19 replies to this topic

#1 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:25 AM

what do you miss from the older versions (or foreign versions) that you don't currently see in our server?

personally;
i miss the no limit cap on critical damage.
the ability to make consumable buffs through recipes and gathering ingredients.
the old damage display numbers.
old f7 system with no min/max lvl.
farming hookah and other monsters for their respective drops outside of mission maps and dungeons.
xoxo questions.
some skills in pvp that are currently removed.
evade stacked ninjas.
the larger playerbase.

#2 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

The name Dragonica.

The old Mission Map setup with F1-F2-F3-F4.

The times when boss monsters didn't get agitated or groggy.

The times when not everything was in Engrish.

Edited by Laburey21, 26 April 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

personally I miss:

- the old chaos worlds ( memories...)

- all the why ever removed maps ( orcher forrest for example.......but there is a lot more  maps that got removed)

- evade rate (not op stacked though, but the time it actually had a purpose)

- the old final decision skill (please bring that one back)

- the time spear jab and crosscut did not share one cooldown (complete crap if you ask me)

- the monsters in windia plains field map (including all quests they had in there)

- the quests inside the hidden scrolls

- sellable consumables ( we had this in EU and since day 1 on here I miss that feature - less scammers on EU)

- the old mission map selection system (the one that you were able to chose the map you want to run PLUS the random system)

and yes, a bit higher crit rade cap in pve would be okay 

But however, I'm happy that I'm here and that the last official DragonSaga server is still up and running.

I thank everyone for this, the staff and the players.  :p_smile:

#4 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:22 AM

I don't remember but...

Are there still monsters that fly and "break" the screen when killed?

#5 SuikaH

SuikaH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the sun and pluto
  • Server:The one and only

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:47 AM

The mobs that crash against the screen and do glass shatter effect are still there! :p_laugh:

Since I've been pretty much playing on EU French server since it launched, I'd say:

-Orcher Forest, I still wonder why they would even remove the whole map and Elluman.

-Arka, yes, I said Arka, not that Snow Princess model she got replaced with, the real Arka is the cartoony fairy! :Emo_14:

-The old chaos maps with the dimensional protection stuff, don't know why, even though it was kind of tedious, but I kind of liked it too.

-The map selection is definitely something they should bring back, where you could choose 6 different maps and pick the one you want, that was really convenient.

-The old job change quests for lvl 20/40, even though they were really tough, they made it feel like you were really accomplishing something by killing Farrell or Lavalon, the lvl 40 job change now is literally "Kill 3 mobs, ok you can change job now"

-Being able to sell IM items, that was a really nice way to prevent scamming, and the few people that sold cash points on EU were trusted.

(I don't miss the community though... French community wasn't near as good as this one. And here the mods are cool too :Emo_13: It didn't feel like EU staff actually cared about players)

Edited by SuikaH, 26 April 2015 - 01:49 AM.

#6 simbiosy

simbiosy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

-I miss one version of Odellia that had a HUGE part (like a big circle) and we were able to duel with all the length of the duel circle.

-The Map Selection ;_; Kryos f4 ftw!

-Some old events like jump to 40, lvl a char up to 40 and earn IM etc (Still, love the new events hahahaha)

-XOXO were awesome indeed hahahaha

-I really miss old BSQ with full teams and no Elemental hahahhaha

I dont miss evade rate :( But this new system is horrible...

#7 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

what do you miss from the older versions (or foreign versions) that you don't currently see in our server?

personally;
i miss the no limit cap on critical damage.
the ability to make consumable buffs through recipes and gathering ingredients.
the old damage display numbers.
old f7 system with no min/max lvl.
farming hookah and other monsters for their respective drops outside of mission maps and dungeons.
xoxo questions.
some skills in pvp that are currently removed.
evade stacked ninjas.
the larger playerbase.

Even though I haven't played the game long enough to know what's been missing, all your ideas sound good to me except for : the ability to make consumable buffs through recipes and gathering ingredients. Do you mean gathering via PoW Farm style or Biscuit Recipe styles (aka drops from F7 mode)?

#8 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

Biscuit Recipe styles (aka drops from F7 mode)?

There used to be a lot of such recipes where you could make dishes from monster drops (like pig noses and bat wings and other various body parts and intestines and body fluids...). I think that was all replaced by the Instant Extraction mechanism.

Aah, the good old days.  :p_sad:

Edited by Laburey21, 26 April 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#9 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

you could previously obtain recipes that required ingredients, much like bone weapon or elga recipes. 

these recipes gave you the ability to make consumable items that gave buffs such as movement speed +20%, hp%+, etc. 

#10 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

how long do they last? and do they sustain upon death? if its over 15 mins then it may be worthwhile :P

#11 Trieuazn

Trieuazn

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

-farming the Artis (was that its name? some floating armour boss) from level 26-38 for like one month straight, then going from Artis to Simbaba for 38-40++, back when i was playing, this was the apperent best method to level up, or so i was told, took me like 1 month to reach level 40

-or how about the times when bosses from Simbaba upward droped capes. i remeber while i was playing that capes were removed from the drop table for some apperent reason

--Gladiators get to summon the legenday bruce lee to fight with them (replaced by the bear?)

-or when during the port stages, the blue craps would destroy an entire melee party becasue it could not be stunned

i haven't played this game in years, what is it like now? how good would the servers be for an australian player? im intrested in returning

#12 MrBonBonCat

MrBonBonCat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

i "miss" everything since i'm new to dragon saga meow XD

haven't play this game before meow

#13 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:28 AM

'xoxo' quizzes in the middle of emporia was always fun. 

#14 CharmanderIAH

CharmanderIAH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

the Old dungeons

- Lavalon, Aram, Van Cliff, Drakos

Those bosses were actually hard and to farm the keys to get into Van Cliff and Drakos bosses was a feat in it of itself

Getting an Aram weapon was something to be said.

The evade/aim rate actually doing something since skills that buff/debuff aim/evade don't work anymore making certain skills completely useless for a variety of classes.

The cap on evade/cr/cdmg/etc is dumb

chaos maps actually being hard

No chain combo

being able to use skills in pvp/bsq instead of moves like burrow, time reverse and barricade being restricted

A lot of things in the first patch was done right, when they changed things 3rd patch and over, it seemed not as much thought was put into it other than rehashing things to make it easier and easier for players when the challenge is what made the game appealing in the first place.

#15 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

'xoxo' quizzes in the middle of emporia was always fun.

"It's time for an XO quiz."

-Everyone proceeds to stop doing everything despite being in a guild vs guild war and participates. Save for that one guy who tries to abuse all the free hits he can.-

That was always funny.

#16 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

I miss Hero. It was fun watching Ascension destroy them in EW then the trash talking after it really takes the cake.

#17 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

I miss Hero. It was fun watching Ascension destroy them in EW then the trash talking after it really takes the cake.

Kind of off topic. I mean replace Hero with Rebellion and you had the same thing for an even longer period. But still I think they meant gameplay and content.

#18 falcoford

falcoford

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

I miss when the crit rate card was 3% pure crit rate. I couldn't believe my eyes when the character card was 3% unpure crit rate...... Also crit rate cap xD. 

#19 april21997

april21997

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAntipolo City
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

i miss AgentMeow

#20 Chakalaka

Chakalaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:48 AM

LOL all the previous replies so funny xD... XOXO quiz... so true. Drop w/e you were doing, and answer the question within.. 10 seconds was it? Then you get to advance to the next round lol. That was fun.

yes what happened to arka...? and elluman? I remember the "rare mob" in arka map was pythaneous and it was a giant spinning squirrel for elluman lol xD

the crit dmg, I somewhat agree with; however, stacking crit dmg too high is rather ridiculous, but with that said, 300% is too low (IMO).

when you spammed f3 (3 maps) to level... none of this f7 junk where you hit level 40, then you can basically poof to 80 almost within a week if you f7 hard enough...

The old chaos maps with the dimensional protection stuff, don't know why, even though it was kind of tedious, but I kind of liked it too. (what SuiKah said), I still have some dimensional protection orb things in my inventory... are those useless now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users