Beginner Essentials? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Beginner Essentials?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aesen

Aesen

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

Can anyone link me a beginner's guide to iRO? Something that would cover the essentials of the game (leveling, making money, etc.)

Specific information I'm looking for:

(1) How does one start making zeny? I mean, as a beginner, with nothing to sell, with no equipment whatsoever to hunt big monsters and loot good drops from. Knowing this is extremely crucial as I need money to buy pots and starter equipment. I am currently stuck selling apples at 7 z a piece.

(2) Where do I level my character? And what monsters/areas require what preparations (level, skill, equipment)? I was recently acquainted to Jumping Janeway. A kind high-level player helped me finish the first quest and I am now level 35. I am grateful to him, and Jumping Janeway quests seem like the optimum way to level up; however, I would very much prefer leveling on my own, not leeching from anyone. So, can Jumping Janeway quests be done alone? If so, how (recommended level, equipment)?

Some relevant information:

My character is an Acolyte, level 35, on Chaos server. Current equipment comprise of an Eden Group set (I am honestly unsure where I got these items, probably from an Eden Group quest I did). Now, seeing as I 'jumped' to level 35, I need new equipment, but I don't know where to get them.

Also, I'm planning to become to a monk. So, information on stat distribution, skill builds, etc. are appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

janeway gave you the eden equips. in order to get the eden level 3 equip, make sure to pick up the savage quest from her prior to job changing to priest/monk. depending on your build you can solo the quests, but it's an MMO so you might as well party up with folks.

#3 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

Ok. Here are some tips:

1) Make a merchant in an alt account (your WP account can hold up to 3 game accounts of the same game) in order to dual clienting (the merch vends while you play), with Janeway it will be super easy. Skills: Overprice, Discount, Pushcart, Vending and Appraise.

2) iRO Wiki is your friend. Check out the Eden Group: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

3)After doing Janeway do Ur's Eden equipment quest. This might be a little lenghty but you'll get better Gears and a Weapon which you can enchant to double it's attack (as a Monk char choose the Eden Mace III over the Fist/Claw) do the Thorn Enchants after you rebirth, otherwise since you're high level he'll ask for harder items to get. (At low levels he'll ask for Iron and Iron Ore, which are easier to get than the Used Steel Plates he asks of you if you're too high level)

4)Save money to Rebirth, here are some tips:

• Collect Strawberries East of Payon and sell to the players with buying stores
  • Hoard every piece of junk you find, then give it to your Merchant and have him sell them to NPC (Overprice lv10)
  • Do the Umbala Language Quest in order to unlock the Umbalan Shaman, gather Great Natures from Sleepers, use the Shaman to turn them into Green Lives and NPC them with your Merchant

5) Refer to iRO Wiki for any build doubt you have (check out your intended 3rd class) and ask for advice in your corresponding class forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users