Does ROSE support 'sheild' gaming? - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Does ROSE support 'sheild' gaming?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

http://www.ncix.com/...hCJkBoCE7Lw_wcB

I wanted to get an nVidea Sheild tablet, but I'm not sure if ROSE is supported with this. 

(For those directed here from the nVidea forums, http://www.roseonlinegame.com/ is a link to the game) 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 24 April 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

Running ROSE natively on a SHIELD tablet is not supported, but it may be possible to play the game via GameStream, which uses a high end NVIDIA graphics card on your desktop machine to stream games to the the SHIELD tablet.

#3 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

Yea, I have an nVidea GTX 760 card on my desktop, should be good then right? 

http://shield.nvidia.com/game-stream

According to this, ROSE is not 'optimized' for it. -- maybe there is possibility still of getting it to work... my GeForce Experience doesn't recognize ROSE online as a game currently, although recognizes most all other games I have. 

I'm worried I will get this tablet and be disappointed I won't be able to run my ROSE on it... 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 24 April 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#4 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

I've answered my own question. 

It should work, however, is not currently 'optimized' -- 
I'll try it, and see how well it works :) 

#5 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

http://www.ncix.com/...hCJkBoCE7Lw_wcB

I wanted to get an nVidea Sheild tablet, but I'm not sure if ROSE is supported with this. 

I can tell you out of experience that playing rose on a tablet is a bad idea.

->quickly writing something into a chat is impossible

->turning the camera or zooming in/out isn't intuitive at all

->picking things up works a way better with a mouse pointer

->...much much more...

Just forget about it, it will be fun for about 10mins, after that you'll switch back to your desktop.

#6 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Typing is hard on any other tablet, sure. -- nVidea shield? HHhhhhmmmm... 

actually, after watching about 100 different reviews, and going really, really in debth on that tablet, it seems absolutely fabulous, 
I am getting one next month, and will for sure do a review on how well it works with rose :) 

one of the twenty different videos I have watched, has nulified the concerns you mentioned (except for the viewing configuration, however, the support for this tablet, and configurability seems to be outstanding, also the people working on the tablet, appear as though they will assist me in whatever concern I have, and update the software if required) 

I feel very, very confident in getting the shield tablet, and yall can expect a full review on how well it may work with rose in the coming months :)

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 24 April 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#7 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

Well canehda,

i checked out rose on this device a few months ago (in tablet mode): http://skinflint.co....e-a1025253.html

while i didn't have any problems running rose, it became more than obvious that the game wasn't designed to work with tablets.

Both the game's user interface and the game's design (fast based) made it pretty much unplayable.

Furthermore i doubt that the support (software-update wise) applies when it comes to games like rose, rose doesn't use a "standard" game-engine, as a matter effect it would be more than unreasonable for nVidea to support it.

Anyways, have fun with your tablet, i'd love to see you proofing me wrong. :)

#8 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

It's not so much for 'nVidea' to support it, but for others on the forums to assist me in learning how to set up mechanics of its 'configuration' and quick keys ect. ect. -- 
It's not going to run natively on the tablet itself. It will be streamed from my PC, to my tablet (wherever I may be, as it has SIM card availability) 

Even if I cannot prove you wrong on this, the tablet is worth is weight in gold for its functionality for other games :) --- However, I assure to give this game the best try I possibly can, and reach out for as much help in order to try to get the game as playable as possible. :)

(I have seen that others have made MMORPG's playable with this tablet through gamestream) 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 24 April 2015 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users