We need more newbie guilds - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

We need more newbie guilds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

One thing I have learned while recruiting for my guild, Equestria, is that iRO has a very healthy incoming population of newbies who have nowhere else to go. I've probably spent less than an hour or two recruiting and filled up a level 17 guild. even after i took down my recruiting chat, people were still PMing me for invites.

People want to play iRO, but the lack of newbie guilds for them to join is probably a letdown for many.

If anyone wants to start a guild and doesn't mind helping out newbies a little, I highly recommend it. Set up a recruiting chat in Izlude and you'll have a full guild in no time!

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

It's because leading a guild can be a full time job, it's extremely stressful and most people do not have the time or desire to do it.

#3 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

i want a pervert guild for perverts like me

#4 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

Thats what i used to do, and while its easy enough to recruit newbies most of them always end up disapearing without telling anyone ( i mean id lend them gears and they'd just turn inactive and never to be seen again...) or they made alts and never bothered to join back...not to mention those that joined but were botting, at some point i was spying on my guildies to see who was botting or not...

Suddenly i remember why i quit being a guildmaster, too much hassle to deal with peoples in RO XD

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

It's because leading a guild can be a full time job, it's extremely stressful and most people do not have the time or desire to do it.

this basically. shout outs to those who take on the mantle of being a guild leader but it is very easy to get burned out if you aren't prepared for it.

with the international nature of this game, it would probably also help to have leadership from different time zones so that your guild members will always have someone to contact. it's probably a bit rough to expect one person running the whole thing.

#6 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Thats what i used to do, and while its easy enough to recruit newbies most of them always end up disapearing without telling anyone ( i mean id lend them gears and they'd just turn inactive and never to be seen again...) or they made alts and never bothered to join back...not to mention those that joined but were botting, at some point i was spying on my guildies to see who was botting or not...

Suddenly i remember why i quit being a guildmaster, too much hassle to deal with peoples in RO XD

That's why I just give few mil here and there, and never laon anything that I expect to get back.

Newbies are easily impressed by cheap gear and a mil zeny, and all that matters is keeping them happy until they find thier own foot in the game.

You do lose a few newbies along the way of course, but I have been pleasantly surprised with the number that are sticking around, especially after last week's server derp.

#7 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

Not trying to advertise but Adult Swim is a newb friendly guild, the thing I have found out though (Especially from recruiting Janeway newbs) is that they quit after they trans... or somewhat into trans.

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

Not trying to advertise but Adult Swim is a newb friendly guild, the thing I have found out though (Especially from recruiting Janeway newbs) is that they quit after they trans... or somewhat into trans.

game not easy enough obviously. need janeway for 1-175 plx

#9 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

True,/\

most of them quit after lvl 100 too lol

#10 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

I got my guild for alts but id need some experienced players to help out. I get soo frustrated with the newbs that join baka's asking soo many questions that they should already know the answer to being as they are 3rd job. But that's caused by gramps more then anything else.

#11 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Dr. Tame can I join your TE guild?  :p_laugh:

I guess it'll be not fair to my own guild, but I'd really like to fight a woe in your guild. Just not against my own guild.  :rice:

#12 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

That's the problem with Janeway. It makes it way too easy for newbies and then after they trans they get annoyed or bored with the grind very quickly. I wish they would get rid of her already.

Dr. Tame can I join your TE guild?  :p_laugh:

I guess it'll be not fair to my own guild, but I'd really like to fight a woe in your guild. Just not against my own guild.  :rice:

Of course. Anyone can join, especially if you want to woe :)

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Dr. Tame can I join your TE guild? :p_laugh:
I guess it'll be not fair to my own guild, but I'd really like to fight a woe in your guild. Just not against my own guild. :rice:

i will crush you the next time i see Althes the Sinx wandering in castles in woe TE time :)

#14 Ironhardt

Ironhardt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

i want a pervert guild for perverts like me

exactly whats on my mind i would name it "hentai dominion/faction"

#15 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

i will crush you the next time i see Althes the Sinx wandering in castles in woe TE time :)

Luckily I'm a sinx, you can't see me.  :p_laugh:

Yeah, only one week.

Edited by Althes, 05 May 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#16 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

My guild, Determination, is almost full. I have to kick those who are inactive to get the space needed for newer members.

#17 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

All I want is a Harem Guild. :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users