• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 checksome

checksome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

My account is Faptime. I'm with friends in pow ch4 yesterday chatting and trolling with each other. One of my friend said that he will show her new female char and I said okay "I will rape her" and after that my account was disconnected immediately and when I tried to log in again the account has been banned. I logged in my other char to check if there's a DS staff around and I saw GM Tirfing and asked him to unban my account. He replied to me and said submit a ticket and we will review your account. After a minute he also banned my other account and I dont know the reason why you banned my other account too. You know your ticketing system will take days or weeks to answer a single inquiry or request and I don't want to wait for that long.

To GM Tirfing, you just abused your power as GM.

Additional information: This happened to my friend to yesterday from Prominence guild just by saying "Buttsex". This is to warn also other players in Dragon Saga.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Now any offensive language should've just had a warning or at worse, a short ban. The 2nd account seemed to have no reason for the second ban. (And don't say owning multiple accounts as that'd result in 95% of DS playerbase being guilty.)

Your offense was just adult language on Faptime. (Although he might force you to take a name change. Happens to every char with an innuendo of any kind in their name.) A troll chat post saying that should be the least of their concerns. 

#3 Zaydes

Zaydes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

I agree to checksome. Every single time Tirfing logs on, he always ban atleast 1-2 players. He doesn't talk to players nor interact with us. He's undoubtedly abusing gm powers.

No one appreciates you Tirfing, stop banning people.

#4 Zaydes

Zaydes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

I agree to checksome. Every single time Tirfing logs on, he always ban atleast 1-2 players. He doesn't talk to players nor interact with us. He's undoubtedly abusing gm powers.

No one appreciates you Tirfing, stop banning people.

#5 MongoMoves

MongoMoves

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

:pif:

Edited by MongoMoves, 04 May 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#6 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

HA! This situation sounds very familiar. I have a friend who he banned as well (zPooh, when he was still active) for using the statement "that's what your mama said" while having a fun convo with someone. Tirfing claimed that "they", as the admin staffs, do not appreciate hearing it in the game. I initially thought that my friend was exaggerating the situations, but now i realize he wasn't. Like my statement from other threads, doesn't he has better things to do if or when he visits the game? Like say hi or host mini events that will engage the community to participate instead of finding silly faults from innocent player and punish them for having a good time. Other GMs have done this in the past and they were greatly appreciated by the community (I miss you ShazamO/AgentMeow). I hope you get your account back Fappy.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

My account is Faptime. I'm with friends in pow ch4 yesterday chatting and trolling with each other. One of my friend said that he will show her new female char and I said okay "I will rape her" and after that my account was disconnected immediately and when I tried to log in again the account has been banned. I logged in my other char to check if there's a DS staff around and I saw GM Tirfing and asked him to unban my account. He replied to me and said submit a ticket and we will review your account. After a minute he also banned my other account and I dont know the reason why you banned my other account too. You know your ticketing system will take days or weeks to answer a single inquiry or request and I don't want to wait for that long.

To GM Tirfing, you just abused your power as GM.

Additional information: This happened to my friend to yesterday from Prominence guild just by saying "Buttsex". This is to warn also other players in Dragon Saga.

Hello,

I could say "I personally had warned players using this kind of language everytime when I saw something like that in-game and ask them to stop immedatiely." I warned players multiple times in the trade chat, via megaphones and in regular telling them there are GMs around and explicit sexual language is not tolerated in a G rated game. 

I don't want to comment this situation, but to impute Tirfing to abuse his powers will not help you. Actually he may do what he did without further warning. You agreed to the Account Policy during the creation of your WarpPortal account.

2. WarpPortal Online Account Policy

(2) The user may receive a warning when determined to have committed actions against the policy by the WarpPortal Team [hereafter known as WP Team]. If there is no sign of correcting these actions, service may be limited or suspended on the account. The WP Team may also terminate the usage of the account without notice depending on the severity of the case.

(...)

4. Game Policies

Inappropriate Action

The following actions are not allowed in-game or on the WarpPortal forums:

- Using items, skills, or the game environment to intentionally disturb or harass other individuals.
- Repeating a single phrase or similar phrases, preventing others from using the chat effectively.
- Promoting any game, business, website, or organization that is not associated to the WarpPortal.
- Scamming another user to obtain items, currency, or other possessions.
- Using 3rd party programs that have not been approved by the WarpPortal support team.
- Selling or purchasing in-game items or currency from locations other than the WarpPortal website with real-world currency.
- Sharing your account information, or the account information of other users, with other people.
- Using or failing to report an exploit or bug.
- Altering the game client without the permission and instruction of the WarpPortal staff.
- Host or play on an Illegal Private Server.Inappropriate contentThe following content is not allowed to be used in chat, as the name of characters, guilds/clans/factions, parties, or be represented by icons or pictures in-game or on the WarpPortal forums:- Bypassing the chat filter, or referring to words intentionally blocked by the chat filter.
- Harassing other users using chat, names, icons, or images.
- Referring to, demanding, or promoting sexual or violent acts. 
- Releasing or threatening to release the personal information of other users or WarpPortal employees.
- Promoting hatred of a race, ethnic group, nation, religion, political organization or other affiliation.
- Referring to illegal substances or activities, in accordance with United States federal and California State law.
- Impersonation of another user or WarpPortal staff.
- Disclosing bugs, exploit, or instructions on how to accomplish an inappropriate action (see above) to other users.
- Anything giving the impression that a user has special favor or ties to the WarpPortal staff.
- Any disparaging remarks, slander, insults, or rumors involving or pertaining to the WarpPortal, WarpPortal staff, or any affiliated games and companies.

Consequences:

Taking part in any of the above inappropriate actions or using any of the inappropriate content can lead to a number of actions taken.

Any of the following are possible actions that may be taken when an account is found involved in an inappropriate activity:

- Warning.
- Temporary game account suspension.
- Removal of items/currency/character levels.
- Revoked forum access.
- WarpPortal account suspension.
- Suspension of associated game accounts (as seen through location, trades, and information).
- Revoked ability to create new game accounts.
- Permanent suspension of game account.
- Permanent suspension of all related game and WarpPortal accounts.

The severity and frequency of ill-mannered actions directly correlates to the severity of the consequence. If you find to have been suspended or denied access in any way, please contact the WarpPortal Support Team to discuss the reason behind the suspension.
*Please note that these rules are a guideline to be followed. These rules may be changed at any time to reflect the growth and changes of both the games and the WarpPortal. The WarpPortal Team reserves the right to deny service to any user we may see as a threat to our company or our games.

If you now ask me the question if I like the way the things are handled by GM Tirfing then I only can tell you I personally prefer handling things like this a bit differnt. But I am not a GM, like I always tell you. And it's completely up to the GM to decide what actions he takes and in which way.

As he told you, to clarify this situation you should submit a ticket to the support team to discuss it. Here in the forums sadly noone can help you.

Greetings,

-Popcorn

Edited by VModPopcorn, 04 May 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#8 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

KaRd4.gif

#9 checksome

checksome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

Yea I submitted a ticket right after the account has been banned.  "Actually he may do what he did without further warning. You agreed to the Account Policy during the creation of your WarpPortal account."

#10 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

I remember when Gm's had a sense of humor, I once told agentmeow aka Shazam (when he was a Gm) to suck my nuts and he laughed it off lol.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

I remember when Gm's had a sense of humor, I once told agentmeow aka Shazam (when he was a Gm) to suck my nuts and he laughed it off lol.

You can't compare one GM to another. Every person is different in their attitude and behavior. We have always to keep that in mind.

Agent Meow was another kind of person with another attitude than GM Tirfing is. 

Everyone has their opinion on a specific person. We can't like everyone, but at least we have to deal with everyone who does not surpass their limits.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 05 May 2015 - 12:51 AM.

#12 Zaydes

Zaydes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

You can't compare one GM to another. Every person is different in their attitude and behavior. We have always to keep that in mind.

Everyone has their opinion on a specific person. We can't like everyone, but at least we have to deal with everyone who does not surpass their limits.

Then company needs to hire a better GM that can do a way better than Tirfing, because he's failing at being a gm. He needs to stick to just answering tickets.

#13 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

This is a plain comedy and not professional for a GM to handle a dying game. Good job you just killed another player by doing non sense move. Players will love you if you respect them and give them a life in game. oClark is correct, you should focus in doing something that will make the player happy.

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

This is a plain comedy and not professional for a GM to handle a dying game. Good job you just killed another player by doing non sense move. Players will love you if you respect them and give them a life in game. oClark is correct, you should focus in doing something that will make the player happy.

First of all I want to fight the rumors that this is a dying game - this is not true. Why should WarpPortal do the effort to take over the development of a dying game? 

The other fact is, that explicit sexual language is not tolerated by WarpPortal, neither here in the forums nor in-game. It was the GM's decision to handle this issue this way and it was his right to handle it this way. I'm not in the position to have an opinion if this could have been handled better, nor I will state my own opinion regarding this.

Fact is: If you have problems with one of the GMs, feel free to write a ticket and tell our support team your opinion.

Ranting on the forums doesn't help anyone. Neither the GM to become "better" nor the players. I understand - in my player's point of view - why you are upset how it was handled. But the sad truth is, that nobody is able to help anyone on the forums with this kind of issue.

Surely, unhappy people can't be the goal of any company, but also an in-game chat full of insulting and sexual language neither.

Please, even though you're maybe upset, keep a clean discussion in this topic. I'm sure this topic will be also read by our support team, but a ticket with your opion regarding such issues is necessary if you want your opinion to be heard.

Thank you!

Edited by VModPopcorn, 05 May 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#15 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Tirfing sure is a bit hasty when delivering judgements : I was asked to watch my writing as someone else had used quite misleading words. Not saying I'd do better than him though.

Edit from the dead : holy crap, yes I would.

Edited by Homurasan, 27 July 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

From what I've read, it sounds like this GM did not give any prior warning. And he banned the second account simply for requesting a ban removal despite he agreed to write a ticket.

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

Sounds like overly literal interpretation of the rules to justify bans that should have just been verbal warnings. Childish taunting isn't bannable in any capacity.

It's pretty hard to avoid that kind of talk considering the age of the playerbase, in addition to the fact that DS' NPC dialogue contains a fair bit of innuendo (ban the devs!), and that the game is built around beating the -_- out of anything that moves, including other players, resulting in glorification of those accomplishments. That covers both sexuality and violence.

Taking a hardline approach to that sort of conduct accomplishes nothing, except to miff off the players and result in threads like these, calling for the GM to be lynched XD

GMs (and by extension VMs) are faceless entities that represent WarpPortal. They are enforcement officials and nothing more. While they need to be able to exercise limited discretion in their duties, since it would be impossible to carry them out otherwise given that they can't be everywhere at once, so context does occasionally escape them, personal "attitude" and "opinion" towards targets and subjects of enforcement should never factor into their decisions. However, they can't just go by the book either, since being a successful moderator means knowing your audience (here being a broad spectrum of ages from pps to teens to young adults, all of which are prone to the sort of behaviour we're discussing in this thread). It really just sounds like Tirfing is inexperienced, and you're just as inexperienced for unilaterally condoning his "quickfire" attitude saying that it's an aspect of a personality that GMs should not base their actions around while on the job.

#18 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

Sounds like overly literal interpretation of the rules to justify bans that should have just been verbal warnings. Childish taunting isn't bannable in any capacity.

It's pretty hard to avoid that kind of talk considering the age of the playerbase, in addition to the fact that DS' NPC dialogue contains a fair bit of innuendo (ban the devs!), and that the game is built around beating the  -_- out of anything that moves, including other players, resulting in glorification of those accomplishments. That covers both sexuality and violence.

Taking a hardline approach to that sort of conduct accomplishes nothing, except to miff off the players and result in threads like these, calling for the GM to be lynched XD [...]

Please marry me !

Edited by Homurasan, 05 May 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#19 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

it's not hard to add entries into the censorship list. 

in the presence of a gm, watch your language. despite most of us being adults, and despite that to them this is simply a job, there are lines that should not be tested. this is not to say that GMs are godlike creatures, no, it's just some guy at work behind his computer doing his job. however, not everyone does their job exactly the same way. 

if the ban really was based on abusive language then i don't agree with that. a warning should be issued first, if the player persists despite the warning, then disciplinary action should be taken. this has been the producers stance when he hears it in the game, as well as gm's from the past. they may be kind enough to issue a mute or they may issue a temporary suspension (ban) of the account.

our player base is small. most of us know each other and are comfortable with the way we talk. however, limit that language to party chats, guild chats, friend chats, and private messages. it would be good to note that this game is not an adult game. kids play this game as well, so watch your language in public chats.

#20 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

it's not hard to add entries into the censorship list. 

in the presence of a gm, watch your language. despite most of us being adults, and despite that to them this is simply a job, there are lines that should not be tested. this is not to say that GMs are godlike creatures, no, it's just some guy at work behind his computer doing his job. however, not everyone does their job exactly the same way. 

if the ban really was based on abusive language then i don't agree with that. a warning should be issued first, if the player persists despite the warning, then disciplinary action should be taken. this has been the producers stance when he hears it in the game, as well as gm's from the past. they may be kind enough to issue a mute or they may issue a temporary suspension (ban) of the account.

our player base is small. most of us know each other and are comfortable with the way we talk. however, limit that language to party chats, guild chats, friend chats, and private messages. it would be good to note that this game is not an adult game. kids play this game as well, so watch your language in public chats.

QFT.

I don't know how James noticed him, his player name makes him really inconspicuous.  :heh:

Jokes aside, if it was simply a ban for offensive and abusive language, you should be unbanned after serving your sentence. 

Take note of what was said here.

#21 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

No matter what game you play, you will always have bad language. Not to mention

When logging on the game it states that there is "crude humor"  saying "I will rape her" sounds like some crude humor.

And if language is the problem the staff should implement a mute system where the person can't talk for an amount of time

#22 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

A mute system is definitely better for offensive language (spam included) than an outright ban of any duration. Also that GM didn't really give any warning it seems. Although Popcorn mentioned warnings being given (Through normal and trade chat) it seems like that GM instabanned him with zero warning.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

Although Popcorn mentioned warnings being given (Through normal and trade chat) it seems like that GM instabanned him with zero warning.

Sorry, I think maybe I said it a bit confusing.

I didn't warn someone in this specific case. I only wanted to say, when I am in the game and see such kind of language I usually ask the one to stop. That is what I meant with: I warn players not to use this kind of language in trade, regular and by megaphones if I come accross it.

It didn't mean this specific case. I wasn't involved in this one. Also I don't know any backgrounds. 

Edited by VModPopcorn, 05 May 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#24 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• Customer Service Management
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

Enter the Warnhal~

Allow me to shed some light on this poppin' topic.

Cursing/use of profanity/vulgar terms in chat is not tolerated by our Support team. We would like to keep the chat clean since the game supports various age ranges. These cases are a bit unique as there is no by all, end all rule to them. If it's your first offense, yes you should receive a warning. But if you are using racial slurs, or something over-the-top offensive, you may find yourself suspended for a day or two.

I can't say I saw this play out, but judging by checksome's narrative, I agree that some suspensions may have been a bit excessive. The initial account should not have been suspended and a warning should have gone out. 

Getting an alternate account suspended for trying to appeal the initial suspension should not have occurred either. Unless you did something to warrant the suspension, i.e) openly start cursing out of frustration.

To conclude,  I will enlighten our GM of everyone's concerns.

My account is Faptime. 

Checksome, if you can PM me your alternate character & have your friend contact me, I can look into having them released.

#25 checksome

checksome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

Message sent to Warnhal(including the ticket number). If you can review that incident I'm confident that there's nothing wrong I did on the 2nd account. I didn't even cursed him I just pm him to unban my first account. I hope this will be sorted out ASAP. Thanks to all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users