2 replies to this topic

#1 usullusa

usullusa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

So I'm a veteran player but I've somehow managed to never play a monk and to avoid basically all information about monks. I guess was just uninterested in monks. But I've finally made my first monk and am at a total loss for builds. I can't find a guide that gives a good intro to monks/champions or gives build suggestions. There's lots of stuff on Suras but I'm not there yet (my understanding is that Sura and Champ builds are pretty much opposites and you should reset when you go 3rd class); I just jane-wayed my way to high aco. Is there a good place I can read up to know how to invest my skills or can someone give me a quick run down?

I think solo monk/champ guilds tend to be high str/agi builds with some dex and vit for hit and survivability, is this true? What about tank builds?

I'm almost exclusively a PvM player with a little bit of MvP. In the past I've tended to like to play high aspd builds or ones where I can spam skills-- I just like to play fast. 

Anyway, hella noob question, but hopefully somebody can help me out. 

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

you checked irowiki already? they have basic build/setup choices at least;

AGI does allow for soloing (w/ combo) to some extent, but this phase is rather momentary (especially with gramps TI);

once you get to shura, AGI becomes less relevant as you switch into AoE killing mobs (which make flee useless); it does have a use for boosting skyblow damage slightly but one could just invest more in VIT (survivability) and supplement damage via gears; AGI (along with DEX) also reduces manual TC combo delay nicely but with the advent of FC, manual combo became less neccessary;

it's possible to not have to reset once you turn shura if just relying on parties/TI to level instead of soloing (which can be rather slow without proper gears);

any build should be able to tank with MS (better with reduc gears) so there isn't really a "tank build";

standard pre-shura skill build

Edited by ka10, 02 May 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#3 usullusa

usullusa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users