m no upgrades?) and wws gear is all obtainable through daily quests you can do on any character so they are basically free. Even if you buy them you can buy the non-upgraded pieces for 4m each or less. You can use this stuff until late in the game if you really wanted to. Sin class is pretty unwanted the whole way through in comparison (sad but true, they aren't really a key class early on in parties unless it's for pulling, and even then I would rather take peco classes), and when you get to end game it's pretty much +12 or higher KVM and megs or gtfo because some other class can do it better and more efficiently. Hunter/Sniper is just as good in the early stages solo and in the later stages it has the most powerful AoE in the game for PvM. Personally, I feel like if you don't have uber gears for a GX you shouldn't even bother because it isn't worth the effort for so little reward. That's just me though. I just couldn't in good conscience recommend it to someone starting out because I feel like it is frustrating and more of a challenge class. Plus EDP compared to the price of arrows...

Edited by ceinchase, 24 April 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

I'm pretty sure you guys have played both classes before, but if you wing into the middle of a screen full of mobs, which class is easier to kill them all? And I mean all.

Hi/low/mid ti?

High: ranger
Mid: sorc, ranger, performer, rune knight
Low: any class with aoe

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

i think the only GX specific gear I've spent a significant amount of resources on is my KVM weapon. really getting up to GX was the hardest part from my experience since you're correct in that they're not really desirable besides PD tank/pullers in low TI. Once you get RC though you can solo TI so that's actually pretty efficient. Even using EDP the loots and such will more than pay you back for any consumables you spend in there.

After 150 I've continued to solo so my current equips are sufficient for that purpose. with a limited amount of time to play each night, I'd rather go and get some exp rather than waiting 5 hrs for a bio4 party to get off the ground and then disband after the first wipe :V

EDPs aren't all that expensive either, although they have gone up in price since the level increase. worst case scenario people can just do investment, keep any EDPs they get, and still come out ahead by selling the rest of the stuff.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

gx can easily solo tis once they have potions and edp, but ranger can always solo and always party, at near zero cost. Its the easier of the two.

Also 150+ easier for ranger w/ bio4.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

if you have the old high TI quests saved you can sneak into high TI even beyond 150 depending on what's in that week :V

#13 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

Hi/low/mid ti?

High: ranger
Mid: sorc, ranger, performer, rune knight
Low: any class with aoe

You can do that with those classes with 75m in gear and 0 whites? Can you greed everything on screen with one button? I remember when Aunoes were in the TI, I came out with cards without even seeing them drop. I found ~10 cards in like two days? While I see rangers having to fly away leaving their cards on the ground. And like someone else mentioned, the drops greeded cover the cost of poisons. I never see any other classes pick up any loot. It really is too much trouble without an HBP.

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:25 AM

You can do that with those classes with 75m in gear and 0 whites? Can you greed everything on screen with one button? I remember when Aunoes were in the TI, I came out with cards without even seeing them drop. I found ~10 cards in like two days? While I see rangers having to fly away leaving their cards on the ground. And like someone else mentioned, the drops greeded cover the cost of poisons. I never see any other classes pick up any loot. It really is too much trouble without an HBP.

Yeah sometimes I compare my pro geared character to eden gear equipped noobs, too.

#15 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

go with ranger if you have absolutely 0 starting zeny. IF and only IF you manage to get your hand on some zeny (selling KP or WPE, duh), gx seem to be a better choice.

#16 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yeah sometimes I compare my pro geared character to eden gear equipped noobs, too.

words hurt

#17 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

I am also having problems on what class to make as my farmer. Then, I heard that GXes are expensive to gear, so I went and made a future ranger (still a lowbie high archer as of this moment).

BUT

According to my friends, GXes do not easily get OW when farming+greed. So I told them that I will make my ranger TI farmer, but they rebutted and said, solo-farming with a GX is the way to go.

So now, what?

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

well obviously unless you're a trapper ranger, a ranger's weight capacity pales in comparison to any class that uses strength. GX also has one of the highest (maybe 2nd highest?) hp modifiers in the game. helps make up for the fact that they don't normally use shields.

Overall, thief skills help add additional flee and the high hp pool helps mitigate the instances when you do get hit. AS Rangers can put out massive ranged AoE, but are glass cannons.

#19 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

words hurt

#20 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

210998-thinking-meme-face.jpg

#21 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

In all fairness, it's all situational for faster leveling. It depends on whether you can only solo, or if you have time to party. Keep in mind though, just because you can get into parties easily, doesn't mean that your party is guaranteed to go immediately, and be successful.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

<-- forever alone

#23 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

<-- forever alone

Edited by juxtapposed, 24 April 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

Chaser I'd the best farming character. Self heal wins for long time farming. Also the best item farming is like, intim turn undead, steal from dark priests (guild dungeon) and kill with turn undead. Black rosary are several hundred mil each.

#25 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. I got a Ranger and I got a GX. I have made way more money with my GX than my Ranger for the reasons discussed here.

I feel I have lost money with my Ranger up to this point because I been leveling and leveling and not really farmed with it yet. I do believe that I can make all that money back though once I start running instances and what not. I am 149 with my Ranger.

GX can loot stuff way easier with a heroic back pack, and not use too many pots do to the leech back gear. My GX is only 132.

Getting a backpack is not difficult either, just save up some zeny through your non trans and trans days.

Instances seem to be easier on GX too snd that's where most of income comes from.

I popped 20 BB with my ranger and got no good loots so even MVping won't be giving u good return, unless you get a 0.01% item.

Anyway, Moneymaker??? GX for me. Fun factor??? Ranger.

Fun and moneymaker? GX

Okthxbye

Edited by MoyuZ777, 24 April 2015 - 11:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users