RG solo instance videos (Updated Bakonawa) - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RG solo instance videos (Updated Bakonawa)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

I plan to make a few videos on RG soloing some instances on IRO chaos. Will depend on situation if I will shoot full run or just MVP part. I will try my best not to use any MVP cards (Not guaranteed on this part though :p_sad:).

Usually the gears I use will be 

+12 Turkey with Bung card

BDM with Dark Pingucula Card

Pirate Dagger/Peace Pipe if MVP is demon and need more tankiness

+9 Valk Armor D+3 with PecoPeco

+12 Imperial Spear EA9 with AK

+9 Alice Valk (will switch to GTB when I found it hard to handle w/o GTB) 

+9 FAW EA10 with Deviling (or Menblatt, depending on situation)

+9 Temp. Str Boots EA4 BP

Chambered RWC Combo Atk +6%, V+3, S+3 with 2 Gold Scaraba Card 

For the Costumes:

+7 Physcial Weapon/Earring/Pendant

Immune Armor

+7 Athena Shield

Champion Shoes

ArchAngel Wings Aspd+1

Pigeon on shoulder Atk+1%

If I switch gears I will mark under each video

1. RG solo sealed shrine

I already made a Sealed Shrine instance with Great Demon Baphomet only, as the previous part of the instance is quite easy. You can just follow instructions on irowiki. I use GTB in this video. Also I will suggest use Deviant FAW. Baphomet hits quite hard. The following is the video

2. RG solo Nidhoggur's Nest Full Run

This instance is quite easy, especially the MVP part. From the video you can see that you deal huge damage to Nidhoggur Shadow Dragon and kill it before it casts any fancy skills. The previous part is, however, can be little tough. That's why I make a full run video. It might take some time to find and kill the 12 Guardians (They are suppose to be close to the quest NPC, but I always find the last one a little bit tough to find :p_sick: . Also many monsters have 300k+ HP. Many of them cast water balls and frost drive, so you want to use an unforzen water armor for this part. I will suggest go for the guardians only. Don't try to kill everything you see. Also this instance has ridiculous many prerequisites to access. Check out irowiki for details. 

I use an unfrozen water armor, waterdrop brooch, glorious ring and EA7 +9 Gungnir for the previous part. For MVP part feel free to switch to all your aggressive gears. I use a Menblatt FAW and Alice Valk. For other gears refer to the previous paragraph

Following is the video

3. RG solo OGH Full Run

This is another pretty easy one for RG to solo, as the MVPs are weak. Make sure you activate defending aura whenever raydric archer approches. If you have Prestige, try to make sure you always activate that starting from third part (Raydrice) and also every time you have to step on corpse. Those bugs hurts. You can follow my route so as to avoid as many corpse as possible. Also on 2nd floor, using something like fire proof potion can be helpful. There's no need to use fire armor. I made 2 mistakes. In the third part I mob too many raydrics and died once. Also for the first MVP should use fire endow instead of holy.

The gears I use are pretty much same as I described in previous paragraphs. There's no need for MVP cards or DR (Actually don't use DR against the final MVP). I switch accessory to glorious ring + medal of honor for more element reduction (Because I am not using fire armor). I use +9 Long Horn with Santa Poring Card for all non-MVP parts. I switch to a shadow armor for the final MVP to counter its Dark Breath. That's basically everything you should notice.

Following is the video

4. RG solo Bangungot

There are two major issues for Bangungot. One is that she dispells (cancels everything except VF, does cancel Inspiration) every like 30 secs. Second is that she Agi-Up when she reach 30% HP. In the video I use a GTB to counter dispell, if you don't have that, wait till she dispells you, and then inspiration and buff up. Because she Agi-Up at the end, it is not likely that you can defeat her within 30 secs, but you can at least reduce her hp to 30%. Then just get into the next phase of the instance. Bangungot doesn't heals up or heals up very little while she is talking. So after she finish her speech you can continue to kill her. For Agi-Up, I use a +9 double AK Gungnir to deal with her Agi-Up.

Recently I had an arguement with another guy on how to deal with Agi-Up MVPs. In this case, the damage per VP is 30k with Gungnir vs 45k with my Imperial Spear. However considering the fact Gungnir is defaul wind and do 75% to Bangungot, while holy Imperial Speal do 150%. (I can't Aspersio myself after switch weapon becaus I am on GTB and the moment I take it down she will dispell me) So taking away element effect they do very similar VP damage. So the only difference is Gungnir have 25% hit on Agi-Up MVPs, the damage is reduced to 25%. But most MVPs Agi-Up when reach 30% or 40% hp, so using Gungnir is definitely a viable choice. The advantage of Gungnir over EB+PPA is that you don't have to invest in a totally different set of equipments focusing on Crit and EB damage. You have more spare skill points (probably even stat points) for some skills that makes you tanky. It also saves you the trouble to switch to entire different set of gears when you are in the middle of fighting MVPs. While the disadvantage is pobably the damage output based on that guy's arguement, but I am not sure as I never use this skill myself and I never saw RG solo MVP using EB+PPA

Another thing to remember is that a CD is probably a must for this instance because even at 193 ASPD you might not be able to destroy the pillar of spirit w/o CD, and if you fail to defeat it, you will have to repeat the MVP part from the beginning

Following is the video

5. RG solo Bakonawa (w/o MVP)

The main issue for RG solo Bakonawa w/o MVP is to stack elementary reduction, especially fire and thunder at stage 3. In stage 1, Bako only use Meteor Storm. So we need to stack fire reduction only. In this part I use Fire Armor, Leib Olmai Mini-Glasses,  Glorious Ring, Valkyrie Armor and Fire Proof Potion. Because Fire Armor gives a pretty big reduction so I use FAW Menblatt for more damage. In stage 2, switch to Nidhoggur Shadow Garb Card with Jakk Card for more fire reduction, and use a CD-in-Mouth the speed up killing plant-type monster. In the 3 stage, switch to Unfrozen Wind Armor to counter LOV and SG, use Nidhoggur instead of FAW for more reduction, and Inpiration to increase damage output. Also don't for get to use Fire, Water and Wind proof potion. In some database it says Bakonawa use Waterball, It seems it actually doesn't. (Maybe because Bakonawa can't move so it will never switch to chase mode). I think Bakonawa does break armor, so you can ask Gene friend for FCP just to be safe.

Following is the video. I turn on equipment window so you can see how I switch gears. Note that in the 3rd stage I forget to switch back to Alice Valk. So it could have been more smooth.

Edited by MournHaibara, 17 May 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#2 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Is vanishing point ranged?

#3 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Is vanishing point ranged?

Yes, so stacking EA enchant is very efficient

#4 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

2 questions if i may

1. What lvl did you first try to solo ogh?
Ok sub question, do you just use OB for mobs and VP for MVPs?

2. Mind giving stats?

( note haven't watched the video I'm at work at the time of post, sorry if they are in there)

#5 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

2 questions if i may

1. What lvl did you first try to solo ogh?
Ok sub question, do you just use OB for mobs and VP for MVPs?

2. Mind giving stats?

( note haven't watched the video I'm at work at the time of post, sorry if they are in there)

Hmm I actually just solo it once at 175 for the video purpose. I do a lot with my RNG and AB friend at 140ish though, but I was able to solo the final MVP at that level.

Yeah only OB and VP are necessary. These are the most effecitve skills so you don't need anything else.

Stat is 120Str, 100Agi, 100Vit, 40Int, 100Dex, 40Luk (Base)

#6 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I have 120 vit ATM. Was mainly going for a tanky build. Wanted to be able to tank ET MVPs with something other than a sura. Was thinking 120 str and 120 vit by the end. But I guess that won't be possible. Tho the only instance I really care to solo with my guard is ogh.

Side note - have you ever tanked valk for a group? Or yourself for that matter. What did you find best for her if so?

Thanks for all the help thus far.

#7 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I have 120 vit ATM. Was mainly going for a tanky build. Wanted to be able to tank ET MVPs with something other than a sura. Was thinking 120 str and 120 vit by the end. But I guess that won't be possible. Tho the only instance I really care to solo with my guard is ogh.

Side note - have you ever tanked valk for a group? Or yourself for that matter. What did you find best for her if so?

Thanks for all the help thus far.

I am tanking Valk now with my RG for my ET party, which has a Gene/Ranger (same account, switch) and an AB. But I am using GTB. I would say it is very very tough for RG to tank Valk's EQ w/o MVP or God. Maybe just stack raw hp (there's a post digussing how much hp an RG can possibly reach. You can use that post as a reference for gears and stats). I can think of another possiblility, but that's just a theory. If your party have enough damage to kill Valk before her second EQ, maybe you can try counter her first EQ with King's Grace. But I don't know if this is possible. There was an old post just after the 175 patch that some one raised this possibility to use King's Grace to tank EQ, but most people in that post are quite pessimistic against this assumption

I go for 120S because it works pretty well with Tem Str Boots. It can boost your damage quite a lot. I also think in under most situations if you find hard to tank at 100V, then you probably won't be able to do that either at 120V, it don't make such a difference, and Tem Vit Boots is not that good. 

Edited by MournHaibara, 02 May 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#8 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

i have a GTB i use on my gene and a bryn i have full access too but would most likely be wearing holy armor of course. and would be using Sac most liikely. the post about HP was mine XD i was thinking about stacking full HP gear and resist for myself.

i was trying to find a way i could take her and let my gf use gtb on her gen instead. but i guess ill be using gtb myself haha.

we take 2 parties so we have 2 runs a week. our first run i use gene as its my main and we generally kill it before she EQs even once. Sura tank with gtb so no dispell, AB for lex and me bombing with temp dex and sacra. was trying to think of a second party where i could use RG (sura is boring to me D:) another AB and then another gene. where the gen would wear gtb instead.

as far as temp V boots go, i have them at +9 with firelock. and then a +14 vit faceworm. was planning to put DR in that. as the HP increase is huge.

#9 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

i have a GTB i use on my gene and a bryn i have full access too but would most likely be wearing holy armor of course. and would be using Sac most liikely. the post about HP was mine XD i was thinking about stacking full HP gear and resist for myself.

i was trying to find a way i could take her and let my gf use gtb on her gen instead. but i guess ill be using gtb myself haha.

we take 2 parties so we have 2 runs a week. our first run i use gene as its my main and we generally kill it before she EQs even once. Sura tank with gtb so no dispell, AB for lex and me bombing with temp dex and sacra. was trying to think of a second party where i could use RG (sura is boring to me D:) another AB and then another gene. where the gen would wear gtb instead.

as far as temp V boots go, i have them at +9 with firelock. and then a +14 vit faceworm. was planning to put DR in that. as the HP increase is huge.

If you have GTB, then you should have no problem. You will also need a DR. Holy armor is not necessary. Piety will be enough. Even with only 1 gene you can easily kill him before piety wears out. The tank gear I am using is +12 Turkey with Bung, +9 Valk Armor D+3 with Pecopeco, +9 GTB Valk, +9 DR FAW EA10, +9 Firelock E. Variant, Medal of Honor+Glorious Ring. In your case you switch to Bryn and 14V faceworm, this will even be better, but not necessary. Take a V+20 food, Cast Auto Guard, SS3 Increase Defense, Prestige and Piety and switch to GTB, you will have 90 secs with full buff, and a gene with normal gears will have no problem to kill Valk in 90 sec. There's even no need for Inspiration. What you need to do is simply use pot to keep you alive. When She power up I will have to spam ygg seed, ygg berry and some unripe yggberry in turns to keep me alive, but it usually take gene no more than 30 secs to kill her after she powers up. Actually with the gears I mentioned here there's no problem tanking any Boss in ET, Probably there will be a problem if you try to tank Entweihen and all his minions, but with pneuma, no tank is even needed on that floor.

In your case I will definitely suggest giving GTB to you rather than the gene. Yes genes will definitely die to EQ. Just put the AB outside her EQ range and ress gene and gene can continue to throw bomb. However if you die, then your whole team will be wiped for sure. So I don't quite understand why the gene will take GTB in this case. Are you trying to do a no-death EQ run?

Edited by MournHaibara, 02 May 2015 - 08:20 PM.

#10 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

If you have GTB, then you should have no problem. You will also need a DR. Holy armor is not necessary. Piety will be enough. Even with only 1 gene you can easily kill him before piety wears out. The tank gear I am using is +12 Turkey with Bung, +9 Valk Armor D+3 with Pecopeco, +9 GTB Valk, +9 DR FAW EA10, +9 Firelock E. Variant, Medal of Honor+Glorious Ring. In your case you switch to Bryn and 14V faceworm, this will even be better, but not necessary. Take a V+20 food, Cast Auto Guard, SS3 Increase Defense, Prestige and Piety and switch to GTB, you will have 90 secs with full buff, and a gene with normal gears will have no problem to kill Valk in 90 sec. What you need to do is simply use pot to keep you alive. When She power up I will have to spam ygg seed, ygg berry and some unripe yggberry in turns to keep me alive, but it usually take gene no more than 30 secs to kill her after she powers up. Actually with the gears I mentioned here there's no problem tanking any Boss in ET, Probably there will be a problem if you try to tank Entweihen and all his minions, but with pneuma, no tank is even needed on that floor.

In your case I will definitely suggest giving GTB to you rather than the gene. Yes genes will definitely die to EQ. Just put the AB outside her EQ range and ress gene and gene can continue to throw bomb. However if you die, then your whole team will be wiped for sure. So I don't quite understand why the gene will take GTB in this case. Are you trying to do a no-death EQ run?

Which one is better? sorry TIA for clarification.

I was trying to do it where neither of us would die even if she casted EQ and LoV. cause if i sac the Gen even if im wearing gtb and she takes EQ im still gonna take tons of dmg and jsut die lol

i have all the above mentioned gears. ive never even seen piety before im so glad you mentioned it. shows how much i pay attention XD

also what is SS3?

#11 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:49 PM

Which one is better? sorry TIA for clarification.

I was trying to do it where neither of us would die even if she casted EQ and LoV. cause if i sac the Gen even if im wearing gtb and she takes EQ im still gonna take tons of dmg and jsut die lol

i have all the above mentioned gears. ive never even seen piety before im so glad you mentioned it. shows how much i pay attention XD

also what is SS3?

There is no need to sac. My understanding of sac is that you only sac when you are not tanking for the team. For example in bio 4 sura tanks so RG can sac. Because tank is always the most important member. If tank dies, the MVP will run into your party and kill everybody. Also when your other members scatters, she turns into chase mode and will cast EQ more frequently. If you really want to have no death, then ask the gene to time the EQ, as she cast first EQ at 30% HP, and then as long as you hold the ground, she will only be in attack mode and cast EQ every around 20 secs. Just time it, when you believe she is about to EQ, ask gene to step back, and come back to do damage again after she EQ

Piety is definitely a good skill. Full level piety is pre-requisite to Inspiration. If you have Inspiration you definitely have it at full level. If not I will still suggest you max level it. 

SS3 is shield spell 3. One of the buff is to increase Def and status resistance based on Shield refine rate. At +9 you will have around 90 Def bonus for 3 min. Just look at the time of the skill icon on the right of the screen. If it is 3 mins then you get it. Pretty good against Valk's insane physical damage. Same for Prestige

#12 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

aight, ill be using a +12 gtb immune. glad to have the extra neutral there haha. hoping to eventually save for a tao to slap in a bako armor +12. using piety sounds beautiful. im only 126/30 atm tho so not piety/inspiration/or max VP yet sadly

#13 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

aight, ill be using a +12 gtb immune. glad to have the extra neutral there haha. hoping to eventually save for a tao to slap in a bako armor +12. using piety sounds beautiful. im only 126/30 atm tho so not piety/inspiration/or max VP yet sadly

Yeah GTB on immune is definitely way better than on Valk. Idk why many ppl just put them on Valk when they sell them. Also so sad MVP shield card removal is not implementing on this server. At this level it might be tough to tank everything in ET, But when you lvl up it will be even easier. As long as you have a GTB it is 100% possible for RG to be tank in ET. Sura is not a must  :heh:

#14 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

oh yea i wont be trying anytime soon. i want all that extra HP haha and stat points. ill be going 120 vit for the temp boots and faceworm.  as it gives almost 12k hp for me at 126. (if im not mistaken) that 14 vit is beautiful

#15 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

First of all, You are doing a Great Job! Nice Solo MVP Videos! :)

2.) Yes, PPA+EB Set up is different, I never said Gungnir + VP is bad, I just gave another suggestion how you can Hit and Kill AGI UP! MVPs besides Matyrs Reck. or the Gungnir ^^

Damn you can even try to Grand Cross xD

Keep up the good work!  :p_hi:  :no1:

#16 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

First of all, You are doing a Great Job! Nice Solo MVP Videos! :)

2.) Yes, PPA+EB Set up is different, I never said Gungnir + VP is bad, I just gave another suggestion how you can Hit and Kill AGI UP! MVPs besides Matyrs Reck. or the Gungnir ^^

Damn you can even try to Grand Cross xD

Keep up the good work!  :p_hi:  :no1:

Thank you man  :p_love: . . Sorry being overreacting. 

#17 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

Updated Bakonawa w/o MVP cards

#18 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

Nice vid with OGH . 

I got WOW'ed because my VP against those raydrics were just at  16~19k yet yours got 10k difference . 

I guess I have to Get the Temp Str after I reach 175.

What I liked the most was how to get past those nasty bugs 

+1 here :no1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users