When are they planning to fix colo? - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

When are they planning to fix colo?

16 replies to this topic

#1 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

Colo sucks so bad, melee players does not stand a chance against long range players they can stunt, freeze, slow you down even in the air, plus they have long range atack and you also increase the hp a lot, they also run like girl. Colo should be melee vs melee, long range vs long range, And they also team upin colo.

#2 Tenderloin

Tenderloin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

Colo sucks so bad, melee players does not stand a chance against long range players they can stunt, freeze, slow you down even in the air, plus they have long range atack and you also increase the hp a lot, they also run like girl. Colo should be melee vs melee, long range vs long range, And they also team upin colo.

melee is stronger , don't use warrior and knight they are -_- without Broken Tactic and Broken Rune

#3 kamuxo

kamuxo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

Colo dont need balance, we need balance in skills of each one of classes (damage of skills inside, via stat fix, and remove all buffs when you arrive there [premades], and remove unfair greenseed effects inside). Really, are melee weak in colo ?, let me say something:

rogue: we can use crescent moon (5 s knockdown, 10s antiheal, 10s slow 70%), mark of death (30s slow 50%), we can run out (smoke bomb) and have inmunity (smoke bomb).

sin: they can use your gap closing (3s knockdown), grimtooth (slow and heal, alot of damage), they can run out (shadow form 30% mspd) and have inmunity (shadow armor, each 40s or lower).

monk: they can use your gap closing (3s knockdown) and one shoot you (auto crit asura strike), they have alot of defense (iron skin) and can increase your resistance (dodge and damage reduction).

beastmaster: they can stun you, heal while they can hit you,  they have alot of defense and can increase your resistance.

crecentia: they can silence you, reduce damage or hit of target, increase the received damage of a target, AoE that can splash damages and increase your current def awake form. They have too 2 ultimate skills.

swordman classes: they can stun and knockdown you, do alot of damage via BT, have decent defense (and knight can reduce your received damage), have decent AoE, and not forget that stun of warrior is a gap closing and is AoE or that knight have too a nice ranged skill that can be reset it for a chance.

About ranged classes, all have low defense versus melee class, they only have annoying debuff to evade of death, like mages with freeze, priest with your annoying stun AoE and ultimate skill without pre requisites, ranger with traps and back slide, but this is all. If you really want to catch someone in colo, is obligatory have elixir mspd  of 1min or better of 10 min, if your target are in ymir state and you dont, leave it if you dont want spend your ymir state yet. Dont forget have green seed mspd lvl 10 or more, and if you can green seed weapon over 10 or green seed stun, use high potions.

Finally, about one shooting, all the classes can one shoot if they do critical damage, in that case hiding and swordman class have adventage in total damage that they can do (of course, the damage of swordman class with BT is more higher that hiding class, and hiding cant be used in battle state).

pd: im melee player.

Edited by kamuxo, 02 May 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#4 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

of course colo need balance, how can you fight someone when you are not able to reach to hit them, they run a lot and they atack at the same, they can also slow you down and stunt you.

rogue may have a chance because they can hide like girls and atack you with 2x damage.

You put some examples like rogue, monk, beastmaster, crecentia.

What about warrior and knight, how in the hell are you going to use knockdown if they run.

#5 kamuxo

kamuxo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Really you read all ?? swordman class => warrior and knight =.=

Since colo borns in the server, the metagama in there was hit and run out, of course, all in there use elixir mspd and green seed wind, with the mspd buff of vip an woe buff, if you dont use any of that buffs, obviusly you dont catch any player that have those buffs if your class dont have slow debuffs. About thief class vs swordman jajaja, we are girls for have x2 damage in 1 skill, think about it, we have less def, less parry, less hp and of course, less critical damage, swordman class is right now completly out of balance class, if you have problems to kill someone there with OP hits of BT and your 2 debuffs that instantly do that the target bite the dust, well, is really bad, becouse you only need put in middle of the players and spam AoE, or if want KS, use battle leap (if warrior) or shield boomerang (if knight).

#6 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

It look like you dint read al, you play like girl not because of 2x damage because you run and hide and necuase you hit and run, about hp why do they  increase rogue hp in colo, but they lower but swordman hp, colo should never be everyone agains everyone, it should be 1 vs 1

#7 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

It look like you dint read al, you play like girl not because of 2x damage because you run and hide and necuase you hit and run, about hp why do they  increase rogue hp in colo, but they lower but swordman hp, colo should never be everyone agains everyone, it should be 1 vs 1

The original Colosseum in Rome was a group vs group thing (usually slaves vs seasoned gladiators or animals). You're thinking more of a "Battle Tournament" kind of thing; doing a 1v1 kind of fight in an Event that's meant for all players online would require a lot of rounds and work to make the pairings work. If you want 1v1 simply go request duels.

Running and hiding is part of a Rogue's skills, so it's not fair to complain about that. Swordman classes also have Battle Tactics (though it's reduced due to the Colo "revert to lots stats" mechanic) so you basically get a "lucky punch" that can kill most people, even with AoEs.

But that's beside the point, all classes have some kind of imbalance currently, either DoTs, perma stuns, Overpowered skills, etc. So you can't expect a fair colo until all those are fixed. And as it was said above, they have to remove all the buffs upon entering Colo, so that each person can depend only on what they can provide themselves.

Also, please stop using the "play like girl" line, it's sexist, offensive, and above all, plain dumb. I know girls that have won Colo, and girls that can play better than most guys. Gender doesn't define style nor capability to do something, specially in a videogame.

Edited by faku1810, 02 May 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#8 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

Also, please stop using the "play like girl" line, it's sexist, offensive, and above all, plain dumb. I know girls that have won Colo, and girls that can play better than most guys. Gender doesn't define style nor capability to do something, specially in a videogame.

This.

Although I do Rage too when an assassin comes, kills me and kill steals me with grimtooth, pops armor and then just runs to a room. Before, battle never ended in colo, so sins could only hide at the start of the round, rogues had 2 more hides via Smoke Bomb and Dirty plan but that was it, but I guess the devs implemented the battle end feature to colo because sp drain in AoV is ridiculous. But it had dumb side effects like sins being able to do this.

#9 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Well it look like you  havent see a girl fight, in roman colo you dint have chance to hide or run in to a room once the battle start you had to figh and yes they also had 1 vs 1.

#10 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Well it look like you  havent see a girl fight, in roman colo you dint have chance to hide or run in to a room once the battle start you had to figh and yes they also had 1 vs 1.

As I said, in videogames the gender doesn't matter.

And I repeat, for 1v1 you can go around and ask for duels. Implementing a "Tournament" with rounds of 1v1 fights would be too much work for something that's open to all players at the same time.

#11 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

fight like a girl... lolwut? 

#12 leyhysteria

leyhysteria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationGlass Haven
  • Server:My Bed

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

The sexism is real! :3 hiding is a part of the skill tree of thief classes i.e rogues and assassins, and running around is not girlish, it's called tactics. 'If you can't out fight them, OUT SMART them.' ever heard that term. Collo is not meant to be for brutes with no ability to think, you use strategies and tactics to win.

Edited by leyhysteria, 03 May 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

It look like you dint read al, you play like girl

You obviously never saw BritneySpears get to the final round of Colosseum.

#14 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

Its way different in LoTs though so i wouldnt really compare what we have now.
PvP/Colo right now is about 1 shotting and stunlocking.
Those are the most important factors as of right now.
Colo and PvP focuses on which class is the most broken. Knight and warriors might be super OP with Eddga, but inside colo they are pretty much around the medium tier for me. I have colo'd for both and it just really takes some effort for those classes to actually kill others. Not like sins and priest, with Grim and DoT + chainstun.

#15 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

The sexism is real! :3 hiding is a part of the skill tree of thief classes i.e rogues and assassins, and running around is not girlish, it's called tactics. 'If you can't out fight them, OUT SMART them.' ever heard that term. Collo is not meant to be for brutes with no ability to think, you use strategies and tactics to win.

well id llike to see you do the same in 1 vs 1 fight, do you think you will have a room where you can hide, if hiding is your best tactics definitely you are not melee fighter, sexismis  is a reality that means gift different than women's, rogue hide, hit, rune, hide.

#16 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

It can be called tactics if it has consequences and risk to do it, now Thief class basically have zero risk to Hiding then come out to oneshot people in PvP aspects and only need 2-3 buttons to do it....

I probably will only stop complaining Thief classes unless they can use their Hide for "helping people" in-game, inside or outside PvP that sadly not (oh look someone in WoE map, I will disturb his quest and one-shot him/her). Only roles they can do is FP boss spawn checkers. Some Thief classes complain they get hard time to level, because people don't want them outclassed their own classes in PvP later...

#17 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Hiding definitely needs to be addressed (once per round) but I'd actually even say melee has an advantage over ranged inside colo where things are "balanced". Assassin even without hide abuse can cut through people like butter and move onto the next very fast, while Beastmaster and Monk are, in my opinion, the #1 and #2 colosseum classes. With colo balance scaling BM cannot die ever (I have 54k HP in there), even to double asuras and stunlocks from priests can be shrugged off, while all of his attacks have AoE properties so you get freak kills all over the place. Monk has the infamous "whoever I tab dies" asura while being very hard to kill himself.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users