#1 House

House

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

So the 30% extra reduction in damage if you +9 a WoE Robe is really nice, but lately I've been seeing some pretty sweet gear that makes me think, should I pass on the 30% reduction and get other things like this pretty sweet +9 Superior Enchanced Varient Shoes? (I'm a Sura btw) 22% more HP and SP on one item seems really awesome. There are other examples of gear that just seems freakin sweet and to good NOT to wear in WoE. But what's the norm? Wear WoE gear for the added reductions? Or go with HP and damage boosting gear? Your opinion I would appreciate. :)

Edited by House, 27 April 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

I dont play sura but I think I know how strong suras play. Here is my RG WoE experiences.

> If you could kill your opponent fast and fatal, why would you take beating in the first place? (+1 None-WoE gears).

> As a sura yourself, in fact, your only weakness is multiple opponents. Dealing 1-1 should not cause your problems. Ranged attacks? Pnuema = 100% block. Physical attacks? CC, root, De. agi, C. reflect (the most powerful reflect in the game), and list goes on. Why would you take beating in the first place? (+1 to None-WoE gears).

> I'd say carry many gears and switch them. I have WoE set with me when Im being supportive (ie. being in a precast) and I have offensive gears when Im on my hunt (ie. killing mode).

So ... you as a sura, you know your limitations, your gears, and how you play your sura. You can answer your own questions actaully. My suggestion is ge tboth and switch gears according to your instincts.

#3 House

House

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Thanks! That was really helpful advice :D!

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

if you're in a major guild (or even in any type of guild, really), WoE set [cycle hotkey robe (marc <no need for marc if ~100 hard-MDEF>, GR, angeling, etc) and muffler (nox/ray, DR, ele-reduc)] is a must when CCing (along with other reduc gears of course) so you can survive the whole duration and give your guildies more time to try to wipe the opponents out; (but of course, with megs/tao, WoE set is really great - nice balance of reducs and offense - many try to go for this setup)

if you have really high tier HP/ATK gears, +12 KvM mace, +12 stamina CEB and such (and more so if you have access to megs/tao) - then just going full offense is indeed great - especially when the moment isn't too critical (rushing/regrouping means be ready to CC and not wander around trying to kill), just snapping all around picking out opponents - and if you're actually good at it - low reducs means you should be able to avoid what's coming on to you;

i wouldn't really say e.variants is that good currently; VIT+14 GW GFSS and +9~12 superior VIT/STR temp boots combo is way better for mHP (ie. for TC/FC and GoH (missing HP) damage);

mSP isn't as relevant as before since GFist is not really reliable for killing, especially when many wear high reducs and the 10-sec downtime;

honestly, without top offensive gears and vs high reduc opponents, there's no point in going full offensive setup - just end up mainly dying without really getting any kills;

WoE set is great for CCing (as said before), and if opponents are on low reducs (you do more damage so offensive gear won't matter as much) and/or they are on full offense setup (they do more damage so your reducs matter) - the thing is you won't really know their setup up for sure 100% of the time, so trial and error also comes into play;

the set becomes less relevant if you're in a small raiding-type guilds that enjoy small scale fights (or just singling out opponents), so full offensive setup is better for max killing potential - though CCing as appropriate is always important in any case - just less risk of dying when the opponents are also small in size (ex. catch most of them in 1 well placed CC, let your party do the wiping);

so damage vs survivability;

switch setups as appropriate and not just stick to 1 set;

Edited by ka10, 27 April 2015 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users