re-evaluation process of Autumn Hairband - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

re-evaluation process of Autumn Hairband

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

"Restarting 3rd Class Specific Headgear re-evaluation process with Autumn Hairband[1], looking over feedback and looking to get testing started again soon. "

So, it has been a month already, and not a single word is spared from community managers on this re-evaluation process.

There has been a strong opposition against the hairband boosting AS instead of traps(or any other skills) from the very beginning, and its been like , more than 1 year right? 

I don't think fixing a headgear takes more than 1 year of office work, just tell us what is your real intention on this headgear plase.

Edited by zefram, 02 May 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#2 Abdee

Abdee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIn your heart
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

To make you confuse either sell or not that hat :D

#3 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

I don't care about the market value of this equipment.Problem is , half of the ranger skill tree is rendered useless due to bad design. Community headgear project was to change this.

They got even help from us,most of us spend our personal time brainstorming and offering solutions, and yet all are ignored.Really not cool honestly.

Also,(to GMs )please don't come up with an argument like, "yes but trap mechanics are different" 

Its been 1 year goddamit. People build spacecrafts in 1 year.

Edited by zefram, 02 May 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

It wasn't intended, at least not by me the creator, for it to be arrow storm but there wasn't a means of buffing the elemental traps directly like I wanted so it was changed (technically not asking me but it is what it is). Changing an effect of an equip later on isn't foreign (case and point Asprika).

#5 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:17 AM

Maybe exactly because it's 1 year already? Many ppl invested into that headgear knowing nothing about any changes that might happen. Just deal with it, it's not the worst of the games problems

#6 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

is worth noting that this info was given april 1st  :p_devil:

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

You know it took like 2.5 years to get kRO to just make the hats and this isn't exactly high on the to do list started this in 2011 January just fyi

#8 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

It wasn't intended, at least not by me the creator, for it to be arrow storm but there wasn't a means of buffing the elemental traps directly like I wanted so it was changed (technically not asking me but it is what it is). Changing an effect of an equip later on isn't foreign (case and point Asprika).

Maybe so, but the hats were designed to buff uncommon builds and bring them up to parity with "traditional" ones right? The changes made to Autumn Headband are not even remotely in line with the intention of the project. I recall something being said in the first thread, now relegated to some subforum within a subforum, that certain traps could be buffed and certain ones couldn't, hence kRO decided to buff neither and go for AS instead. Why not just buff those traps that can be modified by equip effects and give a significant boost to the relevant (except DEX) trap damage stats?

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

Maybe so, but the hats were designed to buff uncommon builds and bring them up to parity with "traditional" ones right? The changes made to Autumn Headband are not even remotely in line with the intention of the project.

If the hats were designed to buff uncommon builds, why was wanderer's hat made to buff their most popular leveling skill (severe rainstorm) instead of their defunct/useless sound damage skill tree? Ranger traps are more viable than performer sound damage tree, even. And Inubashiri's project proposed this poor choice to begin with; so you really have that much faith in the original guidance of this project...? It's a stretch, for me.

I recall something being said in the first thread, now relegated to some subforum within a subforum, that certain traps could be buffed and certain ones couldn't, hence kRO decided to buff neither and go for AS instead. Why not just buff those traps that can be modified by equip effects and give a significant boost to the relevant (except DEX) trap damage stats?

Puhleeze... remember how one requested effect was like -50% sp cost of a specific skill? And Instead of making it -X fixed cost (equal to what 50% would have been) they just replaced the effect with something unrelated with the excuse "-% SP effects don't work on specific skills". I think we already know the devs are not thinkers.

Edited by Jaye, 02 May 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#10 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

At least this hat is working!

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

Also a point in fact. Though one thing that begs to question is how some legit gears can boost severe rainstorm damage (like the ancient dying swan from bio5) but when devs put it on our hat, it doesn't work? Doesn't that beg the question that they could be wrong about their ability to boost, say, bomb cluster? (they tested it on sakray and it didn't work). Obviously they are doing something wrong with the scripting?

#12 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

Also a point in fact. Though one thing that begs to question is how some legit gears can boost severe rainstorm damage (like the ancient dying swan from bio5) but when devs put it on our hat, it doesn't work? Doesn't that beg the question that they could be wrong about their ability to boost, say, bomb cluster? (they tested it on sakray and it didn't work). Obviously they are doing something wrong with the scripting?

iMldqaL.gif

#13 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:03 AM

You know it took like 2.5 years to get kRO to just make the hats and this isn't exactly high on the to do list started this in 2011 January just fyi

The fact that we spent that much time on this project is just another reason to follow the matter now as it is incomplete and did not really meet the goal.

And yes, i can tell that that this project is not really high on the to do list but hear this, i think at the momet it is really important and will bring life/richness to the game if we are offered alternative ways to play the game. 

a level 175/60 ranger has like 3000 points to distribute into 5 categories,180 skill points to distribute, countless equipments with certain benefits and also consumables,also a handfull of other characters we can party with.Bring all these variations together, and what we have is a mere Arrow storm build and an auto warger,and these two are not even much different than the other.2 different types of glass cannons.

Search rangers on ropd please, you will see how there is no variation whatsoever, i think poor gameplay experience offered to us is a big problem. Thats why i'm overly insistent.

Edited by zefram, 02 May 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#14 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

The fact that we spent that much time on this project is just another reason to follow the matter now as it is incomplete and did not really meet the goal.

And yes, i can tell that that this project is not really high on the to do list but hear this, i think at the momet it is really important and will bring life/richness to the game if we are offered alternative ways to play the game. 

a level 175/60 ranger has like 3000 points to distribute into 5 categories,180 skill points to distribute, countless equipments with certain benefits and also consumables,also a handfull of other characters we can party with.Bring all these variations together, and what we have is a mere Arrow storm build and an auto warger,and these two are not even much different than the other.2 different types of glass cannons.

Search rangers on ropd please, you will see how there is no variation whatsoever, i think poor gameplay experience offered to us is a big problem. Thats why i'm overly insistent.

I'm glad to say we play the same class, I can't say that about most rangers nowadays

Reasons why i think it should start being discussed along with the other hats too(Can't forget those)

• Decreases SP cost of [Wind Walker] by 20-Bye bye Rideword and Vanagard(Not really but it helps in SP)
  • Increases damage with physical ranged attacks by 5%- Close enough to Evil Marching Hat and Airship Captain Hat to make those 2 useless
  • If upgraded to +7 or higher:
    • Atk +2 for every 5 base Int of the wearer. My Aspd Ranger has 60 Int so it would gain +24 Atk and thats the least a ranger should have on Int with 175 update
  • If upgraded to +9 or higher:
    • Increases the damage inflicted with [Arrow Storm] by 2% for every 10 base levels of the wearer. 170 Levels is 34% more arrow storm damage..Really? that's only 16% away from from a 4 pieces of equipment together
  • And the headgear is slotted... and only takes up one slot

Don't get me wrong I love Aspd and AS build more than trapper but if those effects were changed to support a trapper build than we would hopefully have more versatility in the builds we play along with. I hate seeing a bunch of people being forced to play Arrow Storm build because

a.) they hate to explore anything else but the best

b.) people told them that trappers suck

When i first started playing this game and i finally made it to ranger

I found out that everyone was running around with daggers and shields laying down fire traps, so I deleted my ranger after that since it wasn't a RANGED class i told myself i'll just play a Gx or something that is meant for Melee

that is just an example of how i quit because the class i wanted to play was useless..Than WWGears and Elven Arrows came out....

#15 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

Good luck getting WP to work on these hats. Back in February, I asked if we could start discussing the hats again. They said they'd start looking into them starting in March. Hell, between the recent downtime, fixing bugs in Thor etc., they don't have time to even keep up with their own "roadmap" for the Classic server. As Xellie said in a different discussion, we're in the 2nd quarter, and they haven't even begun tackling their goals yet. First quarter goals aren't even complete.

I don't think these will be touched (or even thought about) in the near future, I'm betting. I hope I'm wrong, though.

#16 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

Forget about hats and stuff. Ask the cms and gms about their avatars. Quickest responses you get on such questions.

+1 to the topic. Being able to play various builds is the whole reason of games such as RO. If this is not important enough. I hope they have some seriously cool avatars for us to ask questions about...

#17 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

And Inubashiri's project proposed this poor choice to begin with; so you really have that much faith in the original guidance of this project...? It's a stretch, for me.

Leave your salt in the past, 3 years later is ridiculous.

#18 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

dont mind us, trapper sucks. we only have superb defense, immortality and mvp capability better than shieldless rangers. we have completely different playing strategy and it feels likeplaying different class.
if this hat modifying idea will win by majority vote, of course i will lose since only few trappers are there and most of them converts to AS build coz of that hat effect.
maybe i just continuing to write my own legacy. when all trappers is dead and abandoned, i am still alive, kicking and achieving.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:52 PM

dont mind us, trapper sucks. we only have superb defense, immortality and mvp capability better than shieldless rangers. we have completely different playing strategy and it feels likeplaying different class.
if this hat modifying idea will win by majority vote, of course i will lose since only few trappers are there and most of them converts to AS build coz of that hat effect.
maybe i just continuing to write my own legacy. when all trappers is dead and abandoned, i am still alive, kicking and achieving.

I'm not against it at all, I don't care either way its not like it makes or breaks my character. Its just the fire/ice traps weren't boostable directly due to the elemental dmg factor (which I wasn't aware of when I wrote it).

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Leave your salt in the past, 3 years later is ridiculous.

You won't admit the bad decision to this day, won't allay concerns with outlaying what you plan to do about it or even so much as pledging solidarity with the concerns of others on this specific one, and its currently *still* a crushing disappointment-- so how is this in the past and not the present?

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Pretty sure Oda told you to make your own hat or zip it, you can't ever accept no as an answer and you were extremely rude back then as well from the start. So get off it already, you're just being petty. You always use any excuse to make snide remarks when it comes to the hat project I had and I do mean ANY. This topic isn't even about the one you wanna talk about, case and point.

Heck the first effects you were suggesting for that hat wasn't even possible but you couldn't accept that either, and just recently you tried to talk about this hat and was wrong all over the place suggesting the original effects were possible because you, Jaye knower of all, argued with both opinions of Camp and Holden about one trap skill vs the others without even doing the fact checking required to even compose an argument.

Edited by Inubashiri, 02 May 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#22 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

Spoiler

Edited by ceinchase, 02 May 2015 - 06:39 PM.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

Might I suggest you worry less about your wrecked credibility and more about actually refuting what points I've made. or proposing solutions. Anything useful. Youre looking mighty petty and wounded, not justified. You might get credibility back quicker stating what can be done, not focusing on how much your feelings are hurt by people not liking how your project turned out.

#24 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Yeah my credibility? What a gold fish memory you have:

http://forums.warppo...hats/?p=2121152

#25 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

All forum drama aside

The only thing we can do right now to actually get some work done is start bouncing ideas off eachother in the forums for the in game effect..

Let me be the first to say that maybe we can have the headgear do anything but increase Arrow Storm but start thinking of ways a trapper can benefit from a headgear instead of it having to be damage increase since that doesn't seem to be possible (or easy?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users