Sorcerer- A fabulous class to conquer Dragon Saga World ( Guide ) - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerer- A fabulous class to conquer Dragon Saga World ( Guide )

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ChungEm

ChungEm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

First, i apologize to all for my bad English, this is the first time I write a Build/Guide, and English is not my mother tounge, but i will try my best to make you understand.

Now, let's start with Pros and Cons of being a Sorcerer:

Pros :

• Super fun to play, just imagine that you can unleash tons and tons of AoE skill to your enemies. How cool is that !
  • One of the easiest class to play, from level 1 to level 85,  you can solo and dish out all kinds of monsters and bosses ( and even elga, of course with decent gears )
  • One of the class that have cheapest item : about 70% MAGES ARE INVOKERS, so we can easily buy the stuffs we need without wasting too much money.
  • SLOW HEAL and MANA SHIELD : A Gift from heaven for sorcerer. With these skills, and without lag, sorcerers are super thick when PvE, and maybe in PvP too
  • Group PVP are designed for Sorcerer, actually that's not true, but your team will gain lots of advantage when having you - powerful sorcerer - in the team. The Crowd Control,DPS, bla bla... are amazing 

Cons

• Easy to play, but hard to master all the technique, especially in PvP
  • Few people play Sorcerer, that's mean items for sorcerer also rares.
  • One of the class that have many useless skill
  • Awakening Skills of Socerer are not very powerful.
  • Elemental damage doesnt stack with most of Sorcerer's skills, so we will have a little disadvantage

Skill Build

Lv1-19 : there are plenty of ways to use ur skill in this period, mainly because leveling with Magician is quite easy, but at lv 19, please use the lv1-19 reset scroll to change your skill to this guide

• Point Burster (0/5): you have it right from the start, and it's suck. After resetting your skill point, dont spend a single SP on this skill
  • Air Combo (0/5): just like the upper skill : useless. Do what ever you want to do, then reset and leave it at 0
  • Meteor Fall (0/5): kind useful when leveling at low-level, but reset it and leave it at 0 when u reach level 19
  • Re-launch (0/5); another useless skill : Sorcerer is a ground-based class, so lauch enemy to the air is not very useful
  • Blink (1/1): you will need this skill sometimes in your journey: dodge skill, retreat, stay alive blabla...
  • Fortress (1/5 ), Cannon Upgrade (1/5): This skill is for f7 purpose - bombs killer, plash 5 maximum bombs in 1 hit,and give them the poison effect, that 's acceptable.
  • Bullet Acceleration (0/5): you only use Fortress in F7, and it doesnt really matter to shoot bullet quickly or not.
  • Focus (5/5): worth maxing skill. It give you INT and MATK boost 
  • Slow Heal (5/5 - 10/10): This is the skill that every other classes want to have ( except for Invoker of course ). It heals you 5% of max HP in 3 seconds at level 5 and 7.5% at level 10. Find Monster card to increase the cap level of this skill or find socket skill card to level up.
  • Self heal (0/5): You dont need this skill, Slow heal is enough.
  • Magician's Wisdom (0/1): you never use this skill,so...

Lv20 - 39 : Nothing much to talk about this stage, but i will give u some info about skills

• Battle Hit (0/3) : Useless skill. Low damage, close-ranged skill, and Sorcerer is not an X Spammer
  •  Spear Mastery (0/3): The bonus goes straight to Base MATK, which is useless
  •  Fire Emblem (5/5) Only 1 word : Great. This is our main damage skill, and it interupts skill casting, moving.. basicly everythings that stands on its way. It's your most important skill
  • Energy Condensation (5/5): turn Fire Eblem from Great to Wonderful. Its basicly make the Emblem make more hits while slowing down the sphere speed
  • Magic Missile 5/5) Important skill, especially in one-on-one situation ( boss, PVP ). Its give out tons of damage immidiately
  • Tornado (2/5) Useless skill. Thats all
  • Blizzard (5/5): This is your 2nd important skill, Main skill to catch people in PVP, and of course, give out tons of damage in PVE
  • Mana Shield (5/5-10/10) Reducing 30% damage income MAX IT
  • Cloud Kill (0/5 or 5/5): This skill is kinda optional. It give acceptable damage, but the animation is long, so it's depend on you

Lv 40 - 60 : Lots of things to talk about

• Energy transformation (2/5): is enough
  • Resource Converter (1/3 or 3/3): Optional skill. If you dont want to go to town for pots, just max this skill.
  • Mirror Image (3/3): This skill will save your live in many situations ( ex. Elga 1 hit K.O. skill ).
  • Disease (1/5): Not very useful, it reduce max HP, which sound great in PVP, but it has cast time. That makes you vulnerable to other players's attack
  • Fire Ink (1/5): I dont know if this skill even work. In my char, this skill neither give effect or damage
  • Snow Blue (5/5): Nice freezing skill with higher percent than Blizzard, and the range is quite long. 
  • Staff Mastery (5/5): This skill increase the FINAL MATK, so it's very useful
  • Backdraft (5/5): give out nice damage. but small AoE
  • Spiral Cannon, Energy Burster (0/5): useless skill, unless u want to use meteor strike
  • Meteor Stike (0/5): Totally disapointed with this skill. Beautiful animation, large AoE, but damage is terribly low. 
  • Frozen Shot (3/3): make Fire Emblem become FABULOUS

Lv 61 - 85 : Your style, your build. At this time, no one will tell you what to do with the skill, you can do anything you want. the skill link is only my way to build, and it fit with my play style.

• Reverse Gravity (0/1 or 1/1): it's kinda lag when i use it, so i dont spend any point here, but, if u want to use it, that's your choice
  • Magma Piston (0/5 or 5/5): The only skill of Sorcerer that fills the Groggy bar quickly, and the skill is beutiful, but the down side is that this skill is useful only when facing big group of mobs or when facing big boss ( Ex. Kryos, Shiva... ), and the cast time is really annoying
  • Soul Drain (0/5 or 5/5): This skill is beautiful, the damage and effect is acceptable, but only at 5/5 does it become useful 
  • Time Freeze (5/5) nice skill, works in PVP, help you and your teammate in many situations
  • Awakening Charge (1/3): is enough, unless you are using Awakening skill more than Fire Emblem ~~
  • Blood Oak (0/5): increase BASE MATK, so leave this aside, dont care about it

This skill build still has 199 spare SP, so you can invest in what you want, but, as i said, you dont have to follow exactly 100% what i did, just follow your playstyle

Now, Item Build

There's many ways to use item effectively as a sorcerer, u can choose your own way.

Here are some hints to make this process easier :

1. Focus on INT, HEALTH, and AGI . One way that boosts those stat is wearing 3-3 or 2-2-2 mix Artifact Costume
  2. There are rumor that there will be an increasing in our Crit. Damage, so our mission is too boost our Crit. Damage up by mixing 3-3 chaos set item ( lv 61 and 64 set ), try to find items that have Crit. Rate and Crit. Damage opt 
  3. Try your best to make an +8 weap ASAP so ur leveling will be easier, but dont invest too much on weapon.
  4. Best Opts you should seek are : Crit Rate, Final Crit Rate, Crit Damage, 
  5. Useless Opts : STR ( of course ), Evade Rate, Max-Min Physical Damage.
  6. Movement speed is always a good option ^^.

End-game Gear

IM: 

• Head, Top, Bottom, Gloves, Shoes, Pads : Mix 2-2-2 Artifact costume is right now the best choice. Nice boost:  90 INT, 90 HLT, 25 AGI (dont know for sure if i'm correct )
  • Backpack: Hermes's wing for movement speed, or a Def wing (cape) for extra defense, or any kinds of wing that suit you
  • Accesories : Best choice of necklace will be Fire Emblem necklace ( +3 to the same name skill ), Ring will be 2 Compesation Ring, but if you cant find or dont have, you can use anything you want, Earring and Belt are optional
  • Weapon : Optional, since there are no best stats for Sorcerer in the opts of the weapons, you can use anythings that fits with ur appearance.
  • Balloon: Trip ticket or laptop for stats, but that is not compulsory, so u can use anything u have
  • Shield : Optional

Normal

• Head, Top, Bottom, Gloves, Backpack, Pads : Use PoS ( Protector of Stars ) set (6/7) except Shoes
  • Shoes : because the Opt of PoS shoes is Attack Speed, we can use BDL Shoes for Movement Speed ( +15%)
  • Accesories : 
    Neck : Karzura neck
    Ring : Optional. In my opinion, best would be 1 stella ring and 1 solar ring with highest star possible
    Belt : 3 Options : Ryvius' Belt of Purity, or Aram's Belt of Wisdom, or Black Dragon Lord Belt with highest stat possible
  • Weapon : BLD element weapon is a right choice to make, but you can also use PoS weapon too, so its kinda optional. Both weapon is strong, but if you are looking for the outlook, the BDL weapon is definately the choice to make.
  • Shield : BDL shields if u want Magic Damage Drop, or Undead Bone for Physical Damage Drop
  • Badge : Legend of Combo or Galaxy Expert

If you dont want to have more movement speed, just use PoS shoes and replace the glove with the Gloves of Alaxandre with AGI or HLT opts

Leveling

• 1-20: just do all the red quest, and you will survive. Just use quest items, dont waste money on anything. And Job change quest is a little bit hard, because you maybe reset and follow my build at lv 19, and then you dont have any attack skill. In that case, try to ask someone to help you kill the Wolf, this community is the best, so dont worry about no one will help you.
  • 20-40 : easy time with a Wizard, do quest, try to do some Hunter G quests to find spare SP or money by selling it to other people. You still dont have to waste money on any kind of items, quest items are still good for you. 
  • 40-60 : Farm 10k combo medal in F7, make Lavalon's weapon or Aram's weapon, and enchant it to at least +8 to make your life easier, Spam F7 for leveling, And the Accessories should be like this : Earing ( Ryvius's Purity ones ), Necklace ( Kazura ) Rings ( 6 star lava rings or Ryvius purity rings ) Belt ( Aram's Wisdom belt ). Equipment depends on you, but i wear full set mist elf. I strongly recommend that you should do all the Quest lead to F7, because it will help you go f7 without asking for join party ( Wizard is not quite good in hitting bombs, so maybe the leader will leave you at his/her last option. Opener solve everything )
  • 60 up : At this moment, you all have had enough experience to conquer Dragon Saga world on your own. so do whatever you like to do.

PvP Strategies:

First, 1v1 PVP

Here are some easy combos the finish off your enemy:

• Run, dash around, bring the enemy off screen -> Magic Missle : this combo never let me down, decrease enemy HP amazingly, and then when they are eating ou missiles, use Blizzard, then Fire Emblem. 
  • Blizzard or Time Freeze ( catch people ) -> Fire Emblem -> Magic Missle -> Snow Blue -> Backdraft -> Blizzard ( if he/she cant escape and hasn't die yet ) : Hard to begin, but when you've done it, finish the match is easy.

Each class PVP Strategies: In progress

Second, group PVP : This is where we shine, spam everything out, and you will help your team efficently

I guess that is all i know to tell you guys. Remember, this is only one person idea, you dont have to follow 100% of what this guide said. Just be youself and be a strong Sorcerer.

Good luck guys !!!

P/s : I would like to thanks Homurasan, Agitodesu, Infin1tea for helping me finish this Guide

Edited by ChungEm, 02 August 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#2 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

- You can actually cancel the animation of : Magic missiles, Blizzard, Resource converter, Slow heal, Energy buster, Meteor. I believe the other ones require a full animation no matter what. [Press "jump" while playing the animation.]

- Elements indeed aren't applied to most of the Wizard's skill (I believe only Magic missiles do, haven't tested the Fortress out [Edit : it does] ). I can understand why when I see an Emblem of Fire catch an opponent and hit them 10 times in a few seconds.

Now, about your skill build : 

- Meteor is a terrible skill since you need to stay still for the casting time (0.5 to 1s) plus the animation time (about 2 seconds) if you want to deal damage : moving cancels the animation and the next meteor's damage, without launching the ones that should have landed if you hadn't moved. Mages have spells with low cooldowns (Emblem of fire : 3s), and the damage of the meteor isn't as great as to miss out on the Emblem. What's more, you can use an IM necklace to have a lvl.8 Emblem of fire. As for the numbers : dealing 25K per meteor means dealing 10K per hit of the Emblem (roughly), which can hit 4 times per second wheareas meteors land a bit less than twice a second. Not taking Frozen shot into account, and you also can use other spells / X attacks after the casting to deal more damage.

Moreover, the meteors require 30 SP per level, which is horribly high for a skill that isn't even as good as it sounds. I'd only take it to have fun throwing giant boulders on packs of monsters when I'm not in a hurry, but it clearly isn't effective. At all.

- Both awakening skills are okay (although I'd prefer Magma piston for the flashy move and to let people go "that's so cool"), but you can't use both at a time, and I believe even using them to fill spaces in your combos isn't that useful. My advice would be to pick one (the shortest one if possible), and to use it in a combo looking like (PvE of course) : Blizzard > Emblem > Missiles > Backdraft > Snow blues > Emblem > awakening skill. Only to not just spam X between skills, which still deals a fair amount of damage (or Z Z X X combo on big targets like Kryos, which hits at least three times and is done swiftly with a bit of attack speed).

My personnal build would look like this, with some points left for this Fortress + bleeding maybe, but most importantly to level up some skills to lv.10 : Slow heal, Emblem of fire, Mana shield (take a look at Focus and see if that would be worth it to you). I'm taking the Resource converter because I hate having to go back to town when I'm out of mana, and this skill along with the Slow heal make Warlocks able to farm for as long as they see fit.

I also am maxing nearly every passive skill increasing MATK, as it's the simplest way to increase your overall damage output and doesn't require any cast time or even mana. I'm totally fond of passive skills.

Good looking build.

And about your itemization :

- 3 parts of Assassin's chaotic gear do inrease critical damage ; 3 parts of Warlock's gear don't, regular or chaotic, except the one you can have for a huge amount of CP. Have a look at the wiki if you need to find set parts you need, although a few of them are outdated / wrong.

- I can't see why you'd need to search for damage drop as it only is applied after any other kind of defense, and you have your mana shield already providing you with 30% damage drop. That and your slow heal usually are more than enough to not even need to really avoid attacks (which is a blessing since some skill animations are so long).

- As for IM items, I'd try and find an Emblem of fire necklace (said skill level +3), a Ghost busters set or two parts of three different god artifact costume (three times 30 HLT / INT). Try soulcrafting the backpack for critical rate (up to 18%) and critical damage (10% I believe), as well as the shoes for 5% movespeed, although I believe it goes up to 10%. Since Wizards aren't Archers, they don't gain much from Agility, except critical rate. Which means you'll have to make every single part of your gear useful for this matter.

Hint : soulcraft to advanced (first grade), then use a lvl.2 soulcraft extractor to reset the soulcraft to regular (grade 0).

- For the weapon... I'd say a Dark soul spear is fine until lvl.49 when you get a Magma Lord (Lavalon) spear, then lvl.55 with a Magichenge (Aram) one. I don't feel like it really is useful to level them up, since it costs way more to make a +10 Magma Lord weapon than to craft and upgrade a Magichenge one to +5, while both must have about the same MATK.

- Least useful stats are : Aim rate, Evade rate, Strength, Physical attack. They aren't totally useless, since Strength seems to increase critical rate and defense, as stated on the wiki.

Good luck.

Edited by Homurasan, 05 May 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#3 ChungEm

ChungEm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for correcting me Homurasan.

I will correct some of my mistakes and give your opinion as a tutor into this Guide

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Elga is soloable on sorcerer. Just that time crunch even when stacked.

I maxed CD without even stacking CD.

Paris Back with IM/Weapon/accessory soulcrafts are more than enough to put you at 300%

I have currently Maximum Critical rate and critical damage for the class.

INT/HLT/AGI In that order is the best in my opinion. When I have maximum critical rate and when evade doesn't matter much which also correlates to the effectiveness of aim(Sorcs do not prioritize Aim[Majority of sorc skills have 100% hit rate]), Agility is quite useless. But please do Stack AGI if you are not building critical rate.(INT raises your magic attack by a slight amount)

Edited by Agitodesu, 03 May 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

This is an effective Build both PvE and PvP with huge damage and freezing. And, someone will probably ask me why i dont invest point in Mirror Image. In my opinion, that skill is useless, really, because it just can shield for you 3 HITS, which is pretty lame. 

Mirror image is useful in Elga. It can deflect Elga's 1-hit KO carpet fire in 2nd form and deflect part of Elga's scream in 3rd form.

- Elements indeed aren't applied to most of the Wizard's skill (I believe only Magic missiles do, haven't tested the Fortress out). I can understand why when I see an Emblem of Fire catch an opponent and hit them 10 times in a few seconds.

Element is applied to Fortress last time I checked.

- Both awakening skills are okay (although I'd prefer Magma piston for the flashy move and to let people go "that's so cool"), but you can't use both at a time, and I believe even using them to fill spaces in your combos isn't that useful. My advice would be to pick one (the shortest one if possible), and to use it in a combo looking like (PvE of course) : Blizzard > Emblem > Missiles > Backdraft > Snow blues > X attack > Emblem > awakening skill. Only to not just spam X between skills, which still deals a fair amount of damage (or Z Z X X combo on big targets like Kryos, which hits at least three times and is done swiftly with a bit of attack speed).

I find all the awakening skills to be totally useless. Leaves you vulnerable to get hit except ultimate. I guess people use it for flashiness.

I also am maxing nearly every passive skill increasing MATK, as it's the simplest way to increase your overall damage output and doesn't require any cast time or even mana. I'm totally fond of passive skills.

Good looking build.

The only passive worth maxing is the Staff Mastery in Warlock skill tree since that is the only passive that increases final MAtk. The rest of the passive increases base matk which is so miniscule that it's totally useless in my opinion.

- 3 parts of Assassin's chaotic gear do inrease critical damage ; 3 parts of Warlock's gear don't, regular or chaotic, except the one you can have for a huge amount of CP. Have a look at the wiki if you need to find set parts you need, although a few of them are outdated / wrong.

I think he means the Chaotic sets for Sorcerers which all do have CD with 3-set effect. For leveling up to 60 I can see why this isn't viable. And for endgame, there are better pieces to use than chaotic sets. 300% CD is relatively easy to hit without much effort.

- Least useful stats are : Aim rate, Evade rate, Strength, Physical attack. They aren't totally useless, since Strength seems to increase critical rate and defense, as stated on the wiki.

Having decent aimrate is pretty important for pvp. I'd stack Agi to increase critical rate, and you get more def from enchanting equipment so I'd say Strength is useless.

#6 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Why the hell would you choose Wizard as a first character expect for the FLASHY moves ?

And every passive is worth maxing since you will have points to spend if you don't. (I guess)

As for the CD cap : I believe we should see some increase of this particular stat in a not so distant future, as it is being discussed by a few old players asking for a 500+% cap to compensate for Sorcerer's lack of elemental damage.

1 INT = 3 MATK by the way.

#7 ChungEm

ChungEm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

i have edited my Guide, and correct me if i am wrong with something ^^

#8 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

nice work. i would like to suggest providing more information on cool down and cast times on certain skills. as well as your opinion on those. 

#9 likeasumbooody

likeasumbooody

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMarshmallows :3
  • Server:Rainbow road

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Elga is soloable on sorcerer. Just that time crunch even when stacked.

Sorcerer cannot solo elga, only saw 1 video on youtube and that was from like a korean server or something with uncapped Critical Damage  :p_ang:

#10 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

It isn't because a video you saw showed a Sorcerer with 1.000% crit damage solo Elga, that another one with 300% cannot.

#11 ChungEm

ChungEm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

i've not tested yet, but i think Sorcerer is capable of soloing elga.

#12 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

i've not tested yet, but i think Sorcerer is capable of soloing elga.

Very much so.

#13 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

Primmy where u be

#14 Starkespada1

Starkespada1